boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Okay, haven't played with the newest update yet... are there any zombies outside the larger Cities now or is it still the case that Cherno is Zed Capital, together with Berezino and Zeleno? Oh, and is persistence currently working or no?

I believe persistence is on, but there's no great use for it, since we're waiting for the next vehicle update and servers may get reset again any day. I put up several barrels, but since I keep on switching servers (for lack of slots), I doubt, I'll even find all of them again. I put them in quite easy to find locations though, just to hide them superficially. Zombies mainly roam in the big cities. Saw some in Novodmitrovsk and generally in the northern cities, apart from the places you mentioned. Shoot inside a city and you see them soon enough ;)

I've been wondering about sound + cars. In the mod there was the "vehicle" chat option. I don't want that, but it would be cool, if you were in direct inside the car, people can't hear you from the outside. Or only when they are right next to the car. The cars make so much noise anyway, it probably doesn't matter much. But there will be situations where you stop and talk and it would be nice if you could do that without considering you're getting heard in a 200m radius. Effect should be strongest with both doors on. 

Sounds are the one thing I have the most problems with this release. Even gunshots seem to come from the wrong direction and are too loud. I already mentioned infected sounds in my earlier posts. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Fixed up an off road. Could not get it to drive straight, no matter if i rotated every tire or not. 

Beans for your diag efforts! :beans:

You need a little more toe on a 4X4, otherwise they'll wander all over the road. :)

Seriously, what's next, chassis alignments?

• Like 5

Fixed up an off road. Could not get it to drive straight, no matter if i rotated every tire or not. 

Where they all pristine tires? I have a feeling if one tire is worn or damaged the car stops moving right. It's probably worth checking out, if the tire repair kits do anything.  

The infected still love getting on your cars and flipping them around, btw. Physics hyyype!

No jerry cans are spawning, but you can find lots of cooking pots. I don't see why it shouldn't work to refuel using pots, but I'll try it out when the oportunity arrives.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! So, I played for the first time for real last night and I ended up on a 9 hour binge on the Experimental server! I wanted to write about how things went and my perspective so far. . 

So I enter the server and know that I must find certain gear to survive the weather, the zed, and the bandits around. So I start my search from house to house working out the kinks of the controls and such. . No zombies yet.

Success finds me very quickly and I've got myself a magnum with a few clips worth of ammo, a RAK with ammo as well, a coat, some armor, a pack, and multiple canteens! I'm feeling super lucky! 

I hear gunfire outside so I lay prone in the house with my gun and inquire in the open space if the guy's cool or not. - He responds he's alright and I give him a canteen, he ends up giving me a fireaxe! Soooo KOS situation turned to discussion and exchange! Wootz!

I continue on, improving my gear steadily as I slowly move from house to house. I've seen multiple people get shot while running in the streets, though I've not shot at anyone. A few nights have been survived. . It feels super spooky haha. I've noticed that beyond the food and water and protection. . There's a sense of loss as well. It's scary being alone when you're in a building and you see a crowd of zed outside, or hear zipping shells as you traverse the city and beyond. 

But there's also adventure! I've seen a police station, a warehouse station, tons of farmhouses, a FEW pleasant people who have actually stopped and chatted for a moment, a super cool derelict ship.. And Oh! The Eastern Orthodox Churches. Super nice touch. Someone tried to stab me today and wouldn't listen to my calls so I shot them dead.

The day went strangely. . I wanted for not with supplies and simply traveled about exploring, but as the night came I began hearing groaning and writhing all around. I was starting to get pretty freaked out while sitting at the top of this three story complex. . So I decide to go down a floor to check it out and sure enough, a few zed see me through the window and I hear them bounding towards me. Not thinking, I unholster my gun and fire at them! This alerts more. I'm running away now and I've taken a sledgehammer to about 5 in the process. I'm bleeding out but have gotten away. . 

I bandaged myself and have eaten enough while staying still in a shut church that I'm finally healing and getting out of this faded vision. The sun is coming up. . 

I decide to go for another adventure through the forest till I'm too tired to play. 

Deeply impressed and had so much fun! I hope I get to team up with people some time. . I had an amazing time, but found myself super lost! An aspect I actually liked haha. 

• Like 9

Okay, haven't played with the newest update yet... are there any zombies outside the larger Cities now or is it still the case that Cherno is Zed Capital, together with Berezino and Zeleno? Oh, and is persistence currently working or no?

There are also Infected in Novod, Severograd, Stary but as you said only in larger cities.

Persitence always worked for me in .59

I had 3 pristine tires and 1 worn tire for the offroad, battery and plugs were pristine and worn. Cranked up, shifting was different but doable, but pulled hard to the left no matter what I tried. Probably try a sedan next, though a little discouraged. Also I can't find a once numerous item..... a wrench xD

BTW i went for the offroad first because it has unlimited fuel right now. Not sure if sedan or vs3 are this way, but it might explain the lack of fuel cans.

Edited by Girth Brooks
  • Like 1

-Snipitysnip-

Here Experimental is...

You are Merged...

Also...

• Like 1

BTW i went for the offroad first because it has unlimited fuel right now. Not sure if sedan or vs3 are this way, but it might explain the lack of fuel cans.

Really? Unlimited fuel? That would make things easier, good to know, thanks.

I tried (rod)fishing today and everything works fine. When you cook on a stick now you can see the various cooked stages of your meat/fish. I also ate it and got energized and not sick. This is where I had my dinner - you have to go about as close as the screenshot was taken to see fire is lit in the house. I think I'll use the fireplaces more often:

2015-11-20_00001_zps8unsundj.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 5

I have a problem with the last update. Dayz won´t start at all.

I launch the game the battleeye window pops up and then nothing happened anymore.

Task manager shows that the game is running and in steam it says its running but i cant play.

I verified the game cache but that doesent fix the problem.

Maybe someone got the same problem and could fix it any help is welcome. :)

Same problem here!
My entire system (Win7 - 32bit) crashed and I had to reboot it.

Tried several times with no luck.

I have a problem with the last update. Dayz won´t start at all.

I launch the game the battleeye window pops up and then nothing happened anymore.

Task manager shows that the game is running and in steam it says its running but i cant play.

I verified the game cache but that doesent fix the problem.

Maybe someone got the same problem and could fix it any help is welcome. :)

Edited by pignaccia

Last night was the first time I logged out early due to gameplay issues on experimental. My hotbar simply didn't work well, in fact hardly at all. Items would stay in my hands or not leave my hands unless I put them on the ground and then picked them up and dragged them where I wanted. Very frustrating as there were a lot of other players on line and I've been protecting my gear and charactor since .59 started. I tried relogging a couple of times too with no change.
Eventually I decided it was too risky to run around empty handed so I took my PM73 in hand. A few loots later I found a Mosin. I picked it up thinking my PM73 would move to its slot on my back. I walked out of the house and 'threw' the Mosin into some bushes to keep it out of the hands of other players, only it was my PM73 that flew off into the night.  And the Mosin disappeared too. I looked for both for a few minutes but with other players in the area and now defenceless decided that was too risky. So with that and the hotbar issue I called it a night.

Edited by cage53

Are those status icons in new UI working? I never saw any changes.

same here. I do get a text message saying "I am thirsty" and if I drink it goes away...but no change in the statue icons.

Same problem here!

My entire system (Win7 - 32bit) crashed and I had to reboot it.

I have rebooted for 10 times and it doesen´t fix it.

Then i switched back to stable and its the same the game wont start anymore.

I will reinstall the game now and see if that helps.

I got win 7 64bit.

• Like 1

I got win 7 64bit.

I hope that will solve the problem for you, but I refuse to re-install the entire game.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I got win 7 64bit.

I have the same thing happening here! I cant even close the game in the task manager... When I try to reboot the computer, the "shutting down" message appears even after 10 mins of trying to shutting the computer down...

What's happening, and anyone know how I can force close the program, or better yet - Play the game?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Reinstalled the game, and the problem still persists :-[

Edited by VeggaMan
  • Like 1

I have the same thing happening here! I cant even close the game in the task manager... When I try to reboot the computer, the "shutting down" message appears even after 10 mins of trying to shutting the computer down...

What's happening, and anyone know how I can force close the program, or better yet - Play the game?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Reinstalled the game, and the problem still persists :-[

Exactly the same happened for me i can stop the dayzBE.exe but

not the dayz.exe then i have to reboot and it stucks at the shutting down message.

Realy a bad timing for such a problem. :(

Edit: We are not alone with that problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3tlaaa/dayz_wont_load_up/

Edited by xCrankx

Exactly the same happened for me i can stop the dayzBE.exe but

not the dayz.exe then i have to reboot and it stucks at the shutting down message.

Realy a bad timing for such a problem. :(

Yea, that sucks - the weekly gaming night is ruined :-P

• Like 1

Last night was the first time I logged out early due to gameplay issues on experimental. My hotbar simply didn't work well, in fact hardly at all. Items would stay in my hands or not leave my hands unless I put them on the ground and then picked them up and dragged them where I wanted. Very frustrating as there were a lot of other players on line and I've been protecting my gear and charactor since .59 started. I tried relogging a couple of times too with no change.

Eventually I decided it was too risky to run around empty handed so I took my PM73 in hand. A few loots later I found a Mosin. I picked it up thinking my PM73 would move to its slot on my back. I walked out of the house and 'threw' the Mosin into some bushes to keep it out of the hands of other players, only it was my PM73 that flew off into the night.  And the Mosin disappeared too. I looked for both for a few minutes but with other players in the area and now defenceless decided that was too risky. So with that and the hotbar issue I called it a night.

Are you using new, or old UI?

To those having issues with launching the game after today's update: Please write an email to support@battleye.com, I will have to take a direct look at this via TeamViewer.

• Like 7

Are you using new, or old UI?

new ui and it's worked fine for weeks, relatively speaking.  Last night was the first time that spamming the hotbar didn't get some sort of result.

So i updated my DayZ to the latest experimental version today only to have a problem running the game completely. When i launch it from Steam or the "DayZ_BE.exe" my computer completely freezes up(except sound) and requires me to reboot my PC.

Launching the normal "DayZ.exe" which doesn't load BattlEye allows me to load into the menu with no artifacting etc, joining a server obviously makes the game restart with BattlEye(thus freezing my PC again).

I have tried verifying the game files, running as admin but nothing has helped.

Has anyone has similar issues? Nothing useful has come up from my searches.

EDIT: PC Specs: GTX 970, i5 4690k, 16GB RAM

Edited by HeXedMinD