boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Welp, reinstalled DayZ completely, still on 651. Anybody ever had an issue of just not being able to get an update before? I'm in the UK, if that helps at all.

EDIT: Just randomly got the update. Odd.

Edited by lsaaq
  • Like 1

So are we going to be left without 1PP for the whole weekend? I don't play 3PP :/

Edited by Powerhouse
  • Like 3

So are we going to be left without 1PP for the whole weekend? I don't play 3PP :/

I wish there was a little more information on the matter, as to why they are not updating or for how long this is gonna take; really the entire weekend? Even if you wanted to play 3rd person, I doubt there will be open slots with even fewer servers. I'm glad I got some freetime to play the past days, but I feel sorry for the people, who are looking foward to their weekend session. I'd like Bohemia to take a little more time on those announcements, so we're not always left to guess. 

Edited by S3V3N

Damn, I guess I've been really lucky then (or unlucky, depending on how you want to play). Met maybe 25 people this exp, was attacked once in Berezino (killed that guy) and witnessed some guy attack someone else in Balota. Stunned and handcuffed the attacker, guy who was shot (he went unconscious) survived and they ended up chilling out and not killing each other. Literally all the fights I've been involved with in this patch. Every single other encounter has been either really friendly or just... creepy, but nothing came of it.

Very first encounter I had with another player was in 1pp, I saw the guy walk up, raise his weapon and shoot me.  I didn't have time to say anything and he said nothing at all.  That sets the tone for me. 

Today, I ran by two people, one didn't see me for sure. Someone had left the lights on in a Lada 4x and I was crouched behind a bush observing when he ran by, on the road, in the open, I bailed after that, smelled like a trap.  The other didn't seem to have seen me but I can't be certain, I was coming out of a house and he ran past about 50 meters away into the woodline.  What I know for sure is he didn't try to follow me and I didn't try to follow him.  In general, I do my best to avoid other people almost all the time.

Edited by Barnabus

Well you know guys this is an experimental test branch for an Early Access game.  They can test anything they want on this branch.  

My home server also isn't up so I guess I am just finished with experimental for now unless they add something new.  

Edited by Komalt

Also, Tatanko did you post the hiking trails map from the game files a while ago? I can't find the page, but someone asked for the map here, so it would be nice to see a repost. Generally speaking though: when you walk through a forest and there is a nature trail without foliage that is the hiking route. There are also articles about that on steam, but the image of the map is nicer.    

That wasn't me, but I know what you're referring to. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Seems that way.

All types of issues with these last few little patches . 

Started with the lose of dual core support, coupled with the BE issue . 

Now client crashes all together right around the time I'm on the server select screen , looking for one to join . 

Affecting both exp and stable 

Trying one more time to reboot system, and reinstall the entire game.

I had myself a zombie hoe down in Severograd while I waited for ColdAtrophy to loot his way North.

*All interactions were during 50/50 server loads.

I found a nice line of infected through a small field in town and decided to see how stealth + aggro was performing in this build.

I used the slow walk and I was able to avoid their cone of vision and either walk right up and bop them on the back of the head or they would aggro in the last 10-15 feet (probably due to sound).

At first I thought it was 3-4 infected and it turned out to be a nice line of 6.

I only took damage a couple of times and did not get to bleeding until the last one hit me.

Mostly the infected were fairly slow and missed a lot and it was easy to get around their attacks.

I had fun timing my attacks as I ran into close proximity.

Everything seemed to display smoothly on my end.

It took an average 3 hits to kill with the hoe.

Hit detection was difficult to judge due to it being night time but it certainly was a bit of fun.

VeDzhyz.jpg

OmAaDdC.jpg

uEchncY.jpg

OzHrEBk.jpg

zPwx2Gm.jpg

XUstT7D.jpg

T3jI5Wt.jpg

HIqEjYm.jpg

saQrVEC.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Heya guys! Hope everyone is having awesome times and testing well. I've been playing for about a week now and have stayed on the experimental so that I can get the infected experience! I love the game so far and I've made a few friends, been bandited correctly and KoS'd, killed a few people that proved a threat to me andddd I'm still going!

Brother Espa's day out!

~Start in Elektro with previous gear I had logged out with consisting of a full camo set and a Repeater/CR75 Combo whilst I look for more gear!

~Friend gets on and we decide that we'll move north carefully and snag some military gear from the Airfield (Though all prior experience there is absolute death)!

~Start moving north through treelines and dark areas to remain in cover! I'm constantly scanning the area to make sure I won't be caught unawares! 

~Searching inside a police station by myself when I come under fire while dancing on the rooftop! I cement myself for a moment with the door in my sights until I decide to make a break for it! I run across the street and suddenly see a little man below crouching in the bushes with his gun. Hello-MurderFace! He slithers out and goes his way, I run the other direction.

~Run directly into a 'Horde' of more infected than I could quickly count and they begin the chase. I'm like a mailman on a mission and duck and roll my ass outta there!

~Pass more buildings and towns until I'm fairly sure that I've made it. I find an SKS with a PU Scope (Super excited to test it, but no ammo!)

~My friend and I sneak around and gear up! Then come the tents above. . The most dangerous area I've encountered. We sneak up for a while, are geared well, and only want to find a small item in the vast jungle of military gear. We start approaching on hands and knees until he disconnects and I'm left out in the open of this field. . I decide to boogie and land into the area before I stop and check around. 

~Right away, I've spotted about 2-3 different guys all running around in the extreme proximity. . I'm giving an audible out-of-game sigh as I know this spells definite trouble. I go ahead and announce myself over VoIP while not getting out of position just yet. I say, "Hey guys, there's a friendly in here with you. I'm not here for you. Please do not shoot at me, I will not shoot at you. Let's be friendly." I hear no response back, but I see multiple people buzzing around (I assume looking for me). All of this time, I had multiple shots on people and simply wanted to have a more pleasant situation than a bunch of friends suddenly attacking like wasps when a friend falls.

~No response on their side for a little while and I'm stuck in this danger zone. . I want to get out now. Fuck this place. I've gotten up and am running for the entrance when bullets start zipping by, hitting me and the ground, I bounce back to cover while calling out, "Friendly! Friendly! Friendly! I'm not here for you! I'm on the ground. How are you guys?"

~I've got multiple guys around me with their guns on me, I had already surrendered and didn't mind the idea of giving over anything so I wasn't anything but friendly. I had hoped since I had not fired on them and that I was at their mercy, maybe I could join their group and help out (My dreamy 'Hero' ideals that are slowly fading).

~They ask me my name, I answer, "Brother Espa." - I get a, "Nice to meet you. You're dead." and a shot to the head. You are Dead. (For a moment, I'm a bit astonished. . I wasn't expecting the violence. But after the moment, I laugh and click respawn.)

--A few of the guys message me on steam and apologize! I'm all smiles though and wish them luck! Friends next time, perhaps! 

~I spawn finally near Cherno and within 2 minutes, I've geared myself slightly. . Then I run through a gate and out of a house comes another man. I instantly stop movement and say, "Heya. I'm a friendly guy." He ducks and weaves for a second and then responds over VoIP that the axe that I had in my hands wigged him out and he almost shot me. We talk for a moment and then he gives me a gun and some supplies. We walk for a while and he's telling me that I'm lucky to be alive, that he usually just kills people. . That there is no Hero or Bandit. . There is only survival. Tripped me out xD 

--Took a break for dinner, may pop back in! 

Edited by Espa
  • Like 5

ok after some more testing , 

I uninstalled DayZ and deleted all related files i could find

then reinstalled it 

Loaded the client, dropped all settings from default to very low 

and once again , as soon as I clicked on a server ( this time in stable) I notice some static like flickering in the back ground image 

and the client froze up and went to black screen. 

I alt tabbed out and manage to see a quick pop up error about a video driver not responding ? 
Using a performance monitor , I note that RAM is at 100% , CpU was maxed out , and GPU temps shot up to 140F while the game was running .

This craziness started with these last couple of patches 

• Like 1

OK. So Friday evening I settle in to play. 1st person servers are off limits so I log on 3 person and gradually gear up but have no weapons other than an axe. Over the last month or so I have been extremely paranoid with other players, eg telling them I am friendly but if they come through the door I am shooting them, They usually say that I am not friendly and run off. So tonight I figured I would be more gentile. While looting a house in the dark I saw another player running by. He could not have seen me. I ducked back into a room and a few seconds later he comes running up saying 'Hello, Hello".  I tell him I am friendly, though I have my axe in hand. He runs into the room and suddenly everything I have is ruined, arms and legs are broken, gear is ruined. He then shoots me and takes my pulse, announcing triumphantly that 'Forest Walker is dead". I tell him he is an idiot, actually used stronger language than that and respawn. Thing is when I respawn the same guy is waiting a few meters away. He says 'Hi buddy' and shoots me again. Fair enough, we need rejects like this to make the game interesting. Just wish he would play on stable where the other guys would manhandle him.

OK. So Friday evening I settle in to play. 1st person servers are off limits so I log on 3 person and gradually gear up but have no weapons other than an axe. Over the last month or so I have been extremely paranoid with other players, eg telling them I am friendly but if they come through the door I am shooting them, They usually say that I am not friendly and run off. So tonight I figured I would be more gentile. While looting a house in the dark I saw another player running by. He could not have seen me. I ducked back into a room and a few seconds later he comes running up saying 'Hello, Hello".  I tell him I am friendly, though I have my axe in hand. He runs into the room and suddenly everything I have is ruined, arms and legs are broken, gear is ruined. He then shoots me and takes my pulse, announcing triumphantly that 'Forest Walker is dead". I tell him he is an idiot, actually used stronger language than that and respawn. Thing is when I respawn the same guy is waiting a few meters away. He says 'Hi buddy' and shoots me again. Fair enough, we need rejects like this to make the game interesting. Just wish he would play on stable where the other guys would manhandle him.

Which server?

Edited by emuthreat

Had dreamz of killing KoS guys the last couple of nights.

Probably due to having to defend myself so much more on the stuffed full experimental servers.

In 3 1/2+ years I had never had a DayZ dream before .59.

Not sure where to post this.... been on a Carcass kick lately and I realize they are the musical mascot for DayZ.

It is the only music I know that is as totallys brutals and as technical as DayZ itself.

They have a song for almost everything DayZ related....

I decided these are for the devs:

This is for the infected:

As you were....

Edited by BioHaze

Lots of people pretending to off you items for exchange and then shoot you. Servers are so laggy that the sun comes up and then sets again, comes up, sets again. Cant eat, cant drink, cant even vault. "I unable to do that now."

Update: Something is definitely up with the dsync. Time keeps rolling back after a few minutes, the night time wind continues to blow during the day. No players on a full server. I probably wont be back until the dsync or lag or whatever it is causing it is removed. Every player is too damn skittish to trust anyone and just rather shoot that new spawn then let them anywhere near them.

Last server: DayZ US Northeast 0-1

Edited by admphi

I played for 6 hours straight tonight, and the server I was in remained completely full the entire time. Even when I quit for the night, over half the servers were still at 50/50 and the others were minimum 25/50. Even despite that, I ran into very few people. Once again however, nearly all of them were friendly. The only non-friendly person of the entire night is the one that ended my 6 hours by picking me off from the roof of the hospital in Elektro  :| Alas, I had a good run.

Spent lots of time in the northeast to begin with, never running into any other people despite seeing plenty there earlier this week. Had no trouble getting the basics, but ammo is still appropriately difficult to come by. Didn't see nearly as many car and truck parts today, and now that I think about it, a totally stripped V3S at Vybor was the only vehicle I saw the entire session. Not sure where people are taking them to, but they all seem to be away from their starting positions at this point.

Tip-toe'ing my way around the Veresnik military complex, I caught a fellow pretending to be dead! What appeared to be a whole cluster of dead people near a barracks building contained an impostor. It began with me wondering, "Did that body just move?" to, "Wait, there's a gun in his hand..." and finally, "No that's definitely a live person," as he got up and ran out of the area probably from impatience. He never saw me the entire time, and I got a good chuckle out of it.

Performance on semi-local 50/50 servers has been decent. There is some desync when a lot is going on, such as hectic combat situations, but it's more than acceptable in most other situations. Definitely enjoying where we're at and looking forward to more :)

A few highlights:

sYYfNAf.jpg

atErGRB.jpg

9vDK4p1.jpg

eOxniCB.jpg

ERiviqE.jpg

xl9fMMF.jpg

• Like 10

All types of issues with these last few little patches .

Started with the lose of dual core support, coupled with the BE issue .

Now client crashes all together right around the time I'm on the server select screen , looking for one to join .

Affecting both exp and stable

Trying one more time to reboot system, and reinstall the entire game.

What CPU you have? And how much RAM?

Anyone know if there is an issue with getting 'healthy' status? Or is it just me misunderstanding?

Had a run in with some infected persons and now everything is grey. I've got dark green hydration and hungry status, but if I drink and eat just a little more it goes to 'stuffed' instead of light green hungry and hydrated with 'healthy'. As I understand it, I need 'healthy' to be able to regenerate blood.

Anyone know if there is an issue with getting 'healthy' status? Or is it just me misunderstanding?

Had a run in with some infected persons and now everything is grey. I've got dark green hydration and hungry status, but if I drink and eat just a little more it goes to 'stuffed' instead of light green hungry and hydrated with 'healthy'. As I understand it, I need 'healthy' to be able to regenerate blood.

no, you regen blood (regain colour) and then you start to heal after that.

You can regen blood by having green hydrated/energized and if they are bright green you regen at a quicker pace.

I know in .58 it gets buggy sometimes and taking your shoes off, moving until it says 'my feet are sore' in the messages box and then putting them back on will usually trigger the game to update your statuses.

Which server?

DE 0-1 I think. Thing is how was that even fun for this guy with such obvious hacks? No skill or brains needed, not that he has any.

Tip-toe'ing my way around the Veresnik military complex, I caught a fellow pretending to be dead! What appeared to be a whole cluster of dead people near a barracks building contained an impostor. It began with me wondering, "Did that body just move?" to, "Wait, there's a gun in his hand..." and finally, "No that's definitely a live person," as he got up and ran out of the area probably from impatience. He never saw me the entire time, and I got a good chuckle out of it.

LMAO that is hilarious

• Like 1

So I had the problem that my character kept walking to the left no matter what I did. Today I joined a different server on which I have never played before so I started with a new character and this one also keeps walking to the left. -.- Is this a known problem? Any suggestions for fixes/workarounds? I tried tapping the a button, restarted DayZ and my computer several times, I tried unbinding the "strafe left", binding it to a different key and resetting it to default. None of it helped.

Edited by Sleezy

I get way less popping with the newui option.Anyone else notice that?

I had to go back to the oldui because I kept on losing ammo and couldn't reload even with the hotbar method any more.

• Like 2