boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Anyone having issues with high CPU load on a dual core? Biohaze cannot get DayZ to run properly on this patch. It's literally not playable.

Anyone having issues with high CPU load on a dual core? Biohaze cannot get DayZ to run properly on this patch. It's literally not playable.

Horrid freezing, looks like my old CPU is being taxed over the limit. (Dual core intel)

Edit: I'm trying to hold out for the new renderer and engine, maybe even Beta before buying a new computer but it's possible I'll cave sooner....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Well I got 20 fps in Kamy with an i5, can't even imagine what it's like in Berezino or Novo.

Has Cherno changed to the new layout yet?

Well I got 20 fps in Kamy with an i5, can't even imagine what it's like in Berezino or Novo.

Has Cherno changed to the new layout yet?

Yeah, my i5-4690k is good to go too, but he's got a dual core. I found one post on Reddit from a guy with that Pentium G3258 complaining of the same thing. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Yes, having freezes because of a maxed out G3258 dual core @ 4.6 Ghz. It should be albe to handle Dayz, and it has in previous patches. Also runs Arma 3 perfectly.

Edit: I'm trying to hold out for the new renderer and engine, maybe even Beta before buying a new computer but it's possible I'll cave sooner....

It would give you more benefit to purchase it now, when it's more needed. You're only frustrating yourself more than you need to ;)

Someone on Reddit posted that the yellow churches are now enterable. Personally, this is the one I've wanted more than any other building since the beginning of the Standalone. Pictures not mine:

e9HlxUV.jpg

M33VMsI.jpg

• Like 6

Yes, having freezes because of a maxed out G3258 dual core @ 4.6 Ghz. It should be albe to handle Dayz, and it has in previous patches. Also runs Arma 3 perfectly.

Seems like (YourName).DayZProfile has been overwritten with new values from this patch. Follow standard performance guidelines to get your cfg file in order.

• Like 3

Fixed my config files, I guess something wasn't kosher in my values that made a problem now and not for stable.

I should be good to go now.

• Like 1

That is so cool, thats probably why the FPS is so low (i WAS in berezino though) : wardrobes (and maybe fridges?) are spread out all across chernarus now along with the zombies,animals,and loot spawns... How is everyone elses FPS and where are you surviving at the moment?

My fps is the same as always. No changes.

Fixed my config files, I guess something wasn't kosher in my values that made a problem now and not for stable.

I should be good to go now.

Could you tell me what you've done to the config files/give me a link to get it fixed please?

Water pumps not working. You can fill containers, but not use the "drink from fountain" feature.

Unfortunately that's all I could manage to find in my 15 minutes of playing, gotta go to class! ARGH!

I had no problems using the pumps without a container. Actually, I never checked my stats.. just assuming since I went through the animations

Could you tell me what you've done to the config files/give me a link to get it fixed please?

Try this.

sceneComplexity=150000;

shadowZDistance=70;

viewDistance=1500;

preferredObjectViewDistance=1300;

I hope it helps.

I still get some freezing which is a lot like freezing I saw in prior patches but it's playable for me.

• Like 2

Servers are full up to bursting.

Tons of lag makes picking up items difficult at best.

I didn't encounter a single zombie.

I stopped in an open area/unwise spot to search for rocks and had a bambi run up and start punching my helmet.

When I started to run he thought that was a good time to chat... "Hey buddy where are you going?"

I called him a "KoS asshole" and outran him in fairly short order.

I lagged through the ground at one point which ruined my pants and shoes and gave me sore feet.

The server finally crashed completely (1 of 2 1PP servers) and now I doubt I'll try to play again until later this evening.

Maybe server pop will slide a little.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on the dual core CPUs, I'll throw my old X2 Athlon in the mix here in about 15 minutes.

I saw mention of network optimization, anybody recording bandwidth usage and seeing any improvement?

I don't know if it ever will but I'd like to see it get under the 100mb and hour it seems to uses so I could play on my cell more and enjoy double digit pings for a change.   

• Like 2

Bugs I've found so far playing:

• Bad FPS performance, maybe caused by 50-players server.
  • Can't get hydrated status from wells, can't even drink from them ( animation starts, but nothing in chat pops up )

Try this.

sceneComplexity=150000;

shadowZDistance=70;

viewDistance=1500;

I hope it helps.

I still get some freezing which is a lot like freezing I saw in prior patches but it's playable for me.

Didn't help, now i'm not even getting past the bohemia screen like some other people on reddit are complaining about xD. I'll check in tomorrow again to see if Eugen has some miraculous fix.

This clothing combination looks so dam cool B)

C9mivVm.jpg

/OK not the backpack

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 8

All infected seem to be in big cities, at least Cherno. I saw about 30-40 of them...  :huh:  A few bodies here and there from being swarmed I guess. I sneaked around and made my way out of town, with a few goodies.

I'm glad there's a few 1PP servers, but I wonder if they'll all crash sooner or later. Haven't got much lag on the 75 players 3PP servers. Only encountered another fresh spawn, and a PM Rak KoS in Svetlojarsk. Made it out alive.

I like the new container "water proof" bag and the fact that burlap sacs only take 1 space now.

Will have to join again later tonight, and see how it goes then.

• Like 2

Seeing a lot of mixed messages here. How is the interaction with the environment? Doors opening, opening cans, getting weapons out, putting them away... is everything responding well or like complete shit? What about zombie performance? I can see from the smoke grenade video that there isn't enough server FPS for good throw physics but as long as other things are working well then that will come.

My understanding is that the client FPS that you see won't change much until the engine is overhauled and a bit of optimization has occurred so I think that area of performance is practically irrelevant.

• Like 1

84 fps in elektro. Pentium, GTX 580, 512mb ram.

• Like 1

Normal fps for me 40+. Will do more testing tomorow for sure.

Amd quad core, 8gb ram, gt 640.

WQasPzF.jpg

Wish I had found the Red 9 as well.

Glad exp is up again.

• Like 1

Seeing a lot of mixed messages here. How is the interaction with the environment? Doors opening, opening cans, getting weapons out, putting them away... is everything responding well or like complete shit? What about zombie performance? I can see from the smoke grenade video that there isn't enough server FPS for good throw physics but as long as other things are working well then that will come.

My understanding is that the client FPS that you see won't change much until the engine is overhauled and a bit of optimization has occurred so I think that area of performance is practically irrelevant.

Items not always get picked up at first but when you try more you can get them.

Doors are pretty responsive.

Opening cans seems to work always for me.

Hotbar isn't working like a charm. Can sometimes take some tries. I'm having problems to fill 6-0 slots but I'm not sure if it's the -newui that's making it. Also map isn't working but could be the same cause.

Zombies are like they've been all the time. Not a change really in them.

• Like 1

Items not always get picked up at first but when you try more you can get them.

Doors are pretty responsive.

Opening cans seems to work always for me.

Hotbar isn't working like a charm. Can sometimes take some tries. I'm having problems to fill 6-0 slots but I'm not sure if it's the -newui that's making it. Also map isn't working but could be the same cause.

Zombies are like they've been all the time. Not a change really in them.

That seems promising for a first try! If everything is basically the same (which is to say, "sluggish") with the zombies re-instated and increased server population then they're trending in the right direction!

• Like 1

Seems like (YourName).DayZProfile has been overwritten with new values from this patch. Follow standard performance guidelines to get your cfg file in order.

Try this.

sceneComplexity=150000;

shadowZDistance=70;

viewDistance=1500;

I hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing, guys. I'll take note of my values before I do the update and then report if they are any different afterwards :)

• Like 1