Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

2015_07_23_00005.jpg

Night at Cherno.  ^_^

2015_07_23_00006.jpg

It start to get morning.  ^_^

love my picts, bumb.  :blush:

It was a hard fought battle that morning.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

The mace was introduced way back, when the sword was. They both look pretty impressive, but the ax(s), sledge and pick ax are still superior, IMHO.

< Texas native here as well.

I actually picked up the sword as well to see what it looked like and unfortunately lost my garden hoe in the process heh. The sword fortunately fits in a barrel but takes up like 2x10 or something silly.

Like I mentioned, that was the first time I've been there. It was such a weird pile of stuff I found. It was 2 or 3 maces alongside a box of cereal, trumpet, and a box of nails I think lol.

It does make sense.  The glow plug on a diesel isn't needed once the engine is running.  But, it's still odd.

Yes and no.

The glow plug is needed to get a cold engine to start. After that, it's just along for the ride. But, if you remove it, that leaves a big hole in the cylinder head. The engine wouldn't run, because it couldn't build any compression, due to the big hole/leak. 

• Like 1

OK, pretty sure I just heard thunder.

guess they work way different than a gas engine. alternator juice is a figure of speech lol

btw is that you in your avatar?

Sorry if that was rude was trying to be funny.

Yes that is my beautiful mug, Christmas family gunparty 2013. Some of the most fun I've had on facebook trolling the commenters after my wife put up pics of the kids shooting a .22 SCAR-L clone.

• Like 2

guess they work way different than a gas engine. alternator juice is a figure of speech lol

btw is that you in your avatar?

Correct. A gasoline engine needs electricity to power the ignition system at the very least, unless it is fitted with a magneto. Nobody runs magnetos any more, except for aircraft engines, top fuel dragsters and some industrial applications.

A Diesel does not have an ignition system. It compresses the air/fuel mixture until it literally explodes from the heat and pressure. A gasoline engine ignites the air/fuel mixture and it burns in a controlled manner. A Diesel still needs electricity for the glow plug to operate and both types need electricity for the starter motor.

So, guess who's back on Experimental again. :)

I see that Barnabus is on my server, hello there.

Also saw that SepticFalcon, M1NDR and WOBO are streaming together on Experimental. :P

I saw those guys were streaming, too. Not normally one to watch streamers, but that's a combo worth watching on Experimental methinks :)

• Like 1

< Texas native here as well.

I actually picked up the sword as well to see what it looked like and unfortunately lost my garden hoe in the process heh. The sword fortunately fits in a barrel but takes up like 2x10 or something silly.

Like I mentioned, that was the first time I've been there. It was such a weird pile of stuff I found. It was 2 or 3 maces alongside a box of cereal, trumpet, and a box of nails I think lol.

Howdy!

The sword and mace typically only spawn at the various castles. Seat of the pants, I'd say that the mace was 3-4 times more common than the sword, but the mace can be hard to see, depending on its surroundings. This probably accounts for why you haven't seen one before. 

IRL we'd be probably be hunting down more than 1 glow plug, though I didn't pay attention if it's a four banger or inline six.  But yes, it's what's called a compression ignition engine.  The plug(s) are used to warm up the air vs. actually igniting the air fuel mixture like in a petrol/gas engine.   If a diesel engine is warm, no glow plug is required to restart the engine.  You could in fact pull a glow plug and start the engine assuming it was still warm, although it makes one hell of a racket.

As BC stated, I would also like to see someone pull a glow plug while the engine is running.  Watching for that last thread or two to strip out under the pressure and put that plug threw the hood, or your head, or both.  And yes, once started, a diesel will run forever until the fuel supply is exhausted.  Back in the day, I've seen them eat phone books trying to shut down a runaway diesel by attempting to close off the intake air.

I think that's a bug not a feature though, just haven't set up the plug going in a set spot like the battery. Diesels do need the glow plug to plug their hole in the head and has far as it was explained to me in my nitro RC days there's a catalytic reaction between the coil and the compressed fuel/air charge. I'll use it as a deadman switch until it's fixed either way.

taking out a plug would still let the engine run IRL, it would just run like shit cause of misfires. same with battery for a little while i guess before the alternator runs out of juice.

maybe not a bug?

Alternators aren't required to keep a diesel running and don't run out of juice unless you take the cap off an hold them upside down, lol.

If you want to try taking a glow plug out of a running diesel engine I'd happily "hold yer beer and watch that shit".

It's a bug.

http://youtu.be/tiKH48EMgKE 

Edited by Super_Duty

...I step up to his truck, hit inventory, take the plug, but can't seem to get the battery out while the trucks running.  ....

While you couldnt do that in real life, you were able to take out plug because it doesnt have its place like batery, it goes in general inventory.

I found a damaged leather sewing kit and I was surprised that it lasted long enough to patch up three items: a mountain pack, a press vest and a riders jacket. The other pleasant surprise was that it repaired each item on the first attempt. In the past, I usually had to make two, or three attempts, before my gear would change to the "worn" status.

When you repair something put another thing in it before repairing again.  Sometimes the damaged item does not show that it was repaired until you a) put something in it or b) take it off and put it back on again.  Just tried a rain coat with both the LSK and the TRK, no go with either...

Back in the day, I've seen them eat phone books trying to shut down a runaway diesel by attempting to close off the intake air.

Wow!  My only experience was with the Universal M12 on my sailboat.  Once my choke switch wasn't working; I just shut it off by holding one of my Type IVs (that doubled as back cushions) over the intake.  Then again, that engine was only a little bitty 10hp.

Edited by Thurman Merman

Prison Island is hardly worth the time and energy it takes to get out there now.  Found a pristine Kashtan, a worn plate carrier, and a pristine summer Gorka smock that I took.  Some other things like some boots in the barracks, a police jacket (that's "a" as in singular).  Only ammo I've found out there is some loose 5.45x39 and a box of 7.62x39.  No food or water in the rooms that used to have that stuff.  Not one green sweater.  Did not go up on the widow walks since they notorious leg breakers.

Prison Island is hardly worth the time and energy it takes to get out there now.  Found a pristine Kashtan, a worn plate carrier, and a pristine summer Gorka smock that I took.  Some other things like some boots in the barracks, a police jacket (that's "a" as in singular).  Only ammo I've found out there is some loose 5.45x39 and a box of 7.62x39.  No food or water in the rooms that used to have that stuff.  Not one green sweater.  Did not go up on the widow walks since they notorious leg breakers.

At least this could mean that TTSKO stuff will spawn on other locations again. What about camo houses? Still no loot there?

Do tents that you setup and stock disappear after you die?

Do tents that you setup and stock disappear after you die?

Unless something changed recently no. I set up small stashes so if I get bambied I can hit one to get back on my feet sooner.

IRL we'd be probably be hunting down more than 1 glow plug, though I didn't pay attention if it's a four banger or inline six. But yes, it's what's calledtoocompression ignition engine. The plug(s) are used to warm up the air vs. actually igniting the air fuel mixture like in a petrol/gas engine. If a diesel engine is warm, no glow plug is required to restart the engine. You could in fact pull a glow plug and start the engine assuming it was still warm, although it makes one hell of a racket.

As BC stated, I would also like to see someone pull a glow plug while the engine is running. Watching for that last thread or two to strip out under the pressure and put that plug threw the hood, or your head, or both. And yes, once started, a diesel will run forever until the fuel supply is exhausted. Back in the day, I've seen them eat phone books trying to shut down a runaway diesel by attempting to close off the intake air.

It's an inline 6 or maybe even 8 judging by the one I flipped the other day. The drivline is interesting too wth a 3 output transfer case and and no centre diff output and two parallel rear driveshafts. That's a utilitarian solution I'd expect in a slavic machine, only need to make one rear end for their tandem drives. Edited by BCBasher

Anyone else loose barrels at the reset? My truck is still there saw it with the kids character but the barrel I dropped and put a single burlap in before the reset is gone.

Anyone else loose barrels at the reset? My truck is still there saw it with the kids character but the barrel I dropped and put a single burlap in before the reset is gone.

I hope not; I had a SMERSH pack stored in one.  :(

• Like 1

Came a message "You Are Dead" No I receive damage , Both times happened after I climb stairs hum bid. In the police station and the fire department ;

Have the mine entrances at Kamensk(sp) been "rebuilt" somewhat? Was there this evening and there are doors again (locked). I thought I remembered that the last time I was there all the gear leading up to the mine entrances like tracks and rail cars had been removed and the place appeared like it had been demo'd.

Am I sufferin' from the fever or what?

Came a message "You Are Dead" No I receive damage , Both times happened after I climb stairs hum bid. In the police station and the fire department ;

Same here - died while walking down the winding stairs inside the police station.

Well now I'm going to need to roll one over.  3 PTO's, all we need is a generator and we could turn the lights back on.

It's an inline 6 or maybe even 8 judging by the one I flipped the other day. The drivline is interesting too wth a 3 output transfer case and and no centre diff output and two parallel rear driveshafts. That's a utilitarian solution I'd expect in a slavic machine, only need to make one rear end for their tandem drives.

Going to bed, tired, 10:00pm est. Long week, on vacation tomorrow. See you in the forest bright and early cooking eggs. bring some bacon and a couple of Buds.