kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Nothing has been wiped from my camp. I have 4-5 barrels right now, and they're all in-tact and no loot is missing.

I just found netting on the beach across from Skalisky.

I hear someone said they found a glowplug... I am strugging to find one myself, even though we have a battery which persisted through the last wipe.. (Hoff had it on his character!)

Also, what's up with Heli crashes? I found 2 today... 1 of them persisted after a reset, so I thought maybe they were all doing so.. Then I traveled south and found another Russian crash, and it looked like it hadn't been looted.. 2 RUSSIAN Heli crashes.. Can anyone confirm whether Heli crashes are currently spawning/despawning or if they're stuck/persistent?

• Like 1

Car tent A

24oucn4.jpg

1zc31vl.jpg

243pzq8.jpg

Car tent 2

2j5e3ab.jpg

2ymc1s3.jpg

219ow06.jpg

Found a glow plug but no battery or fuel canister yet. Thanks, Obama. :/

LOL no wonder I can't find anything!

I had a model 70 and was looking for a scope and forgot to put it away before I climbed up a deer stand and poof it was gone. I made it to NW Airfield and the place was barren until I got to the tents and it was very odd. The tents seemed like little shops, a hat tent, a couple of tents with 3-5 boxes of 762 x 39, a pistol mag tent, a rifle tent with 5 SKS rifles. Helicopter crash there had a couple High Cap Vests. I was totally drenched and caught a cold, so I made a fire next to a tree in the heavy rain and dried off and warmed up and then had dinner and logged out.

Nothing has been wiped from my camp. I have 4-5 barrels right now, and they're all in-tact and no loot is missing.

I just found netting on the beach across from Skalisky.

I hear someone said they found a glowplug... I am strugging to find one myself, even though we have a battery which persisted through the last wipe.. (Hoff had it on his character!)

Also, what's up with Heli crashes? I found 2 today... 1 of them persisted after a reset, so I thought maybe they were all doing so.. Then I traveled south and found another Russian crash, and it looked like it hadn't been looted.. 2 RUSSIAN Heli crashes.. Can anyone confirm whether Heli crashes are currently spawning/despawning or if they're stuck/persistent?

Took me two and a half weeks to find my first glow plug, found 3 so far and lost 2 to character wipez. They're tiny and easily confused for damaged pens and steak knives when on the ground.

I had a model 70 and was looking for a scope and forgot to put it away before I climbed up a deer stand and poof it was gone. I made it to NW Airfield and the place was barren until I got to the tents and it was very odd. The tents seemed like little shops, a hat tent, a couple of tents with 3-5 boxes of 762 x 39, a pistol mag tent, a rifle tent with 5 SKS rifles. Helicopter crash there had a couple High Cap Vests. I was totally drenched and caught a cold, so I made a fire next to a tree in the heavy rain and dried off and warmed up and then had dinner and logged out.

I just had a similar experience with a 1911. I decided to have a snack and forgot that I had my pistol in my hand. After I finished eating, my pistol was nowhere to be found. I have since found several P1s, but I can't seem to find another 1911.  >:(

• Like 1

I just had a similar experience with a 1911. I decided to have a snack and forgot that I had my pistol in my hand. After I finished eating, my pistol was nowhere to be found. I have since found several P1s, but I can't seem to find another 1911.  >:(

i set down a cr75 and it went poof. Wasted a mag for it too.

I think you might be on to something there, next time someone starts a "why DayZ isn't done yet?" Or "I need over 9000fps in cities cause is unplayable" thread we can just blame Obama.

Seriously I think the inconsistencies in the electrical grid's functionality might have more to do with our map is pieced over ArmA 2 map.

Do we have any lore regarding what's going on in the rest of the world because there are high tension power lines leaving/coming in from the north and west. I know here in BC Canada we "share" our surplus hydroelectric with our southern neighbors.

just so we are on the same sheet here. I did amend the original, striking out Obama Administration and replaced it with American Government since, truth be told they all frigging do it. I am sticking by the nuc wep program statement and adding that if Chenarus farmers were growing poppies then Eric Holder would have run guns to them.

As far as I know the north edge of the map is not the northern border of the Chenarus Republic. Where those lines go is anyone's guess right now.

And you don't "share" shit, we pay for it, oh do we pay for it.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

As usual I forgot to check something, the damage state of the barrel after being shot it was worn when picked up will check when I get back at it later. 

no degradation or damage, you can shoot all day "through" the barrel, the status did not change

Took me two and a half weeks to find my first glow plug, found 3 so far and lost 2 to character wipez. They're tiny and easily confused for damaged pens and steak knives when on the ground.

I check every industrial shed I come across with my inventory open. Nothin'.

I have yet to find my first glowplug. I assume you guys also use it as a key? Removing the glowplug when you leave a truck behind? Maybe even hide the battery close by?

• Like 1

I have yet to find my first glowplug. I assume you guys also use it as a key? Removing the glowplug when you leave a truck behind? Maybe even hide the battery close by?

Affirmative

Had pretty much fun with the current EXP build.

I experienced some issues, but nothing too big, except for one thing. I dropped a landmine i found and walked over it. Boom. I did not activate it i just dropped it.

And iam not able to find full automatic weapons, i encountered several players that had AK's but personally i just found my winchester... ( Also iam not able to find ammo for it )

Was there another persistence reset? And why do they keep doing it?

Getting ready for the  stable 8 months from now... you know...  What was it they were shut down for the night ?  a 250mb update that made FPR   WORSE...   There splitting atoms over there.... Could you imagine any real company operating like these guys ?  Just Insaine

Billions of dollars.. no news if it's not from this guy at a cafe tweeting...  It's Just madness the way they  take this DayZ SA

And no one really cares and no one is held accountable..

I wish i new how to CODE so i could do 1 game and retire and give a %^#$....

How hard or busy can you be to recode DYE Leather from the exisiting code you didn't get right ?

Musta been workin on that for that (Were workin on something BIG)  When they shut down exp for a day and had zero but frame drops.

Edited by LoveAffair

Had pretty much fun with the current EXP build.

I experienced some issues, but nothing too big, except for one thing. I dropped a landmine i found and walked over it. Boom. I did not activate it i just dropped it.

And iam not able to find full automatic weapons, i encountered several players that had AK's but personally i just found my winchester... ( Also iam not able to find ammo for it )

Landmines can be unpredictable, if they are damaged.

finally found an undamaged pu, still haven't seen a pen.

Also I was kicked by battleye earlier ("client not responding") and immediately rejoined only to see my dupe running in front of me. He disappeared after about 10 seconds and I didn't do anything but watch him but hopefully it's not something can be exploited.

finally found an undamaged pu, still haven't seen a pen.

Also I was kicked by battleye earlier ("client not responding") and immediately rejoined only to see my dupe running in front of me. He disappeared after about 10 seconds and I didn't do anything but watch him but hopefully it's not something can be exploited.

Found a pen in a deer stand, along with some hunting clothing.

• Like 1

I always take both with me.  They're both too rare to let out of your sight.  I sometimes carry the battery in an ammo box in my pack.  But can't decide if the benefit to beign shot and survivign with a working battery is outweighed by the possibility that someone shoots me and scores a good battery.

• Like 1

Within two hours of gameplay on the last Experimental Update, I met three goats, two chicken, one pig and one boar!
All animals were in the area around Nadezhdino, Kozlovka and Pulkovo. I love it <3

2015-07-24_00004_zpsfkd0cxtr.jpg?t=14377
2015-07-25_00001_zpsmvb3u83t.jpg?t=14377
dayz-wild-animals-spawn-points-dayz-stan

(Persistence and animals are more important for me than Infected- just saying ;-))

Was just on SC02 as the server restarted.  My camp was untouched.  Both of my trucks "moved" slightly (reset w full fuel it would seem).  BUT . . . I decided to run out to Myshinko base.  I see the 2 wrecked trucks at 018 075 are still there.  Still on their sides. They're not despawning.  It's been almost 30 hours.  Odd. 

Edited by Thurman Merman

OK, so if your face melts and you live to tell the tale, does your face heal, after you get healthy ... or can you ever get healthy again?

Inquiring minds want to know.

You will know in 1 or 2 hours. But I'm pretty sure my character will be ugly in his life. :(

Getting ready for the stable 8 months from now... you know... What was it they were shut down for the night ? a 250mb update that made FPR WORSE... There splitting atoms over there.... Could you imagine any real company operating like these guys ? Just Insaine

Billions of dollars.. no news if it's not from this guy at a cafe tweeting... It's Just madness the way they take this DayZ SA

How hard or busy can you be to recode DYE Leather from the exisiting code you didn't get right ?

Musta been workin on that for that (Were workin on something BIG) When they shut down exp for a day and had zero but frame drops.

Ok, let's see if I understand this. You know nothing about coding and want to make a game. Even though you know zero about it, you criticize the developers, how dare you.

Yes you're right, you know zero shit about making games. It's not only coding something, it's much more. Think about designing (environment, map, items, AI movement, etc.), planning, testing and having a high patience threshold.

If you think they're doing zero shit then you're very wrong mister. As I do know a little of coding and had a look in the game files, I can tell you that it looks promising.

Though, the game files even doesn't need that much of coding skills to be read. To be honest even coding isn't that hard, you need to know English and the syntaxes and you're good to go.

Please do me a favor and apologise to the community and developers for your ignorance.

Was just on SC02 as the server restarted. My camp was untouched. Both of my trucks "moved" slightly (reset w full fuel it would seem). BUT . . . I decided to run out to Myshinko base. I see the 2 wrecked trucks at 018 075 are still there. Still on their sides. They're not despawning. Odd.

I don't know sure if it was related to helicopter crash sites but in the game files there was a function about despawning vehicles. It would take from 4 to 6 hours to despawn a vehicle and my guess is respawn a new one.

It was commented out however but it may be in there, not sure about it. So perhaps they despawn on a seperate timer which was the intention in the first place.

Edited by IMT

I've been out of the loop a few days due to IRL stuff but I came back to find my character wasn't reset.  

After setting up a new camp and finding a gas can I went to my favorite watering hole to refill it

(side note: 25 liters of water to one water purification tab is a ratio that should probably be adjusted)

As I got near the pond I saw this group, they were of the server hopping variety as they all mysteriously vanished at the moment they were shot.

MH5DIyV.jpg

This got me to thinking about the animal ai and herding...

Disclaimer:  I have absolutely no idea how this stuff works - it's all voodoo to me.

The four deer herds I've seen in .58 have always been near a water source, that could be coincidence I guess.

This particular herd was out in the middle of nowhere (023/011), and they did not run or move at all.  

I've seen them freeze after being chased but this herd appears to be in a fairly tight group.

I'm not inclined to think they were chased there, yet they were frozen as if they had been chased and they are facing the same way too

Were they chased and then regroup?  Is 'regrouping' in the AI at all? Or did they spawn right here and just never move?

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on whether animals regroup after being separated, or if it is being planned, I would appreciate it.

• Like 1

Getting ready for the  stable 8 months from now... you know...  What was it they were shut down for the night ?  a 250mb update that made FPR   WORSE...   There splitting atoms over there.... Could you imagine any real company operating like these guys ?  Just Insaine

Billions of dollars.. no news if it's not from this guy at a cafe tweeting...  It's Just madness the way they  take this DayZ SA

Musta been workin on that for that (Were workin on something BIG)  When they shut down exp for a day and had zero but frame drops.

I'll admit, I have a hard time understanding your post. What stable update in 8 months?

Can I imagine another company operating how? Allowing people access to development builds, as well as an opt in unstable branch? I suppose there are some others.

I'm not sure where the billions of dollars are coming from, we're not Microsoft.

I'd ask if you want to continue participating in the forums here, that you conduct yourself in a more respectful and adult manner.

• Like 20

You can now tear dresses, canvas pants, and track pants into rags.  Not wool or down coats though.

• Like 1

I've been out of the loop a few days due to IRL stuff but I came back to find my character wasn't reset.  

After setting up a new camp and finding a gas can I went to my favorite watering hole to refill it

(side note: 25 liters of water to one water purification tab is a ratio that should probably be adjusted)

As I got near the pond I saw this group, they were of the server hopping variety as they all mysteriously vanished at the moment they were shot.

MH5DIyV.jpg

This got me to thinking about the animal ai and herding...

Disclaimer:  I have absolutely no idea how this stuff works - it's all voodoo to me.

The four deer herds I've seen in .58 have always been near a water source, that could be coincidence I guess.

This particular herd was out in the middle of nowhere (023/011), and they did not run or move at all.  

I've seen them freeze after being chased but this herd appears to be in a fairly tight group.

I'm not inclined to think they were chased there, yet they were frozen as if they had been chased and they are facing the same way too

Were they chased and then regroup?  Is 'regrouping' in the AI at all? Or did they spawn right here and just never move?

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on whether animals regroup after being separated, or if it is being planned, I would appreciate it.

The picture you posted shows a real group hierarchy with the alpha in front/middle. I also don't know what happens when they flee because I couldn't find the herd anymore after that.

You can now tear dresses, canvas pants, and track pants into rags.  Not wool or down coats though.

This has been in quite a while. :P

I think fishing got a little update as well, never seen this before: The movement near the bait is fading

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Within two hours of gameplay on the last Experimental Update, I met three goats, two chicken, one pig and one boar!

All animals were in the area around Nadezhdino, Kozlovka and Pulkovo. I love it <3

(Persistence and animals are more important for me than Infected- just saying ;-))

well, persistence and animals are equally important to me. All resources are pretty much easy to find. Everything would be twice harder to find if there were zeds, especially in high loot zones.