SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

17 hours ago, General Zod said:

I'm stuck in a tent, the bodies of infected block the exit.

221100_20160807201923_1.png

Way to go guys. Same shit happened to me long time ago. 

you can hide the bodies.  stand back though - I've had legs broken from standing too close to bodies as they sunk into the ground after selecting 'hide body'.

and also, lol you fired a gun in the middle of zombieville.  silly bugger.

@General Zod

Seriously, why don't you have the knowledge given to us through the status reports and other information outlets to understand that the new player controller incoming will likely fix bodies blocking player movement.... you know, rather than making a jab at the ill perceived lack of quality of the hard working devs who are making the game you love so much. If this truly bothered you this much you should have the wherewithal to follow the issues closely, right? Maybe making mature and insightful suggestions to the devs in the proper threads whenever you get the chance; that would be a productive/constructive use of your energy.

If most people dedicated as much effort to following and comprehending the development path as they do to playing a completely broken and feature poor non-DayZ ALPHA title they might understand a little about what's on the horizon and why things are done in a specific order.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

@General Zod

Seriously, why don't you have the knowledge given to us through the status reports and other information outlets to understand that the new player controller incoming will likely fix bodies blocking player movement.... you know, rather than making a jab at the ill perceived lack of quality of the hard working devs who are making the game you love so much. If this truly bothered you this much you should have the wherewithal to follow the issues closely, right? Maybe making mature and insightful suggestions to the devs in the proper threads whenever you get the chance; that would be a productive/constructive use of your energy.

If most people dedicated as much effort to following and comprehending the development path as they do to playing a completely broken and feature poor non-DayZ ALPHA title they might understand a little about what's on the horizon and why things are done in a specific order.

Steady Bio. He's just feeling a little salty. No harm done, surely?

I do agree with you about the rip-off titles (and even their logos...) though.

46 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

Steady Bio. He's just feeling a little salty. No harm done, surely?

I do agree with you about the rip-off titles (and even their logos...) though.

It's unfounded saltiness that would be easily sated if he was current on some pretty well known dev news....

Way more people take jabs at the devs than defend them because their understanding of the process is incomplete.

Whose fault is that?

• Like 1

Things I'm not seeing but would really like to:

Izh shotgun or rifle... weird as a couple weeks ago they were around.

PU scopes. M44 compensators are as common as dirt though.

CZ527 mags, even in those times when unicorns were everywhere, these have always been vanishingly rare.

Oh and thermometers.

Edited by ebrim

9 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

you can hide the bodies.  stand back though - I've had legs broken from standing too close to bodies as they sunk into the ground after selecting 'hide body'.

and also, lol you fired a gun in the middle of zombieville.  silly bugger.

The option hide the bodies was not available inside that tent. It's not like I got this game last night and complain about something that could be fixed that easily. I tried crawling, jumping over you name it. Nothing works. 

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

@General Zod

You know why I am not up to date with this game ? Because just like a lot of people here I too am getting tired of waiting for it get close to being finished, however instead of complaining I took a long break. Six months long break because the 0.60 was taking ages. Now I'm back after this big wondrous patch and I find the same issues I had a year ago. And while I am not joining the I want my money back club just yet. It is upsetting that since I got the game on 19th December 2013 so little progress have been made, it was around  v 0.30 when I got it. It's not the lack of quality that makes take a jab at the devs it's the pace at which the quality is coming to this game. And now it's almost 3 months since 0.60 and still nothing apart from minor hot fixes. Are we going to have to wait another 6 months for 0.61. In which case this game will be out by 2020. 

I was making mature and insightful suggestion long before we got this new forum, both on the forum itself and the dev tracker. I also made a lot of post defending this game from all the people complaining about it being full of bugs because it's alpha. But it's been alpha for longer than it takes people to get a degree. So don't give me the development path speech because I waited 8 months before my last visit here and the post where I complain about things. If that's not patience and understanding than nothing is. 

1 hour ago, ebrim said:

CZ527 mags, even in those times when unicorns were everywhere, these have always been vanishingly rare.

Oh and thermometers.

PU scopes are on the watch towers around military bases. Tonnes of them in fact. But if were on this subject I'd like to add that m4 parts; most notably suppressors are commonly found in much better condition than their soviet counter parts which are mainly damaged or badly damaged whereas every nato suppressor I found was pristine. Stop the eastern suppressor discrimination. 

And just to make things worse instead of "give beans" we have some social media style "like this" with heart. Now that's being salty. Dealwithit.jpg

Edited by General Zod

On 7/8/2016 at 4:02 AM, S3V3N said:

I am starting to think 0.61 must be a much bigger patch than anticipated. First of all there is the stuff that clearly isn't working - like the medical system/temperature. In any other game I know there would be a number of hotfixes, until the problem is fixed. Then there are the performance issues with vehicles, chopper loot spawning in barracks and similar small things. Then the performance issue with rain, desync etc. It's weird how the Dayz devs always opt to solve everything in one big patch that takes forever, instead of tackling the problems in small but meaningfull fixes. I don't even play Dayz even more, until I am sure this is changing. Found my new love in Miscreated. 

Don't you guys get it they are making a new game out of the old game , why fix the old stuff when it's going to be replaced anyhow. IF they have to fix the old stuff for you the new game will take longer to finish for you to play .

.60 is the start of the new dayz standalone.

i made this post a wile back but didn't post it until now , i'm 76 years old if i can wait then you guys can also wait. in effect .60 is starting over in making dayz standalone . 

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Don't you guys get it they are making a new game out of the old game ,why fix the old stuff when it's going to be replaced anyhow. IF they have to fix the old stuff for you the new game will take longer to finish for you to play .

.60 is the start of the new dayz standalone.

So the new release date is sometime 2020 ? Also the smaller patches would people engaged rather than people saying they will take a long break (like I did) because nothing happens to the game in 6 months. 

i just stated my understanding of why it's taking longer to finish the game. they are letting us play the game in the mean time so it's up to the player if he or she wants to play it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ebrim said:

Oh and thermometers.

I have a thermometer if you'd like it....

Bio and Zod, let's please not repeat these arguments. We've all been here before. I have the warning point to prove it.

1 hour ago, ebrim said:

Don't quote me, but I swear I saw a couple in the tan booths inside Myshkino tents. Also I'm pretty sure they still spawn in cars. Cars are one of my favorite looting spots by far, I wish they'd make all broken down vehicles (especially tanks) lootable again

Edited by Kohlbar

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

-snip-

You know why I am not up to date with this game ? Because just like a lot of people here I too am getting tired of waiting for it get close to being finished, however instead of complaining I took a long break. Six months long break because the 0.60 was taking ages. Now I'm back after this big wondrous patch and I find the same issues I had a year ago. And while I am not joining the I want my money back club just yet. It is upsetting that since I got the game on 19th December 2013 so little progress have been made, it was around  v 0.30 when I got it. It's not the lack of quality that makes take a jab at the devs it's the pace at which the quality is coming to this game. And now it's almost 3 months since 0.60 and still nothing apart from minor hot fixes. Are we going to have to wait another 6 months for 0.61. In which case this game will be out by 2020. 

I was making mature and insightful suggestion long before we got this new forum, both on the forum itself and the dev tracker. I also made a lot of post defending this game from all the people complaining about it being full of bugs because it's alpha. But it's been alpha for longer than it takes people to get a degree. So don't give me the development path speech because I waited 8 months before my last visit here and the post where I complain about things. If that's not patience and understanding than nothing is. 

-snip-

I know you have contributed well to DayZ and this is why I was perplexed at what I saw as a sideways jab at the devs.

I have taken 6 months off in the past due to my own frustrations and am currently on a 2 month break as well. I have personally prepared myself for DayZ running a full year past the projected release date BUT all indications are that once all the major modules are in and the rest of content and optimization begins we will see exponential progress compared to how it seems now (though meanwhile the progress has been basically the same only we don't see the work in builds yet).

Through vacations, holidays, long breaks from the game, and other interruptions in actual play time, I still take the time to follow the status reports, the official build threads, and *shudder* - twitter as well.

This keeps me up to date with progress and announcements, and keeps my little spark of hope alive, and when we are all playing 6-12 hour days again and posting every few hours I will be able to engage the topics with a perfectly up to date knowledge base.

If you watch the Q&A from Peter that dropped today you will find he addresses just this problem, a major amount of negative static from people who aren't seeing the internal work on the modules that will completely overhaul DayZ game play likely solving many legacy bugs in one fell swoop (while likely creating new bugs).

All that being said, if you are someone who has 1,000's of hours in DayZ that is a sure sign of dedication and it would only make sense to devote some of that DayZ related energy into being well informed about.... DayZ.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

i just stated my understanding of why it's taking longer to finish the game. they are letting us play the game in the mean time so it's up to the player if he or she wants to play it. 

That is if you ignore the influx of money they got while "allowing us to play the game in the meantime" or the all the life testing we do, bugs, balance and ideas are all tested by a massive amount of people who help the devs with game making progress. The side effect is having to deal with our complains but I'd say it's a fair trade. 

Also I do have one of them Cr mags and like Kohlbar said found it in Myshkino. 

2 hours ago, ebrim said:

Oh and thermometers.

oh wow I just threw away like 6 of the 527 mags (making room at camp, tossed a lot of stuff).  still have 4 - I can give you a couple.  message me.

had an izh rifle too but tossed it.  haven't seen the double-barrel shotgun in ages.

Anyone had any luck finding Glock 19 ? Found a lot of mags for it but not a single gun. 

4 hours ago, General Zod said:

Anyone had any luck finding Glock 19 ? Found a lot of mags for it but not a single gun. 

I currently have one of those too

55 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

I currently have one of those too

Where did you find it ? I threw away all the mags since I got FNX45 with 4 mags, now looking for suppressors. But for the future. 

Also how does every handgun in the game kills zeds with one shot to any body part, but AK74 takes 2-3 ?

Edited by General Zod

9 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Where did you find it ? I threw away all the mags since I got FNX45 with 4 mags, now looking for suppressors. But for the future. 

Also how does every handgun in the game kills zeds with one shot to any body part, but AK74 takes 2-3 ?

Really? Used to be that only .45 or 357 rounds would do that. Perhaps I'm out of date.

Glocks spawn for me in green guardhouses btw, though I prefer FNX. 

48 minutes ago, General Zod said:

police station, where they always are (though not as often as before)

2 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

police station, where they always are (though not as often as before)

Well I found a lot mags in there but not a single actual gun. 

3 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Really? Used to be that only .45 or 357 rounds would do that. Perhaps I'm out of date.

Glocks spawn for me in green guardhouses btw, though I prefer FNX. 

What green guard houses ?

6 hours ago, General Zod said:

I have reliably found the glock spawning in the green guard shack at the entrance of the long barn compound in Novy Sobor. The last 4 or 5 times I went by there I've seen them and CR75's. Sometimes multiple of each and sometimes with suppressors.

Edited by Judged_Guitly
addition

Best green guard shack on the coast is in Kamenka.  Just out of zone 1, that thing is always packed with RAKs, MP5Ks, and handguns.  No one ever seems to go to Kamenka, even though it has a helicopter crash site.

• Like 1