kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Well no barrel to test trucks hitting or shooting through them but my little sweetheart made the ride down the tracks across the map so believable. Abou twenty are we there yets and my truck is stashed far from fteshies and the batteries and glow pug is logged out for the night.

• Like 1

At least this could mean that TTSKO stuff will spawn on other locations again. What about camo houses? Still no loot there?

Saw that stuff at a tent city, ain't seen anything in the military jails at all.  The Mil Base at Zelengorsk just plain sucks, the open bays were empty and the old barracks just had medical waste all over the place.  Pavlovo base was a bit better but not by much..

Alright gentlemen...

You know what I want... We need to do barrel testing!!!!!!

EDIT: I STILL HAVE MY BARREL FROM LAST EXP!! WOOT!!!

EDIT 2:  ACQUIRED PELT AND LIME, TESTING NOW!!!!

EDIT 3: THE BARREL IS STILL BROKEN!!!!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 3

Where all the SMERSH backpacks at?

I saw those guys were streaming, too. Not normally one to watch streamers, but that's a combo worth watching on Experimental methinks :)

Yeah, especially because WOBO and SepticFalcon are doing a lot for the community (don't know M1NDR well).

Did watch the stream of SepticFalcon a bit but switched it off because I was going to play myself.

*mumbles something about South Park, watching streams and playing on your own* :lol:

Street lights?

2015-07-23_00001.jpg

Ahw you tried to trick us, didn't work for me though. It's just a glow stick in that green shack. :lol:

I like the idea though. I always wondered why there were no street lights on in Chernarus. Unless there is no power running through the powerlines all over Chernarus.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

Well i've had an interesting night.... Started out on my character from earlier today on a full 75/75 3pp server, i knew trouble was afoot when i saw that number.. I made my way from gorka to kabanino unharmed, but of course when i spot my first truck my spidey senses tingle. So i run to the other side of town and am about to hide in a building to listen to my surroundings when I see a guy running frantically in the street... Naturally my trust overwhelms me and i run to ask this guy his name and life story , a few brief moments and emotes later he turns and runs ... As i yell "wait! who are you?!" i get shot at from the side and again another time after turning and running several feet.. I didn't let him have his fun with me because i have limited time before bed haha so i hit respawn as soon as i fall unconscious from the second shot. I respawn in cherno, and expect nothing less than chaos so i decide to lay low in a house with some primo herb for a minute and just observe my surroundings, i was too late to realize a man was approaching (blame the kush -_-) and some crazy named Noah something barges in... what made him crazy you ask? Well that story is better shown than told (be prepared it all happens so quick lol):

Yea so it was a crazy night haha...I'm really liking the 75 player servers but they aren't exactly "butter" smooth , sometimes they are very responsive and others not at all... Some other glitches i saw (respawning floating loot? And random map error on a building?):

ipAsG3G.jpg
iLMgqlj.jpg
LPdsZuu.jpg

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 5

Where all the SMERSH backpacks at?

I found one in Elektro, as a fresh spawn.

• Like 1

I found one in Elektro, as a fresh spawn.

Nice, I hate that place.

Industrial spawn?

So, you see a truck and don't have the parts to drive it away what do you do... Shoot the gas tank apparently.

Sprinted 45 minutes for my second truck today and as you may have noticed the fuel gauge doesn't work right now so I didn't get far. If they plan on grabbing it at 2100 gmt it's far enough away they're gonna have to look for it.

Did not see a single animal today, thought I heard a chicken but saw nothing. 

Edited by BCBasher

Any one else lost their tents? I had a nice little camp set up last night at 20:00 uk time and this morning nothing it is all gone :-(.  I wouldn't mind if they were bringing out an new exp, I would expect it, but I tale it it was just a rest.

What is the current status on zombies? I haven't hopped on the latest experimental build yet. Are there decent numbers of infected?

• Like 2

Any one else lost their tents? I had a nice little camp set up last night at 20:00 uk time and this morning nothing it is all gone :-(.  I wouldn't mind if they were bringing out an new exp, I would expect it, but I tale it it was just a rest.

Not sure if I have your timeline right but the servers were down last night (CZ time) and they did a persistence wipe when they came back up.

What is the current status on zombies? I haven't hopped on the latest experimental build yet. Are there decent numbers of infected?

If a decent number is 0 then you're good to go.

I just want to hunt deer and haven't seen any of those either. 

• Like 1

Nice, I hate that place.

Industrial spawn?

East side of town, on the beach.

• Like 1

I didn't see any in the current build.

• Like 2

East side of town, on the beach.

Wait, what?

At a boat or was that a player discard maybe?

I would trade a truck battery or a hundred rounds of 7.62X39mm for one, or both.

*edit* 1pp plox.

Edited by BCBasher

Thanks fellas. I'm thinking it might not be until .59 or .60 experimental when we get infected back. Maybe longer. Must resist urge to criticize the dev team and be an asshole. I'm sure there are good reasons why there are no infected, but I have a theory about why they aren't in there and it gets me kind of worked up. Either way, it's my own problem and I have to try to not project my deluded ramblings onto the team.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

Thanks fellas. I'm thinking it might not be until .59 or .60 experimental when we get infected back. Maybe longer. Must resist urge to criticize the dev team and be an asshole. 

The truck part hunt is keeping me going but I sure would like something to use all of these gunbulllets on without resorting to murder.

.59 is gonna be awesome with the little ute and the 4 door land yacht to play with.

I'm getting great inventory and door response on my shitty old box and my lolhighspeed but fear it's because the infected AI is out right now. 

it's because the infected AI is out right now. 

That's exactly what it is and exactly why I'm annoyed. They seem to be prioritizing PVP in that they want to artificially inflate player counts by utilizing the server resources that were previously tied up with running the infected. I just need to be patient I guess. 0.55 spoiled me.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

There are no infected and animals will be scarce. They are purely monitoring server performance with the new 75 cap. Perhaps in the next build there will be infected and 75 player cap to monitor performance.

And about persistence: I'm not sure about it, if developers can give an indication for the next wipe we can test it for them.

Gonna leave a backpack and a barrel somewhere to test it. If someone has a tent for me please let me know, I will appreciate it very much.

That's exactly what it is and exactly why I'm annoyed. They seem to be prioritizing PVP in that they want to artificially inflate player counts by utilizing the server resources that were previously tied up with running the infected. I just need to be patient I guess. 0.55 spoiled me.

Just glad I'm not paying $15 a month for them to make a game I don't want this time. I'm having enough fun making pve mini games up for myself right now but kind of fear the majority™ getting another peeveepee cluster fuck to keep them busy for 10 hours before they get bored.  

• Like 4

My guess is that they are trying to make it overload. That way they can gather certain data and monitor performance better. It isn't the first time they raised the cap and put it back the build after.
  • Like 1

There are no infected and animals will be scarce. They are purely monitoring server performance with the new 75 cap. Perhaps in the next build there will be infected and 75 player cap to monitor performance.

And about persistence: I'm not sure about it, if developers can give an indication for the next wipe we can test it for them.

Gonna leave a backpack and a barrel somewhere to test it. If someone has a tent for me please let me know, I will appreciate it very much.

Left a backpack with my battery and glowplug on the ground thru a reset and it was fine but the barrel I put down and threw a burlap in at the 60 second warning for the same reset poofed completely.

Next reset is 2100 GMT I believe.

Im totaly with you on this. Dayz without infected makes no sense. Other aspects of game are progressing at good pace, but zeds are going backwards. If you dont get killed by zeds while fresh spawn at least two or three times before getting some good gear, than game is too easy.  I remeber around 0.42 or 0.43, when infinite zombie respawning was a thing. I miss those days.

• Like 3