kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I meant to imply that the nature of the answer given is negative but you are correct to imply that the wording could be construed either way.

:wacko:

Yeah, but I also wanted to specify how I liked the idea, and that if it is relatively easy for the devs to implement them, they should do it. It would make the experience of playing and testing Dayz much more pleasing.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 1

Yeah, but I also wanted to specify how I liked the idea, and that if it is relatively easy for the devs to implement them, they should do it. It would make the experience of playing and testing Dayz much more pleasing.

Unfortunately, I believe this idea was brought up a long time ago and summarily shot down.

As badly as I desire infected in writhing frothing hordes, I can imagine that there are many reasons why it isn't "relatively easy" to just throw them in on the client side.

Also, DayZ is weird hodge podge of stuff at all times. Things break in exponential fashion.

There must be internal builds full of shiny stuff we haven't seen or heard of being hammered away at all times that demand the devs full attention and from all angles.

I have faith in the GodZ coding my nemeses that even now as I type this they are making them nastier and nastier and they will put the infected of the past to shame in form and function.

Speaking of nasty, I really like the work the artist is doing for the new infected facial models.

Edit: I wonder if he is paid by the head....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I've been okay without the zombies, but definitely looking forward to their return. Just player interaction is such an adrenaline rush that keeps me on the edge of my seat at all times. But having zombies and players creates another world .. especially if you are in a building but can't hear the zombie making noise but can hear foot steps who or what could it be?

Back on topic, I noticed I duplicated the problem again to where when I was switching weapons and hit the wrong hot key, I immediately clicked the correct and no weapon got armed and I could not get one put into my hands manually by dragging or hot key. Not sure if they narrowed that down to what is causing that yet but I'll see if I can make it happen on a consistent basis.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Had a client crash (memory) in the second as I tore a (blue - I think) sweater into rags. I believe I had this in other builds too.

Today I walked from Pulkovo to Myshkino tent city. On my way to Myshkino I found not much, but useful loot - no backpack. In Myshkino I found more loot (three backpacks) and I searched some house more than one time and the loot is definitively respawning.
Found a mosin, double shotgun and the shotgun with the pistol grip.
The tent city was looted, there was a pants with ruined burlap srips in it. Found different ammo types, lots of boots and helmets.
It was raining very often but luckily I found a raincoat short after I spawned in, so no problem with hypothermia.

haven't noticed/seen that before: crunchin' crisps EXP 03/07/2017

xs6setth.jpg

I just realized that I've had -newUI launch parameter but I actually haven't ever seen the new UI in-game. Is the -nosplash blocking it somehow? That's only parameeter with the -newUI I've been running.

I've been okay without the zombies, but definitely looking forward to their return. Just player interaction is such an adrenaline rush that keeps me on the edge of my seat at all times. But having zombies and players creates another world .. especially if you are in a building but can't hear the zombie making noise but can hear foot steps who or what could it be?

I always found infected to be of strategical use, too (at least in their working state). For one, I could wait until they hassle the guy who's shooting at me and use the zombie-chaos to put him down. Secondly, the infected helped to locate such players, in case I lost line of sight. Also, when you enter a city and see no zombies, you know someone's been around or still is around; prescribes caution. I actually chose not to kill zombies very often, because I intended to scout that area for a while without giving away that I'm there. Without zombies the game just caters to PvP, not only because that's the most fun for most people, but also because there is no penalty or danger to be had from hordes of bloodthirsty headmunchers. The infected made the game a lot more enjoyable to me as a solo experience, too.

I wonder when we will see the ability to help other players when they are unconscious and being eaten. That was one of the nice features of the mod, and I often found cool guys and gals to play with, just because we acknowledged that survival would be a lot easier if at least one of us stayed around for the revive/save. I guess that kind of stuff is coming back, once the issues with infected are sorted.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I always found infected to be of strategical use, too (at least in their working state). For one, I could wait until they hassle the guy who's shooting at me and use the zombie-chaos to put him down. Secondly, the infected helped to locate such players, in case I lost line of sight. Also, when you enter a city and see no zombies, you know someone's been around or still is around; prescribes caution. I actually chose not to kill zombies very often, because I intended to scout that area for a while without giving away that I'm there. Without zombies the game just caters to PvP, not only because that's the most fun for most people, but also because there is no penalty or danger to be had from hordes of bloodthirsty headmunchers. The infected made the game a lot more enjoyable to me as a solo experience, too.

I wonder when we will see the ability to help other players when they are unconscious and being eaten. That was one of the nice features of the mod, and I often found cool guys and gals to play with, just because we acknowledged that survival would be a lot easier if at least one of us stayed around for the revive/save. I guess that kind of stuff is coming back, once the issues with infected are sorted.  

Oh definitely. If you see a zombie halfway out in the water near the island .. that should tell you a little something heh.

Yep, and I keep collecting and throwing them in the lake just N.E. of servograd (sp?) a couple UMP's and a V3S, along with all the magazines I can find.  If you can't find a snap loader in a deer stand then you can blame me instead of CLE. Oh and can I complain that a snap loader takes up a whole inventory slot, really?  I digress, we need some mini inventory slots...

I haven't seen any shotgun ammo at all.

Both ammo & snap loaders are spawning.

Edited by Super_Duty

Have you ever logged in to Exp. and totally forget where you were and what the hell you were doing when you logged out the night before?  Happens to me all the time, must be the damn JD.  Oh yeah, testing BC's theory of putting food cans in a fire but using stones instead to see if that works too... Never mind.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

Have you ever logged in to Exp. and totally forget where you were and what the hell you were doing when you logged out the night before?  Happens to me all the time, must be the damn JD.  Oh yeah, testing BC's theory of putting food cans in a fire but using stones instead to see of that works too... Never mind.

Swear stones used to but could be wrong, tried it the other night out of desperation when I eventually succumbed to hypothermia. Tools, handcuffs, etc. might work though?

**edit**

Cans 100% do I put them in my pockets before I swim if possible so  I can warm up and dry out faster or not have to immediately after getting out of the water.  

Edited by BCBasher

Need to spend some time figuring out the most efficient method.  Hypo is brutal, as you are well aware.  Dev's... don't mess with it though please!  Gotta weed out those pesky wannabe's draining all our resources.

Swear stones used to but could be wrong, tried it the other night out of desperation when I eventually succumbed to hypothermia. Tools, handcuffs, etc. might work though? 

• Like 1

Do you spend all day thinkin this shit up?

**edit**

Cans 100% do I put them in my pockets before I swim if possible so  I can warm up and dry out faster or not have to immediately after getting out of the water.  

• Like 1

Not that I've tried it lately but I like to just walk sometimes, I have a feeling in this build especially if it's raining some hot cans would help.

I'm fruitlessly big game hunting to see where tanning sits, good 8 hours sweeping the SE corner yesterday and didn't even find a chicken. Chasing a helispawn trail right now just to get me out and around, since someone asked I found 21 shotgun shells and 2 boxes of 45 at a us crash.

Fond that if I stay in the triangle between Solchiny, the outskirts of Elektro and Skalitisy (totally avoiding Kamy) loot respawns quick enough to support myself (and junior when he gets back) and stash a good amount of back up stuff if I get sent back to the beach.  

Do you spend all day thinkin this shit up?

Currently yes.

• Like 1

Hunting scope on a trumpet?

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it for killin' folk, but if you want to ruin all of their inventory and put them in a world of unconscious hurt that's the weapon of choice  :lol:

A: How would that affect the quality of the data logs? who cares?

B: Would the work needed to implement such a thing be an undue tax on dev resources? No, the code already exists change a few variables and bobs your uncle.

If the answer to any of the above is negative, I would say it would be worth holding off such a thing. Its a shame you don't have any actual say isn't it? I mean literally none, same as me. 

Were the modding tools available today I would just do it. But they aren't so I have to suggest in the forums. 

Edited by B@ker

That's my point, you're essentially the trigger spawning the loot, and most of the time it spawns behind you as you are moving away. You saw items spawn because you were stationary for a little time. Most people run in and out of houses. If they were to stick around, the loot would spawn in front of them as it did for you.

Almost 200 pages, that's a huge milestone right there. :)

Unfortunately that is not how the CLE works. I have witnessed more than once that loot respawned on the fly next to me.
How am I so sure about that? Last time this happened I went to a water pump which had a lot of soda on and next to it. Of course I drank these soda's before beginning to drink at the well. While drinking from my bottle which I filled at the well I saw a jacket or shirt spawn right next to the well.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

Has anyone mentioned portable gas stove not being able to be added to your backpack? I don't remember reading anything about it yet, I have plenty of room, it's put together, but it' shows red when trying to add it to an inventory slot.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Yep, I know that develpment is ongoing, I'm just voicing a fear that I have that the issues with the zombie causing problems over servers might prove to be too difficult to conquer. It does seem to be a very "big time" bug causer.

It's not an easy task, that's for sure. But then again, very few things are really "easy" in terms of development. I completely understand your worries, but it's another one of those issues that the guys are also dedicated to break since the infected is very much an integral part of DayZ.

• Like 10

Speaking of helispawns, I can confirm that the FNX45, MRDS (was asked about not too long ago) and Silencer are spawning.  Imgur is broke at the moment, keeps erroring out trying to upload a couple pics.

Regarding the game, in the game, I saw 1 deer doing loop de loops in a circle yesterday.  I saw a goat's head poking out from the ground as it walked along a couple days ago, body was under the map,  and one of my favorite spots, on one of my favorite routes, has been devoid of chickens, which is not the norm.  They're always there, pre this latest update.

I'm fruitlessly big game hunting to see where tanning sits, good 8 hours sweeping the SE corner yesterday and didn't even find a chicken. Chasing a helispawn trail right now just to get me out and around, since someone asked I found 21 shotgun shells and 2 boxes of 45 at a us crash.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Thanks!

the guys are also dedicated to break since the infected is very much an integral part of DayZ.

That's my point, you're essentially the trigger spawning the loot, and most of the time it spawns behind you as you are moving away. You saw items spawn because you were stationary for a little time. Most people run in and out of houses. If they were to stick around, the loot would spawn in front of them as it did for you.

As far as I've noticed it's not spawning after your presence it's being replaced after it's moved. I almost stripped Tulga clean on an emptyish server last night did a lap of the area I was playing in and about half the items I took were replaced with items of the same class. I did this about three times and guns and backpacks seemed to even increase in frequency a bit.

Pretty much what I was doing this past weekend.  Northern part of the map, clearing areas, then looping back again, rinse and repeat.  Observations were that once the mid-level items were removed, mostly food and clothing would respawn until X period of time elapsed.  X is unknown at the moment, but either after a restart or quite possibly after a defined amount of time has past since entering the zone, the zone would refresh.  This exercise was specifically targeted at tents btw, with bitter results.  So yes, I have nothing to report other than I got tired of wool coats and jogging pants.

As far as I've noticed it's not spawning after your presence it's being replaced after it's moved. I almost stripped Tulga clean on an emptyish server last night did a lap of the area I was playing in and about half the items I took were replaced with items of the same class. I did this about three times and guns and backpacks seemed to even increase in frequency a bit.