boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

those 980ti cards and intel core i5 are getting cheaper and cheaper, that will handle anything right now, maybe not maxed but still solid.

I have a Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Extreme. I would totally totally totally recommend it.

DayZ and Arma 3 are the ONLY two game that run under sixty frames per second. I'm tempted to say about 75 frames per second were it not for the Metal Gear FPS cap. The Witcher 3 runs at 1440p on all Ultra at around sixty, depending, but you can tweak a few small, mostly unnoticeable things and maintain 75-90 with all the important settings still all the way up.

But...holy shit, DayZ. Still getting mid twenties in cities at times, depending. That's unheard of for me. 

• Like 1

It would appear that the "the vicinity" surrounding you has been tweaked considerably (smaller) when looking/scanning for items in close approximation.  I rely on this heavily when looking for items that do not fall within my red-green color-blind spectrum and have noticed that I must spend more time searching areas than I had become accustom too.

Confirmed that barrels do not show up as being "in the vicinity" after being placed within trees/bushes.  Also, I had no luck re-hydrating drinking directly from a pond.  However, once I acquired a canteen, no issues, at least from a well.

Weapons are plentiful, ammo/clips/magazines, not so much, yet anyways, in the hour or so that I've played.

No infected yet, but I've been in the bush...no critters either.  Working my way West, FPS on max settings is typical, no crashes, but some lag.  No helo's just yet.

I saw them in Cherno, hauled ass out of there since I was a fresh spawn with no way to fight that many on my own. The only other one I saw was in Stary Sobor. Maybe next patch we will get a better distribution of them.

Anyone else here lose the server list? I see one Experimental server and it appears to be cycling. Other than that, .58 servers aplenty.

I have widened my filters to try and catch them but they just aren't there.

Anyone else here lose the server list? I see one Experimental server and it appears to be cycling. Other than that, .58 servers aplenty.

I have widened my filters to try and catch them but they just aren't there.

Fixt it. It had to do with one of my config files in my profile. Deleted those and it worked on next launch.

played a bit.  really bad desync but that's normal with exp I think.  found a red 9 and the waterproof bag (gave both away).  killed 3 zombies on the berezino waterfront, but haven't seen one since on the way inland.  I'm assuming they'll add more in later.

I may pay up now to afford for a little longevity/flexibility.

Do it. I've built roughly one PC every three weeks in 2015, many of them for fellow DayZ players, and the first time you fire up the game on good hardware... OMG. It's not so much that the performance is amazing or anything, it's just so much better that it's like having a weight lifted off your shoulders. That, and you can afford to see the game as it's really meant to be seen (pretty) because you'll get bad frames either way ;)

So what cities are the zombies in?

I saw them in Novodmitrovsk and Severograd, personally. Seems like major cities, but maybe not all of them? It's possible you didn't see any because others had killed them already recently.

• Like 2

Okay, a few more things...

- The CZ pistol also has the slide open on the ground when you find it empty...

aqcISrD.jpg

- The Waterproof Bag is two horizontal spots and three vertical. It holds six spaces.

NwCYAj5.jpg

- Lab Coats can be found in the small barrack buildings. They only hold three spaces, but increase Science by 5.

4PKvgSg.jpg

- GP5 masks are not, for some strange reason...like the M10M gas mask, compatible with ballistic helmets. Dunno why. Beats me. 

- I was excited for zombies being back, and now I hate them like the fucking plague. I hope this doesn't mean it's back to the old days of bullshit hit detection, desync, and one hit ruinings of your gear. Fingers crossed. It took FIVE hits to kill male zombies with the small axe. Five. Five hits. More than four. Less than six. Five. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. The amount of rings given to the dwarf lords in their halls of stone. 

- Haven't seen any animals yet. 

- 9mm ammunition is more rare than bottled unicorn farts. Which sucks because Red 9's have that ten round internal magazine. 

- I don't know if this is new, but these buildings are enterable. They do not spawn loot. 

t4w8tDm.jpg

• Like 7

Okay, a few more things...

- The CZ pistol also has the slide open on the ground when you find it empty...

- The Waterproof Bag is two horizontal spots and three vertical. It holds six spaces.

- Lab Coats can be found in the small barrack buildings. They only hold three spaces, but increase Science by 5.

- GP5 masks are not, for some strange reason...like the M10M gas mask, compatible with ballistic helmets. Dunno why. Beats me. 

- I was excited for zombies being back, and now I hate them like the fucking plague. I hope this doesn't mean it's back to the old days of bullshit hit detection, desync, and one hit ruinings of your gear. Fingers crossed. It took FIVE hits to kill male zombies with the small axe. Five. Five hits. More than four. Less than six. Five. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. The amount of rings given to the dwarf lords in their halls of stone. 

- Haven't seen any animals yet. 

- 9mm ammunition is more rare than bottled unicorn farts. Which sucks because Red 9's have that ten round internal magazine. 

- I don't know if this is new, but these buildings are enterable. They do not spawn loot.

It's really cool the way they've handled stuff like weapon attachments and, now, whether or not it's loaded. The toolbar icon for pistols, for example. I'll use the pistol flashlight sometimes on its own. I add it as a separate item on my toolbar and then put it on the pistol. When I choose the light, it goes in my hand and the image of the pistol on the toolbar reflects that I've removed it. Coolness.

The lab coats can also be found in medical buildings. I found one in a small town clinic.

I got a few hours in tonight (though sadly not with my Experimental crew... sorry guys :(). Got to see most of the new enterable buildings, though I learned of one more after I was done playing for the night. Oh well, it's just the beginning!

Randomly came across a player that I frequently encounter on a private hive server I have come to refer to as "Jukebox Guy." This man does not talk, he only plays music and movie soundbites. I have been through a few adventures with this gentleman now, and yet I do not know him very well nor am I friends with him on Steam or anything  :lol: It is by sheer luck that we continue to cross paths. Well, today he found us in Severograd, but it wasn't until after we had already run halfway across the map together that we realized it was him! Gotta add that guy on Steam one of these days...

Did anyone else notice a lack of black bars at the menu screen now?

1Itii7s.jpg

Some other pictures from tonight:

v29gMXe.jpg

Xjq3Xz6.jpg

ch0XEf3.jpg

L18VEkc.jpg

w8LJqBE.jpg

• Like 10

Reporting in. 

I spawned between Elecktro and Cherno and saw about a dozen zeds as I got into Cherno.

Met up with Dudester and IMT and we ran north for a while before we split up.

I noticed the northern part of the map had some minor changes, the "floating haybales" seem to have succumbed to gravity once again.  

There's two new log pile models that've been used pretty heavily up north now.

And there's been some terrain changes to the northwest corner, maybe in preparation for the new complex that's expected to go up there.

That large empty lakebed isn't alone anymore, there's a few more smaller ones now, though still empty, and that large flat plain now has some hills and valleys.

There's also a pretty big hill out around 008/005.

I'd have explored more thoroughly but Dudester came back online and overloaded with heli loot  :P so we decided to meet up in Sinistok.

We also saw three or four zeds around the tenement buildings in Novaya Petrovka while grabbing some tents.

The refrigerators that were in Tisy and Sinistok are gone now, maybe they've been removed?

And the last thing to report - when I log off & on back on - the primary weapon is removed from the hotbar.  No big deal but worth mentioning.

The performance seems unchanged for me and I got to shoot some zeds again!  :thumbsup:

Edit:  and the only animal I saw was a chicken near Valvilovo.  Only one of us survived the encounter.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 6

I'm very happy with the return of animals. Saw a boar right after exiting Cherno, but didn't approach since I didn't have anything to kill it, but after I hit the next town, I found  astack of .357, and had a repeater. So I returned to the boar and got myself a nice backpack. I left the meat in the field since I couldn't craft the backpack right away and needed to carry the pelt in my hands.

Finally had to stopped a few hours ago as I had other things to do, but just before logging out, found a nice UH-1Y crash site.

Anyone noticed all the ammo found out of boxes are in full stacks? 

And the action bar only has 4 slots available at start, and when you put items in the first 4 slots, slots 5, 6, and 7 unlock. When you put items in those, the last available action bar spaces unlock.

Some shots I took earlier on.

No death animation for the boar.

xkta38.jpg

Finally got back my favorite backpack!

t6e1dx.jpg

Crash site.

2u5b975.jpg

US smoke grenade.

ab5tf6.jpg

Overall stuff at the end of the day.

14spoxk.jpg

jfjkf8.jpg

Gonna test that smoke nade tomorrow.

• Like 9

ran into a fox!  it made an adorable yip/howl sound and I wanted to hug it and squeeze it and kill it with my axe and eat it.

second time playing today, and MUCH less lag than this afternoon.

interface is stuck on small.  selecting normal and restarting does nothing.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 5

Aspect ratio in main menu no longer gives options.

Ok, this is fucking sick!

Video by Respawnonme

• Like 26

Do it. I've built roughly one PC every three weeks in 2015, many of them for fellow DayZ players, and the first time you fire up the game on good hardware... OMG. It's not so much that the performance is amazing or anything, it's just so much better that it's like having a weight lifted off your shoulders. That, and you can afford to see the game as it's really meant to be seen (pretty) because you'll get bad frames either way ;)

I saw them in Novodmitrovsk and Severograd, personally. Seems like major cities, but maybe not all of them? It's possible you didn't see any because others had killed them already recently.

Tell that to AMD users. With each GFX upgrade I still had the same shitty frames.

In order to get better frames I needed to turn some settings in the config file way back and now my game runs smooth but can't see anything in the distance.

It's not my processor by the way, it's good enough for the job. The GFX card as well in my opinion.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Red 9.

I found this as well and a stack of 9mm. Loaded it and ended up in Cherno. Managed to trail a few zeds with me and turned to fire in rapid succession and it sounded like this gun jammed.

Bang bang bang -click- -click- bang bang -click- bang... etc.

My local files validated and I tried the -newui switch, but I can only see Stable servers. Am I the only one who can't see any of the Exp servers? No one has mentioned the servers going down.

I have 0.59.130179

Geez!!! I've been waiting all day for this!!! If anyone can see an active Exp server, please toss me an IP address, so that I can try to get in manually. North American servers are preferred, but at this point, I'm not too choosy.

Thanks!!!

SOLVED:

OK, so here's the deal. I had no trouble whatsoever seeing the Stable servers, but until I opened my firewall wide open for UDP, I couldn't see a single Exp server.

I'm not sure that I understand everything that I know about this, but hopefully it will help someone else who is doing egress filtering.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

Just finished a 4 hour session with ColdAtrophy.

He was nice enough to help me reconfig my config to the way we had some time ago.

I'm still getting freezing in larger towns but otherwise it ran fairly smooth.

So many bugs, so little time....

Do you think this was a bug?

1eWRpMx.jpg

It looked cool but we couldn't reproduce it.

ColdAtrophy pointed out that hotbar slots open as you increase your clothing slots.

I dig it.

We killed many infected from the roof of the Severograd police station.

The freezing created an unwelcome challenge for me and counting rounds was necessary for the Red 9.

We managed to hold it down until the first wave abated.

After a few minutes, infected respawn kicked in and we were able to draw a couple more small waves before I called it a night (2:15am here).

Good night, Chernarus, where ever you are....

• Like 11

Just skimmed through here since last night and am wondering: has anyone found a Lada or the GAZ car? I haven't found trucks spawning where they usually do, and I didn't (yet) see any of the other cars.

>>EDIT: I just read that the new vehicles will be in update #1 (second iteration) of 0.59. Fair enuff, there is a lot of stuff that needs slight fixes anyway. Generally things seem to work for me.

Also, is there anything we can do in the new workshop building with the tools? It's just there for now, right? Or does it actually have functionality already? There's really a lot of new/open buildings. Even the small white-ish shacks can be entered now.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Just skimmed through here since last night and am wondering: has anyone found a Lada or the GAZ car? I haven't found trucks spawning where they usually do, and I didn't (yet) see any of the other cars.

>>EDIT: I just read that the new vehicles will be in update #1 (second iteration) of 0.59. Fair enuff, there is a lot of stuff that needs slight fixes anyway. Generally things seem to work for me.

Also, is there anything we can do in the new workshop building with the tools? It's just there for now, right? Or does it actually have functionality already?  

didnt they say that vehicles are out right now?

belay my last.

Edited by koffeekage

Had a great time today with GaryWalnuts, IMT, and Mean Gun Morris lots of cool stuff they added in this patch such as the guns that were removed from a previous exp patch and so many buildings are now enterable im sure that the bugs in this patch will be ironed out in the next patch man it sure feels good to be back in this game!  B)

Smoke Grenade!
ZyBElDJ.jpg

NQx4hfG.jpg

Weird Looking Logs
JshLanx.jpg

Gary trys to crawl on the logs!
i9dS1wU.jpg

A new bush?
T3VeBYF.jpg

These blue mailbox things on walls weren't here before...
4F1N8uG.jpg

The Rad9... With A Buttstock!
SXdtqmj.jpg

Red9 Snap loader
Zy3uNx1.jpg

• Like 9