boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Where are you guys finding tents? I've been lurking around in military locations but have not found any in the military tents or officers tents. I found a regular tent in Severograd apartment and I'm on my way to Dubky to see if I can find some in those regions.

-snip-

You may want to use a spoiler for that many large pics in this thread.

I'm not sure what the standard is but the mods seem to appreciate it.

Where are you guys finding tents? I've been lurking around in military locations but have not found any in the military tents or officers tents. I found a regular tent in Severograd apartment and I'm on my way to Dubky to see if I can find some in those regions.

I just saw a military tent up at NWAF on SNG 0-2, but that's a pretty busy place. 

I found the tent I have in some one elses camp.  Greedy bastard had two civ tents, a vehicle tent and a military tent.  In the vehicle tent he had an operational Lada 4x, which got hung up on something in and went crazy.  Ruined all the attachments on the vehicle.  So, instead of the Lada I stole a tent instead.  Should have taken the others and threw them in a pond.  Never pitch your tents at the end of a dirt road.

• Like 4

Seems vicinity of Cape Golova is a spawn point for the Lada 4x, also found one in the hanger at NEAF.

Are zeds not respawning?  The only places I have seen any is in the coastal cities.

Edited by Barnabus

Anybody here on US Central 0-1?  It's getting pretty boring following people around the map, and looking for cars. Servers seem to be decidedly KOS now, and I'm afraid to loot alone...

Steam name same as here; add me if you like.

In -newui I can't see the amount of players in the server list, so I switched to oldui just to see.

I see 14 servers total, 4 are UK and all of them are 50/50 or close to it.

rbu5OIJ.png

pic of servers I'm seeing today

In -newui you can see the number of players on the server once you select a server, it appears on the bottom where the tabs are for filter and such

• Like 4

Has the recent update fixed vehicle behaviour and desync for passengers a bit more? I can't find a car, so couldn't try the driving. But I see some of the issues with drinking+glitching items have been resolved. I've seen pictures of the Lada with the spare wheel stored in it's correct place - under the hood. Can someone please try walking up to a Lada and putting one wheel next to the engine as a spare? Because if that works, we can either take 2 spare wheels or a wheel and a jerry can with the car's combined storage.

I also keep thinking, how cool it would be to have attachment slots for the vehicles, e.g. for a roof rack for gasoline and tent storage, a small trailer (to transport farming + building equip or boat), a winch, rallye lights, offroad bumper bar and whatever attachments were available for the Lada in real-life. This is what a Lada looks like that has some extras:

lada-nivaM_zps296gulza.jpg

I'm sure it will come to that later. If not through the retail game, then through modding.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

I just saw a military tent up at NWAF on SNG 0-2, but that's a pretty busy place. 

I found the tent I have in some one elses camp.  Greedy bastard had two civ tents, a vehicle tent and a military tent.  In the vehicle tent he had an operational Lada 4x, which got hung up on something in and went crazy.  Ruined all the attachments on the vehicle.  So, instead of the Lada I stole a tent instead.  Should have taken the others and threw them in a pond.  Never pitch your tents at the end of a dirt road.

Well, I would have called that "our" Lada but we stole it too  :lol:

Cheers!

• Like 3

0lVwt4D.jpg

the one on the left look familiar, you owe me a bag of rice and .380 rounds  :D

Edited by Mean Gun Morris
  • Like 5

Are zeds not respawning?  The only places I have seen any is in the coastal cities.

You should also find them in Novodmitrovsk and Stary Sobor. I can't confirm for the more recent builds, but they should be in Severograd and Novaya Petrovka as well.

EDIT: Maybe Zelenogorsk as well? I don't recall.

I also keep thinking, how cool it would be to have attachment slots for the vehicles, e.g. ... a small trailer 

Can you even imagine the results of your average driver in DayZ pulling a trailer with them? They'd be airborne or sideways 95% of the time  :lol:

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Has the recent update fixed vehicle behaviour and desync for passengers a bit more? I can't find a car, so couldn't try the driving. But I see some of the issues with drinking+glitching items have been resolved. I've seen pictures of the Lada with the spare wheel stored in it's correct place - under the hood. Can someone please try walking up to a Lada and putting one wheel next to the engine as a spare? Because if that works, we can either take 2 spare wheels or a wheel and a jerry can with the car's combined storage.

Yesterday I was the passenger in The Riddler's sedan for quit a long while and it made me nauseous. In low speeds it's not bad, similar to riding in the V3S in stable, but it doesn't take much to get crazy choppy with rendering glitches and other anomalies like the speedometer randomly jumping around.

In case you haven't tried it yet, maintaining and driving these new vehicles is a massive pain in the arse! I don't mind having to scrounge around for parts but having to switch back and forth from the newui in order to replace ruined parts is a pain since it involves quitting and restarting the game. Oh and staying on the new ui isn't an option either, reloading your gun is much more difficult, and while driving it keeps nagging you to switch to the passenger seat or to kill the engine, very annoying! Also, I'm no longer sure what causes these vehicles not to start or drive correctly anymore, no rhyme or reason! Ruined spark plug and battery sometimes will start it up other times it won't. All four wheels are pristine and it still pulls hard one direction until you remove all of the tires at least once and don't get me started about how squirrely the frame gets when it's wheels are removed!  Lastly I think since the update you no longer have unlimited fuel, it seems that I ran out yesterday :(

When it finishes uploading I'll post a video of me riding, as a passenger, in the sedan so you can see what I mean.

• Like 4

Here it is, two glorious minutes of riding in the sedan complete with possessed speedometer!

https://youtu.be/y2JjzqV3_W4

Where did you guys find that one ! I still have yet to find one sedan but yet I carry a tire for it ... And who's the third passenger in back ?

• Like 1

0lVwt4D.jpg

the one on the left look familiar, you owe me a bag of rice and .380 rounds  :D

Holy cow.  Fair enough, but I took the .380 rounds.  The rice I just chucked.  Not sure why the Lada went crazy and got all dinged up. 

Edited by Barnabus

Where did you guys find that one ! I still have yet to find one sedan but yet I carry a tire for it ... And who's the third passenger in back ?

I've personally found three sedans in their spawn points at Pogorevka, Progovo, and that one was originally in Guglovo though in the video we had stashed it in the woods just north of Nagornoe. That was days ago and now I'm only finding V3s trucks in their spawns because the rest seem to be already claimed. Still if you run around the map you'll find plenty of wrecked vehicles that just need some new parts and/or a server restart to get them going again.

Somewhere in this Exp discussion, I can't find now, there's a map link that shows all of the car spawns. I've saved a png of it if anyone needs I can email it to whomever asks.

Oh and one more piece of car advice that I forgot to mention earlier, don't let the zombies touch the vehicle while your driving it, it'll start ping ponging all over the place and eventually get wrecked. Evidence here: https://youtu.be/9RSvxJW3uCU?t=7m17s

Lastly I already posted this on the dev tracker about a week ago, it demonstrates how crazy the car can act when removing a tire on some uneven surface.

https://youtu.be/jq-Bz2rosGk

• Like 1

Hi guys, been following the status reports and dip in and out of the thread every now and again but haven't played for a while. Thought I'd put it on again to see how things have come on as I read that there were a few more vehicles and zombies were back but after playing for about two hours I've encountered no zombies?

Have they been removed again? I tried two servers and moved quite a bit in land from the coast but seen nothing. Quite disappointed after building myself up to playing it again for a while, I was looking forward to getting some zombie action.

Apart from the always full servers, I've had a good play session. I run around with this character for a while now, So I was able to collect a CR527 with 3 mags + 20 ammo, a red 9 with a clip and 40 ammo and a Winchester, also with 40 ammo. I never went near military. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but CR527 mags seem to spawn quite often in the northern towns. They are just a bit hard to see. I play only with the new UI and apart from being stuffed all the time, it works great for me. Made a camp again - this time for myself, but close to a Russian's tent, who left a note in his, which I can't read. With all the stuff I'm carrying, I often dropped a rifle or pistol, but I was always able to find it nearby. NewUI helps a lot with that and with getting tents from apartment's roofs. It seems like it works through the ceilings when you just stand at the right spot. I guess this is old news. 

A negative side-effect of the medieval helmet is that you can see it from really far away. I was near the edge of the map when I saw something gleam in the sun. Since I play with pretty low gfx settings, I can't really see people from very far. But I got out my binos and yes, there was a Mr. Knight running among the map seam, just waiting to be shot. I didn't however. He was too far away, and I didn't have a scope ;) Guess now with the Winchester, I'm gonna look for a scope again and switch it between my rifles. It also seems like car tents spawn again in the lower apartment blocks, since I came by a build cartent and three civilian tents when I was going to pickup my own tent.

Saw three guys today, shot one zombie, nothing else. I kept out of the south and went on fast looting-sprees, but I'm really surprised at how few people I've seen. It's good to see you can still pick a good part of the map and go about your business peacefully. I even found a new camp-spot, I had never seen before. I wouldn't mind this version going to stable without the bus. I hope this weekend's data is helpful with solving whatever problems the devs had. Server's were pretty much full all the time, so there's your data ^^

I'm looking forward to 1p servers again. Mainly, because I wanna see, if Camp Friendly is still there. Usually, I would have devoted the weekend to expanding that. It was cool though, I've been to some areas I rarely visited before.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

-snip-

I'm looking forward to 1p servers again. Mainly, because I wanna see, if Camp Friendly is still there. Usually, I would have devoted the weekend to expanding that. It was cool though, I've been to some areas I rarely visited before.   

I stepped away from DayZ until we get 1PP or a patch I guess.

If we had the server with that camp you started I surely would have played through the weekend.

I'm excited to see if we get some more rapid fire patches over the next week.

Dem vehicles need so much love and I would be ecstatic if we start to see some infected spread out around the map.

I know they are working on a new way to spawn infected but I can't recall what kind of timeline (if any) they offered on testing it out.

• Like 2

Can you even imagine the results of your average driver in DayZ pulling a trailer with them? They'd be airborne or sideways 95% of the time  :lol:

That would be awesome!! Everything in dayz should have price in difficulty.

And, I think peter mentioned this in one of the early status reports.

• Like 2

Has anyone cared to ask, why it is night all the time? I'd much prefer it the other way around, with nights the time that daytime lasts now. I like the night, there is just too much of it. 

• Like 2

Has anyone cared to ask, why it is night all the time? I'd much prefer it the other way around, with nights the time that daytime lasts now. I like the night, there is just too much of it. 

Yeah, ColdAtrophy pointed out that the nights seem to have been made longer than the days in the last few patches at least.

Maybe it's to provide a greater sense of relief for when the dawn breaks?

Maybe Chernarus has seasonally elongated nights due to geography?

Like when Alaska has a short day cycle?

Maybe the devs just like messing with us sometimes?

Because the timing is likely October (the default date where the mission is set). The more winter it's the less sun you'll see.

And the Chernarus environment is set to be like on Autumn.

The engine has realistic sun, moon and stars, so the date affects everything.

• Like 1

What's with the massive amount of stuttering?

Well that's why I linked that video, see in my previous post I mention that currently in experimental being a passenger is a nauseating experience, really choppy and loaded with gfx glitches.

It looks that it's already be submitted to the bug tracker so hopefully it'll get addressed in the next update.

• Like 1