boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

The default view distance is 3000m if I remember right so halving that can make a big difference if you don't have a too good CPU.

I think mine settings didin't change. Or are these new defaults?

shadowZDistance=50;
viewDistance=3000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=3000;

Played half an hour. First time I managed to get in was a US server so found interaction with objects very Laggy (4-5 seconds). Then got a memory error and crashed.

Second stint was a UK server so response times and interactions where better but not smooth or at the standards I deem payable. Never seem any zombies in electro so can't comment. Had a few strange encounters with "dead bodies" as they where all up standing and looked alive when I realised they where dead (was trying to talk to the mudafookers lol). Seen a 2 people that where lagging about all over the place. Got killed when I ran behind a wall only to be shot through the wall by one of the guys. I seen him teleport right next to me just before I died.

I had no problems using the pumps without a container. Actually, I never checked my stats.. just assuming since I went through the animations

The animations do work, but it doesn't say "you have drunk from the water pump" or whatever and your status will not change. Spamming it goes through the animation but also letting the animation play out does not change your status so you're not actually drinking.

I seen items on the ground / inside houses but they are not showing up in my vicinity. Doesn't show the "take" message either.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Anyone else not able to get in? It appears all servers are full which sucks!

That'll happen when you have hype build for months ;)

The default view distance is 3000m if I remember right so halving that can make a big difference if you don't have a too good CPU.

I think mine settings didin't change. Or are these new defaults?

shadowZDistance=50;

viewDistance=3000;

preferredObjectViewDistance=3000;

Those are fairly close to what I have from 0.58, but I can't remember what the defaults are anymore. One thing I will note: I recommend setting your shadowZDistance to 250; if you don't, ponds and lakes look like crap.

Well, thank the fucking Lord.

spawned in svet, very laggy and had the thing where I could see objects but they didn't show up in the vicinity when my inv was open. The only zombies I saw were frozen players. Got a Winchester and ammo soon after and noticed I could only chamber the Winchester and there were no sound effects or animation for it.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

Putting barrels in trees makes the barrel not accessible. It won't show up in the vicinity, you'll have to chop the tree down to access it.

• Like 2

Excellent!...been on hiatus since .58 went stable.  Refreshed, ready to go, and looking forward to what .59 will bring.

• Like 3

In trees, or under trees/bushes or both?

Putting barrels in trees makes the barrel not accessible. It won't show up in the vicinity, you'll have to chop the tree down to access it.

Guys just wondering if some parts of the new renderer is implomented in this patch or if they still fix stuff with it :)

spawned in svet, very laggy and had the thing where I could see objects but they didn't show up in the vicinity when my inv was open. The only zombies I saw were frozen players. Got a Winchester and ammo some after and noticed I could only chamber the Winchester and there were no sound effects or animation for it.

True, I had the same, though I found a Blaze and Ammo. Can't hear reloading sounds on the Magnum either. And I've had a sound glitch that made me jump when I heard someone eating very loudly, but nobody was near (it was in open field).

I also experienced the same with some objects, which I could not pick up and some (clothing) which didn't show up. The ones I couldn't pick up worked after closing doors and removing vicinity items again.    

I noticed the scopes seem to have the wrong aspect ratio, as they aren't round but oval when I look through. I also found a floating black cloud that's probably leftover from someone's vehicle starting up. Frames and lag issues were minimal, actually pretty good, considering the 50 player server was full.

I'm not sure yet, but I might have had issues with my status' lagging. It took quite a while to get hydrated and it only worked after I used a bottle and constantly refilled. Once I saw my status turn to hydrated and energized everything seemed to work. 

Haven't found or seen a car or glowplugs and I get an error message about glow plugs when I start up the game. 

Zombies ignored me and there were only a few left in Berezino and none elsewhere I've been. I guess they don't respawn, until server restart. They are no threat at all anyways. 

Also, have you noticed you can search open wardrobes now? I'm not sure if they are world containers, but you can store stuff there (temporarily), too.  

I've had the problem with barrels not showing when in a tree, too. Hard to judge when it is too far. Had to chop down trees to access.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Regarding the GP5 Gas Mask, are the filters replaceable? Curious, resulting from the time I spent (way too many hours) playing the Metro series.

I'll probably wait until it hits stable before I play this update. I don't feel like dealing with the bugs and lag that experimental brings.

One thing I will note: I recommend setting your shadowZDistance to 250; if you don't, ponds and lakes look like crap.

Woah you're keeping it high. Though 250 can be a limit where it doesn't eat up too much resources if you've a good computer. Arma 3's max is 200m. You can try 2000m even if you want but be prepared for 10fps :D

In trees, or under trees/bushes or both?

In trees, like the big evergreen or pine whatever, if you get near the trunk and drop the barrel to where it's hidden, it won't let you access in vicinity. I only tried it on one tree though. I tried putting it into the smaller tree and it just set down outside of the tree basically. Just tried the orange bushes, same issue. It won't show in vicinity until you chop it down.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

No zombies seen - spawned in Cherno and headed to the town just N of there. I also had the issues with items not being able to be picked up. Lag was not bad considering I was playing over wi-fi - will try direct connection later. I like the idea of more zombies being in high pop places like cities, military/med installations, but there should also be zombies in the smaller towns. A good setup would be to have, say, 2 or 3 zeds in a small town, but have them respawn and head slowly back into town from the outskirts or wooded areas around the towns. I would do the same with all zeds, actually, as soon as they die, they spawn somewhere else and slowly come back into the town or city. This will allow players to clear out zeds in waves and give a small window for looting before a new wave of zeds hits. But, have more zeds at one time in the larger cities and military installations. In terms of base-building, barricading and camp setup, this means a small town could be managed, but still semi-dangerous as a camp and that cities/military installations would be very dangerous.

Edited by entspeak

Open wardrobes have eighteen spaces for inventory. You can indeed put items in them.

34EKil9.jpg

Played an hour or so and my cfg setting don't seem to have changed, fps were on par with what I'm used to.

Did get a lot of lag interacting with items on the ground, foraging, etc especially in the vicinity of a city.

My keyboard seems to be acting weird with key presses being delayed or hanging on, my keyboard is "up to" 6kro and has never had problems opening my inventory while sprinting diagonally before.

Didn't see any infected but the radios were sure "interesting" anyone else notice the game lag if someone was transmitting with lots of static or feedback?

• Like 1

Played an hour or so and my cfg setting don't seem to have changed, fps were on par with what I'm used to.

Did get a lot of lag interacting with items on the ground, foraging, etc especially in the vicinity of a city.

My keyboard seems to be acting weird with key presses being delayed or hanging on, my keyboard is "up to" 6kro and has never had problems opening my inventory while sprinting diagonally before.

Didn't see any infected but the radios were sure "interesting" anyone else notice the game lag if someone was transmitting with lots of static or feedback?

How do you use the radios? I dropped mine on the ground (temporarily) to pick up some food and then it was gone. It was probably in the room next door, but I couldn't be bothered to search. I checked and saw that it is switched to an active channel and you can switch to 2 (?) more? But I didn't see any "turn on/off" in the short time I've had it. How do we use these things?

To the NOOB bandit with the sword,

May you rest in pieces . You resembling Swiss cheese; you lowlife S.O.B. find your own crap.

P.S. Thanks for the sword http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547055979

Sincerely,

Scar

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 3

An unloaded 1911 will be shown with the slide back. Interesting touch.

XpDeEJf.jpg

• Like 6