kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I didn't understand it the first time either but when I looked back I realised it was a joke* post not having a go at you but at the complainers that exaggerate everything e.g. 15 years they've been working on this and we don't even have bikes yet. - etc. That's where billions and 8 months came from. Exaggeration for supposed comedic effect.

*Not the best (delivered) joke tbf.

Are were you joking too - I'm more confused now than when I started the post. It's like Bad Joke Inception.

I recently had a situation where an obviously drunken person had hopped onto our t/s channel and begin to recount his exploits from earlier in the evening. All of us thought that the others knew this person, so we were cordial. It was only afterwards, when we were talking and we realized that none of us knew him.

Since those comments were out of character and only semi-coherent, I had assumed that they were "powered by Jack" (Daniels).

It's never funny, when you have to explain it, eh?

• Like 2

When an experimental build is pushed to stable, the experimental servers are usually shut down for a week, to two weeks. Afterwards, a new experimental build will become available, with a significant version increase (i.e. 0.58.xxxxxx will increase to 0.59.xxxxxx).

And yes, everything gets wiped, characters, loot, persistence, everything.

Sry for my questions, but will there also be a wipe on stable?

The Devs have announced that there will be.. Probably because if there isn't then there will be a ton of people running around with SVD's and other high end military gear that they got in .57, the Deathmatch update, and it will be counter-productive towards the goals of .58 and .59, which is sorting out central loot economy.

You have nothing to apologize for Bill. :) I'm sorry if I came off like yet another person complaining about the devs. Thanks for reminding me of the things I already knew but forgot to keep in mind due to my current disappointment. I mean it. I guess it can be hard to keep the faith sometimes. Patience is one of my weaker traits. I need to work on that. 

It sounds funny to say it out loud, but sometimes we get so invested in a project, that when it suffers ups and downs, it can become an emotional roller coaster for us. Those feelings will naturally ebb and flow, but all of us share them.

• Like 3

Stable servers usually only get wiped when there is a version change, typically every 4-6 weeks, or so. Experimental servers may be wiped every few days, or even daily, depending on what the devs are working on.

I'm finally healthy again. I think I healed for 2 to 3 hours now.

Guess I was almost dead.

How do you look? Are you as pretty as ever?

• Like 1

Do trucks respawn or something? Got everything except the truck.

Eventually, trucks are envisioned to respawn only when they are damaged beyond repair. I say eventually, because I do not believe that their configuration has been finalized.

• Like 1

I recently had a situation where an obviously drunken person had hopped onto our t/s channel and begin to recount his exploits from earlier in the evening. All of us thought that the others knew this person, so we were cordial. It was only afterwards, when we were talking and we realized that none of us knew him.

Since those comments were out of character and only semi-coherent, I had assumed that they were "powered by Jack" (Daniels).

It's never funny, when you have to explain it, eh?

The post was so over the top I thought it must be a joke. I was quite drunk myself at the time and the post baffled me then when I looked back I saw your post about people complaining about dayz (the blame obama post) and figured that must've been a lame attempt at some joke where you just post the more exaggerated and semi-coherent complaints. How could anyone be serious about a "billion" etc.

Anyway it was bizarre.

Anyway moving on, I don't want to sound like super fanboy but I'm amazed at the cle/persistence and how good it is already. I love going back to a house I was in a while back and seeing the same stuff but one new item that wasn't there before. It's a pity the zombies aren't in but my conspiracy theory is that the animal team are going to be more involved with the zombies - I hope we get them back soon in any case.

Anyway moving on, I don't want to sound like super fanboy but I'm amazed at the cle/persistence and how good it is already. I love going back to a house I was in a while back and seeing the same stuff but one new item that wasn't there before. It's a pity the zombies aren't in but my conspiracy theory is that the animal team are going to be more involved with the zombies - I hope we get them back soon in any case.

I have to agree; we've seen some pretty significant improvements, in only a few short weeks.

just so we are on the same sheet here. I did amend the original, striking out Obama Administration and replaced it with American Government since, truth be told they all frigging do it. I am sticking by the nuc wep program statement and adding that if Chenarus farmers were growing poppies then Eric Holder would have run guns to them.

As far as I know the north edge of the map is not the northern border of the Chenarus Republic. Where those lines go is anyone's guess right now.

And you don't "share" shit, we pay for it, oh do we pay for it.

Sorry Barnabus, I generally stay away from political debate because really "we" have no say in what our 2 and 3 party systems do with "our" money. The "share" comment was because I've always been told we got fucked on the Columbia river treaty, read a nice dry wiki article on it and am more confused than ever. I'll just resist and do my best to stay on topic.

I check every industrial shed I come across with my inventory open. Nothin'.

I play on a low pop 1pp server but believe you play on higher pop 3pp where not only do you have more traffic but more hoppers. You might be looking for awhile if you don't get right in and spend some time right after a persistence wipe.

I have yet to find my first glowplug. I assume you guys also use it as a key? Removing the glowplug when you leave a truck behind? Maybe even hide the battery close by?

Or both if you get lucky.

Landmines can be unpredictable, if they are damaged.

I have armed 2-3 damaged and 1 badly damaged successfully from what I've read YMMV. 

So, just went by there again.  It's been almost 48 hours, my earlier estimate was pre-coffee.  Not only are the overturned trucks still there, but they spawned new tires (I had taken some off yesterday morning to go on my truck).  I wonder if I could get a truck and tip them upright and have them work.  Has anyone ever tipped an overturned truck back onto it's wheels?

Back a few patches ago while convoying two trucks junior rolled one bad, he hit some bad desync and crashed into me but it only registered on his computer. I told him to stay in it and plowed the cab with mine and righted it and got him to limp it into the treeline on 2 tires with a leaking gastank. He hopped in mine and we went and looted Myshinko tent city until reset then collected the now repaired truck after.

Well I have found a few glow plugs over the past 36 hours.  But truck batteries, not a single one, nadda, none, zilch, ZERO.  Update!!! 5 minutes after posting... of course, guess what I found.

liFB2aB.jpg

But I did find this handy dandy gas-powered shaver.

Xognt9y.png

If nothing's been wiped since yesterday I have 3 batteries and 1 plug on 1pp, I could stash one somewhere easy to find for you. 

• Like 1

Took me two and a half weeks to find my first glow plug, found 3 so far and lost 2 to character wipez. They're tiny and easily confused for damaged pens and steak knives when on the ground.

Agreed. The only time I've seen a glow plug is when I thought it was a pen on the ground, and walked over to it, because you hardly ever see pens anymore.

I haven't had any trouble finding glow plugs (also: batteries, wheels, barrels) in Severograd, as there are a lot of those tan sheds that frequently spawn truck parts. There's also a 2-seater V3S spawn at the mines northeast of Severograd.

I have yet to find my first glowplug. I assume you guys also use it as a key? Removing the glowplug when you leave a truck behind? Maybe even hide the battery close by?

I wonder if in the future we'll need keys to drive a vehicle. Some cars might spawn unlocked with the keys in the ignition, others locked and you have to hotwire the car with some tools. Each key was unique to a door / lock, something like this.

Until then, yes, glowplug as a key is the way to go. They are smaller and a bit rarer than the batteries, so it's always good to grab at least your glow plug before leaving your truck.

dayz-wild-animals-spawn-points-dayz-stan

Can you explain this map a bit more? Did you make it, or is it some sort of resource?

• Like 1

Yes, I've rammed a tipped over truck with another good truck to get it back on its wheels.  So it's possible!  I aimed for the roof of the cabin, and was probably going about 20KM/h when I hit.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot later and report back.

Can you explain this map a bit more? Did you make it, or is it some sort of resource?

The animal spawn map is fairly old and from DayZ TV I believe, not sure if it's even relevant anymore

I haven't had any trouble finding glow plugs (also: batteries, wheels, barrels) in Severograd, as there are a lot of those tan sheds that frequently spawn truck parts. There's also a 2-seater V3S spawn at the mines northeast of Severograd.

I noticed the truck spawns are fixed, is there a list somewhere of which spawns are active?

On my server I have the ones from Msta and Karmanovka, gonna go scoop the Severograd one today if it's there. I haven't found a cargo yet though.  

I noticed the truck spawns are fixed, is there a list somewhere of which spawns are active?

On my server I have the ones from Msta and Karmanovka, gonna go scoop the Severograd one today if it's there. I haven't found a cargo yet though.  

I think I saw a list of spawns on reddit a while ago. 

So the truck spawns are random like heli crashes, not just spawning in the same spots all the time?

They're supposed to be like heli crashes are supposed to work but have been stuck for awhile now. I use iZurvive map app and there's 30-40 possible spawn points but the two trucks I have already have been guaranteed to be there for awhile, I'm assuming the others are too.

The trucks didn't drive because of no gas or the gauge showed 0? I believe the gauges are broken atm.

Damn it, it was reported here but I totally forgot, what a waste. :(

Thanks for reminding me though.

How do you look? Are you as pretty as ever?

Believe it or not, I actually took my mask off to check. My face was normal, guess it healed as well. :lol:

Eventually, trucks are envisioned to respawn only when they are damaged beyond repair. I say eventually, because I do not believe that their configuration has been finalized.

But do they respawn at the original location?
  • Like 1

[quote name="IMT" post="2290037" timestamp="1437861578

Id love to test that but wthout grenades or aerosols exploding in fires I don't think you can safely destroy one right now. If I find a mine soon I want to try with my kid's account.

Id love to test that but wthout grenades or aerosols exploding in fires I don't think you can safely destroy one right now. If I find a mine soon I want to try with my kid's account.

I'm talking about if someone takes a truck, does another respawn at the original location?

They should respawn at a random, designated spawn location. I'm not a dedicated truck whisperer, but there doesn't currently seem to be a lot of variety/rotation in their spawn points. My personal theory is that we are not seeing spawn randomization, because it will depend on the regional control feature of the CLE functioning correctly, as a prerequisite. It does not appear to me that we have regional control yet.

• Like 1

I'm talking about if someone takes a truck, does another respawn at the original location?

No, as far as I know. There's 15 trucks and if you move it its gone afik. If I'm wrong lemme know somebody.

If one of my sw02 hommies want to check the two spots I mentioned I took the trucks from we'd know. I they are nowhere near where I got them from.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

I believe they do.  I am almost certain they did on the prior .58 build.  I.e.,you take the Msta truck and wreck in Staroye, when the server restarts, the new truck is in Msta.  The 2 that are currently wrecked on SC02 (and have been for over 2 days and several restarts) came from Vybor and the upper Vavilovo spawn - and I have yet to see another truck in either of those spots.  Just surmising from what I've seen, and can't know for sure, but it seems that way.

Edited by Thurman Merman

I believe they do.  I am almost certain they did on the prior .58 build.  I.e.,you take the Msta truck and wreck in Staroye, when the server restarts, the new truck is in Msta.  The 2 that are currently wrecked on SC02 (and have been for over 2 days and several restarts) came from Vybor and the upper Vavilovo spawn - and I have yet to see another truck in either of those spots.  Just surmising from what I've seen, and can't know for sure, but it seems that way.

Just hit up the Servero mine truck site and it wasn't there. Had an incident with the surrounding rocks and have no glow plug and am back on the beach now so...

Going on a road trip with the wife so I don't need my stuff stashed, there's 2 trucks filled with 7.62X39mm and other basic survival goodies and a change of clothes, a yellow barrel, and just sw of the trucks under the tree at the tip of the finger pointing out into the field a worn battery in an improvised backpack. 007 045 US SW 0-2 

Depending on when we leave I might log in on junior's account and put my 3rd battery in a truck too.

Edited by BCBasher