boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Hotfix for what though? Typical Eugen post...

I find it difficult to access the tent's inventory when a car is inside it. Could be better if we got access to the inventory on the sides of the tent, instead of the center. 

Edited by S3V3N

Call me crazy or a fanboy if you like, but I kinda like the fact that they don't spell things out for us as far as specific content per patch. I find it much more enjoyable to discover the changes through exploration and community interaction.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

There you have it, folks :)

Call me crazy or a fanboy if you like, but I kinda like the fact that they don't spell things out for us as far as specific content per patch. I find it much mare enjoyable to discover the changes through exploration and community interaction.

For new updates, absolutely. For a hotfix though, I do want to know what we should focus on since it's strictly related to fixing bugs. Now we've got our answer! ;)

• Like 2

Current state:

Tested persistence of car doors extensively: they fall off when the car glitches out of a tent, slides down a 1% slope, gets tangled up inbetween trees and flipped by dead-dead infected. Trunk doors never fall off.

Lights: work without a bulb - just press "L"

Reload Fixes: no wheels visible on a truck will turn into all wheels visible on a truck after reloads.

Vehicle synchronisation with multiple vehicles: non-existant, as you cannot enter another vehicle's radius without getting brutally stopped. 

Glowplugs never show up in truck inventory.

There you go! Any more questions ;)? Alright, we'll give the hotfix a try. Hope there is some better vehicle synchronisation and an end to the sliding - that sliding thing is what we need info on...also the scopes should be on the list, because as far as I can tell some of them are still glitched (Kashtan and RV1-optics I know of).

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

For new updates, absolutely. For a hotfix though, I do want to know what we should focus on since it's strictly related to fixing bugs. Now we've got our answer! ;)

You guys have a point there. Fair enough. I just noticed that he said there was possibility of some new content in this update including Christmas stuff and "surprises".

Edited by ColdAtrophy

You guys have a point there. Fair enough. I just noticed that he said there was possibility of some new content in this update including Christmas stuff and "surprises".

Somehow my brain glossed right over that part. Seriously, didn't even see it despite reposting it myself  :| I'm too focused on the "fix" part, I guess. Excited to see what (if any) goodies are in! :)

• Like 1

Ich, I wonder what this possible .60 could include... I was truly hoping we'd see inklings of the new renderer :(

I'd be worried about the state of the SA development if we didn't have it by .61.

Why would useless Christmas crap be put in AFTER new years???

If you're poking fun at me, it's deserved :P If not, I think the message was meant to mean that the hotfix would have Christmas stuff, not 0.60 ;)

If it's true, Hicks' campaign of shooting down questions about Christmas was all an elaborate ruse  :o

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Why would useless Christmas crap be put in AFTER new years???

Well, it will be on experimental later, you can check it out before the new year ;)

I guess if it works as planned we'll see a stable update during maintenance, as this is only a hotfix and might not even affect persistence. 

What will it be though? "The Holy Handgrenade"? Blinking Rudolf the Reindeer noses? Santa hats? AKMs reskinned to look like sugar canes? Exploding Christmas Trees? Color me curious.

Edited by S3V3N

If you're poking fun at me, it's deserved :p If not, I think the message was meant to mean that the hotfix would have Christmas stuff, not 0.60 ;)

So , if it's Interpreted that way , we MAY have surprises in the hotfix ? That'd be alright but I just want the new renderer and all of the new mechanics that come with it :( !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

If you're poking fun at me, it's deserved :P If not, I think the message was meant to mean that the hotfix would have Christmas stuff, not 0.60 ;)

Wait, what?

No, this!

"Hotfix, 0.60 happening next year, might be some christmas content and surprise, but not helis or renderer yet." -Eugen

I think I miss understood.... :wacko:

He's answering someone about the ETA for .60 and then states what's going to be in Exp .60 today.... Sah-ree!!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

So , if it's Interpreted that way , we MAY have surprises in the hotfix ? That'd be alright but I just want the new renderer and all of the new mechanics that come with it :( !

0.60 - my guess:

- new character controller

- next iteration vehicles - dustbike added

- first iteration predatory animals

- next iteration infected AI + custom infected

- new vehicle sounds

- improved rain/particle and weather system

Damn, now I'm excited about the experimental again ^^ I hope it's an incremental version, so we don't have to download several Gigs of data. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

0.60 - my guess:

- new character controller

- next iteration vehicles - dustbike added

- first iteration predatory animals

- next iteration infected AI + custom infected

- new vehicle sounds

- improved rain and weather system

Wow that's optimisitic, but boy howdy do I hope you are correct.

• Like 1

He's answering someone about the ETA for .60 and then states what's going to be in Exp .60 today.... Sah-ree!!

Today's Experimental is a 0.59 hotfix, by the way :)

Today's Experimental is a 0.59 hotfix, by the way :)

Right, right.... derp, thanks.

Apparently this is the depth of my eloquence this early afternoon.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA

• Like 2

119.4 exp update :)

Open le thread, senor Bones!

Edit: version # 130919

No servers, yet.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

They're up!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

EDIT: Post moved.

Edited by Tatanko

Can't play after new build, friend is invisible on my screen and I'm invisible on his. He can see doors opening because of me, but he can't see my player. He is stuck in the position where he logged in, and I'm stuck on the position where I logged in on his screen. Typical DayZ, when one bug is squashed, another comes up! Any solutions for this?

There seems to be a loose maximum of how many people can be in a room at the same time before the conversation becomes muddy. I love talking to you all, but it can be hard to follow when we're on several different servers and talking over each other :P A few more rooms for peak times might help. Thanks for the use of your server  :)

Absolutely. I will add in more channels tonight and know exactly what you mean when there are too many people in one channel but on separate servers. If any of you would like to help me Operate the server I'll be happy to change your status so you have the ability to move people and/or crate sub channels. 

• Like 3

So finally found the precious 1911 magazine.It spawned on a shelf inside the green houses you have to walk up the stairs to get into(dont confuse with the double decker green houses.I'm talking the ones with the stairs outside the building you must walk up to enter). I know people were looking high and low for them.This is only place i can confirm them spawning since this was the first one i found in the .59 update on exp and stable.

Also almost forgot.I've been having good luck finding scopes in the stands and blinds heading inland from soln curving towards  Msta then towards the Stary stands... A majority of them were damaged but found a few acceptable worn ones.

Various types of ammo i seem to finding in train cars as well.Was even lucky to find a mosin and the bullets in the same box car.

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 2

Absolutely. I will add in more channels tonight and know exactly what you mean when there are too many people in one channel but on separate servers. If any of you would like to help me Operate the server I'll be happy to change your status so you have the ability to move people and/or crate sub channels. 

Sure thing! :)