kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

:lol: Ahw you tried to trick us, didn't work for me though. It's just a glow stick in that green shack. :lol:I like the idea though. I always wondered why there were no street lights on in Chernarus. Unless there is no power running through the powerlines all over Chernarus.

No trick on my part and agree it had to have been a chemlight. When I came across it I thought someone had a fire. Looked everywhere for the source...even tried shooting out the street light as we do in Arma. I was making way too much noise shooting on a full server to stick around long so may have overlooked something. I don't think we will see street lights in Dayz...who would run the power plants in a Dayz scenario?

Edited by ZAP44

Wait, what?

At a boat or was that a player discard maybe?

I would trade a truck battery or a hundred rounds of 7.62X39mm for one, or both.

*edit* 1pp plox.

No, sorry. I spawned on the East side of town and I found the SMERSH pack in the fourth, or fifth house that I looted.

No trick on my part and agree it had to have been a chemlight. When I came across it I thought someone had a fire. Looked everywhere for the source...even tried shooting out the street light as we do in Arma. I was making way too much noise shooting on a full server to stick around long so may have overlooked something. I don't think we will see street lights in Dayz...who would run the power plants in a Dayz scenario?

I don't know how it works in your country but here the streetlights are automatic. But as I already said, there might be no power running through the powerlines. Then it would make sense the streetlights aren't working. :)

That's exactly what it is and exactly why I'm annoyed. They seem to be prioritizing PVP in that they want to artificially inflate player counts by utilizing the server resources that were previously tied up with running the infected. I just need to be patient I guess. 0.55 spoiled me.o that end we have had higher 

The devs have always wanted a higher player density (I seem to remember that 75-100 players was a early goal) and to that end we have had high pop servers in the past. Honestly, I don't think that anything nefarious is going on. If they have to temporarily remove zeds anyway, why pass up the golden opportunity to crank up the player numbers to see how the servers handle the load? It would be a missed opportunity, otherwise and, after all, this is the experimental branch!

• Like 3

I might be wrong, I think street lights were working on first update, on release. I think I have screenshot somewhere on my home PC. Can any SA veteran confirm this?

• Like 1

My guess is that they are trying to make it overload. That way they can gather certain data and monitor performance better. It isn't the first time they raised the cap and put it back the build after.

Exactly.

Stress it >>> make it crash and burn >>> analyse the failure >>> make it better, stronger and faster.

• Like 4

The devs have always wanted a higher player density (I seem to remember that 75-100 players was a early goal) and to that end we have had high pop servers in the past. Honestly, I don't think that anything nefarious is going on. If they have to temporarily remove zeds anyway, why pass up the golden opportunity to crank up the player numbers to see how the servers handle the load? It would be a missed opportunity, otherwise and, after all, this is the experimental branch!

It's all intentional brother. No infected and loads of animals, no infected and loads of players, etc. They are pushing each aspect over the top to monitor the performance and data. With this data they will tweak each aspect so that they can enhance performance. I expect a build with a lot of infected and maybe even reduced player size.
  • Like 1

Exactly.

Stress it >>> make it crash and burn >>> analyse the failure >>> make it better, stronger and faster.

Exactly, that's how everything gets tested and tweaked. Software, hardware, cars, airplanes, you name it.

We might even see a lot of players, infected and animals with great performance in 0.59, who knows. Let's hope for the best.

Edited by IMT

I just climbed down a ladder when the message came up saying server restarting, you will be kicked. Fingers crossed!

I might be wrong, I think street lights were working on first update, on release. I think I have screenshot somewhere on my home PC. Can any SA veteran confirm this?

Wasn't the release map in SA a port of ArmA2 Chenarus? Just bought ArmA2 a few months ago but got OA with it and only really played Takistan so didn't notice the streetlights in Chenarus. The last time I was there at night the lights at the end of NWAF's runways light up at night though. In Chenarus+ I've seen a coal power plant and some dams that don't really look like hydro-electric ones, I don't think a coal power-plant would keep going through one shift unmanned.   

• Like 3

Wasn't the release map in SA a port of ArmA2 Chenarus? Just bought ArmA2 a few months ago but got OA with it and only really played Takistan so didn't notice the streetlights in Chenarus. The last time I was there at night the lights at the end of NWAF's runways light up at night though. In Chenarus+ I've seen a coal power plant and some dams that don't really look like hydro-electric ones, I don't think a coal power-plant would keep going through one shift unmanned.

Then what are we waiting for? All grab a pickaxe and mine some coal! ;)

Edit: now that I think about it, how awesome would that be? The ability to get a power plant running with a group and make use of the electricity. Only temporary of course.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

The Test 5 is back up...60 player slots.

It's all intentional brother. No infected and loads of animals, no infected and loads of players, etc. They are pushing each aspect over the top to monitor the performance and data. With this data they will tweak each aspect so that they can enhance performance. I expect a build with a lot of infected and maybe even reduced player size.

Agreed.

Additionally, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the zeds have been removed, because the devs have other priorities. Quite the contrary. I believe that the zeds have been removed because they are being actively worked on. The devs have obviously changed something, whether it be the zed AI, their character controller, or something else and it's not yet working well enough that it can be tested on experimental. I'm sure that they will be back soon and when they are, we'll see the same stress testing with them, in terms of their numbers, aggressiveness and resistance to damage. There are still MANY things that have not yet been balanced. 

Then what are we waiting for? All grab a pickaxe and mine some coal! ;)

Edit: now that I think about it, how awesome would that be? The ability to get a power plant running with a group and make use of the electricity. Only temporary of course.

IIRC, one of the devs indicated that portable generators will eventually be in the game.

• Like 3

IIRC, one of the devs indicated that portable generators will eventually be in the game.

Damn, that's awesome!

Hello guys! 

quite new to experimental...and im curious if server restart always takes this long? 

are they worth sitting around waiting for? or should i plan something else for the day? :D

• Like 1

Hello guys!

quite new to experimental...and im curious if server restart always takes this long?

are they worth sitting around waiting for? or should i plan something else for the day? :D

Welcome to experimental buddy. Are all the servers offline or only yours? Are you in-game by the way because yesterday on a server I kept getting receiving and could do everything but nothing registered. If so, try reconnecting to the server or pick another one.

Welcome to experimental buddy. Are all the servers offline or only yours? Are you in-game by the way because yesterday on a server I kept getting receiving and could do everything but nothing registered. If so, try reconnecting to the server or pick another one.

Hey and thanks! 

No i cant see any experimental servers in the list after i was kicked for the restart. 

I can only find .57 servers

Can you find any .58 servers? 

Edited by SounDoG

Hey and thanks!

No i cant see any experimental servers in the list after i was kicked for the restart.

Can you find any servers?

I'm currently working so can't check. I guess they are changing something, perhaps another update. You could check Brian Hicks or Eugen Harton their Twitter, perhaps there is some information on there.
  • Like 2

Hey and thanks! 

Can you find any servers? 

Exp servers are all down at the moment. As for how long that will last...no idea.

• Like 1

Servers are back up, no character wipe.

• Like 1

I can confirm this.

• Like 2

At least this could mean that TTSKO stuff will spawn on other locations again. What about camo houses? Still no loot there?

It does I found some TTSKO pants in the Vybor military base in the barracks, I also found some of the gorka pants in a police station.  So it appears that clothing is now correctly spawning in other locations.  Speaking of Vybor military base, I noticed and insane amount of saline bags (one barracks had like 7 bags), so I guess they are the new "hospital" if you are shopping for saline.

I noticed thing starting to get a bit more hostile out there lately.  Last night I was engaged on three different occasions (lived thru them all) and finally I went berserker in Zele when some guy I was offering food to decided to pull a .9mm and try to kill me.  He found his single loading (no mag) was inferior to be sawed off shotgun, after that I basically went thru the town looking for more people to take my anger out upon.  So if you were on one of the SE 3pp servers in Zele last night and died to a crazy man stalking around with a shot gun, sorry ;)   I tend to be a lot more friendly upon EXP than stable but I had enough last night and the guy ruined a vest I had just found!

Edited by Briljin
  • Like 2

I'll soon run north - I've been in Cherno for the last days, but not a lot of action though.

I've some morphins - I just need to gather some food before I journey north. 

Edited by Ori42