kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Ok this is of vital importance you guys. If you put something hot in your inventory you will be burning and your face will melt.

This will result in very rapid blood and health loss and death will be within 10 seconds. So keep this in mind!

• Like 5

Was just on SC02 as the server restarted.  My camp was untouched.  Both of my trucks "moved" slightly (reset w full fuel it would seem).  BUT . . . I decided to run out to Myshinko base.  I see the 2 wrecked trucks at 018 075 are still there.  Still on their sides. They're not despawning.  It's been almost 30 hours.  Odd. 

So, just went by there again.  It's been almost 48 hours, my earlier estimate was pre-coffee.  Not only are the overturned trucks still there, but they spawned new tires (I had taken some off yesterday morning to go on my truck).  I wonder if I could get a truck and tip them upright and have them work.  Has anyone ever tipped an overturned truck back onto it's wheels?

The picture you posted shows a real group hierarchy with the alpha in front/middle.

I guess I'm just curious how sophisticated the animal AI is at this point.

Of course, finding them near water or in that alpha formation that you noticed, that could be either intentional or coincidental.

I also don't know what happens when they flee because I couldn't find the herd anymore after that.

I've chased a few deer herds to see how they behave.  Obviously, they scatter based on your approach direction and that seems realistic, then I pick one and try to keep up with it.

They definitely have a sensory radius and they'll relax if you back off.  One day I'll have a rangefinder on me to see at what distance they notice, turn their head and at what point they run.  This herd above didn't move at all so I couldn't test anything  - but previously I'd track one approximately 500-750 meters and then it would freeze up.   Then I'd go back to look for the rest of the herd and the ones I could find were also frozen - at a similar distance.   In the frozen state they will take both melee and gun damage (you see the bleeding).  In all except one case they disappear upon death.  The exception was one deer which I'd chased, had become frozen and I skinned it while it was still standing, at which point it disappeared.  edit:  I don't know if it makes a difference but this deer was dead and standing on a pretty steep hill/incline.  All of the contents (pelt, guts, bones and steaks) were present.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

Well I have found a few glow plugs over the past 36 hours.  But truck batteries, not a single one, nadda, none, zilch, ZERO.  Update!!! 5 minutes after posting... of course, guess what I found.

liFB2aB.jpg

But I did find this handy dandy gas-powered shaver.

Xognt9y.png

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

Will there be a character reset and wipe when 0.58 hits stable? I didnt find a prouf.

Your gear from experimental will not transfer to stable. Everything will be wiped on both stable and exp when new builds are implemented ... that's my guess.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Ok this is of vital importance you guys. If you put something hot in your inventory you will be burning and your face will melt.

This will result in very rapid blood and health loss and death will be within 10 seconds. So keep this in mind!

Good to know!  I remember a patches back when there was a lot of rain on stable and I was constantly soaked and cold, I kept a gas stove with the cookpot attached in my inventory.  I'd fire it up, not to cook anything buut to put it back in my inventory for the heating effect.

Edited by GaryWalnuts

Good to know!  I remember a patches back when there was a lot of rain on stable and I was constantly soaked and cold, I kept a gas stove with the cookpot attached in my inventory.  I'd fire it up, not to cook anything buut to put it back in my inventory for the heating effect.

Well, wouldn't do that anymore if I were you. Have been healing for about 2 hours now and still not healthy. Edited by IMT

I just had a similar experience with a 1911. I decided to have a snack and forgot that I had my pistol in my hand. After I finished eating, my pistol was nowhere to be found. I have since found several P1s, but I can't seem to find another 1911.  > :(

One of the first things I found around Dolina. I just found a damaged silencer for it. If you find me, you can have mine. I only picked it up because I didn't have any weapon. But now that I have an sks and a crap load of ammo, I'll dump the pistol and pick up some netting )

Edited by Excanto

I'll admit, I have a hard time understanding your post. What stable update in 8 months?

Can I imagine another company operating how? Allowing people access to development builds, as well as an opt in unstable branch? I suppose there are some others.

I'm not sure where the billions of dollars are coming from, we're not Microsoft.

I'd ask if you want to continue participating in the forums here, that you conduct yourself in a more respectful and adult manner.

I didn't understand it the first time either but when I looked back I realised it was a joke* post not having a go at you but at the complainers that exaggerate everything e.g. 15 years they've been working on this and we don't even have bikes yet. - etc. That's where billions and 8 months came from. Exaggeration for supposed comedic effect.

*Not the best (delivered) joke tbf.

Are were you joking too - I'm more confused now than when I started the post. It's like Bad Joke Inception.

Edited by freethink

-snip-

You have nothing to apologize for Bill. :) I'm sorry if I came off like yet another person complaining about the devs. Thanks for reminding me of the things I already knew but forgot to keep in mind due to my current disappointment. I mean it. I guess it can be hard to keep the faith sometimes. Patience is one of my weaker traits. I need to work on that. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 4

Found a battery and glow plug, now I need a truck. :D

OK, so if your face melts and you live to tell the tale, does your face heal, after you get healthy ... or can you ever get healthy again?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm finally healthy again. I think I healed for 2 to 3 hours now.

Guess I was almost dead.

I didn't understand it the first time either but when I looked back I realised it was a joke* post not having a go at you but at the complainers that exaggerate everything e.g. 15 years they've been working on this and we don't even have bikes yet. - etc. That's where billions and 8 months came from. Exaggeration for supposed comedic effect.

*Not the best (delivered) joke tbf.

I don't think it was a joke. If it was a joke I would have noticed the sarcasm but I can't notice any here. For me it's just trolling and flaming. Edited by IMT

I don't think it was a joke. If it was a joke I would have noticed the sarcasm but I can't notice any here. For me it's just trolling and flaming.

Yeah maybe. Should've ended the post with "Thanks Obama" then it would've made sense.

• Like 1

Well, wouldn't do that anymore if I were you. Have been healing for about 2 hours now and still not healthy.

Yeah I won't attempt that one.  Excellent research btw, For Science!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So, just went by there again.  It's been almost 48 hours, my earlier estimate was pre-coffee.  Not only are the overturned trucks still there, but they spawned new tires (I had taken some off yesterday morning to go on my truck).  I wonder if I could get a truck and tip them upright and have them work.  Has anyone ever tipped an overturned truck back onto it's wheels?

Yes, I've rammed a tipped over truck with another good truck to get it back on its wheels.  So it's possible!  I aimed for the roof of the cabin, and was probably going about 20KM/h when I hit.

Do trucks respawn or something? Got everything except the truck.

Will there be a character reset and wipe when 0.58 hits stable? I didnt find a prouf.

Your gear from experimental will not transfer to stable. Everything will be wiped on both stable and exp when new builds are implemented ... that's my guess.

Correct. Stable and Experimental are totally separate. There are four public hives: Stable 1PP, Stable 3PP, Experimental 1PP, and Experimental 3PP.

You have nothing to apologize for Bill. :) I'm sorry if I came off like yet another person complaining about the devs. Thanks for reminding me of the things I already knew but forgot to keep in mind due to my current disappointment. I mean it. I guess it can be hard to keep the faith sometimes. Patience is one of my weaker traits. I need to work on that. 

Patience is probably my worst trait, too. Playing a game-in-development is helping me work on that ;)

So the throwing stuff off the hunting stands works. Stuff respawns after a while. I must've thrown 10 damaged pu scopes off hunting stands today only for more of the bastards to reappear. Pristine/worn hunting scopes aplenty though.

Has anyone found a pristine/worn pu today? Where? My theory is that they spawn ok but degrade super quickly so unless you get to them quick they'll be damaged most of the time.

I tried throwing some things out of a hunting stand and it stuck in mid air - in the stand. Maybe I gotta work on my technique or build up my arm. :)

This may be old news but when did they take out the cave on the mountain between Cherno and Elektro? I went up there as far and wide as I could go and couldn't find it, only to get stuck on a rock coming back down vaulting to my death.

I've yet to come across a boar since 2 patches ago. I zigzag the map like I'm on a mission  to no avail. I see plenty of deer and cows though.  

I'm finding more beans than any other food, maybe any other loot item aside from boonie hats and books.

I was observing the deer. There are some realistic behaviors from my own whitetail observation experience that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented (which may not be in the scope of a game). For one, when deer go enter an open field, a doe will usually go first, not the buck. Also, when a deer sees you and stares you down, sometimes it'll stomp it's leg to see if you move/react.  This may be advanced AI and beyond the scope of this early stage of alpha. There are other priorities for the game at present. 

I wish more players would play 1P servers. The heavy breathing didn't bother me as much last night as I thought even though it's louder in 1P. I logged onto the most populated 1P server last night with on 6 others. By the time I was done I was all alone on the server. I saw a few pop in and out but I'm not sure if they were server hopping military bases or what. 

Hopefully I can get on later and try to break more stuff. If anyone needs a running buddy, test dummy, etc. let me know.

I miss those adorable zombies too. 

So today I played some hours. I chopped a tree, dropped my axe on the ground to carry a long wooden stick on my back. Then I had a bug, where I couldn't use the hands.
So I logged off and on again (max 2min!). All the wood and the axe was gone, the tree which I chooped, was reconstituted.
There were max 5 players on the server at that time and I'm sure, that nobody was on the spot with me.
I think the item clean up is not only bound at the lifetime (atm), it's also notice and react when a player is in the area or not.
Maybe someone had a similar experience?

I tried throwing some things out of a hunting stand and it stuck in mid air - in the stand. Maybe I gotta work on my technique or build up my arm. :)

This may be old news but when did they take out the cave on the mountain between Cherno and Elektro? I went up there as far and wide as I could go and couldn't find it, only to get stuck on a rock coming back down vaulting to my death.

I've yet to come across a boar since 2 patches ago. I zigzag the map like I'm on a mission  to no avail. I see plenty of deer and cows though.  

I'm finding more beans than any other food, maybe any other loot item aside from boonie hats and books.

I was observing the deer. There are some realistic behaviors from my own whitetail observation experience that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented (which may not be in the scope of a game). For one, when deer go enter an open field, a doe will usually go first, not the buck. Also, when a deer sees you and stares you down, sometimes it'll stomp it's leg to see if you move/react.  This may be advanced AI and beyond the scope of this early stage of alpha. There are other priorities for the game at present. 

I wish more players would play 1P servers. The heavy breathing didn't bother me as much last night as I thought even though it's louder in 1P. I logged onto the most populated 1P server last night with on 6 others. By the time I was done I was all alone on the server. I saw a few pop in and out but I'm not sure if they were server hopping military bases or what. 

Hopefully I can get on later and try to break more stuff. If anyone needs a running buddy, test dummy, etc. let me know.

There are boars. They're just far more rare than they used to be.. I've found one of them on the western country-side of NWAF, going towards Lopatino.. Around where that heli-crash spawns, there's often a boar in the fields there.

I haven't tried throwing items, only weapons. At NWAF, when you throw them off the stands, they just fall through the ground never to been again.

We spotted a boar last night actually. They seem to be pretty elusive and we also spotted a fox but didn't get a chance to kill either of them.

I could see myself playing first person. I'm starting to get used to switching to it when I'm entering houses etc.

So today I played some hours. I chopped a tree, dropped my axe on the ground to carry a long wooden stick on my back. Then I had a bug, where I couldn't use the hands.

So I logged off and on again (max 2min!). All the wood and the axe was gone, the tree which I chooped, was reconstituted.

There were max 5 players on the server at that time and I'm sure, that nobody was on the spot with me.

I think the item clean up is not only bound at the lifetime (atm), it's also notice and react when a player is in the area or not.

Maybe someone had a similar experience?

I've always had an issue with the long stick ending up on my back and the axe in my hands. It's never actually dropped to the ground I don't think. I had another instance of the issue with having something in my hands but not allowing me to use it. It'll say something like "my hands are already using something" or something along those lines. I was trying to give a friend an IV but it wouldn't let me until I relogged.

I've had a few things get stuck but generally I you head to the side opposite the ladder then go into first as you are looking out generally you can throw stuff out.

When an experimental build is pushed to stable, the experimental servers are usually shut down for a week, to two weeks. Afterwards, a new experimental build will become available, with a significant version increase (i.e. 0.58.xxxxxx will increase to 0.59.xxxxxx).

And yes, everything gets wiped, characters, loot, persistence, everything.

Edited by BleedoutBill

One of the first things I found around Dolina. I just found a damaged silencer for it. If you find me, you can have mine. I only picked it up because I didn't have any weapon. But now that I have an sks and a crap load of ammo, I'll dump the pistol and pick up some netting )

That's very generous of you, thanks for the offer.

Generally, I'm knee deep in 1911s, but since I have three magazines ...

So I lost my glow plug and battery but not sure how. All the trucks on different servers had 0 fuel or does this change when you start the engine? Wanted to check that out but then noticed my battery and plug were gone.

But the loot gods rewarded me for losing my plug and battery. I found a military tent and a regular tent. Both took them and pitched them in the area of my barrel and courier bag.

Edited by IMT