kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Pretty much what I was doing this past weekend.  Northern part of the map, clearing areas, then looping back again, rinse and repeat.  Observations were that once the mid-level items were removed, mostly food and clothing would respawn until X period of time elapsed.  X is unknown at the moment, but either after a restart or quite possibly after a defined amount of time has past since entering the zone, the zone would refresh.  This exercise was specifically targeted at tents btw, with bitter results.  So yes, I have nothing to report other than I got tired of wool coats and jogging pants.

I can reboot the servers anytime I want right now, the few observations I've made with out wanting to get in trouble say reboot does nothing to loot anymore. I would love to see what happens if I do it while someone has eyes on anything AI related.  

-snip-who cares? I care about the speed, care, and efficiency, that DayZ dev takes and the quality of the logs affects this.

-snip-No, the code already exists change a few variables and bobs your uncle. And you're positive that DayZ in it's current state would handle the code properly, without game breakers? No testing, just plug and play? And I haven't seen my Uncle Bob in years, thanks for touching on a sore spot!

-snip-Its a shame you don't have any actual say isn't it? I mean literally none, same as me. Actually I have 1/3,160,977th of a say, same as you.

There it is, without being a total Prigorodky about it.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

DanicaHamlin (nascar fun much lol) described spawning as it was in the Mod. You had a loot bubble. Once inside everything spawned. Once you left it disappeared. This was easily taken advantage of. Wonder if they are trying to use a hybrid of the loot bubble to help with performance + CLE.

Perhaps when you were at the well someone snuck up behind you and dropped the shirt!?

No it isn't the same as the mod. I was at the well itself a few centimeters away, the spawn point was to my right so I could see it. No one came there and dropped a shirt, that's for certain.

That's my point, you're essentially the trigger spawning the loot, and most of the time it spawns behind you as you are moving away. You saw items spawn because you were stationary for a little time. Most people run in and out of houses. If they were to stick around, the loot would spawn in front of them as it did for you.

Well that's how it's supposed to be. If loot spawns immediately after you picked something up then you can stay in one place looting everything constantly.

Has anyone mentioned portable gas stove not being able to be added to your backpack? I don't remember reading anything about it yet, I have plenty of room, it's put together, but it' shows red when trying to add it to an inventory slot.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26853

I for one love persistence of the spawns. I've seen the same loot in my area for 3 days, loot I won't touch because I don't need it.

People love to argue that eventually all that will be left is trash loot, but someone will want that hockey stick soon. Or that wrench.

I love it. Makes you travel the map. Or loot cycle, but I prefer the first.

IMT,

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

I'm saying, people run through an area quickly, see no loot and assume nothing is spawning. The loot is spawning, it's just that you're the trigger, but you're moving so fast, that the loot does spawn, just not immediately.

Example:

Player runs through a long barn, nothing is spawned, he assumes nothing is there. Well, the loot did spawn, but you were moving so fast, you missed it all spawning behind you.

Your example of sitting at the well is a perfect example. The loot did spawn right infront of you because you were stationary and it had time to catch up.

I've tested this 3 times now. I enter an area that's been looted (all doors open), no loot. I start from the beginning of the town again, the loot has spawned it.

If you run in and out of houses, the loot spawning can't seem to predict that you're in the area, it's delayed.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

IMT,

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

I'm saying, people run through an area quickly, see no loot and assume nothing is spawning. The loot is spawning, it's just that you're the trigger, but you're moving so fast, that the loot does spawn, just not immediately.

Example:

Player runs through a long barn, nothing is spawned, he assumes nothing is there. Well, the loot did spawn, but you were moving so fast, you missed it all spawning behind you.

Your example of sitting at the well is a perfect example. The loot did spawn right infront of you because you were stationary and it had time to catch up.

I've tested this 3 times now. I enter an area that's been looted (all doors open), no loot. I start from the beginning of the town again, the loot has spawned it.

If you run in and out of houses, the loot spawning can't seem to predict that you're in the area, it's delayed.

Trust me, I understand you but it seems you don't understand the CLE. If an item gets looted and the amount of the item category went under the minimal it spawns a new item in a random spawn point of that category.

As far as I know players don't trigger loot spawns in certain area's.

• Like 4

Trust me, I understand you but it seems you don't understand the CLE. If an item gets looted and the amount of the item category went under the minimal it spawns a new item in a random spawn point of that category.

The map is cut is a quad and loot spawns are bases on players in each quadrant.

Please cite sources.  Thx!

For BC, hear hes' been hunting tail all day...

ivLHiYS.jpg

Ha, that's what may dad used to tell visitor kids was on the other side of the wall behind his giant elk head.

I haven't seen any shotgun ammo at all.

I have plenty but pretty much all of it way up north, most all of it boxed too, but not looking for shotguns.  Sporters seem to be the most commonly spawned rifle at this time, frigging everywhere.  Next most common I think are the IHZ 18, then the Mosin or maybe the repeater.  Haven't seen that many CR527 or Winchesters.

• Like 1

Ha, that's what may dad used to tell visitor kids was on the other side of the wall behind his giant elk head.

Not an Elk, though the neighbors were growing those down the road, but kinda like this eh?

L2fUqqb.jpg

• Like 3

I think you are BOTH right but in much different ways.  I have had items "spawn" in front of me inside buildings but I think that has more to do with desync rather than an actual item spawn.  For his example, the long barn, I've run in and out and back in, first run there's nothing, second run the floor has stuff I didn't "see" the first time.  Does not mean that it "spawned", just means the server caught up to me, so to speak.  However, I have been standing in place when suddenly an item appears in front of me (you can't have played nearly 4000 hours and NOT seen strange things) I pick it up and poof another item appears and so on and so on for a few iterations.  Anyway point is the next item would not spawn until the first one was picked up.  There used to be a feeding station that this was a pretty common occurrence at for quite awhile in some earlier builds.  

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

What, wait, you mean it isn't?

Man, we need an update.  Sheesh

Not an Elk, though the neighbors were growing those down the road, but kinda like this eh?

L2fUqqb.jpg

That's awesome.

Seriously did you kill and butcher them, I'm going to log back in and I'd love a hide to see where the barrel is at with tanning leather. If you dropped the hides or anything I'd also be curious how long they stick around, I'm not far from where they were. I found bones and some freshie pants today got me thinking the rate of decay if any would be useful information.

Regarding boats and netting spawns, some people don't know this yet, but the boats that spawn loot are now dynamic. This means that all the boats that you see on DayZ Map, showing their locations, they are all static boats, part of the environment now, and they don't spawn loot. Dynamic boats spawn throughout the coast, not sure how many spawn per server, I heard someone saying 10, but I don't know where they got that number.

They are not marked on any maps, just run through the shoreline and you will eventually see a boat with a bunch of loot around it. Don't bother server hopping, they are dynamic. I found 3 boats on a single run from Kamenka to Solichiniy before a server restart. After 5 boats, I finally had the netting for a full ghillie.

• Like 5

I've been leaving little presents in coat pockets and backpacks through my travels just to put a smile on people's face. When I go back through my route, I'll check and see if they're still there. It did almost get me killed tonight though. :)

When I was a kid we'd go to a neighbor's camp and there was a deer head mounted on the wall. The adults told us kids the deer was running and rammed into the house. The rest of it kept running into the woods. For the longest time I was out on the other side of that wall scratching my head trying to figure that one out. I was little and not too bright.

• Like 2

A few good days looting, still havent found a tent or a truck battery though

2ZQEZrh.jpg

N15jRyy.jpg

fkbXLhV.jpg

9flfhgO.jpg

ZdIl5cx.jpg

Nice!  I luv a good grind!  Battery for that ump mag? lol, been looking for one for a while.

That's awesome.

Seriously did you kill and butcher them, I'm going to log back in and I'd love a hide to see where the barrel is at with tanning leather. If you dropped the hides or anything I'd also be curious how long they stick around, I'm not far from where they were. I found bones and some freshie pants today got me thinking the rate of decay if any would be useful information.

Nope, I let them be, had other priorities.  Now being a couple time zone ahead of you, I need a nap!  

False. Those are not quadrants, but rather zones that are to be used to assign relative loot type/density profiles.  There are four of them, but quadrants they ain't.

• Like 2

Nope, I let them be, had other priorities.  Now being a couple time zone ahead of you, I need a nap!  

Well they weren't still there and no sign of anyone killing them.

Was it before the afternoon reset?

Regarding boats and netting spawns, some people don't know this yet, but the boats that spawn loot are now dynamic. This means that all the boats that you see on DayZ Map, showing their locations, they are all static boats, part of the environment now, and they don't spawn loot. Dynamic boats spawn throughout the coast, not sure how many spawn per server, I heard someone saying 10, but I don't know where they got that number.

They are not marked on any maps, just run through the shoreline and you will eventually see a boat with a bunch of loot around it. Don't bother server hopping, they are dynamic. I found 3 boats on a single run from Kamenka to Solichiniy before a server restart. After 5 boats, I finally had the netting for a full ghillie.

Well that explains my problem. Thank you good sir.

Are they identical to normal boats just +loot?

Well that explains my problem. Thank you good sir.

Are they identical to normal boats just +loot?

They look just like normal boats except sometimes they're floating a bit off the ground.