boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

How do you use the radios? I dropped mine on the ground (temporarily) to pick up some food and then it was gone. It was probably in the room next door, but I couldn't be bothered to search. I checked and saw that it is switched to an active channel and you can switch to 2 (?) more? But I didn't see any "turn on/off" in the short time I've had it. How do we use these things?

Drop down menu in inventory, I just clicked the first option don't remember exactly what it was but saw the word (on). 

• Like 1

Items that aren't showing in your vicinity, you CAN pick up using the take feature. You'll just have to find the sweet spot heh. I should've tried harder when I found that m65 jacket.

I'm liking that!

An unloaded 1911 will be shown with the slide back. Interesting touch.

XpDeEJf.jpg

Made it to a 75players server 1st person view, teamed up with a french guy and played doctor for like an hour in elektro, we managed to kill about 20-30 zombies untill some arsefacedtwat killed my friend the french, a guy we had just fixed (broken legs) and blew my head off. Damn you to hell desync!

Pretty intense and very fun run.

What is it with the people Kosing in experimental, i simply dont get it.

Edit: about ~5-10 fps lower than what i was getting in stable, depending of the area of course.

Edited by BrainlessZombie
  • Like 1

Anyone know or remember what time the resets are, rifles fit in the wardrobes curious if theyre going to be persistent.

Loot in small areas seems to be cleaning up and respawning quickly, happy to see a pair of jeans I swapped for hunter pants and put two unwanted binocs in disappear and get replaced with more deerstand loot in less than a half hour.

I'll take note of my values before I do the update and then report if they are any different afterwards :)

For the record, no change to my cfg values after the update, both before and after launching the game.

Woah you're keeping it high. Though 250 can be a limit where it doesn't eat up too much resources if you've a good computer. Arma 3's max is 200m. You can try 2000m even if you want but be prepared for 10fps :D

It's just that "250" is the magic value for making ponds and lakes render with some transparency and a shaded edge (looks SO MUCH better). No reason to keep it any higher than that, but it's like the secret password for better looking ponds :)

• Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Red 9.

xVgGMaf.jpg

• Like 4

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Red 9.

-snip-

For the 3rd or 4th time in the thread? ....but ok.

:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Had a lot of fun with Dudester100 and GaryWalnuts tonight but I do hate the timezone difference between us.

Sometimes they only can start playing when it's almost midnight already here.

I look forward to playing tomorrow. I wonder what more 0.59 has in store for me but for now, it's time to hit the hay. Hopefully I have no bad dreams about zombies!

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

For the record, no change to my cfg values after the update, both before and after launching the game.

It's just that "250" is the magic value for making ponds and lakes render with some transparency and a shaded edge (looks SO MUCH better). No reason to keep it any higher than that, but it's like the secret password for better looking ponds :)

Woah didn't knew that. Need to test that out tomorrow.

• Like 2

spawned in svet, very laggy and had the thing where I could see objects but they didn't show up in the vicinity when my inv was open. The only zombies I saw were frozen players. Got a Winchester and ammo soon after and noticed I could only chamber the Winchester and there were no sound effects or animation for it.

It seems you need to put the ammo in your action bar and use the ammo while you're holding the gun to trigger the animation. Although ammo still doesn't show up in the weapon.

• Like 2

Anyone know or remember what time the resets are, rifles fit in the wardrobes curious if theyre going to be persistent.

Loot in small areas seems to be cleaning up and respawning quickly, happy to see a pair of jeans I swapped for hunter pants and put two unwanted binocs in disappear and get replaced with more deerstand loot in less than a half hour.

Just restarted 6pm central time.

Both the Mosin and the Amphibia S could be chambered with rounds, but the animation and sound would not play. 

Also, Amphibia S has a new sound when firing I think. It sounds really good.

Also, Amphibia S will not alert zombies to your location. 

• Like 4

those 980ti cards and intel core i5 are getting cheaper and cheaper, that will handle anything right now, maybe not maxed but still solid.

Horrid freezing, looks like my old CPU is being taxed over the limit. (Dual core intel)

Edit: I'm trying to hold out for the new renderer and engine, maybe even Beta before buying a new computer but it's possible I'll cave sooner....

• Like 1

Once the gun is loaded, it still shows the distance in red like it's not loaded. At least for the mosin.

The good news is you don't have to empty your weapon to fully load it if you only shot one round etc.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Lots of nice new buildings to explore, found several zeds but they act funny, not very aggressive.  Walked up right behind one and was able to whack him several times with an axe before he even moved..  Items spawns are weird, picked an item in two different locations to have a new item spawn in right in front of me.  Some strange "delays" and sync issues with visible loot and dropped items. Loaded and chambered the Mosin/Nagant and the CR527 but the ammo is not showing up. Performance is pretty good for me.  Thanks for the nice birthday!  I turn 53 and DayZ turns .59!

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 9

Im really not seeing any infected right now. Are they again only concentrated in certain locations?

those 980ti cards and intel core i5 are getting cheaper and cheaper, that will handle anything right now, maybe not maxed but still solid.

Depends on what you consider maxed. If you will only accept 120 FPS on 4K with everything set to Ultra, then no. For those of us with reasonable requirements however, the 980ti and an i5-4690k will absolutely destroy anything we throw at it. And if you game at a resolution lower than 3840x2160, forget about ever turning anything down for at least this console cycle and the next.

• Like 1

Thanks, yeah, an i5 is likely high on my list of options.

I bought a Gigabyte GTX 750 (model with upgraded fan) and a Crucial 225gig SSD for a good deal recently. That card should get me pretty far and if super shiny 1.0 requires a beefier card I'll likely upgrade for the shine when that time comes.

I'm looking to just go for a new MoBo and CPU in the near future and my generous friend ColdAtrophy is going to give me the benefit of his geek brain to help me choose the right parts for my tower, etc.

I may pay up now to afford for a little longevity/flexibility.

• Like 3

Played for an hour or so. Lots of desync. Started in Berezino had eyes on several Z's on my way to Svet.

Spawn with radio is terrible. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to relog to get rid of the weird noises and funny voices. And the directional sound was pretty confusing.

a theory  for the wells is that they have removed drinking until the new player controller is out, you have been able to spam drink/cancel to become hydrated in a matter of seconds. as they said in the status report cancelled actions arent optimized.

So what cities are the zombies in?

Spawned in Svetlo - no zeds, just lots of standing still player corpses.

They seem to be concentrated in Cherno, seen between 30-40 of them... All old models, sounds, etc.

So what cities are the zombies in?

Spawned in Svetlo - no zeds, just lots of standing still player corpses.

Im really not seeing any infected right now. Are they again only concentrated in certain locations?