kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

COOL right on, i was a little shocked as i was doing the sneaky ninja thing to avoid zombies and never saw them.  Cool looks like good things are coming glad to see vehicles finaly are here.  Look forward to the Zombies again though

Yeah, man.

The player base is fairly splintered into people who prioritize different aspects of development and watch those features more closely than others.

Persistence, base building, vehicles, infected, PvP, and crafting, are some of the major features different testers focus on for different mostly personal entertainment reasons.

I rate infected AI and infected population amongst the highest priorities for development while some one else has infected as a low priority in their minds.

I have trouble staying interested in DayZ builds with less/no infected in them.

Once I'm done gearing up and maybe trying some new thing I log out after a few hours.

When infected are reintroduced (and hopefully en masse) I will be back to playing long sessions and posting my perpetually indented experiences here.

My guess is that maybe we'll see infected reintroduced at some point in the next 1-3 months.

*sigh*

• Like 2

Not gonna lie, reading these last 2 pages made me feel better about taking a break for the last week. I had racked up about 200 hours in the previous month so I probably overdid it. Lost count of how many primary weapons I lost due to the item glitch, logging out and logging back in only to find I had empty hands and nothing on the ground.

I'll be back in a month or when zombies and persistence are working. LaterZ

Hey there, I loose my weapons basically on a daily basis due to bugs but that never encouraged me to stop playing, it's just making us stronger. There is no game that comes to my mind that I would still continue playing when having things like that keep happening so often, gotta love DayZ and especially the people in here. I played the games for the majority of my life and I never stumbled upon a helpful and a nice community as this one here :)

Edited by Miracool
  • Like 1

So their is no zombies?  I just got back to Dayz two days ago and havent seen 1 zombie in Exp or Stable?  Thought this was a zombie survival game.  If their is servers with zombies can somebody point the way??

They've took a break, let them be for a while :)

• Like 1

For anyone having issues finding loot in Exp.

I've noticed that  if you're the first one in the area after a restart, you're essentially the trigger to spawn that loot and it always seems to spawn once you leave the area. So, backtrack.

Edited by Boneboys

Yeah, man.

The player base is fairly splintered into people who prioritize different aspects of development and watch those features more closely than others.

Persistence, base building, vehicles, infected, PvP, and crafting, are some of the major features different testers focus on for different mostly personal entertainment reasons.

I rate infected AI and infected population amongst the highest priorities for development while some one else has infected as a low priority in their minds.

I have trouble staying interested in DayZ builds with less/no infected in them.

Once I'm done gearing up and maybe trying some new thing I log out after a few hours.

When infected are reintroduced (and hopefully en masse) I will be back to playing long sessions and posting my perpetually indented experiences here.

My guess is that maybe we'll see infected reintroduced at some point in the next 1-3 months.

*sigh*

I see and share your disappointment but I highly doubt it will take anywhere near 3 months to see them back in action , my guess is we will see zombies in .58 stable but they will not respawn so they will be few and far between , but my theory is they will be back full force .59 experimental !

So I survived hypothermia today, barely.  And yes,, it comes on fast and brutal.  Drenched, upper N.E. side of Chernarus, it rained for hours.  Typically not an issue, been able to manage body temp well for the most part, but not this time.  I went over the edge, from energized & healthy to hypothermic, everything gray, in a matter of minutes, or so it seemed.

Once you are wet (body), and get hypothermia, (freezing doesn't count) even changing out gear had minimal affect in my observations, new stuff gets wet/damp just putting it on.  For what it's worth, those often silly looking heat packs saved my butt from what I can tell.  Lucked out, found 3, TWICE,  activated them, put weapon in hand and sprinted for over an hour until I started to warm up slowly, heading West.  Eat often to energize, drink often to hydrate, took two hours until I returned to healthy status.  Oh and I have some extra glow plugs...

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

So I survived hypothermia today, barely. And yes,, it comes on fast and brutal. Drenched, upper N.E. side of Chernarus, it rained for hours. Typically not an issue, been able to manage body temp well for the most part, but not this time. I went over the edge, from energized & healthy to hypothermic, everything gray, in a matter of minutes, or so it seemed.

Once you are wet (body), and get hypothermia, (freezing doesn't count) even changing out gear had minimal affect in my observations, new stuff gets wet/damp just putting it on. For what it's worth, those often silly looking heat packs saved my butt from what I can tell. Lucked out, found 3, TWICE, activated them, put weapon in hand and sprinted for over an hour until I started to warm up slowly, heading West. Eat often to energize, drink often to hydrate, took two hours until I returned to healthy status.

In lieu of heat packs you can put canned goods in the fire place and back to your inventory, you have to be real quick to not damage them.

• Like 3

Now ya tell me...lol. 

In lieu of heat packs you can put canned goods in the fire place and back to your inventory, you have to be real quick to not damage them.

I see and share your disappointment but I highly doubt it will take anywhere near 3 months to see them back in action , my guess is we will see zombies in .58 stable but they will not respawn so they will be few and far between , but my theory is they will be back full force .59 experimental !

I'm just being pragmatic, for my sanity's sake.

The SA was essentially "without infected" right up until .55.

The numbers so low and AI/difficulty so basic they were almost a non-entity.

I stopped testing and lurked the forum and status report after experiencing full on Alpha Burnout.

I came back when I heard rumors of rumors of infected spawn increase and then new AI and infected models.

I want to believe we will mess with more experimental infected spawn servers or full infected spawn builds by .60.

I would hope that by .61 or .62 infected will be reintroduced into stable but a big part of me thinks that is overly optimistic somehow.

Infected in their current state are obviously a massive drain on server resources and the AI interaction is rough at best.

I'm hoping the devs can find a way to minimize this server drain and still give us dynamic opponents.

The new character animation systems may also affect the way we interact with the infected positively, so we may have that to look forward to as well.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

At this point, I wouldn't discount the possibility. There are server performance and lag issues with no zombies whatsoever currently. Even if they fixed the AI code tomorrow, they couldn't possibly add them back in right now. Server performance already appears to be on the razor's edge. I don't think the AI is the only problem that is holding back the reintroduction of zombies.

Thanks all for the polite responses. I'm not a DayZ troll; quote the opposite, I am enthralled with the concept and can't wait for something a little further on in developlment. Yes, I know this is Alpha, just had to vent here and since I paid for the privelage to test, I thought I would share it here. To the developers, full speed ahead.

• Like 2

Popped on tonight for a couple. Been playing something very old. Started on the coast, had a backpack and canteens and a shotgun with ammo pretty fast. Canned food was available and no zombies makes it a quiet stroll thru town. Jittery graphics, even with the gtx 960. Climbed up into a house and shut the door and imagined I brought some boards and nails and a hammer.

• Like 1

I dont know when you started playing SA, but there were at least two updates with crazy infected spawning. I think .42/.43 but not sure. Zeds would instantly respawn close to where they died and instantly aggro on you (but they would aggro anyway because you were had to shoot all the time). There was one night when I played with friends when we had to escape Novi Sobor because 4 of us couldnt fight them off. It was like scene from Bravo Two Zero, where two were shooting and other two reloading behind them. One of best SA sessions ever.

• Like 5

I dont know when you started playing SA, but there were at least two updates with crazy infected spawning. I think .42/.43 but not sure. Zeds would instantly respawn close to where they died and instantly aggro on you (but they would aggro anyway because you were had to shoot all the time). There was one night when I played with friends when we had to escape Novi Sobor because 4 of us couldnt fight them off. It was like scene from Bravo Two Zero, where two were shooting and other two reloading behind them. One of best SA sessions ever.

Yeah even f it was bugged or something, in the end it was fun. I also remember two of my friends dying because the horde was too much to handle and they were already dying in hunger so it was a big last stance. I tried to save them bit later because I wasn't with them but I couldn't get them up and then I had to run away those same zombies.

• Like 1

There is still too much food, I even had to throw some away to make room. Weapon spawns are good, played for a few hours and found a double barrel shotgun and some ammo for other guns.

Edited by Hekeetsu

Weapon spawns are good, played for a few hours and found a double barrel shotgun and some ammo for other guns.

I've been carrying around the same trumpet for the last 3 or 4 days.  

A worn hunting scope is attached and I've collected about four 10 round .22 Sporter mags, of course I still haven't seen a Sporter!

In true DayZ fashion I've passed up other rifles and then find their respective mags -  but never finding the exact item I'm looking for.

When I finally see that Sporter I'll probably become so overwhelmed that I do something completely irrational -

- like fall out of a hunting stand or push the wrong key and drink from the gas can I've been lugging around   :lol:

+1 for limited weapon spawns

• Like 2

I saw a sporter in cherno inside one of the houses yesterday - so they spawn indeed, 

Infected in their current state are obviously a massive drain on server resources and the AI interaction is rough at best.

This to me doesn't bode well for what I'd like to see in 'DayZ', which is 100's of infected in major towns and random hordes across the map.

If they're causing so much hassle on servers, my suspicion is that they will just never be adaptable to the game in a manner that allows them to be used in an effective manner.

At present, 'DayZ' is simply a slightly glorified PvP game where people get a gun and head off to Cherno or Electro to see how long they'll last and it'll remain that way without a serious threat from zombies.

• Like 1

Almost 200 pages, that's a huge milestone right there. :)

For anyone having issues finding loot in Exp.

I've noticed that if you're the first one in the area after a restart, you're essentially the trigger to spawn that loot and it always seems to spawn once you leave the area. So, backtrack.

Unfortunately that is not how the CLE works. I have witnessed more than once that loot respawned on the fly next to me.

How am I so sure about that? Last time this happened I went to a water pump which had a lot of soda on and next to it. Of course I drank these soda's before beginning to drink at the well. While drinking from my bottle which I filled at the well I saw a jacket or shirt spawn right next to the well.

I'm just being pragmatic, for my sanity's sake.

The numbers so low and AI/difficulty so basic they were almost a non-entity.

I stopped testing and lurked the forum and status report after experiencing full on Alpha Burnout.

I came back when I heard rumors of rumors of infected spawn increase and then new AI and infected models.

I want to believe we will mess with more experimental infected spawn servers or full infected spawn builds by .60.

I would hope that by .61 or .62 infected will be reintroduced into stable but a big part of me thinks that is overly optimistic somehow.

I'm hoping the devs can find a way to minimize this server drain and still give us dynamic opponents.

The new character animation systems may also affect the way we interact with the infected positively, so we may have that to look forward to as well.

My guess is that they will be back in one of the upcoming versions. Might be 0.59, 0.60, 0.61 or 0.70 for all we know. But think about it, won't you rather have a shitload of infected which you can kill with no lag or the other way around?

I know what I want and that is the first option. Sure, I like killing infected and miss them every now and then, it makes you play reckless instead of looking everywhere. But I rather sacrifice the infected now and get them back later with higher numbers and higher performance.

The real thing which is driving me nuts is 0.59. All enter the partybus, wohooo! :lol:

At this point, I wouldn't discount the possibility. There are server performance and lag issues with no zombies whatsoever currently. Even if they fixed the AI code tomorrow, they couldn't possibly add them back in right now. Server performance already appears to be on the razor's edge. I don't think the AI is the only problem that is holding back the reintroduction of zombies.

True, for some reason something else is bugging the performance (I know, poor choice of words).

Now I haven't played Arma 2 a lot or the DayZ Mod. Can somebody tell me how performance was in a 50 person server?

Thanks all for the polite responses. I'm not a DayZ troll; quote the opposite, I am enthralled with the concept and can't wait for something a little further on in developlment. Yes, I know this is Alpha, just had to vent here and since I paid for the privelage to test, I thought I would share it here. To the developers, full speed ahead.

That's why I didn't burn you. I rather have people take a break than go full ape on the internet to the communities and the developers.

There is still too much food, I even had to throw some away to make room. Weapon spawns are good, played for a few hours and found a double barrel shotgun and some ammo for other guns.

I don't even pick up canned spaghetti, baked beans and sometimes peaches. There is enough bacon and dry food to live on.

I've been carrying around the same trumpet for the last 3 or 4 days.

A worn hunting scope is attached and I've collected about four 10 round .22 Sporter mags, of course I still haven't seen a Sporter!

In true DayZ fashion I've passed up other rifles and then find their respective mags - but never finding the exact item I'm looking for.

When I finally see that Sporter I'll probably become so overwhelmed that I do something completely irrational -

- like fall out of a hunting stand or push the wrong key and drink from the gas can I've been lugging around :lol:

+1 for limited weapon spawns

Same with me and the shotgun yesterday. You have a shotgun and no ammo, switch the shotgun for a Blaze and find the ammo 1 house later. :lol: Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Almost 200 pages, that's a huge milestone right there. :)

and there's even a few quality posts in here too  :P

VtUEn4m.jpg

i kid...

• Like 7

Unfortunately that is not how the CLE works. I have witnessed more than once that loot respawned on the fly next to me.

How am I so sure about that? Last time this happened I went to a water pump which had a lot of soda on and next to it. Of course I drank these soda's before beginning to drink at the well. While drinking from my bottle which I filled at the well I saw a jacket or shirt spawn right next to the well.

DanicaHamlin (nascar fun much lol) described spawning as it was in the Mod. You had a loot bubble. Once inside everything spawned. Once you left it disappeared. This was easily taken advantage of. Wonder if they are trying to use a hybrid of the loot bubble to help with performance + CLE.

Perhaps when you were at the well someone snuck up behind you and dropped the shirt!?

Edited by hrdrok

I haven't seen any shotgun ammo at all.

Most reliable shotgun shell spawn in my experience has been police cars. Second best: the stoves of the green or orange houses with the stairs on either one side or both that lead to the door.

• Like 1