kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I would imagine that many would actually be solar powered. They store up power during the day, then come on at night. BUT, I imagine there was, most likely, a serious rash of copper theft during the deterioration of society. .

Maybe in California or other environmentally conscious places but efgicent solar cells and lightning are expensive. Looming at the infrastructure in chenarus it thik they would just throw fossil fuel and cheap labor at their energy needs.

This csm up in another topic though and you can see what looks like a solar cell on top of floodlights on some towers. The fim yellow lights at the end of nwaf's runways could belivably be solar powered for an emergency to get you close enough to see your mark with the landing light on the aircraft.

• Like 1

From a can spaghetti you get: 300 kcal energy and 324 ml water.

From a can of soda you get: 142 kcal energy and 330 ml water.

But are you absolutely sure it is bugged?

By the way, interesting fact: there is cannabis/ganja in the game files.

class Fruit_Cannabis: FruitBasedisplayName = "Ganja";descriptionShort = "Ganja";

yes bugged, u get more energy from soda compare to spagethi. 

Personally, just a minor thing - I don't mind. 

You need three sticks.

you need now 3 sticks, before it was 1 stick

When exactly did this change? The most recent build? I just made an improvised backpack earlier in 0.58, and it only required 1  :|

• Like 1

When exactly did this change? The most recent build? I just made an improvised backpack earlier in 0.58, and it only required 1  :|

one or two 0.58 updates back, not that long ago

• Like 1

I might be wrong, I think street lights were working on first update, on release. I think I have screenshot somewhere on my home PC. Can any SA veteran confirm this?

Yes. In early stage of DayZ there was some street lights in various cities and towns.

I loved that.

Back in 0.34-0.35   B)

vytdua.jpg

2lbddg.jpg

2s6nbwp.jpg

2lt1y0o.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 8

If you roll them are they staying rolled then?

Yep.  2 of them are rolled by the road near 018 075 on SC02 - have been for right around 24 hours now.  One of them is empty.  One has a few items in the cargo.  So that doesn't seem to be the issue.  

I also see that the guys who cleared my camp did a poor job - or they were only greedy for trucks.  Left me an AKM w mag and scope and AK74 with mag and scope.  I left the latter in the barrel by the fireplace.  Played for a couple of hours this morning.  2 tents, 3 barrels, 2 trucks, and several firearms.  Wish I could find a silenced 1911 with mag - sick of this thunder cannon Magnum with its AKM like recoil.

Edited by Thurman Merman

I noticed it for the first time yesterday.  Further, if you do it with 4 or 5 sticks, it takes all the extras, too.  

• Like 4

I was just in the new barracks buildings with a friend. After leaving, his weapon disappeared to him but not to me and then all of a sudden every one of my character's limbs broke, has anyone else had this? I was also then KOS'd a few minutes later (Cheers)

- the torch burns minimum 30min; on my screen the flame was dead, but my buddy still saw the flame on his screen...
- you still can't climb ladders with the new UI (since it was added). You look at the ladder, option to climb the ladder shows up - nothing in hands - press F and then nothing. You can't climb, you can't take something in your hands, the only option is to respawn.
But I like the new UI much more then the old one. If you want to drink a bottle, you have to take it in your hands and scroll to "drink all" or if you want to craft a fireplace, you have to drop a wood stick on the floor and take a rag in you hands. Really nice!
(I don't know, if it's working the same way with the old UI. I haven't tried it. I'm using the new UI since it was available)
- if you want to feed your fire, you have to make a fireplace kit (it shows 1 rag and 1 wood stick). Now light it up, wait ~30sec, the rag is burned and gone in the meantime, it's only one wood sick left in the fireplace.
Then, short before the wood stick burned down, add another rag to the fireplace, and if the first wood stick in gone, you can add a group of five wood sticks (the second rag must be shown in the fireplace, while adding the group of sticks!).
This way you can use one fireplace as long as you want, but everytime you want to feed the fire, a rag/bark is needed. But you save some matches.
- at the upper right side in the new UI, you have the "Inventory" block, where you can see all your gear (backpack, shoes, weapons, etc.) which is on your body. but there is too little space. If you are fully geared, there are not enough slots for everthing which COULD be dressed/carried.
- I love the herds of animals. Today I saw some cows (yes before this patch, cows were spawning in "herds") and I watched them some mintues. I shot between them, to see how they react. They run away and were frozen after 30m for some seconds.
It's nice to see a progress on the animal AI. I hope the devs can bring back overhauled infected to the game soon!

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 3

Yes. In early stage of DayZ there was some street lights in various cities and towns.

I loved that.

Back in 0.34-0.35 B)

vytdua.jpg

2lbddg.jpg

2s6nbwp.jpg

2lt1y0o.jpg

I have 2000 screen shots and I can't find one with street lights. I remember it was in Krasnostav,where those small houses are, closer to the airport.

I also saw option for streetlights in one of Arma2 dayz sub-mods. Script also gave option for house lights in non-enterable Arma2 houses. While that looked cool and somewhat scary, I wouldn't like that in SA. Sa tends to reality, as much as it is possible.

On other hand, one day with base building we can have crafting: light bulbs + truck battery/portable generator + wire.

• Like 3

It's nice to see a progress on the animal AI. I hope the devs can bring back overhauled infected to the game soon!

I found this pig in a green house in Msta.

LbPmAd.jpg 

When I approached him, he turned, ran through the door and down the stairs.  But then he ran straight through a chain link fence.  2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 6

- the torch burns minimum 30min; on my screen the flame was dead, but my buddy still saw the flame on his screen...

- you still can't climb ladders with the new UI (since it was added). You look at the ladder, option to climb the ladder shows up - nothing in hands - press F and then nothing. You can't climb, you can't take something in your hands, the only option is to respawn.

But I like the new UI much more then the old one. If you want to drink a bottle, you have to take it in your hands and scroll to "drink all" or if you want to craft a fireplace, you have to drop a wood stick on the floor and take a rag in you hands. Really nice!

(I don't know, if it's working the same way with the old UI. I haven't tried it. I'm using the new UI since it was available)

- if you want to feed your fire, you have to make a fireplace kit (it shows 1 rag and 1 wood stick). Now light it up, wait ~30sec, the rag is burned and gone in the meantime, it's only one wood sick left in the fireplace.

Then, short before the wood stick burned down, add another rag to the fireplace, and if the first wood stick in gone, you can add a group of five wood sticks (the second rag must be shown in the fireplace, while adding the group of sticks!).

This way you can use one fireplace as long as you want, but everytime you want to feed the fire, a rag/bark is needed. But you save some matches.

- at the upper right side in the new UI, you have the "Inventory" block, where you can see all your gear (backpack, shoes, weapons, etc.) which is on your body. but there is too little space. If you are fully geared, there are not enough slots for everthing which COULD be dressed/carried.

- I love the herds of animals. Today I saw some cows (yes before this patch, cows were spawning in "herds") and I watched them some mintues. I shot between them, to see how they react. They run away and were frozen after 30m for some seconds.

Lead dev said awhile back that you shouldn't be using the newui at the moment until it's fixed or resolved or something. Someone posted about it.

• Like 1

At which times do the servers restart? UK 0-9 just restarted which is my fault I think. I put a cooking cannister which was hot in my inventory and suddenly saw "I'm burning" "My face is melting" and couldn't do nothing. It only said receiving and then it restarted after a while.

Edit: not my fault I guess, my meat is still in there and the canister is 100 %.

Edited by IMT

I found this pig in a green house in Msta.

It seems the pigs are very smart. It tired to hide itself from you - I'm excited for the future :D

Lead dev said awhile back that you shouldn't be using the newui at the moment until it's fixed or resolved or something. Someone posted about it.

Yes, I should, but the one real disadvantage is the ladder thing.

That's not so bad for me, I will continuing use it. I'm just writing my experiences :)

btw has someone found netting, I'm always searching for them - everywhere - but no luck?! thx

Hello guys! 

quite new to experimental...and im curious if server restart always takes this long? 

are they worth sitting around waiting for? or should i plan something else for the day? :D

Server restarts in general take about 3 minutes. Before the 3 minutes, I will get the waiting for host and sometimes seem to get stuck there, so I will have to leave and try to get back on the server again. Lately I just wait till it says "The server is about to kick you off" then I log out and wait 3 mins. Also, there are extended down times.

Edited by Excanto

Friend found a few netting today.

at the coast/boats? Or in buildings?

At which times do the servers restart?

As far as I can tell 0500 and 1700 PST (GMT-8)

at the coast/boats? Or in buildings?

SE coast is what he's saying. By skalisty island or whatever on the boats, sorta like a loot explosion boat.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

SE coast is what he's saying. By skalisty island or whatever on the boats, sorta like a loot explosion boat.

Haven't been there in a few days but that's where I found my last ones after they got rid of the boat loot bombs every 100m. Boat loot was acting like the invisible cop car loot and may be intended to be a dynamic event moving around on reset though.

From a can spaghetti you get: 300 kcal energy and 324 ml water.

From a can of soda you get: 142 kcal energy and 330 ml water.

But are you absolutely sure it is bugged?

By the way, interesting fact: there is cannabis/ganja in the game files.

class Fruit_Cannabis: FruitBasedisplayName = "Ganja";descriptionShort = "Ganja";

Ok so I will sell Pumpkin Slices, Pumpkin Seeds and Cannabis Brownies and Cannabis Seeds.

So the throwing stuff off the hunting stands works. Stuff respawns after a while. I must've thrown 10 damaged pu scopes off hunting stands today only for more of the bastards to reappear. Pristine/worn hunting scopes aplenty though.

Has anyone found a pristine/worn pu today? Where? My theory is that they spawn ok but degrade super quickly so unless you get to them quick they'll be damaged most of the time.

• Like 1

So the throwing stuff off the hunting stands works. Stuff respawns after a while. I must've thrown 10 damaged pu scopes off hunting stands today only for more of the bastards to reappear. Pristine/worn hunting scopes aplenty though.

Has anyone found a pristine/worn pu today? Where? My theory is that they spawn ok but degrade super quickly so unless you get to them quick they'll be damaged most of the time.

Will try that, looming fo a pu myself ATM.