kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Well uk 02 or something is popping 75/75 players... yet... theres noone in berezino? will iterate further when first player is found.... Hope to see you guys there (3PP instead of my usual 1PP cuz as always the first person servers are all around 15 ppl max)!

think this is because there was no char reset, all chars sprayed over the map

• Like 2

dayz servers down for a whole day, NASA finds earth like planet, coincidence? I think not....

• Like 2

I know you're not the big social type, but if we ever bump into each other in a server, feel free to say hi! We could just trade a few words and items, and then continue our separate ways.

Anyway, take care and have a good one!

It's not even that I'm not social it's more like mild autism or something, disembodied voices in general like phones, two way radios, voip, give me an unsettling feeling inside and I can only handle it for so long, sometimes longer, sometime a few minutes. I make friendly contact if I feel safe to do so just like anyone who's played DayZ for more than 10-20 hours and avoid potentially hostile ones if at all possible.

Off to a good start today, well fed, nice green cab and chassis stashed, found a hunting backpack in the first 10 minutes in one of the run down horizontal plank garden shed which seemed new to me. Got some stuff to do IRL, not sure why it couldn't have come up yesterday but... Going to set out on foot when I get back to find a jerry can before I take the truck too far and try and collect my assistant later to get some video of truck passenger desync and see what else is new. Speaking of truck desync the 15 minutes I cruised around this morning seemed way better than the last two times I'd been driving. I even hit a stump and rolled my truck down a hill and was in full control enough to steer into the slow rollover and get straightened out.   

• Like 3

What's the best place to find animals? i've been driving around everywhere and have only found a chicken.  

I'm almost starting to think that's a server thing, I only play on one server and have seen 1 herd of bugged deer and 4-5 chickens. I actually spent 8 hours grid searching the center of the map this weekend and saw nothing yet everybody is posting all these shots of deer and cows everywhere.

tanning leather in barrels did not work yet.

pelt and fertilizer gone to data nirvana after ending the prozess like in last patch :(

• Like 1

Lootsplosion at the tent where it was happening at Myshkino Tent city before.  Loot distro in the other tents seemed ok, just that one.  Not as crazy in there as before but plenty of UMP mags, 10 rnd clips for the SKS, loose and boxed ammo, butt stocks and hand guards, plus the usual vests and boots..  Craploads of pistol flashlights in that tent too.

Pleasantly surprised there wasn't a character wipe. 

Found a hunting scope for my Carbine!

LSK will repair vests again but not helmets or pouches for the Plate Carrier.

Tried to use the tire kit on a helmet and the pouches, no soap there either.  Hey, never know til you try...

Oh, one more thing, still can't swap hand guards, painted the one on an AK 74 black and it came off, put on a rail but still can't attach a bipod to it.  Haven't found a rifle light, will try that when I do.  Does the SVD take the bipod?

PS  Guard shacks seem to be spawning stuff inside now, not like before, found a Mountain ruck, a jeep cap and a morphine injector.  Can you OD on morphine, in game I mean?

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 6

So, heading back to my camp on SC02 (it is, was?, at 024 072).  I've got a new truck full of goodies - including a jerry can!  I have 3 trucks there, as well as 3 barrels and a fireplace with a pot and tripod - nice little starter home.  As I'm coming back around Pushto, I see a guy running in the road.  I roll up behind him.  He keeps running*.  How odd that he's got his sound off.  I roll behind him for about 40-50m.  He stops to read the sign telling him the way to Myshinko.  

At that point, being the friendly guy I am, I just accelerate past him.  Bet I scared the crap out of him!

Through Myshinko, back to my base.  WAIT!!!  I see a truck driving off.  I drive over to see if it's mine - he's driving to a flipped truck by the road.**  He gets out!  I was gonna say "hello", but he jumps back in the truck and takes off.  I spin around to see where he went and flip my truck on the same hill!!!  Damn!!!  I jump out, grab my battery and plug - but wait, here comes the driver.  He's trying to run me over.  Son of a...,.

I step around my truck to provide cover, pop out and put some AUG rounds through his windshield.  He slumps over and slides to a halt.

I step up to his truck, hit inventory, take the plug, but can't seem to get the battery out while the trucks running.  I put my gun on my back and try to drag it into my hands.  No luck.  I open the door to see if I can hide his corpse (no)*** or get in to turn it off , no luck with his body there.  At that point he WAKES UP!!  Slams it in gear and takes off (even though his plug is in my pocket), damaging my pants and ruining my boots in the process.

Well, I run over to the original truck and . . . hey! . . . this looks like the stuff from my camp (Yes, at a minimum, I should have expected the same at **, but I missed my coffee this morning, piss off!!)!

I run back to my camp (it's dark by now).  I can make out that only 1 truck is in place.  I hide in the trees and wait.  10 minutes go by.  Nothing.  Ok, guess he's off licking his wounds somewhere.  I survey the damage and see he missed the 2 barrels sitting in the open as decoys (even had one stuffed with maxed out AKMs) but has found my "survival barrel" hidden in the trees (maxed Mosin, ammo, Magnum, ammo, food, boots, knife, vest, compass, matches, etc.).  

Well, since that's the only one he saw, I decide to empty it, move it, and the move the other gear and 2 barrels as well.  Figure I don't have to go far.  He'll come back, see the barrel gone and know I beat him to it. I make 2 improvised backpacks to hide in the trees and start filling them with loot.  I move a barrel - start filling it.  Just about to get on the second barrel when *POP* "You are dead"   :D  Sounded like a damn .22.  

* I suspect now: these 2 were clan mates (as there were a few on the server); and he couldn't hear my truck as he was talking on TS.  Who plays with a clan on EXP?  There were 4 clan members and 3 other players on the whole server.  No way to know, but makes sense.  Should have just run him over. Totally forgot about him after the excitement with the guy in the truck.

***  Yes, I know I should  have double-tapped, but I was so focused on grabbing the battery!  Should have realized he was alive when I had no option to hide his corpse.  Further, Can't believe you can take a plug out of a truck while it's running but not the battery.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 7

Just found a melee weapon I've never seen before, of course I've never been to black mountain, but it's called "flanged mace". Looks like it'll put a hurt'n on someone heh.

*snip*  Further, Can't believe you can take a plug out of a truck while it's running but not the battery.

Well that's some shit.

I noticed the other night you can leave the truck lights on and take the battery out and the lights stay on, not sure if you can turn them on without a battery in the first place.

That plug thing though, it just occurred to me a smart person could start his truck get out and pocket the plug then leave and if you had a server restart scheduled or otherwise your truck should be somewhat disabled while you retrace your tracks to catch up with it.

Thanks for the info on Myshinnko as well Barnabus  as an SKS/PU is my ideal primary I'll be stopping in there later.

• Like 2

Damn, I was happily cooking some carp on a tripod when suddenly my face started to melt, and in maybe 10 seconds I was unconscious. Of course I die right after finding a car tent. :P

Hell fellow survivors!

i've been reading the forums for ages but i never posted.

i want to share my today's 0.58 experimental story with yall.

It all started 6 hours ago , spawned north of Dubky ,i was alone on a 20+ people server ( Experimental North East-1 ) , something around those lines!

as i spawned i went straight to Cherno close to the fire station , looted a couple of houses around it and then went to the market , where i found a whooping 7 water bottles and a few cans of food.

i proceeded to drink the water then i went for a rock to craft a knife , opened the can , ate , then i was ready to go east along the coast!

found a backpack on my way to balota and as i arrived to the airfield , i went yolo style and ran straight in to loot it.

the prison barracks are empty as hell as usual , i found some useful military loot in the hangars then i went into balota , looted a couple of houses on my way to the coast and ran , ran , ran until i reached the prison island!

it was my biggest waste of time of the day as the island is empty of loot.

i was in hypothermia , soaked thru running like a maniac in order to find all i needed to craft a fireplace to warm me up.

HOLY SHIT I GOT SOME MATCHES! ( there are no tree on the island on which u can harvest bark to craft a hand drill kit! )

problem! as soon as i pick the matched they get wet and i cant use them! im in some real fukn trouble now!

i drop all my clothes to the ground and proceed to start running like an headless chicken , not giving a fuck about being seen or shot at.

i went damp and found another box of matches in one of those little green metallic outposts! eureka!

i proceeded to pickup my stuff , lit that fire until everything was fine , at this point it was night time so i proceeded to loot the whole prison , the only thing i found was some TTsko pants and a cr75 in the barrack in the courtyard.

as soon as the dawn appeared i swam to the other side started another fire , and went up north to the military base south of zeleno.

arrived at zeleno i found a crash site , empty ! Found a shitload of UMP45 mags in the zeleno military compound then went straight to green mountain and then to the military base south of the NWAF.

at this point i havent seen anybody in 3hours and im not even trying to hide ( dont have any weapon in my hands and a white armband hoping somebody realise that to me it means friendly! )

to cut it shorter i proceeded to loot the entire NWAF , the tents , still nobody crossed my path! 

found another crash site at the NWAF with some mp5 attachements and some boots and then i went to Vavilovo.

the 3 cargo truck were there , no sign of battery of spark plugs around so i proceed to enter into the woods at the far west of the map to see if i could find any campment i run in the wood but find nothing , goes to the south to get a good view on lopatino for crash site possibilities but nothing.

i loot lopatino then i go back to the airfield.

this i when the first WTF happened. the crash site had dissapeared without a server restart!!!

after scratching my head for a good 5minute i realise the night is coming again. so i decide to go to stary sobor to pick up some food and trivial shits.

i arrive at stary sobor from where the static crash site is in 0.57 and SURPRISE! i fond 2 deers 100m ahead of me in the open.

i duck and wait a bit to catch my breath then i fire at the deer ( missed a couple of time , damned Kashtan scope locked at 400m !!! ) and finally one deer went down , i followed where the one ran away and ran in the direction of my meal lying on the ground!

this is where my life ended.

as i started to skin the poor beast i got shot at. i heard 3 different gun type shooting at me but i only got caugh in the arm and chest . i start to run like a complete retard to avoid the bullets and 3 minutes later im in a pond next to stary and i bandage and morphine my ass!

at this point im like , holy shit that was clo...  , CLAP , you are unconscious....

i stay uncounscious to ear my assassin start talking to 2 other dudes , saying shits like you are safe now guys! , hey you on the ground i will handcuff you , can you reply , do you ear me!? why are you shooting at us ( at this point im like fuck this noob couldnt even understand i was hunting a fucking deer and not him and his friends!

i ear some comments about my stuff then realising they wont revive my sorry ass i press the respawn button

as a freshspawn on the beach i press P , to realise there is 75 dudes in the servers and that i just spend 6hours gearing and trying to interact someone only to get killed over a dinner i would have gladly shared with those dudes , the worse is that they seem to have killed me because they thought i was after them , so at least i know they arent assholes! 

ohh dayz paranoia!

sorry for the uber read and the bad english!

• Like 10

It's not even that I'm not social it's more like mild autism or something, disembodied voices in general like phones, two way radios, voip, give me an unsettling feeling inside and I can only handle it for so long, sometimes longer, sometime a few minutes. I make friendly contact if I feel safe to do so just like anyone who's played DayZ for more than 10-20 hours and avoid potentially hostile ones if at all possible.

Off to a good start today, well fed, nice green cab and chassis stashed, found a hunting backpack in the first 10 minutes in one of the run down horizontal plank garden shed which seemed new to me. Got some stuff to do IRL, not sure why it couldn't have come up yesterday but... Going to set out on foot when I get back to find a jerry can before I take the truck too far and try and collect my assistant later to get some video of truck passenger desync and see what else is new. Speaking of truck desync the 15 minutes I cruised around this morning seemed way better than the last two times I'd been driving. I even hit a stump and rolled my truck down a hill and was in full control enough to steer into the slow rollover and get straightened out.   

If I run into ya, I'll type )

• Like 4

That plug thing though, it just occurred to me a smart person could start his truck get out and pocket the plug then leave and if you had a server restart scheduled or otherwise your truck should be somewhat disabled while you retrace your tracks to catch up with it.

It does make sense.  The glow plug on a diesel isn't needed once the engine is running.  But, it's still odd.

If I run into ya, I'll type )

Thanks but if it gets to be more than a mild inconvenience I politely excuse myself and carry on with my solo itinerary. I just mention it because in this game I would take my behavior as a red flag I've experienced a few time I've been conned by a "friendly" player.

I remember one of my first interaction in this game trying to type playing on a server where the admin and his buddies were RPing neutral peacekeeper type characters. I very clearly identified myself and explained my business in text, before I raised my hands. As I go for the F1 key I caught 3 well placed shots from his m4 and slump back in my chair to listen to his words of wisdom. "Shit, sorry dude no one reads that. You need NEED a mic to play this game". I later met the group, went through a fairly transparent "initiation test",  hung out for 15 minutes growing zucchinis under their protection before I gave my truck to their squeaker and carried on with my day on foot.

I'm a solo pve player but love the depth real unpredictable humans give this game over single player games.  

• Like 5

It does make sense.  The glow plug on a diesel isn't needed once the engine is running.  But, it's still odd.

I think that's a bug not a feature though, just haven't set up the plug going in a set spot like the battery. Diesels do need the glow plug to plug their hole in the head and has far as it was explained to me in my nitro RC days there's a catalytic reaction between the coil and the compressed fuel/air charge. I'll use it as a deadman switch until it's fixed either way.

• Like 1

taking out a plug would still let the engine run IRL, it would just run like shit cause of misfires. same with battery for a little while i guess before the alternator runs out of juice.

maybe not a bug?

Edited by hooligun

Hell fellow survivors!

yadda yadda

sorry for the uber read and the bad english!

Welcome! Yea it's a good idea to check the player list pretty often heh. When it starts populating, you gotta watch everything you do, every shot you take etc.

Sucks spending so many hours looting only to get killed when you're not expecting it. I like to travel light so if I do get caught up in some BS, they won't get much out of me.

• Like 2

Had a great run today before work, I really wanna test some new content so my experimental body is ready for a new patch already lol :) but I basiclaly traveled alone in the dark and dawn looking for gear and finally ended up getting a trumpet with ammo , dry bag , matching red outfit , some food and canteens , randomly found a cr75 at gorka and am looking for a magazine (so if anyone's Trynta trade later ;) ).... Ended up logging out around gorka after I investigated the shots that echoed through the night ... When Dawn came I decided to call It and head for work haha ... hoping to jump on tonight after work!

• Like 1

taking out a plug would still let the engine run IRL, it would just run like shit cause of misfires. same with battery for a little while i guess before the alternator runs out of juice.

maybe not a bug?

Alternators aren't required to keep a diesel running and don't run out of juice unless you take the cap off an hold them upside down, lol.

If you want to try taking a glow plug out of a running diesel engine I'd happily "hold yer beer and watch that shit".

It's a bug.

http://youtu.be/tiKH48EMgKE 

• Like 2

Alternators aren't required to keep a diesel running and don't run out of juice unless you take the cap off an hold them upside down, lol.

If you want to try taking a glow plug out of a running diesel engine I'd happily "hold yer beer and watch that shit".

It's a bug.

http://youtu.be/tiKH48EMgKE 

guess they work way different than a gas engine. alternator juice is a figure of speech lol

btw is that you in your avatar?

Edited by hooligun

dayz servers down for a whole day, NASA finds earth like planet, coincidence? I think not....

We were all suddenly more productive, when the experimental servers went down ... NASA, included. I submit that there is a common link here. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to recognize that the folks at NASA are huge DayZ fans. It's elementary!

• Like 3

Lootsplosion at the tent where it was happening at Myshkino Tent city before.  Loot distro in the other tents seemed ok, just that one.  Not as crazy in there as before but plenty of UMP mags, 10 rnd clips for the SKS, loose and boxed ammo, butt stocks and hand guards, plus the usual vests and boots..  Craploads of pistol flashlights in that tent too.

Pleasantly surprised there wasn't a character wipe. 

Found a hunting scope for my Carbine!

LSK will repair vests again but not helmets or pouches for the Plate Carrier.

Tried to use the tire kit on a helmet and the pouches, no soap there either.  Hey, never know til you try...

Oh, one more thing, still can't swap hand guards, painted the one on an AK 74 black and it came off, put on a rail but still can't attach a bipod to it.  Haven't found a rifle light, will try that when I do.  Does the SVD take the bipod?

PS  Guard shacks seem to be spawning stuff inside now, not like before, found a Mountain ruck, a jeep cap and a morphine injector.  Can you OD on morphine, in game I mean?

I found a damaged leather sewing kit and I was surprised that it lasted long enough to patch up three items: a mountain pack, a press vest and a riders jacket. The other pleasant surprise was that it repaired each item on the first attempt. In the past, I usually had to make two, or three attempts, before my gear would change to the "worn" status.

Just found a melee weapon I've never seen before, of course I've never been to black mountain, but it's called "flanged mace". Looks like it'll put a hurt'n on someone heh.

The mace was introduced way back, when the sword was. They both look pretty impressive, but the ax(s), sledge and pick ax are still superior, IMHO.

• Like 2

So, guess who's back on Experimental again. :)

I see that Barnabus is on my server, hello there.

Also saw that SepticFalcon, M1NDR and WOBO are streaming together on Experimental. :P