boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Some footage of the offroad. It shares problems with the other vehicles, sliding on slopes, an inability to climb inclines when starting from rest, unresponsive steering, extreme bounciness at speed, the fact it's easy to roll and how you can't look behind you. Once it gets some momentum it works pretty well. Ran with ruined battery and spark plug. Couldn't repair headlights despite replacing the ruined bulbs with pristine ones.

After abandoning my car I traveled to Kamensk military base, had just entered the barracks looking for an SVD magazine when I heard soft footsteps outside... turned around, doors opened and bangbangbang. Despite this guy not firing a shot on my client I was left bleeding with some of my gear ruined. Shortly after my hands became glitched in fist mode (second time this patch) and lost the pistol while fixing it. I haven't seen someone up there for God knows how long. Since it's out of the way I checked to see if he'd come there in a vehicle but no dice.

• Like 8

Holy cow.  Fair enough, but I took the .380 rounds.  The rice I just chucked.  Not sure why the Lada went crazy and got all dinged up.

Haha it's all good, I'm assuming when Gary parked it in the tent it turned upon restart?

Haha it's all good, I'm assuming when Gary parked it in the tent it turned upon restart? I hopped in it, started it up, dropped it into first, hit w and she acted like she was pegged to the ground and acted like a bucking bronco.  Gave me a sprained ankle and damaged my pants and boots.  I am lucky it didn't kill me.

Not sure did he back it in? 

I hopped in it, started it up, dropped it into first, hit w and she acted like she was pegged to the ground and acted like a bucking bronco.  Gave me a sprained ankle and damaged my pants and boots.  I am lucky it didn't kill me.

Edited by Barnabus

Some footage of the offroad. It shares problems with the other vehicles, sliding on slopes, an inability to climb inclines when starting from rest, unresponsive steering, extreme bounciness at speed, the fact it's easy to roll and how you can't look behind you. Once it gets some momentum it works pretty well. Ran with ruined battery and spark plug. Couldn't repair headlights despite replacing the ruined bulbs with pristine ones.

-snip-

After abandoning my car I traveled to Kamensk military base, had just entered the barracks looking for an SVD magazine when I heard soft footsteps outside... turned around, doors opened and bangbangbang. Despite this guy not firing a shot on my client I was left bleeding with some of my gear ruined. Shortly after my hands became glitched in fist mode (second time this patch) and lost the pistol while fixing it. I haven't seen someone up there for God knows how long. Since it's out of the way I checked to see if he'd come there in a vehicle but no dice.

-snip-

Are you using -newui?  You can replace parts if you use -newui but not in default

Edited by Barnabus

Are you using -newui?  You can replace parts if you use -newui but not in default

He's using the -newui, you can see it in the footage.  ;)

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

Someone, in a payday mask, just tried to rob me on AUS/NZ 0-1.  Lucky for me he only had a blaze and no skill with it.  I ran, zigged, zagged, he got off 3 shots at me and whined "are you kidding me do you want to be killed?".  My hot bar, of course, decided that would be a fine time to ignore my commands.  Had to tab into inventory and draw my AK.  Just sent some supressive fire back his way to discourage pursuit and made my way, safely and unharmed, out of the area.  Thanks for the adreneline rush and for being a terrible shot, hope I didn't hit you when I sent some lead back at you on the two way range..  And no, I'm not kidding you and I don't want to be killed and I don't want to be robbed either, worked too hard to get my stuff to just give it away to the likes of you.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

He's using the -newui, you can see it in the footage.  ;)

Duh, Yeah I see it now

• Like 1

Not sure did he back it in? 

I hopped in it, started it up, dropped it into first, hit w and she acted like she was pegged to the ground and acted like a bucking bronco.  Gave me a sprained ankle and damaged my pants and boots.  I am lucky it didn't kill me.

Yeah Gary had backed it in exactly how it shows in the pic, now that I think about it there was no restart when we were all online together as we seen you get kicked for BE not responding. Really not sure how the car freaked out, I'm guessing it got stuck on the tent.
  • Like 1

Hi guys, been following the status reports and dip in and out of the thread every now and again but haven't played for a while. Thought I'd put it on again to see how things have come on as I read that there were a few more vehicles and zombies were back but after playing for about two hours I've encountered no zombies?

Have they been removed again? I tried two servers and moved quite a bit in land from the coast but seen nothing. Quite disappointed after building myself up to playing it again for a while, I was looking forward to getting some zombie action.

Are you playing exclusively in small towns and villages? Because there's a massive amount of zombies in Zeleno, Stary, Novodmitrovsk,Severograd just to name a few. The bigger inland cities seem to be sprawling with them. I'm sure the distribution is nowhere near final, but if you know where to look you might even get more than you bargained for  :P

• Like 2

Yeah Gary had backed it in exactly how it shows in the pic, now that I think about it there was no restart when we were all online together as we seen you get kicked for BE not responding. Really not sure how the car freaked out, I'm guessing it got stuck on the tent.

It was backed in when I saw it.  I think the tent had something to do with it too, like maybe the Lada slid into it and locked itself into it. 

That BE thing has been happening to me during my initial game log in.  After that it lets me back in and works fine.  I reported it on bug tracker.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Is range meter working in 0.59??? I got only 7metrs maximum.

Thank god its only alpha forewermaaan :thumbsup:

I'm really enjoying my new personality as NursDanger. My plan is to bring healing to the map.

Nurse Danger goes, where the danger is! However, he is a bit obsessed with collecting blood samples and healing those not in need. Nurse Danger heals the shit out of you, even if you don't want it!

If you see a guy in blue nurse dress foraging the clinics for supplies that's probably me. Approach with caution, nurse is armed and dangerous! I'll try the South Park method of shooting my victims only in the balls. Then I'll heal them. See if that makes me find any new friends. Look for Nurse Danger on your 3p servers ;)!

2015-11-30_00009_zpsbsfyupik.jpg

NursDangePart 2:

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229962-exp-update-059/page-87

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

I'm really enjoying my new personality as Nurse Danger. My plan is to bring healing to the map.

Nurse Danger goes, where the danger is! However, he is a bit obsessed with collecting blood samples and healing those not in need. Nurse Danger heals the shit out of you, even if you don't want it!

If you see a guy in blue nurse dress foraging the clinics for supplies that's probably me. Approach with caution, nurse is armed and dangerous! I'll try the South Park method of shooting my victims only in the balls. Then I'll heal them. See if that makes me find any new friends. Look for Nurse Danger on your 3p servers ;)!

2015-11-30_00009_zpsbsfyupik.jpg

WTF, hahah

• Like 1

So.. is there still cannibal sickness in .59? I've eaten 3 entire people this morning with no luck getting the giggles <_<

Also not enjoying the time acceleration or extended nights much at all.

Edited by KenoSkir88
  • Like 1

It was backed in when I saw it.  I think the tent had something to do with it too, like maybe the Lada slid into it and locked itself into it. 

That BE thing has been happening to me during my initial game log in.  After that it lets me back in and works fine.  I reported it on bug tracker.

For the record, I backed it in until it hit the back wall of the car tent, I remember thinking it was parked in there pretty square.

The tent however was facing northwest, so upon server restart the car rotated clockwise to north facing,

I'd bet it was then that it got all glitched up and jacked in the tent.

Next time I'll make sure the car tent is placed facing true north/south and make sure the car isn't touching any walls-

or better yet, I'll just park the damn thing outdoors  B) 

That Lada has ruined more than one pair of boots.

• Like 2

Are you playing exclusively in small towns and villages? Because there's a massive amount of zombies in Zeleno, Stary, Novodmitrovsk,Severograd just to name a few. The bigger inland cities seem to be sprawling with them. I'm sure the distribution is nowhere near final, but if you know where to look you might even get more than you bargained for  :P

Ah okay that makes sense, I was in small towns the whole time but still strange that I seen no zombies at all! Cheers :D

• Like 1

So.. is there still cannibal sickness in .59? I've eaten 3 entire people this morning with no luck getting the giggles <_<

Also not enjoying the time acceleration or extended nights much at all.

You should come see Nurse Danger! Would you like to make an appointment? You sound highly qualified for the medical camp I'm building; as a "doctor", I mean.

Edited by S3V3N

When initially meeting other survivors, mad-giggles are the scariest thing to hear.   It really covers a lot of ground, in the way of introductions.

has anyone managed to find fishing nets yet ?

I looked for them too, no joy.  I ran the whole coast too, the random boats I did find had raincoats and boonie hats or canned tuna..

Edited by Barnabus

Are the servers down? I just went offline, just before Nurse Danger reached his secret camp...

Edited by S3V3N

Are the servers down? I just went offline, just as Nurse Danger reached his secret camp. Just before...

I don't see any servers right now either,

.. it figures I just stored my third off-road wheel for a Lada that's just waiting for a stuntdriver  B)

It seems those sneaky devs are up to something... we'll have to wait and see

• Like 2

Maybe 1pp will get some love today.

• Like 3