boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I see the infamous "THE TEST 1" server is up and running 0.59.130701

It seems like there may be a new build on the way  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Well, while we wait...here is today's story with pictures. 

From Nurse Danger's Diary:

Started out at my home-camp, in order to bring healing to the world. First I took some refreshment at a local spring.

2015-11-30_00011_zpsswauyndx.jpg[/]

On the way to Novaya Petrovka, I found these rad shades to complete my outfit:

2015-11-30_00012_zpsvns9y6q8.jpg

All went well. I started building up the medical center at an old school building, ready to take host... I mean patients. I cleared out the old police station's cell, in order to make room for anyone misbehaving. 

2015-11-30_00018_zpsvp5kxoyw.jpg2015-11-30_00019_zpsqepayquc.jpg

*car tents - right. When you're looking for one...*

I then went looking for a radio, to call in survivors when I spotted my first two vict...patients entering the police station. I went in through the back entrance, waited for them to adress me and introduced myself formally (they were upstairs):

"I am Nurse Danger. I am here to heal the shit out of you guys!"

French Sounding babble replied. I could not understand. 

"I am here to heal you. I am friendly", I said.

I added:

"I just have to shoot you first."

A moment of silence, then he snarled:

"I em nat fwiendly man!"

I resignated and accepted fate. I used the Skorpion first and then the Red 9.

2015-11-30_00022_zpsnegmqzgu.jpg

2015-11-30_00023_zpstkk7hzcx.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't aim at their balls and killed them both in the process of examination. One was called "Golden", I forgot to take the other's pulse. I retreated with loot, instead of patients and the server shut down, right when I was in visible reach of my tent, damn! The mission of healing - two cured today with experimental treatment. Partial Success!

The spoils of war/healing the shit out of people:

2015-11-30_00024_zpshfosalbj.jpg

NursDanger: The Beginning (I plan on doing more nurse-work):

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229962-exp-update-059/page-86

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 5

New experimental going out, probable fix to degrading performance of servers.

Somehow that link is broken....

But thanks for the speedy updates Mr. Pill!

• Like 1

No character wipe.

No 1PP.

:(

No persistence reset either, still got all my stashes.  But yeah, no love for 1PP, WTFUWT??

• Like 1

I don't expect to be doing any more exp before it goes stable.  if anyone wants a scoped blaze (no ammo though) I can give you directions to the barrel and the server it's on.  message me.

there's some assorted other ammo and a spark plug and other crap in the barrel too

btw it's in 3pp

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 2

No persistence wipe either. My camp and all the goods are still there. Were vehicles reset? Everything worked good, except I'm annoyed by how my weapons switch out. I carry a Skorpion and a Winchester and sometimes the Skorpion goes to the space in my backpack, sometimes it takes the slot of the winchester on my back. It's confusing me why that happens. Seems to be something about double pressing hotkeys. 

Why do people prefer the Blaze over a Winchester? Or don't they? - I always get the impression. It seems the Winchester is the better rifle, reloading being so without feeback on the Blaze (except when you have a snap loader, I guess) and the Winchester's bigger internal magazine. Is it just because the Blaze can double fire, or why do people love it so much?

I also found out today that there is yet another camp in my vicinity. One has two barrels, one has a military tent and the other just a civilian tent. I stumbled across them. It's amazing how you miss stuff sometimes on the first pass.  

I noticed stuff (waterproof bags, etc.) that used to stick around as a duplicate when I had already put it back into the barrel now actually disappears. Might just be the fresh server, or the patch works as advertised! Good to be working without that inventory lag. 

Some news on the 1st person servers would be good. But I guess they are just testing this patch out and if everything works as planned, all servers can go back to normal. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

No persistence wipe either. My camp and all the goods are still there. Were vehicles reset? Everything worked good, except I'm annoyed by how my weapons switch out. I carry a Skorpion and a Winchester and sometimes the Skorpion goes to the space in my backpack, sometimes it takes the slot of the winchester on my back. It's confusing me why that happens. Seems to be something about double pressing hotkeys. 

Why do people prefer the Blaze over a Winchester? Or don't they? - I always get the impression. It seems the Winchester is the better rifle, reloading being so without feeback on the Blaze (except when you have a snap loader, I guess) and the Winchester's bigger internal magazine. Is it just because the Blaze can double fire, or why do people love it so much?

I also found out today that there is yet another camp in my vicinity. One has two barrels, one has a military tent and the other just a civilian tent. I stumbled across them. It's amazing how you miss stuff sometimes on the first pass.  

I noticed stuff (waterproof bags, etc.) that used to stick around as a duplicate when I had already put it back into the barrel now actually disappears. Might just be the fresh server, or the patch works as advertised! Good to be working without that inventory lag. 

Some news on the 1st person servers would be good. But I guess they are just testing this patch out and if everything works as planned, all servers can go back to normal. 

the winchester's better.  the blaze just seems way easier to find

• Like 1

Hey guys! Still loving the testing! I went around with a few friends and played military, went on a zombie mission, got fired at - killed some KOSers,  Ended up playing in the Airfield (Such a good idea lol), killed some peoples, then my friend had to log. I went into Balota and right away I'm being shot at and I'm running because I can't tell from where. In the mean time, I find a shotgun and run into a church, find a hacksaw, load up my new Sawed Off Shotgun and pointed at the door until there was a runner and BAM!

Killed some random guy with a pistol after me xD Boy didn't expect some buckshot to the face lol

With all of this said, I've got plenty of suggestions on how to make the game more realistic, more full, grant players tons of more items and interactions! If you'd like to see or comment, add ideas, etc, click on the link and let me know! 

Hopefully we get 75 servers back - maybe dayz need new server structures, thoughts? 

Server performance is important though - I saw a streamer killed himself with a grenade at NW Airfield earlier today,

because he lags when he tries to throw it. 

the winchester's better.  the blaze just seems way easier to find

Depends on what yo like- I prefer the blaze. 2 rapid shots with little recoil is worth more to me than 5 shots with heavy recoil where you can lose sight of the enemy before the sight centres itself again.

Horses for courses dude.

• Like 1

Depends on what yo like- I prefer the blaze. 2 rapid shots with little recoil is worth more to me than 5 shots with heavy recoil where you can lose sight of the enemy before the sight centres itself again.

Horses for courses dude.

Agreed.  You can usually get off that second corrected shot before the target realizes what's happening and starts to evade.  That's huge.

Edited by owly

Toe-marry can haz moar updaht plox?

And teh 1ppxors, preety plox?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I expanded the medical tent area and build tents in the gym, too. much warmer and better protection there. Much confident. Such create! I put some food, water, matches, etc into each tent to make it look lived. The main car tent is full of medical supplies the second tent full of farming stuff and lights. If you find the camp, please post a message I left in the cartent. And leave your own message. Like carving names into a tree...

2015-12-01_00001_zpshf22v7by.jpg

2015-12-01_00002_zpstm3jyhud.jpg

2015-12-01_00006_zps6mqlbsso.jpg

Tomorrow I'll hang around there, trying to build an army, I mean, recruit more doctors. Come around, but travel light. I'll have a fire going, we can shoot some cows and heal the shit out of people outside the camp.

NursDanger

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 8

People just love to KOS.... Would love to test out the new stuff but cant stop running into knives for some reason

Edited by Masprotech

Hopefully we get 75 servers back - maybe dayz need new server structures, thoughts? 

Server performance is important though - I saw a streamer killed himself with a grenade at NW Airfield earlier today,

because he lags when he tries to throw it. 

Had the same thing happen to me seems throwing grenades is a bit bugged!

@S3v3n That school gym reminds me of refugees camp we have for Syrian refugees. 0.59 gives so much RP possibilities and there will be even more when Ikarus is in game.

Btw, you should wear pants. It's cold out there.

• Like 2

@S3v3n That school gym reminds me of refugees camp we have for Syrian refugees. 0.59 gives so much RP possibilities and there will be even more when Ikarus is in game.

Btw, you should wear pants. It's cold out there.

The message in the tent says: "refugees welcome" - so I thought the same ;)

I'm not big on role playing, in fact I have problems with people, who take it too seriously. However, this is one way to spend a fearless night playing and have some fun. I let myself gt distracted in Dayz, so I do new things and see new places. There are so many building on the map that are perfect for this kind of interaction and setting up camps. I agree, we will have more things to do all the time. That's the best part of joining a working Alpha development. Not always complain, make something from what is there. I'd absolutely love for us to all dress the same and ravage the airfield with a group of doctors and nurses. I have big plans for tonight :)

Pants? Be happy I wear underpants!

• Like 2

Pants? Be happy I wear underpants!

Problem with role playing in dayz is if other people dont know they should role play as well! I dont interact with players any more. If I see player I run away. 

• Like 2

Quick Tip! If you are playing in .59 and you find a car that is flipped... a nice Off-road with a spark plug, battery, and all its wheels and you are beyond ready to go on a roadtrip... but you make it ten feet down the road and flip. You're in luck, there is a fix for that!

If your car ever flips, go find the nearest zombie and lure them to the flipped car. position the car between yourself and the Zombie and wait for it to glitch into the car. then take a step back in shoot the deady in the head. 9 time out of 10 it will laugh the car into the air and flip it, ready to roll again!

• Like 3

When's more uk servers coming on anybody know. Also server 9 has disappeard I had 4 Barrels in that one lol