kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

News to report... All 5 of my barrels have disappeared along with anything that was on the ground, including an AKM and a shotgun.

2 things happened that may have prompted this

1. I died.

2. I was away from my "base" for several restarts.

I do not think me dying caused it, because my friend Hoff has also interacted with the barrels and even placed 1-2 of them.. So you would think that it was player death which caused them to despawn, then Hoffs would still be remaining.. But nope, all gone.

Earlier, my character had been alive for over a week.. I had run from the NW portion of the map all the way down the coast, then all the way along the coast from Kamenka to the opposite side.. Then I cut inland and ran west.. I found a glow plug and 7 netting.. I was stock full of gear and ready to return to base and sort things out.. Unfortunately I decided to visit the north most hidden military base, and I found a note in the large barracks that said "I am going to kill you."..

I thought "ha. Cute.." Then I went to get out of there, just in case.. Of course, on my way out, I got shot by a Mosin.. I ran and hid in a tree, and I waited for my attacker. I spotted him, and he didn't spot me.. I moved around the back side of a building, and he came around the corner shortly after. I plugged him with 1-2 shots from a Magnum, and he returned fire with his mosin, missing his first shot, and unfortunately, hitting me and killing me with his second.

Whoever it was - Wish you would have tried talking to me seeing as I didn't have my gun out originally.. but good fight none the less. Enjoy the Glowplug and the netting, as well as my 2 PU scopes. Unless you were a bad shot and hit me in the backpack, in which case.. enjoy the ruined gear? :)

I believe they do.  I am almost certain they did on the prior .58 build.  I.e.,you take the Msta truck and wreck in Staroye, when the server restarts, the new truck is in Msta.  The 2 that are currently wrecked on SC02 (and have been for over 2 days and several restarts) came from Vybor and the upper Vavilovo spawn - and I have yet to see another truck in either of those spots.  Just surmising from what I've seen, and can't know for sure, but it seems that way.

Those trucks are not wrecked, just rolled. If you actually destroy you'll know it, no matter what colour they were they change to a rusty burnt out looking colour and despawn very quickly. Junior and I destroyed a 3rd one we found at NWAF one time with a fire and spraypaint can when you could do that. Short of a landmine maybe you cannot currently destroy them any way I'm aware of. I shot the shit out of one before I could find a plug and although it slid down the hill like a dead body when I shot out all the tires after a reset it was in the spot it slid to with new tires glass and gastank.

Those trucks are not wrecked, just rolled. If you actually destroy you'll know it, no matter what colour they were they change to a rusty burnt out looking colour and despawn very quickly. Junior and I destroyed a 3rd one we found at NWAF one time with a fire and spraypaint can when you could do that. Short of a landmine maybe you cannot currently destroy them any way I'm aware of. I shot the shit out of one before I could find a plug and although it slid down the hill like a dead body when I shot out all the tires after a reset it was in the spot it slid to with new tires glass and gastank.

All the previous trucks I flipped despawned, but these are still their normal grey.  I may get in my blue truck (damn things an eyesore from a km away it seems), start it up, get the battery and plug out, hop in without closing the door, floor it at one of those trucks and jump out at the last moment.  Just in the name of science.  :D  

All the previous trucks I flipped despawned, but these are still their normal grey.  I may get in my blue truck (damn things an eyesore from a km away it seems), start it up, get the battery and plug out, hop in without closing the door, floor it at one of those trucks and jump out at the last moment.  Just in the name of science.   :D

You probably don't need to do that... You may be able to bump the flipped truck(s) over if you hit them right, and hit them slowly.

...Or you may launch yourself into the stratosphere. 

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

You probably don't need to do that... You may be able to bump the flipped truck(s) over if you hit them right, and hit them slowly.

...Or you may launch yourself into the stratosphere. 

That's kinda why I haven't done it yet.  I have 2 tents; 3 barrels; 3 trucks; 3 AKMs with drums and Kashtans; an AK74; AKS-74U, MP5; RAK; AUG; Magnum; Mosin; CR75; Blaze; Sporter (with scopes and many mags for almost all of them); multiple backpacks stuffed with Hi-cap vests, boots, and combat knives; campfire with pot and tripod (I don't even use it, just think it looks cool); gardening supplies; food and water for a 1/2 dozen; but . . . only a single glowplug and battery.  Don't want to do anything to lose those.  Spent most of the day looking for replacements so I could do some demo derby, but no luck.

Edited by Thurman Merman

Just hit up the Servero mine truck site and it wasn't there.

Have your other stashed trucks disappeared? If not, I suspect someone else has hoarded the truck at severo mines. 

Here is a reddit article that talks about the static spawns (assuming they are still static).

Have your other stashed trucks disappeared? If not, I suspect someone else has hoarded the truck at severo mines.

Here is a reddit article that talks about the static spawns (assuming they are still static).

Dunno, had to go spend time in IRL land with my wife before she divorces me. Told everyone where they are a few posts back if someone wants to check though. Would love to know.

Ok persistence seems to be reset each night as I lost a barrel which was empty so no worries.  I wish the devs would say this was going to happen so I don't wast my time making a camp.  And Vybor is pretty much a loot free town on US central 02. This leads me to believe there is to little loot to go round.  Yes people will take all the good items, but there is no junk either. I find that in other places to.  I find the lack of any thing in a large town certainly a bit immersion breaking that is all.

I tried throwing some things out of a hunting stand and it stuck in mid air - in the stand. Maybe I gotta work on my technique or build up my arm. :)

This may be old news but when did they take out the cave on the mountain between Cherno and Elektro? I went up there as far and wide as I could go and couldn't find it, only to get stuck on a rock coming back down vaulting to my death.

I've yet to come across a boar since 2 patches ago. I zigzag the map like I'm on a mission  to no avail. I see plenty of deer and cows though.  

I'm finding more beans than any other food, maybe any other loot item aside from boonie hats and books.

I was observing the deer. There are some realistic behaviors from my own whitetail observation experience that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented (which may not be in the scope of a game). For one, when deer go enter an open field, a doe will usually go first, not the buck. Also, when a deer sees you and stares you down, sometimes it'll stomp it's leg to see if you move/react.  This may be advanced AI and beyond the scope of this early stage of alpha. There are other priorities for the game at present. 

I wish more players would play 1P servers. The heavy breathing didn't bother me as much last night as I thought even though it's louder in 1P. I logged onto the most populated 1P server last night with on 6 others. By the time I was done I was all alone on the server. I saw a few pop in and out but I'm not sure if they were server hopping military bases or what. 

Hopefully I can get on later and try to break more stuff. If anyone needs a running buddy, test dummy, etc. let me know.

I miss those adorable zombies too. 

Delete items is actually pretty easy lately. Move stuff near the edge of the deer stand and climb on the ladder and look at things and say Take. Poof they vanish as long as you have no room in inventory for them. The cave was awhile ago. I saw a boar this morning, just south of NW Airfield. I left him because I didn't need anything from him. I'm finding an even selection of canned goods. The breathing is creepy :-)

Yeah, I accidentally deleted a hunting scope that was on my blaze when I changed it for a winchester. Poof, the blaze and scope disappeared.

I set up a bear trap and sprained my leg when I backed away from it. A splint fixed it and my pants and boots were still pristine. Even after the splint, my character kept groaning, even said "Ahh, this $#@%ing hurts." I've never heard a character say that before. 

I found a backpack with some ammo, a stick, and other gear in it. Not sure if someone just abandoned it due to lack of space or they're a helper. I left some shotgun ammo in it as well. I had to make up for the magnum with 1 bullet I left next to a note saying "Go ahead, do it and get it over with" :D

• Like 1

I noticed the truck spawns are fixed, is there a list somewhere of which spawns are active?

On my server I have the ones from Msta and Karmanovka, gonna go scoop the Severograd one today if it's there. I haven't found a cargo yet though.  

Try Lopatino, spawns next to some fenced in utility sheds (not far from where the police car spawns behind the piano house there), the town north of Lopatino (it usually spawns 2 cargo trucks, 1x the piano house and 1x up the hill from there in a clump of houses) and the Bus Barn by that train station between those two locations.  I always find cargo trucks there.

Ok persistence seems to be reset each night as I lost a barrel which was empty so no worries. I wish the devs would say this was going to happen so I don't wast my time making a camp. And Vybor is pretty much a loot free town on US central 02. This leads me to believe there is to little loot to go round. Yes people will take all the good items, but there is no junk either. I find that in other places to. I find the lack of any thing in a large town certainly a bit immersion breaking that is all.

Saw a post or status update from one of the devs awhile back about the cle saying if you don't find anything in a town try one town over. I think it's how they're gonna force us to use the whole map instead of cicle jerking in elktro.

• Like 1

Yeah, I accidentally deleted a hunting scope that was on my blaze when I changed it for a winchester. Poof, the blaze and scope disappeared.

I set up a bear trap and sprained my leg when I backed away from it. A splint fixed it and my pants and boots were still pristine. Even after the splint, my character kept groaning, even said "Ahh, this $#@%ing hurts." I've never heard a character say that before. 

I found a backpack with some ammo, a stick, and other gear in it. Not sure if someone just abandoned it due to lack of space or they're a helper. I left some shotgun ammo in it as well. I had to make up for the magnum with 1 bullet I left next to a note saying "Go ahead, do it and get it over with" :D

Same issue with my character, even splinted again, might go away with a morphine injection, if I ever find one.  Watch out setting up mines or bear traps that are NOT pristine.  Mines are the absolute worst since even a worn mine has a chance of blowing up and killing you after the 3 second activation period.

Edited by Barnabus

Try Lopatino, spawns next to some fenced in utility sheds (not far from where the police car spawns behind the piano house there), the town north of Lopatino (it usually spawns 2 cargo trucks, 1x the piano house and 1x up the hill from there in a clump of houses) and the Bus Barn by that train station between those two locations. I always find cargo trucks there.

Good to know, I bambied myself with my only glow plug today so after my getaway with the Mrs I'll be looking for one of those first.

• Like 1

Ok persistence seems to be reset each night as I lost a barrel which was empty so no worries.  I wish the devs would say this was going to happen so I don't wast my time making a camp.  And Vybor is pretty much a loot free town on US central 02. This leads me to believe there is to little loot to go round.  Yes people will take all the good items, but there is no junk either. I find that in other places to.  I find the lack of any thing in a large town certainly a bit immersion breaking that is all.

Sorry, cannot confirm, my barrel and everything in it are still where I left it 2x days ago, along with a waterproof bag, a shot gun and a carbine

Edited by Barnabus

My tent has been fine the entire patch. The only bug of note I've had is I had an ak-74u in my hands and tried to drag a buttstock onto it and the gun disappeared leaving me with unarmed except for a buttstock.

Will there be a character reset and wipe when 0.58 hits stable? I didnt find a prouf.

I think they mentioned this in a status report...

Can't find my tent! Probably because it's dark.

Also yesterday I made a torch just with a stick and rags and it worked fine but just now carrying an unlit torch I went to hide in a tree and got the "add resin" option. Is resin supposed to be required or is it just an optional extra?

Edited by freethink

Also yesterday I made a torch just with a stick and rags and it worked fine but just now carrying an unlit torch I went to hide in a tree and got the "add resin" option. Is resin supposed to be required or is it just an optional extra?

its an extra, your torch will last longer

• Like 1

i am also pretty amazed by .58, love the animal herds. I found some doe herd yesterday, 3 animals between novy and stary at a water bank. Shot one, the other 2 ran away and i stalked them through the woods. Great stuff.

Loot distribution seems to work really well compared to previous versions, haven't found a loot explosion once. But the balance is off, canned food is too abundant. In nearly every house is just too much. You can survive with canned food alone, hope they tone it down.

Also, hopefully greater numbers of infected will return soon. 

This will be the "first" stable patch where we will see some damn fine tent camps etc. I found a few camps up north, full of gear. It shifts the conflict potential also into more exciting forms....away from military compounds, to player/clan tent camps. Scout for camps, prepare raid etc. I love it. Persistence could also fuel some trading events like "Bartertown" on the Oldschool Server, for example.

Imagine persistence with scarcity of canned food and ammo. This could lead to some trade scenarios, like the "survivalist" trades his leather and food for some ammo with the "scavenger".

I know, most of the player base is not interested in interactions like this, but you can dream right ;)

• Like 1

It's optional ... at least it used to be.

• Like 1

So... Don't drive in Debug.

• Like 2

Yep my tent has definitely disappeared.

Thing is I haven't been able to take down a tent even when it's empty - I'd only get the option to open or close so that rules out someone stealing it. Has anyone else been able to unpitch a tent?

Also the trip wire and bear trap I had around it are also gone.

Yep my tent has definitely disappeared.

Thing is I haven't been able to take down a tent even when it's empty - I'd only get the option to open or close so that rules out someone stealing it. Has anyone else been able to unpitch a tent?

Also the trip wire and bear trap I had around it are also gone.

You have to be inside of the tent to pack it.

Also - I think there are semi-frequent "area" wipes.. like if an area becomes completely empty, maybe? It despawns and respawns all gear/loot? I dunno.. haven't figured it out but something is definitely up.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

You have to be inside of the tent to pack it.

Also - I think there are semi-frequent "area" wipes.. like if an area becomes completely empty, maybe? It despawns and respawns all gear/loot? I dunno.. haven't figured it out but something is definitely up.

Oh cheers. So there is a chance it was stolen. I'm fine with that if so. In fact, hopefully it was as I'd prefer that than persistence being bugged.