boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Oh and where can i find a sedan? Havent seen one yet :(

Oh and where can i find a sedan? Havent seen one yet :(

Pusta, Cherno, cap golova ... Don't park it on hills , don't try and fix it up on hills , don't try and drive it up any hill more than 15 degrees with a slight turn because even in low gears the damn thing will fall backwards down a hill ... I actually havent tried the offroad but this is exactly how all the other vehicles act after this manual transmission was added ... Also they slide for miles if you do something wrong in the right area. Sedans , when you drive them , if you bump them into a house , a street sign , or a small curb , you will have the greatest trouble trying to get it off by unrealistically rotating It until it's free (cars and trucks somehow get caught on the smallest clipping issues , sucking it's physics into the object you smashed into, even if it was just a tiny bump).

I haven't used an offroad yet , but I've seen people drive them on flat ground , they go fast and handle well , but like I said if they have the same issues as the other vehicles I would stay on flat ground and don't overestimate its power , because these manual transmission vehicles aren't like their real life counter parts!

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Over the past few days i played with my mates and got pretty good equiped. All of us are walking around with an AK or an AUG, could'nt get my greedy hands on a M4 or SVD/VSS yet.

Also i have seen plenty of players with Hunting Backpacks but could not figure out where to find them or how rare they are.

I haven't used an offroad yet , but I've seen people drive them on flat ground , they go fast and handle well , but like I said if they have the same issues as the other vehicles I would stay on flat ground and don't overestimate its power , because these manual transmission vehicles aren't like their real life counter parts!

I'm actually quite please with the offroad's performance. Been up and down hills with no problem, though you have to be careful about flipping them. Gonna repair a sedan in an hour an see how this drives. Cars I found today:

spawned on fence, or glitched onto it:

2015-12-15_00010_zpsbfdcnvtu.jpg

sedan slid out of spawn, until stopped by wall:

2015-12-15_00005_zpswrdu0xlg.jpg

(hard to see, sorry - I thought I'd taken another screenshot more close up)

Saw some cows strolling through the forest, next to river. I shot one with a headshot, but the brown one got away and I had to run after it. I wonder, if it "bled out", because I found it dead, soon. I haven't seen groups of animals larger than 2/group.

2015-12-15_00007_zpsaknnszff.jpg

2015-12-15_00008_zpsllojhhm7.jpg

The weird thing about the Kashtan scope - not even does it look bugged, I think you can't actually shoot anything while it is attached. I tried shooting an infected with it and it didn't drop. When I took the scope off it was a one hit. And the scope was worn, it should have worked somehow. 

2015-12-15_00003_zpsqiarpsbj.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

jMR6CyM.jpg

this picture isnt mine, but represents the static view on a kashtan this update; minus the static reaching out and past said weapon and optics.

Dont know if I should post this here; but as I was placing a Kashtan optic on my akm(with a god send of a 75 rnd drum) I had found in the NWAF northern tents; and it projects as what I can only describe as 'Discolored graphics that represent the view projected from the sight it's self' when placed on my weapon. Also found the same glitch/error happening when i place it on ak74/74u. It's almost like a visual 'hit box' projecting from the optic.

Edited by bandit17

Also, are SKS and Mosin clips useless now? With the newui's hotbar loading system you can not only reload the gun as easily as you would with a clip, but you can also reload while the gun is not completely empty (yay!) Of course magazines will always have use, but this makes me wonder what function clips will serve going forward.

In a nutshell, they will provide faster loading vs. loading rounds individually with your hands/fingers. I'm assuming with the newui they will change how you load ammo. This is not my video below, but I own a couple of SKS' rifles and have these exact same stripper clips. This will give you an idea of how quickly you can put 10 rounds into the gun and have it ready to fire. 

The stripper clips were designed for combat so a soldier could quickly pull 10 rounds from his pouch/bag/etc. and slide them into his weapon. Just imagine having to individually load rounds in the heat of a battle. It would be a matter of life and death in some cases depending on how close the enemy was to you. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1

Thanks to apparent mistake composite arrows are now so slow that simple equations ignoring air resistance give reasonably accurate results...

Max range = 91.77 m (in-game ~80 m)

Highest point = 22.94 m (in-game ~21 m)

Range at 5° = 15.94 m (in-game ~16 m... Saturday was between 130-150 m)

Highest point = 0.35 m (in-game ~1/3 m)

Range at 20° = 58.99 m (in-game ~55 m)

Highest point = 5.37 m (in-game ~5 m)

Which ironically is more realistic than in any patch before.

• Like 1

lol vehicles are hilarious.  I ran into an offroad vehiclejust outside of pusta, and as soon as I interacted with it (removed a wheel) it started sliding.  and kept going.  and going.

*waves to it as it goes over the horizon*

I decided to go after it, and guess where it stopped.  ELEKTRO POWER STATION.  LMAO.  I've been coming across a lot of cars there, and I thought they spawned there.  NO.  they spawn in pusta and SLIDE to elektro.

:D

omgsobroken

Had the same thing happen with my gaz volga. Every once in a while it starts pulling to one side even tho the tires are all pristine. I noticed that taking all the tires off and putting them back one seems to fix it. So i stopped in mogilevka at the t-intersection right next to a black log cabin to take them off. As soon as i got them off it started sliding down hill all the way down to the beige house into the pond right next to it. Wich would be about 300m. After messing around with it underwater for a while i managed to get it out tho :)

• Like 2

I noticed if you take the kashtan off and shoulder the weapon again the zoom on the iron site is the same as the kashtan... might work? Worth checking out until fix applied. 

I've been having fun with the offroad- was out searching for crash sites near the vybor base and saw a boar. It took off and I took off after it at almost top speed. It eventually stopped- I screech to a halt, draw my AK... he takes off again... lead him juuuuuuuuust right- 1 shot. Chopped him up, crafted a modified backpack and had a steak dinner with DaveB afterwards. Cooked using a fireplace in a barrel right by the hood of our now stuck offroad.

I noticed the tires can be repaired with the tire repair kit- but it doesn't say anything in the messages. Having all pristine tires (you can repair from damaged to pristine with repair kit) seems to help go straight and it may be mentioned already but if you experience a lot of "pull to the left" then rotate the tires. Apparently you can do that without a lug wrench in the new ui- but you need the wrench if you're still using the old ui. Once rotated and all pristine I've been blazing around at top speed with a slight pull to the left but it is much more manageable. 

Those disco's I was talking about earlier turned out to be an issue with gameservers and they are working on a fix. It's their chicago based server in particular so anyone else hosting there has likely been having the same issues. Just glad it's something they took ownership of and will fix. 

Other than that... Anyone found any .308 ammo?

Noticed things are refreshing pretty quickly- and in substantial abundance. Still not quite in the same "panic" mode I used to be, running around freezing and hungry. The weather seems unseasonably warm and I haven't seen rain since .59 came out. 

• Like 2

yeah it spawns in houses, sheds, etc..  I can leave you a few rounds - check your messages in a few minutes and I'll tell you where I left them

• Like 1

I noticed if you take the kashtan off and shoulder the weapon again the zoom on the iron site is the same as the kashtan... might work? Worth checking out until fix applied. 

I've been having fun with the offroad- was out searching for crash sites near the vybor base and saw a boar. It took off and I took off after it at almost top speed. It eventually stopped- I screech to a halt, draw my AK... he takes off again... lead him juuuuuuuuust right- 1 shot. Chopped him up, crafted a modified backpack and had a steak dinner with DaveB afterwards. Cooked using a fireplace in a barrel right by the hood of our now stuck offroad.

I noticed the tires can be repaired with the tire repair kit- but it doesn't say anything in the messages. Having all pristine tires (you can repair from damaged to pristine with repair kit) seems to help go straight and it may be mentioned already but if you experience a lot of "pull to the left" then rotate the tires. Apparently you can do that without a lug wrench in the new ui- but you need the wrench if you're still using the old ui. Once rotated and all pristine I've been blazing around at top speed with a slight pull to the left but it is much more manageable. 

Those disco's I was talking about earlier turned out to be an issue with gameservers and they are working on a fix. It's their chicago based server in particular so anyone else hosting there has likely been having the same issues. Just glad it's something they took ownership of and will fix. 

Noticed things are refreshing pretty quickly- and in substantial abundance. Still not quite in the same "panic" mode I used to be, running around freezing and hungry. The weather seems unseasonably warm and I haven't seen rain since .59 came out.

Thanks for not mentionning that i stucked it about 5 seconds in driving it lol i feel so bad for breaking your toy. I will make up to you and try unstuck it. If i can't, i'll find you some booze to help forget about it. :)

Thanks to apparent mistake composite arrows are now so slow that simple equations ignoring air resistance give reasonably accurate results...

Max range = 91.77 m (in-game ~80 m)

Highest point = 22.94 m (in-game ~21 m)

Range at 5° = 15.94 m (in-game ~16 m... Saturday was between 130-150 m)

Highest point = 0.35 m (in-game ~1/3 m)

Range at 20° = 58.99 m (in-game ~55 m)

Highest point = 5.37 m (in-game ~5 m)

Which ironically is more realistic than in any patch before.

Beans for kinematics geekdom.  ;)

Thanks for not mentionning that i stucked it about 5 seconds in driving it lol i feel so bad for breaking your toy. I will make up to you and try unstuck it. If i can't, i'll find you some booze to help forget about it. :)

LOL oh dude... driving that thing is like being a baby on rollerskates. Nevermind all the times I've flipped the car after crashing into air (or stumps) or just outright rolling over a dozen times. Believe me, I think you've more than made up for it running all over the map with truck tires trying to get a truck put together to push the thing. 

I did notice that the car was turned 180 degrees from yesterday- I went in briefly to configure the admin messages and went to take a peek. 

And thanks to Red_E, a fellow canadian, for the generous offer! I do enjoy that aspect of the game so thank you for it! 

Oh lala - picture heavy post coming up ;)

I drove around in a bus I found with everything on it. I went like: "ringa-dinga-ding, airport express! all passengers aboard!", and "Neeext busstooop, Zelenogooorsk Siddy". Nobody replied, but I got shot at later by a group of three, who wasted tons of ammo, which plinked off the bus all around me. I didn't get my pants wet - or damaged - and escaped unharmed. Unfortunately no pics of that, because I was in kinda hurry. I feel pretty safe in the bus now, though. I went offroading for a bit ^^:

2015-12-15_00022_zpsngoqdrsg.jpg

I came down here:

2015-12-15_00026_zpse8x3l5yh.jpg

Found and tried to fix a sedan, but wheels were nowhere to be seen (for once...I only found bus and truck and offroad wheels nearby). So I went back to my beautiful camp. Nearby, the bus got stuck on hot air:

2015-12-15_00048_zpszboconje.jpg

I left if for someone more patient to try and get out.

I still had the pelts from before, so I decided it's time for tanning and went to camp!

2015-12-15_00039_zpslyczpl4p.jpg

(that's the camp/tent the Offroader slid out of, btw. Not very steep, imho)

2015-12-15_00050_zpss1fcvqfd.jpg

2015-12-15_00055_zps1tpngq3p.jpg

(you can stack 8 leather at a time, I tanned both cow and deer leather - it still takes several minutes and I think that is intended; reconnect may work quicker) 

I set up some snare traps, but caught nothing. I think it's probably like fishing, which only works for one person at a time. So placing three snare traps (even at a distance) will disable the whole mechanic.

2015-12-15_00044_zps33pckllb.jpg

Just when the second batch of leather had finished I heard footsteps around my car tent. Anyone reasonable would announce themselves, but nooo - these two guys just opened the tent and opened fire. I wasted the first. He actually hit me pretty bad. I'm not sure how he used up an entire mag and only hit me twice, though ;)

2015-12-15_00053_zpsjo5lthnr.jpg

2015-12-15_00054_zpsbnrq8lre.jpg

I said: "sorry 'bout that, but this is my camp" and closed the tent again. The other guy hadn't learned anything and opened the tent again, so I wasted him, too. Got another AK mag out of them. The rest was ruined. They both were armed, one with AK 74, the second guy had an SKS and they didn't try talking to me. I bandaged and attempted to repair the bus/get it unstuck:

2015-12-15_00049_zpsshb0ywuy.jpg

That resulted in it sliding even closer to the fence and I couldn't get out as passenger or driver any more. Well shit - I reconnected. Thanksfully, it spawned me back in on the rear door of the bus and I could vault over that invisible hotair barrier. 

2015-12-15_00057_zpspulumhll.jpg

(nope, can't "get out", sorry!)

I really tried everything and didn't exactly feel secure on the road...

I had to relocate my camp again and when I logged off, I was carrying two AKM's with several mags (including barrel mag), two AKS-U, silenced 1911 with two mags; plenty of ammo for those. The rest of the weapons I don't have mags for (UMP and FNX), so I put 'em in my "Next Camp" storage. I don't know why nobody talks on this server, they all just wammy away at me. I haven't died on stable, yet and they either ruin my jacket or my pants and boots; good thing I keep spare clothes at camp!

My lucky streak has to end someday and lonewolfing with a backback full of weapons isn't gonna be a lot of fun...but this was a good session altogether! I'm gonna head north with my gear again, to "Camp Hobo", my main installation. Haven't been there for two days, so I'm curious, if it was found. At least I have some storage left there!

>>EDIT<< Btw - don't forget to use w+left shift in combination in the bus for that extra-boost. Got my across more than one hill and out of sight from those fools shooting at the bus!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

So are vehicle persistent? Had mine disappear after a restart?

Some servers are, some ain't! Yet, no word about it and if you try to warn people about joining certain servers/providers, Boneboys deletes your post...I PM'd him to ask "what-the-fuck?", but never got a reply. Try joining a private shard. So far mine is persistent.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

My report as promised:

1 lada offroader (the new one from the hill side) stayed on its new position at another hill side exactly where i left it about 22h before.

1 lada offroader (my original one) slided from its parking place (on relativly flat top of the hill i mentioned before) where it has been for 26h before down the whole hill side till it hit some trees at the bottom.

So everything can happen to them i guess. :D

Driving the lada offroad is very good if u stay at low-mid speeds. high speeds are very dangerous because of the hilarious controls. First the steering is way to direct. If you hold A or D for 1 second it do not increases the steering in a straight way. It jumps up to Max immediately. Second (and this makes it in combination with first even worse) the acceleration not only stops if you loose W but it behaves like you jump on the brake. I guess that should simulate the engine brake but its waaaay to hard. Especially with this quick action. So you don't have the time to hit W again for not falling into the engine brake section. It comes immediately. You can not drive balanced. Only full throttle, brake or full brake. In combination with the harsh steering you do 360°-turns on a straight road without intention oooon the way like Ken Block. With no room at the sides you will total your car very fast. As i did. My original lada is now crap. With every hit on a fence or other blockers it becomes less driveable till it is a pain in the ass to drive and you will prefer to run (also the topspeed goes extremely down) and a flip over is now not only a question of time but a super bet if you ever again get it over running speed of a survivor.

Additionally today we lost a CR527 with hunting scope and mag for the f******* drop issue. As i told it before. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Hi My friends I have 2 issues in Dayz! I spent 4 hours assembles all the parts of the offroad and when i finally will enjoy the ride! the car start the engine but he can't move from the same place that i found him! i could even acelerate but nothing could move it! what the hell! why i ask?? i lost all thatenjoy i have!

the other is that the khastian scope is bug! when use you have two stripe on the screen and you can't see shit!

I wrote this because i have the hope that could ride and off road before christmas!!!!!!!

:D

• Like 1

Hi My friends I have 2 issues in Dayz! I spent 4 hours assembles all the parts of the offroad and when i finally will enjoy the ride! the car start the engine but he can't move from the same place that i found him! i could even acelerate but nothing could move it! what the hell! why i ask?? i lost all thatenjoy i have!

Probably a silly question... but did you press Q or E to shift out of neutral?

Additionally today we lost a CR527 with hunting scope and mag for the f******* drop issue. As i told it before. :rolleyes:

You know what - you didn't lose it! As long as it is still in your hotbar with an icon/picture, you can just remove the (current) weapon from your hands (to backpack), press the hotkey - or hammer it - and your rifle will come back out of thin air! It had simply houdinized itself ;)

Found that out today, when it happened with my AKM, and I couldn't find the rifle on the ground or elsewhere. Weird one for sure, but if you know, you know.

So, the hatchback I found was stuck on a fence, the sedan was stuck on a wall and the bus is stuck on what seems like a fence, too.

2015-12-15_00005_zpstew391zt.jpg2015-12-15_00010_zpsbfdcnvtu.jpg

This is how the bus looks now:

2015-12-16_00005_zpsi5wzo5sg.jpg

Those wheels are persistent. I only took them off in the hopes of getting it to slide. Of course they don't slide when it would actually be helpful! That's really amazing: out of the four vehicles I found, 3 were/are stuck. Totally the intention of a first iteration for vehicles! It's not like we're supposed to drive them around for testing or anything. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

So me and a guy I met were trying to unstuck a bus that was stuck on the train tracks just outside of Cherno, took us a while and we almost flipped it and also got this:

2015-12-16_00002.jpg

The bus was floating in mid-air with my buddy at the wheel :D also got it stuck on a road sign and had to unstuck it again... as it seems someone hitting the throttle helps getting it unstuck with the bow.

Edited by Sleezy
  • Like 3

I understand peoples frustration about the sliding bullshit, but thats also not new :P in 58 it happened all the time. Upon a server restarting the vehicle drops from mid-air (~1m) and then immediately starts sliding if on uneven terrain.

Also after restarts trucks used to always point towards north iirc, not sure how it is now.

jMR6CyM.jpg

this picture isnt mine, but represents the static view on a kashtan this update; minus the static reaching out and past said weapon and optics.

Dont know if I should post this here; but as I was placing a Kashtan optic on my akm(with a god send of a 75 rnd drum) I had found in the NWAF northern tents; and it projects as what I can only describe as 'Discolored graphics that represent the view projected from the sight it's self' when placed on my weapon. Also found the same glitch/error happening when i place it on ak74/74u. It's almost like a visual 'hit box' projecting from the optic.

I think the following link is relevant.. cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnT44cX5zw

Edited by madmac
  • Like 3

Tested out double bus tire as riot shield some more tonight. Can confirm the tire ate .22 pistol bullet, .357 magnum bullet, and a /308 Blaze round without me taking any damage. My friend then tried a 3-round burst with the mp5, 1 bullet hitting me in the leg. Not sure if one of the rounds missed the tire and hit my leg, but the double bus tire seems like an effective riot shield nonetheless. Haven't tried any other tires yet.

• Like 1