RaptorM60

BETA Status Report - November 28

34 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Actually, if you read it carefully the status report states they won't be doing 0.64, 0.65, etc. as it'll go from 0.63 to 1.0 by the time they're finished adding everything they have planned.

Not quite, but you're not exactly wrong either. The version numbers between 0.63 and 1.0 is arbitrary.

That means they could do any number of 0.XX updates. They don't have to go through every single digit, but they didn't say they'll go straight from one to the other either.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Not quite, but you're not exactly wrong either. The version numbers between 0.63 and 1.0 is arbitrary.

That means they could do any number of 0.XX updates. They don't have to go through every single digit, but they didn't say they'll go straight from one to the other either.

For that matter they might not even make 1.0 actually 1.0.
It's just a build number after all.

Very disappointed that so many features are being pushed past 1.0 (barricading , birds , aerial vehicles, bicycle / motorbike , car modifications) , also extremely disappointed at the pace of the dev team this past year .. we literally had 2 stable patches all year i believe.

I also see them pull that “this year is shaping up to be the best year for dayz” card every year . The final product will be great , sure , but I’m starting to think we will see star citizen at 1.0 before dayz even gets close to it’s 1.0 (that’s a huge burn btw , for those of you living under rocks that don’t get that joke). 

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Beans 1

On 29/11/2017 at 3:06 PM, NotRacistAtAll said:

So, nowadays you'can be only ahater or a fanboy? What happened to all reasonable people with their reasonable worries? :)

PS: You don't know many studios, do you?

I love to answer to potential trollers,

Well, I wasn't talking of the reasonable people here, but I've read a lot of hate everywhere since the SR (and since the beginning of the dev in fact), just look at the comments on twitter...

For a simple reason: Most human beings are just violent p**ce of s**t ;) My own two cents... 

PS: What are you talking about ? I play videogames since 90's... Played the first Operation Flashpoint... And I said "BI is one of the best", not the best... Do yourself a favor and stop judging people... You're bad at it...

You can't deny something on BI, when they make a game (have you played any of their games ? :P), they do it with passion, even if their games are buggy as fuck, they release patches for years after the initial release, they are just dedicated to their game... So yeah, I trust them when they say they are going to finish this game and continue to maintain it after 1.0...

To conclude, you cannot deny neither that they apologized for the mistakes they've made during the dev, and it is their first early access game. I'm not sure they will make another game in early access anymore even if it's a success.

PS²: https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleTriangularSalamanderPRChase  ;)

Edited by idie
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

Fanboi defense of DayZ #4,684...or something...

The misinformation and serious lack of educated posts (mostly elsewhere) surrounding DayZ makes me sad. In 2017, the internet is a treasure trove of information on game development, and how difficult the process can be. As a fellow game dev, I'm lucky enough to jump into engines such as Unreal and/or Unity and just start going to town. Almost every project I've ever worked on didn't have to support multiple version of a game in parallel, while refactoring almost every damn thing. Armed with this knowledge, DayZ devs are fucking heroes IMO for keeping their heads in the game, and pushing forward, when all of them are talented enough to leave and go work at other companies/or projects. But, they don't, because they believe in the END PRODUCT, and being part of team is valuable and rewarding. Game devs are motivated people. You don't make it in this industry unless you are smart, thoughtful, motivated, and like to solve problems. A lot of the problems DayZ is trying to solve, there are no past 'playbooks' to use for reference, these guys/gals are trailblazing some really cool tech, and I for one really appreciate it.

Do I think they've made some bad decisions? Do I think their communication has lacked clarity at times? Of course I do. Most people who paid for DayZ don't give a shit about the minutiae behind game dev. They just want simple explanations and results. Period. But, as someone who has spent time in the production trenches, all games go through some amount and form of dysfunction. Most people just never see the dysfunction. Early Access is a double edged sword.

I also benefit from being a bit older. So through life experiences, I've learned patience and understanding on what's truly important. I've been a younger person, I understand that 3 months can feel like a year, 2 years feel like 5, etc. I understand. I also know there has never been a better time to forget DayZ for a while, play other fantastic games, and return when more progress has been made.

I don't know any of the DayZ devs. I've only heard them speak, and read their words, and played an early skeleton outline of what they want their game to be. I'm very hopeful they will deliver and DayZ will in fact be an amazing game when V1 releases. Plus, being able to modify the game via to modding tools is icing on the cake. On that note, I appreciate how different BI is from other publishers, and the length of rope they have given this team to make something truly unique in the gaming landscape.

Just my 2¢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 15

On 30.11.2017 at 8:19 PM, [Gen]Adzic said:

This wait is and has been painfully long to the point I can't even get excited about the game. Honestly I would rather be a nice constructive member of the community but I feel this development process has turned me into what probably looks like a raging impatient, hater.. I really don't want to be these things nor come across that way, it's a horrible position to be in as a fan of the game.

Yea... i kinda feel the same way about this. I loved the DayZ Mod so much, i played over 1000 hours of Standalone... but this Status Report has finally done it - i don't really care any more either.

Just a reminder:

• v0.59.130861 (10 Dec 2015)

• v0.60.133516 (15 Jun 2016)

• v0.61.136770 (19 Dec 2016)

• v0.62.139835 (07 Jun 2017)  *yes, the forest looks much better now, but except some map changes nothing really happened here

So in two whole years we got 3 major updates? Yes i read every single Status Report and yes i do understand the reasoning behind this development "process". But still... all i feel is disappointment and frustration.
And honestly, by now i have grown to hate reading those Status Reports. "Soon you will be able to play the game we always intended to make", "Once Beta is out, content will be added so much faster", "Look at this juicy SR - so many new informations", "This SR is a big one, sit back and enjoy the read",  "Helicopters, Bicycles, Vehicles, Basebuilding, Electricity, Barricading, new Weapons..."  when all i kinda cared about was a rough release date for the next update or at least any good news.

The reality is: 2,338.7 Average Players in November 2017 with a Peak Playercount of 4,822 (steamcharts.com) - that reflects just what happened with all the people i played with. My real life friends stopped playing DayZ long ago, whats left are 1-2 mates who occasionally care to play a little bit... almost everyone i know has moved on, and i guess so should i. its just so disappointing...

• Beans 2

I feel like @wype, many friends in my Steam circle have gone to other games.

The only thing that keeps me in DayZ are 2 great communities. They try to play with all the stuff we have with the DayZ. It's like a hard core believing in the game and trying to play the game in many variations.

The one of the second communitys makes many exciting and great events, I'm always amazed by the new ideas they put into the world of Chernarus, it starts with hard pvp to funny comedy. The other community plays DayZ as a pure roleplaying platform. They too have a very big commitment to offer the best for the players.

Both communities are in Germany and for German speaking users.

The point I want to point out is this: until DayZ reaches beta status, they will, (and not just these two Germans, no, all the communities that put a lot of effort and work into the project), all of them will take a big (hard) deal.

The servers are freely selectable with Beta and so cheaper. It's weird thing, the server owners will have to give their blood until Beta comes, just so they can carry their hard-earned name. We all have to wait, no question, but it will be very hard for all communities to keep their servers, a heart that has to bleed with money to hope it will pay off.

So I appeal to the team: make all the effort and work of the communities worthwhile. Or take the server owners a step to lower rentsystem, if that works. (I never rented a server, but I was always committed to supporting the servers I visited and I still do it even though I almost do not play anymore).

On 03/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, wype said:

Yea... i kinda feel the same way about this. I loved the DayZ Mod so much, i played over 1000 hours of Standalone... but this Status Report has finally done it - i don't really care any more either.

Just a reminder:

• v0.59.130861 (10 Dec 2015)

• v0.60.133516 (15 Jun 2016)

• v0.61.136770 (19 Dec 2016)

• v0.62.139835 (07 Jun 2017)  *yes, the forest looks much better now, but except some map changes nothing really happened here

So in two whole years we got 3 major updates? Yes i read every single Status Report and yes i do understand the reasoning behind this development "process". But still... all i feel is disappointment and frustration.
And honestly, by now i have grown to hate reading those Status Reports. "Soon you will be able to play the game we always intended to make", "Once Beta is out, content will be added so much faster", "Look at this juicy SR - so many new informations", "This SR is a big one, sit back and enjoy the read",  "Helicopters, Bicycles, Vehicles, Basebuilding, Electricity, Barricading, new Weapons..."  when all i kinda cared about was a rough release date for the next update or at least any good news.

The reality is: 2,338.7 Average Players in November 2017 with a Peak Playercount of 4,822 (steamcharts.com) - that reflects just what happened with all the people i played with. My real life friends stopped playing DayZ long ago, whats left are 1-2 mates who occasionally care to play a little bit... almost everyone i know has moved on, and i guess so should i. its just so disappointing...

It's nice to see someone speaking their mind, thanks.

I play lots of other games yet some here seem to think the "disgruntled" fans among us primarily sit here waiting for DayZ to be finished, nah.. that preconception is nonsense. I'd probably be even angrier if that was the case haha! I think most of the outspoken critics left here and the game a long time ago or simply got scared off by the relentless Alpha horn tooters. Apparently it's fine and dandy to pay for a game 5 years in advance these days, like it's normal.

It's not only the time it's taking either, that gets at me.. it's the whole process from way back then to now, how it's all been handled, all that's been said and done. I've sat here reading, waiting, listening.. for what.. a promise? hope? Having the patience of saints and being thrown the occasional apology is all good and well, but man.. I'm massively disappointed with DayZ. What if after all this time.. the game gets finished.. and I still don't like the game? sheesh, I can't bear to think about it. Ahhh, but there is surely light.. there's always mods I guess.

Edited by [Gen]Adzic
  • Beans 1

On 11/29/2017 at 11:24 AM, themightylc said:

Yeah i caught that, too. Obvious copy/paste error(?) - would love to read, what it was intended to say.

Thanks for noticing this, we fixed it the day after publishing the Status Report. It was quite hectic to put it out, sorry about the occasional typos and wrong CTRL + C / CTRL + V.

And whoa, I got some reading to do - sorry for keeping this thread silent for over a week but there was just too much to handle :) I'll start talking to @eugenharton and we'll get you some answers!

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 4

On 12/2/2017 at 2:29 AM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

This is actually a correct assumption, right now, our plans are 0.63 Experimental, 0.63 Stable (= BETA) and 1.0. All that's in between is just different 0.63 builds, but no 0.64 etc.

• Beans 2

6 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

This is actually a correct assumption, right now, our plans are 0.63 Experimental, 0.63 Stable (= BETA) and 1.0. All that's in between is just different 0.63 builds, but no 0.64 etc.

Cool, good to know. Thanks!

22 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

And whoa, I got some reading to do - sorry for keeping this thread silent for over a week but there was just too much to handle :) I'll start talking to @eugenharton and we'll get you some answers!

Thank you very much!

No intermediate updates yet. Only silence.

Why not give the people on this forum a micro update? - We just want to know Dayz is moving forward.

15 minutes ago, Troll_Hunter said:

No intermediate updates yet. Only silence.

Why not give the people on this forum a micro update? - We just want to know Dayz is moving forward.

Should be a new/last 2017 SR tomorrow though.

• Beans 2

On 8.12.2017 at 9:37 PM, Gadget_97 said:

I thought you had forgotten us.

They forgot us afterall.

• Beans 1

We'd love to follow up with an open Q&A on our forums, where I and our community team will do our best to answer your questions regarding any specific features or content.

18 days later: NOTHING. Yea, you love your community...

I'm sorry to be harsh but there is an issue. Don't make this type of proposal if you haven't the time or if you don't really want. 

Hello!

I would really appreciate it if you could answer our questions before christmas :) I know you have a lot of work to do, but if it is possible please stop working on your current task and take a moment to answer here :)

Cheers and have a nice holiday!

Hi all...Just do what I did.

Step away from the forums, and especially the Devs' Status Reports. (Yes, here I am...posting...but just a quick troll or two doesn't count IMHO ;-) )

I still mess around in Chenarus, and await signs of the BETA....but I decided to try ignoring the frustrating nonsense coming from the studio these days.

Amazingly, when you put distance between you, (the gamer), and them, (the Devs) reporting through their "Status Reports", the SA is still fun, and as long as I don't let myself get baited with false alarms, missed deadlines, and broken promises I will endure. The same is true for most of you too, I bet.

Enjoy your Holidays!

On 12/19/2017 at 2:38 PM, plasma (DayZ) said:

If they don't talk about it long enough, it will just go away ;)

Yes until someone starts linking the old status reports, or timelines lol

• Like 1