SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Okay, so, checking the timestamps of my screenshots, we put some shoes, a mag, and a rifle on the floor and 1 hour and 2 minutes later, without having been interacted with, the items are still there. Bodies from around the same time persisted about as long too (I eventually skinned them so I forget the time).

Has anyone else made note of this? When did they increase the despawn timer for items and bodies?

On 20.7.2016 at 1:34 PM, Mookie (original) said:

I've never found low chances of finding an M4 (especially) at a crash site a disincentive. In some previous patches (eg the one where crash sites only worked on persistence off servers), the chances were extremely low, but I kept up my little slog around Green Mountain and Lopatino...

The probability of finding M4s during the two weeks after the stable release of the patch seemed very high (probably too high) to me.

Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of mindless heli runs, but in the end it just feels more like a "keep you busy" kind of thing.

The one thing I am most curious about? How would a somewhat finalized version of Dayz actually play? So much of this forum is people stating their wishes for the game or speculating for its future.

Like, how would a typical play session be like?

4 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Like, how would a typical play session be like?

much, very much slower then now. try it for yourself, join as freshspawn at night on an privatserver.

don´t use cans/sodas and don´t use spamming f at appletrees. after ten minutes your flare will be burned out and you are unable to see 3 m far, horrible if you spawn in towns with zeds.

its an absolutly other game feeling

Question: With the new player controller and animations, chambering animations, reloading animations, etc, will the coupled 30 round STANAG mag eventually have it's own animation for reloading/quick reload? Since 0.28 I've always been bothered by the mag having it's bullets magically teleporting from the 2nd mag to the chamber. About 7 or 8 months ago there was an announcement in the dev blog that a 100 rounds c-mag (double 50 round drum each side) would be added. My thought was that it was to temporarily replace the coupled mag until it gets it's own animation, or fixed.

It makes no sense to continuously fire 60 rounds when one of the 30 rounds mag isn't even loaded in the weapon. I always thought they were gonna remove it.

• Like 3

Today I was looting up Novy Sobor and went to one of the abandoned cars (one of my favorite places to loot) and saw a sedan tire in the inventory, I thought it was strange because I didn't see it on the ground, I backed up, looked at the car and sure enough IT WAS ATTACHED TO THE CAR. So I guess abandoned cars now have a chance to spawn workable wheels which I think is awesome!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, wasnu said:

much, very much slower then now. try it for yourself, join as freshspawn at night on an privatserver.

don´t use cans/sodas and don´t use spamming f at appletrees. after ten minutes your flare will be burned out and you are unable to see 3 m far, horrible if you spawn in towns with zeds.

its an absolutly other game feeling

You mean static car wrecks? That is in fact absolutely awesome and I really hope for more of that kind of stuff.

Can you aim a bow indefinitely right now?

A bow can only been drawn and aimed properly for a short period of time.

We need a finite window for aiming a hand drawn bow before the character drops his arms and you have to reset, like a type of stamina.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2016 at 7:45 PM, Kohlbar said:

YOU KICKED S3V3N??? S3V3N?!?!?!??!?! This is an outrage!!!! *kicks desk* nah but forreal I liked s3v3n and it kinda sucks if he got kicked for criticizing the game. Bon voyage or should I say Auf Wiedersehen :(

As with stand-up comedy, when you engage in criticism, your delivery is critical. If you do not wish to be ignored ... or worse, choose carefully the tone and vocabulary that you employ. Truly effective criticism is an art that most fail to master.

I do not claim to be a master of the art, but I recognize it when I see it.

• Like 6

To the server hopper logging in on the sniper tower at the NWAF, YOU’RE WELCOME.  I was going to take you to dead-town but decided to give you a reprieve. It was comical that you were stuck up there with nowhere to hide but since I was feeling generous, I didn’t pull the trigger. I was the guy that ran from the barracks to the officer’s hut below you but prior to that I had my scope on your gas mask while you were frozen in the login. That’s a stupid place to log out but if you’re looking for a rifle it’s a good place to find one.  

Edited by Judged_Guitly
grammer

7 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

To the server hopper logging in on the sniper tower of the NWAF, YOU’RE WELCOME.  I was going to take you to dead-town but decided to give you a reprieve. It was comical that you were stuck up there with nowhere to hide but since I was feeling generous, I didn’t pull the trigger. I was the guy that ran from the barracks to the officer’s hut below you but prior to that I had my scope on your gas mask while you were frozen in the login. That’s a stupid place to log out but if you’re looking for a rifle it’s a good place to find one.  

What's the trick, now, for finding out the names of the other players on your server?

The new UI killed the "P" option.

In hindsight, not knowing how many players are on a server is interesting because it adds a bit of uncertainty to those who generally stay on the same ones. I am now doing that and sometimes the server is apparently barren...and other times I stumble into a busy server and have to crawl my way off into the woods.

But in situations like this one, it would be nice to know who it MIGHT have been...right?

4 minutes ago, philbur said:

What's the trick, now, for finding out the names of the other players on your server?

Steam overlay, view players. Also various external websites.

19 minutes ago, philbur said:

The new UI killed the "P" option.

In hindsight, not knowing how many players are on a server is interesting because it adds a bit of uncertainty to those who generally stay on the same ones. I am now doing that and sometimes the server is apparently barren...and other times I stumble into a busy server and have to crawl my way off into the woods.

But in situations like this one, it would be nice to know who it MIGHT have been...right?

I use Dayzspy and the steam overlay but I have found Dayzspy connectivity is unreliable. Steam overlay gives steam name and Dayzspy gives ingame name. I read that you can use Rt Shift+P but all I get is a blank template. Looks like it could be a place holder.

you can use any of the server trackers for ingame names

21 hours ago, Buakaw said:

You mean static car wrecks? That is in fact absolutely awesome and I really hope for more of that kind of stuff.

Yeah it was on one of the static crashed cars. I was astounded because me and my friends had talked about how that should be a thing and boom there it is lol, still waiting for more people to confirm this, but I know what I saw. I KNOW WHAT I SAW!!!

@BleedoutBill, True, but I don't exactly expect a forum to have a bunch of "masters of the art of criticism" in it. In any case, S3V3n should've probably taken a chill pill. I'd rather this game take longer than expected than be forced to come out with shit content to meet a deadline.

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:29 PM, geoffdeath said:

Seems he was right

no one cared he is gone 

what's that I hear is it the smallest violin in the world playing just for him

roll on the beta when it's ready

sry mods I'm a bad bad man who could not resist

At least two of us care that he's gone. He was a good poster here.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

At least two of us care that he's gone. He was a good poster here.

I agree, The last thing this community needs, in its declining popularity, is to drive away members. Especially those who inspire conversation. I hope to see him back at the table when things get a bit more stabilized. 

• Like 1

Let's not belabor this business too much.

I think he "left" on his own.

I enjoyed some of his content related to his RP adventures but I never really understood his views on DayZ dev.

Anyway.

He is not banned and any discussion on moderation actions is not open to,,,, discussion, you are all off-topic.

Read his post, he has certainly reaped that which he sowed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Yeah it was on one of the static crashed cars. I was astounded because me and my friends had talked about how that should be a thing and boom there it is lol, still waiting for more people to confirm this, but I know what I saw. I KNOW WHAT I SAW!!!

@BleedoutBill, True, but I don't exactly expect a forum to have a bunch of "masters of the art of criticism" in it. In any case, S3V3n should've probably taken a chill pill. I'd rather this game take longer than expected than be forced to come out with shit content to meet a deadline.

Can anyone confirm this doe? :O Dayz needs to be like this more, finding loot where you would realistically expect it to be in a scenario like that.

5 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Can anyone confirm this doe? :O Dayz needs to be like this more, finding loot where you would realistically expect it to be in a scenario like that.

I saw a bus wheel that at least looked like it was attached to a static truck in the far north today. It was the wrong wheel for the vehicle, but it looked like someone had the right thing in mind. I didn't try to get it off, so not sure if it would have required a lug wrench or not.

• Like 1

Just stumbled across two of this obviously newly added wheel-spawns on static wrecks that Kohlbar mentioned. Both pretty much next to each other at one of the bus-workshops (or whatever they are) up in Tisy. Pretty nice, me thinks!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007564773/screenshots/

(Sorry, haven´t posted for Ages and can´t remeber how to properly post pics. Is this visable for you guys now? So confused...)

Edited by Haviland
incompetence/confusion
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Haviland said:

Just stumbled across two of this obviously newly added wheel-spawns on static wrecks that Kohlbar mentioned. Both pretty much next to each other at one of the bus-workshops (or whatever they are) up in Tisy. Pretty nice, me thinks!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007564773/screenshots/

(Sorry, haven´t posted for Ages and can´t remeber how to properly post pics. Is this visable for you guys now? So confused...)

I think you meant to post this http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/272850349793987232/A346A5BAFC536268C117DAAE078EDC5494E4074D/

loving this addition a lot.

• Like 1

Ok crashed my 4*4 into a tree stump and the windscreen shattered.  I don't mind that happening, but they could at least then give you the option of removing the windscreen so it is easy to see again.