SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

can´t find it but i am sure its was an answer from hicks in the last status report.

he said, barrels and ammo/protection boxes stay 8 days without interaction, its enough to see them in your vincinity screen.

this does not work for tents, so they increase the tent despawn timer to 45 days.

backpacks/wetbags stay 4 hours

most of the rest 30 minutes.

but who knows if this is up2date

The issue with barrels for me (and for one or two others recently) is not their theoretical persistence values, but specific server persistence resets. Something like this has wiped out at least one of my main stashes at least once in 0.60, and may well have done the same for the MILN's, as well as Red's public camp.

We've always known that servers going dark or resetting in this way was a fundamental problem, and the only way around it is to spread your stashes around as many servers as possible.

On 8/20/2016 at 0:21 PM, wasnu said:

can´t find it but i am sure its was an answer from hicks in the last status report.

he said, barrels and ammo/protection boxes stay 8 days without interaction, its enough to see them in your vincinity screen.

this does not work for tents, so they increase the tent despawn timer to 45 days.

backpacks/wetbags stay 4 hours

most of the rest 30 minutes.

but who knows if this is up2date

Did he say it was implemented or were they considering it?  If this supposed to be in affect my barrels will despawn in eight days without interaction. I have several barrels that I've not visited in a few days. I'll avoid them and get back to you at the end of the week. 

I found a note in Novy Sobor the other night. Long time since that last happened.

9PkTJBq.png

I wouldn't think much of it, but I then moved through Stary and on to the Veresnik compound looking for archery apparel, and found the same note placed in the barracks there—only this time, someone had added more text. I would like to find something more meaningful in a note, maybe the location of some in-game object, but I'll take what I can get.

jfeBHiN.jpg

The worst thing about this patch is the Shadowplay glitch. That needs to be a priority for 0.61. 

I made some nice bow shots on a dozen or so zeds... nothing impressive, but I was pleased that I managed to land killing head shots with my first arrow in all but two cases. But despite carefully using Alt+Tab, all my footage turned out almost completely black.

This, I think, was quite a nice "cold-bow" shot on a walking zombie. I was pleased I was able to visualize the trajectory and drop it into his head first try... now, if only I could see it... and this is after color curve and contrast fix.

I played DayZ for an hour the other day on a full pop, held someone up for their food, gave them a plate carrier and smoke grenade I found at a nearby heli crash and then looted up myshkino and logged out NE of Myshkino town. Today, I log in and find that adventure was erased and I was back at Green Mountain, cold with no food. I say whatever and make my way to Vybor. 40 minutes later I'm looting up Vybor for food and pistols supplies when the server crashes. I'm now back at Green Mountain. Fuuuuuuck this server gltich is annoying. Just completely rekt my mood to play, lol.

8 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I played DayZ for an hour the other day on a full pop, held someone up for their food, gave them a plate carrier and smoke grenade I found at a nearby heli crash and then looted up myshkino and logged out NE of Myshkino town. Today, I log in and find that adventure was erased and I was back at Green Mountain, cold with no food. I say whatever and make my way to Vybor. 40 minutes later I'm looting up Vybor for food and pistols supplies when the server crashes. I'm now back at Green Mountain. Fuuuuuuck this server gltich is annoying. Just completely rekt my mood to play, lol.

Does anyone know if this bug is universal? Or only on an unlucky few servers?

Lag is now very, very bad on some of my favorite servers - to the extent that the UI is almost unusable. Certainly the first five or ten minutes of play on any new server is a very stuttering, frustrating experience.

Have you tried obs gews?  Is free and has been recording well for me so far.  That is qhen i remember to start recording...

So make my way to myshinko tents the other day but no time to loot so i log out in trees.  Log in last night and try to move up to scout for danger but i hear 2 shots and run for cover.  The  then i see him run past me and i light him up.  1 down.

I notice someone standing in the field north of the tents and assume its the other guys buddy.  Single shot...... 2 down.

Go back to third person to find someone crouched behind me with rope and someone about to swing an axe.  Back up and squeeze trigger... 3 and 4 down.

Finally i am safe to loot.  Run down to tents and begin looting and after a tent or 2 server restarts.  Why was i stupid enough to logg backin.  Pussys reset the server to roll back their deaths.  When i logged back in they were alive again amd waiting.  Almost got away by zigzagging across field to other treeline but theu dropped me right before the trees.

Normally i dont mind dying as it lets me start again and thats what dayz is all about.  But this time..... wtf.  They should change it so that when the admin resets the server it waits 5 or 10 mins after they click before the reset.  This would stop server reset abuse.  At least to avoid dying.  

Thinking back i should have shouted hello.  I didnt hear any impacts with the enitial shots.  They were probly shootin zeds.  Maybe theyda been friendly.  Still tho.....

On 20/08/2016 at 5:08 PM, Judged_Guitly said:

That’s an interesting thought. Can you provide a link to where you read that? I’d like to do a little follow up to determine credibility otherwise it just sounds like scuttle.

I did check my experimental barrels using only the vicinity screen and under this guise all my barrels should still remain (barring no other player interaction), but around the 45 day mark they started disappearing.  Another note that I forgot to add is that some of these barrels were set next to other barrels which I did interact with and remained.

As I said in my earlier posts, nothing is a guarantee. I’m only posting the results of what I tested but since I don’t want to bring a negative perspective without first engage the idea, after reading your post I took a backpack and a waterproof bag and set them down to test. Under the assumption of what you read I kept checking the items only using the vicinity screen. If barrels and tents re-set through this manor, I can only assume backpacks would as well. They did not.  

It could be possible that the vicinity screen resets barrels but it would take another 45 days to test this theory which I’m not willing to do under this patch. I’m sure the community would welcome your results if you were to choose and run an experiment for science.  Thanks in advance.

Here it is where I read it:

On 27/07/2016 at 8:35 PM, wasnu said:

i agree with many things eno, but hicks said, you don´t have to move items in your barrel to reset the timer. you only have to see it in your inv. window

it´s enough to see the barrel in your inventory window. this works like intended and barrels stay exactly 8 days without viewing them in your inv. screen.

tested it and it works, like hicks said.

P.D. my bad I didn't see Wasnu already replied :P

Edited by Wili

6 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Does anyone know if this bug is universal? Or only on an unlucky few servers?

Lag is now very, very bad on some of my favorite servers - to the extent that the UI is almost unusable. Certainly the first five or ten minutes of play on any new server is a very stuttering, frustrating experience.

I was on Get Geared or Die Trying first and then Pimpsy's... both did it, in fact all full pop servers I've been in have been doing it recently. I dunno if the low pops are affected by it, wouldn't be surprised if somehow they were exempt. *angry sarcastic face*

Was playing with a friend of mine.  Got some basic gear nothing fancy but were able to find each other.  Then server reset.  When we logged back in we were naked in vybor.  Have heard of it but never seen it.  Lost everything but we were in a good spot to get new gear and were still together at least so we went into the cop shop.  Of corse on the way out of building i experienced yet another bug i have been lucky enough to not see.  I died walking on the stairs.  To be honest i figured these were fixed cuz id never seen them.  Definately game breaking.  

On 13.8.2016 at 3:22 AM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Aaaaaaaand back again.  No matter how many breaks i take.  No matter how salty i shal get.  Dayz is the game for me.  There is just nothing else that gets me as connected to the character im playing.  My heart litterally races when i see another player or hear shots fired.  Cant wait to see what .61 has in store.

Upgraded net service and was curios if it would make a difference and it definitely did.  So much smoother.  Was gone for at least 3 weeks and when i made my way over to skaliski island our tent was still there.   Packed it up and went for the mainland just gotta find a new spot to set up.  Kinda glad no one wanted to go in on a server as i woulda missed so much.

Never fixed a car and was thinkin of givin it a go tonight.  I know persistance is working but does anyone know if they fixed vehicles teleporting during restart?  Does it still happen if you are driving during restart?

Aye, how many hours you got? ^^

@-Gews-

I can also recommend plays.tv if shadowplay bugs out for you

Edited by Buakaw

Only a bit over 300.  Nowhere near the thousands people speak of on here but is probly 80 to 90 percent of my gaming time in the last couple years.  Young children make it hard to find time.  Still set up a night a couple times a month where i can get on for a good 6 or 8 hour gaming sesh while everyone is asleep.  Thank god for caffeine or the day afters would be awful.

Played on 60, 40, and 30 pop servers all full today and didn't get the server glitch of character reverting back to previous log-in state. I was on a full 40 pop server while it crashed, logged into a different server and character was right where it left off. The server still acted weird right before crashing, lots of rubber banding, doors took time to show the interact icon, followed by crash. The terrible lose your last play session or spawn naked at Vybor glitch might be gone. Overall server performance on a full 30 pop was still a bit off, eating took about 5 seconds to register after the animation was complete. Oh and I found Winchester ammo in a Gas station!

So i wanna set up a small fishing camp with one tent and see how long i can go inland without seeing survivors.  Any advice on fishing spots inland away from the coast?

On 26.8.2016 at 10:11 PM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

So i wanna set up a small fishing camp with one tent and see how long i can go inland without seeing survivors.  Any advice on fishing spots inland away from the coast?

A late reply but I really like the fishing spot north west of Polesovo. It's one of the fake river beds in the middle of the forest (coordinates are 51/13 on izurvive). The water is hard to spot so just follow the ditch. There is also a small lake north east of this position.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  Checked it out on izurvive and looks like a great spot will give it a go.  Also gives me a reason to explore the north of the map.  Embarrassed to say i have never been up there.  

12 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Thanks for the reply.  Checked it out on izurvive and looks like a great spot will give it a go.  Also gives me a reason to explore the north of the map.  Embarrassed to say i have never been up there.  

I really enjoy surviving/travelling in this area. It's really nice up there with the steep hills up north to Stary Yar and some really interesting villages. The terrain is so different to the south and this is a nice change. Most of the time you don't meet anybody in this area since most people just travel west along the highway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

But i bet the people you do see bring much better interaction.  No one travels that far for pvp

Except at the Tisy base. Just as hostile as other military bases. But you should def spend some time in the north. If you want to do the hermit/survivor playstyle. the north is the place to be. I'd say go even further north and find some pond on izurvive and setup camp there. May still want to hide tent as there are wanderers that may find it.

Also check out sinistock (northwest part of map), it's a pretty cool village with a pond and house at the dead end road. 

• Like 1

Well after a lot of time getting cars up and running I see they haven't rely fixed the reset on them when you leave them in one spot for a day or two.  The longest I have seen a car in one place after I trashed it on a fence and it just would not start with pristine items and a Jerry can full of fuel was 3 days lol.

Well that's me for .60.  Lost all my stash as the server I had been playing on has gone and the server I moved to whilst I was weighting to see if my original on was coming back is full of kosers.  Time to chill until .61 comes out.

13 minutes ago, Fing said:

Well that's me for .60.  Lost all my stash as the server I had been playing on has gone and the server I moved to whilst I was weighting to see if my original on was coming back is full of kosers.  Time to chill until .61 comes out.

Yes the "reallocation of server identity" problem and PUBLIC SERVER continuity never DID get sorted at all did it? Like +100% totally NOT sorted. And will NEVER be. DayZ is moving towards total Private Severs - and then towards total Modding Private Servers - and then to Extinction.  Look back at the intense discussions on this subject from more than a year ago (the first time th tipic was permitted) and see how the MANY comments and dev replies just FADE away. The popular game DayZ took a misstep way back then and fell off a cliff. Bohemia decided formally to let it go that way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fing said:

Exact same thing just happen to me. Yesterday the whitelisted server I've been playing on went tits up.  My whole camp like ashes in the wind. I was on a personal mission to collect every item in game and in pristine condition, which is not an easy task on a private server. Countless hours wasted and now its back to public servers and offensive maneuvers. It was nice to run around Chernarus meeting other people without the worry of getting shot on site. I'm now in the process of submitting new applications to other whitlisted servers. Hope I find a good one. 

Played a little today after a week, and I must say the new Izh and SKS rifle sounds are awesome. I played on the Green Crack server and the only big issue I had was that my health statuses weren't changing. Only certain servers do this and I think Green Crack is one of them that has been like that the whole patch almost. Maybe it has something to do with it being a day-only server? I don't know if those timers are connected but just something I thought about.

I abandoned what's left of my stash, going stash-free til .61

Edited by Kohlbar

Hmm had the 1pp server I played on turn into 3pp. That military tent was the longest lasting tent I have had yet. I guess I am going to use that spot from now on. It's not close to anything in the middle of no where and I guess the only way you would find it is if you were lost and happened to be looking just the right way through the trees when you past by. It is kinda hard to find and a couple times I thought it was gone until I figured out that I was lost. It's hard to choose what to carry, when you have to make sure you carry everything. Two rifles or 1 rifle and a backpack in hand, you sure can't fire back when someone starts spraying at you when you have a backpack in your hands.