SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Best green guard shack on the coast is in Kamenka.  Just out of zone 1, that thing is always packed with RAKs, MP5Ks, and handguns.  No one ever seems to go to Kamenka, even though it has a helicopter crash site.

Until now.

See you there, I hope you're gonna wear your brown pants. 

• Like 1

Anybody find any .308 lately? It's so hard keeping a FAL fed...

Edit: Also just wanted to mention I shot someone in the head with a FAL the other day and he went unconscious... While it seems like there wouldn't be much head left after a .308 went through it, I'm still glad that headshots in DayZ don't equal instant kill. It's one of the only games I know that has that and I hope that stays with the new damage system. In real life I've heard a considerable percentage of headshots are not fatal...

Edited by Kohlbar

On 2016-08-09 at 10:34 PM, Parazight said:

Best green guard shack on the coast is in Kamenka.  Just out of zone 1, that thing is always packed with RAKs, MP5Ks, and handguns.  No one ever seems to go to Kamenka, even though it has a helicopter crash site.

SHHHHHH!

12 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I found a box just this morning.

12 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Edit: Also just wanted to mention I shot someone in the head with a FAL the other day and he went unconscious... While it seems like there wouldn't be much head left after a .308 went through it, I'm still glad that headshots in DayZ don't equal instant kill. It's one of the only games I know that has that and I hope that stays with the new damage system. In real life I've heard a considerable percentage of headshots are not fatal...

Just out of interest, was he wearing any headgear? And if so, what was it?

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

Just out of interest, was he wearing any headgear? And if so, what was it?

Thanks

Yes, I've been hearing weird things about it, too. He was wearing a Boonie hat. I've survived headshots twice on this patch, both times with baseball hats.

52 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

I found a box just this morning.

wheeeere....? :D

33 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

wheeeere....? :D

cupboard shelf in a house

Aaaaaaaand back again.  No matter how many breaks i take.  No matter how salty i shal get.  Dayz is the game for me.  There is just nothing else that gets me as connected to the character im playing.  My heart litterally races when i see another player or hear shots fired.  Cant wait to see what .61 has in store.

Upgraded net service and was curios if it would make a difference and it definitely did.  So much smoother.  Was gone for at least 3 weeks and when i made my way over to skaliski island our tent was still there.   Packed it up and went for the mainland just gotta find a new spot to set up.  Kinda glad no one wanted to go in on a server as i woulda missed so much.

Never fixed a car and was thinkin of givin it a go tonight.  I know persistance is working but does anyone know if they fixed vehicles teleporting during restart?  Does it still happen if you are driving during restart?

• Like 1

Last time i played i made a bow and 15 arrows, when standing the arrow went far to the left when i shot it .  i went to a lower stance  then i could hit the mark ( .  ) this is where the arrow hit . but when standing and aiming between two windows at the same distant the arrow went in the left window and stuck in the back wall of the house. i had no problem with the bow in past patches    

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
spelling

20 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Last time i played i made a bow and 15 arrows, when standing the arrow went far to the left when i shot it .  i went to a lower stance  then i could hit the mark ( .  ) this is where the arrow hit . but when standing and aiming between two windows at the same distant the arrow went in the left window and stuck in the back wall of the house. i had no problem with the bow in past patches    

You are not using the bow correctly. You can look up any of the multiple tutorials on how to do so. However, if you experiment with the archery you will find techniques those tutorials don't cover.

Friend just had the character wipe glitch. We switched from Green Crack server to The Walking Dead 24/7 server and he logged out with an Ak74 with all possible attachments on it. He logged in and everything on his character and gun was gone, except he still had a suppressor and bullet chambered on his AK. Has there been any reliable repros to this glitch?

7 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Friend just had the character wipe glitch. We switched from Green Crack server to The Walking Dead 24/7 server and he logged out with an Ak74 with all possible attachments on it. He logged in and everything on his character and gun was gone, except he still had a suppressor and bullet chambered on his AK. Has there been any reliable repros to this glitch?

I thought that had been fixed. Leastways it hasn't happened to me for a long time. The idea was that it had something to do with bipods, or handguard swapping, but I've seen instances of the same wipe, where no swapping or bipod was involved. Devs are aware.

It's just one of those DayZ risks...

On 8/14/2016 at 7:10 AM, Mookie (original) said:

I thought that had been fixed. Leastways it hasn't happened to me for a long time. The idea was that it had something to do with bipods, or handguard swapping, but I've seen instances of the same wipe, where no swapping or bipod was involved. Devs are aware.

It's just one of those DayZ risks...

Yeah I thought it was fixed because I never saw it happen in at least a month and personally it's never happened to me at all. My friend took it well though I lent him my pistol and he was our designated YOLOer at NWAF

Edit: Head torches should be able to fit over small hats

Also landmines spawning in tents are extremely annoying because people just activate them and leave... they should really be rarer.

Edited by Kohlbar

I kinda wondering if the ghost sound thingy will ever be changed. I know its probably about atmosphere and stuff but I really dont want to hear guns in the distance when nobodys shooting, hearing chain-link fences clinking when there are none nearby or birds scaring into the air when nobody has scared them. I've seen nothing about it in the Eden sound clips and nobodys talked about it much since the can-opening sounds and ammo rifling sounds was fixed.

My team and I decided to do a change of pace and go down to the coast for some PvP... BIG MISTAKE. We arrive in the hills in Kamy and all 3 of us die out of nowhere within less than a second of each other by a silent bullet. There's swim glitchers everywhere, 99% of what's on the coast is duped, and full gear squads just sit in houses until they see someone. I'm sorry but this isn't how I imagined DayZ and it's kinda cancerous for people who want a legit coast experience. I'm gonna take a break off DayZ this shit is just so silly and it mind boggles me how anyone has genuine fun at the coast. Like really is it fun to swim around with a SVD and kill people who can't see you? I bet it's just micropenis syndrome and the only reason anyone stays at the coast is it's one big pissing contest. I really don't think any of those people duping, swim glitching, teleporting to people and instantly killing you with their fists are actually having fun. I would say I can't wait for .61 but honestly I just can't wait til at least most of this shit is fixed. No dupers, no easy exploits and it would be so much better

• Like 2

Gotta say i agree with you kohlbar.  People duping is bullshit and definately ruins the game for everyone else.  I have yet to see the swim glitch so not really sure what it is but from what you are saying it sounds pretty gamebreaking.  I myself only play private servers now as i feel people tend to use exploits less because those are the same people who like to server hop.  I also have noticed that since switching to private servers i have noticed a massive increase in my frequency of friendly players.  I havent shot or been shot at by anyone in a few good gaming seshions now.  I have even had friendly encounters in high risk areas lately it is definately a positive experience.   

Oh and to the guy who was looting myshinko tents with 2 zeds on his tail the night before last.  Sorry i didnt mean to scare you with my shots i was just taking out your tail.  If we dont have each others backs who will?

On 8/2/2016 at 1:02 PM, Judged_Guitly said:

Barrel Persistence Update.

For those who might be interested, here’s an updated on my barrel experiment.  These are barrels I’ve stashed on separate servers and frequently check without any physical interaction.

2 Barrels stashed on the 20th June  (43 days)

3 Barrels stashed on the 25th Jun (38 days)

3 Barrels stashed on the 29th Jun (34 days)

3 Barrels stashed on the 1st July (32 days)

-ADDED-

2 Yellow protective cases 12 July (20 days)

2 Ammo boxes on 22 July (11 days)

2 Ammo boxes on 17 July (16 days)

All have been persistent and I'm guessing on the 4th the first two barrels should despawn. I'll let you know. 

Barrel update

Ive posted a few comments on barrel persistence and I think its obvious by now that barrels remain persistent for around 45 days. I’ve had some last longer than others, in fact, I had one barrel that persisted for 52 days.  The problem I’m having is consistency.  There’s no real way of knowing if the barrels have remained untouched and no possible way of securing them. I have some pretty amazing hiding spots and don’t believe they were compromised but because traps do not remain persistent, it’s all just speculation.  I’m not going to monitor these any longer because I don’t see what else can be gained and besides, at any time the devs could drop a hot fix that reverts it all back to the 8 day timer (I hope this never happens).   

I will say that barrels I’ve interacted with around the 45 day mark have remained persistence adding credibility to the reset factor and I will continue to monitor these for a few more weeks. I did not pick up the barrels, just added an item to the inventory.

My two yellow cases have remained persistence for 37 days so far and my 2 ammo cans have 32 days and counting.

When 61 comes around, if it’s not posted in the tracker, I’ll do it all again.  I’ve discovered some new really great hiding places but as I said before there’s no guarantee.  You just can’t prevent lucky players from stumbling across your stash and you can’t combat EPS hacks.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Judged_Guitly said:

Barrel update

Ive posted a few comments on barrel persistence and I think its obvious by now that barrels remain persistent for around 45 days. I’ve had some last longer than others, in fact, I had one barrel that persisted for 52 days.  The problem I’m having is consistency.  There’s no real way of knowing if the barrels have remained untouched and no possible way of securing them. I have some pretty amazing hiding spots and don’t believe they were compromised but because traps do not remain persistent, it’s all just speculation.  I’m not going to monitor these any longer because I don’t see what else can be gained and besides, at any time the devs could drop a hot fix that reverts it all back to the 8 day timer (I hope this never happens).   

I will say that barrels I’ve interacted with around the 45 day mark have remained persistence adding credibility to the reset factor and I will continue to monitor these for a few more weeks. I did not pick up the barrels, just added an item to the inventory.

My two yellow cases have remained persistence for 37 days so far and my 2 ammo cans have 32 days and counting.

When 61 comes around, if it’s not posted in the tracker, I’ll do it all again.  I’ve discovered some new really great hiding places but as I said before there’s no guarantee.  You just can’t prevent lucky players from stumbling across your stash and you can’t combat EPS hacks.

One user reported barrels are updating just by browsing the content, without the need of adding or moving any object.

Did you check the barrel contents in that time?

Death by misadventure.  My stable, public server character which I have had in game since .60 was released died yesterday.  Not by the hand of another but by a bus.  I had repaired a damaged tire on the bus and removed it with a lug wrench when the bus popped over and scraped my character to death.  That sucked.  Lost an UMP with a pristine reflex sight and a full Smersh vest.  I make it back to the location since I had a nice hatchback up there too.  Get into the hatchback and drive into Sevrograd.  Apparently there is some kind of magic in Sevro that causes all vehicle to drop transmission.  I tried to drive through Sev with two hatchbacks and a V3S all of which had the same issue.  Later I found another hatchback on the east side of town, near the football field and it, too, had the same problem.  If you have a vehicle, stay out of Sevrograd.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:16 PM, Kohlbar said:

Have found few boxes, but did find some speed loaders in various locations, in wrecked blue sedans or shrines and the occasional one in a deer blind.  Double check clothing too, sometimes it hides out in there as loose rounds and can easily be mistaken for .357 if you don't look close enough.

Hello. I'm Russian and its pretty hard for me to understand which problem relates to which topic , so i would write it here. Since the 0.60 version came out , i cant use the steam interface ( such as Shift + Tab and when i press F12 nothing happens ) . Before 0.60 came out everything was ok. Pls help

On 8/19/2016 at 7:06 AM, Wili said:

One user reported barrels are updating just by browsing the content, without the need of adding or moving any object.

Did you check the barrel contents in that time?

That’s an interesting thought. Can you provide a link to where you read that? I’d like to do a little follow up to determine credibility otherwise it just sounds like scuttle.

I did check my experimental barrels using only the vicinity screen and under this guise all my barrels should still remain (barring no other player interaction), but around the 45 day mark they started disappearing.  Another note that I forgot to add is that some of these barrels were set next to other barrels which I did interact with and remained.

As I said in my earlier posts, nothing is a guarantee. I’m only posting the results of what I tested but since I don’t want to bring a negative perspective without first engage the idea, after reading your post I took a backpack and a waterproof bag and set them down to test. Under the assumption of what you read I kept checking the items only using the vicinity screen. If barrels and tents re-set through this manor, I can only assume backpacks would as well. They did not.  

It could be possible that the vicinity screen resets barrels but it would take another 45 days to test this theory which I’m not willing to do under this patch. I’m sure the community would welcome your results if you were to choose and run an experiment for science.  Thanks in advance.