kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Loads of silage rolls floating in the air, Stary barn area for example, also dotted about here and there, noticed a few rocks having the same problem.

Anybody else noted this recently or has this been around for a while ?

Thanks.

• Like 3

Loads of silage rolls floating in the air, Stary barn area for example, also dotted about here and there, noticed a few rocks having the same problem.

Thanks.

I've seen this for a few weeks now

Changes in the SteamDB. May Its finally the stable release! (Not confirmed yet)

it´s an new experimental version, hopefully the final test of .58

• Like 1

it´s an new experimental version, hopefully the final test of .58

I hope so, and with carachter wipe. I didnt play for days. Last time I played, gearing up was way too easy.

• Like 3

Thanks.

There is kiosk in new square in Berezino that cant be entered. Doors are too close to wire fence.

I took that shot at 7:30pm EST.

Well they weren't still there and no sign of anyone killing them.

Was it before the afternoon reset?

The map is cut is a quad and loot spawns are bases on players in each quadrant.

The devs are working towards the regional control of loot, but I don't think that we're there yet.

Thanks.

It's been around for a while but I do think there are more rolls floating than before,

I've noticed a few of them around 035/002 that I'm almost certain were fixed to the ground in .57

edit:  or I should say before .57 went to stable

Edited by GaryWalnuts

Is it in yet?

Interested to see what they put in this one considering they feel its close to launch for stable.

Has 64bit servers been introduced yet?

Will this improve performance and/or help with zombie desync?

Interested to see what they put in this one considering they feel its close to launch for stable.

Probably fixing the hypothermia bug, the dupping with cooking pots and a bug that crashes the server.

• Like 1

Probably fixing the hypothermia bug, the dupping with cooking pots and a bug that crashes the server.

Ya and hopefully reintroducing zombies. We can only hope.

Has 64bit servers been introduced yet?

Servers: yes. Clients: no.

• Like 1

They were interested in fixing the server crash bug and the "items in hands" bug. Anything else that makes it in will be minor, and indeed it appears there are a few little odds and ends according to the feedback tracker changelog.

• Like 4

Please cite sources. Thx!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/

I think you are BOTH right but in much different ways. I have had items "spawn" in front of me inside buildings but I think that has more to do with desync rather than an actual item spawn. For his example, the long barn, I've run in and out and back in, first run there's nothing, second run the floor has stuff I didn't "see" the first time. Does not mean that it "spawned", just means the server caught up to me, so to speak. However, I have been standing in place when suddenly an item appears in front of me (you can't have played nearly 4000 hours and NOT seen strange things) I pick it up and poof another item appears and so on and so on for a few iterations. Anyway point is the next item would not spawn until the first one was picked up. There used to be a feeding station that this was a pretty common occurrence at for quite awhile in some earlier builds.

If that's the case they need to change that. You can easily stay in one small town and keep looting.

Will this improve performance and/or help with zombie desync?

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Servers: yes. Clients: no.

So will it improve the game when its moved to client side?

So will it improve the game when its moved to client side?

Not exactly. The main benefit of of a 64-bit client is the ability to address more than 4GB of RAM. I guess "improve" depends on what they do with it. They also won't be supporting 32-bit whatsoever so if you have a 32-bit CPU you won't be able to play the game.

• Like 3

Not exactly. The main benefit of of a 64-bit client is the ability to address more than 4GB of RAM. I guess "improve" depends on what they do with it. They also won't be supporting 32-bit whatsoever so if you have a 32-bit CPU you won't be able to play the game.

So... It will probably help? :huh:

So... It will probably help? :huh:

I don't want to give anyone false hope, but in theory a 64-bit application is faster than a 32-bit application on a 64-bit CPU. This is because a 32-bit program is not one that natively speaks exactly the same language as the 64-bit CPU so the CPU has to do a little bit of "translating" to understand the 32-bit instructions. It should help a bit, but I can't say how much for a million reasons, not the least of which is the fact that DayZ  is so unlike virtually any other game I've ever come in contact with.

EDIT: Also, the 64-bit architecture is literally just faster than 32-bit. In the same space of time, more operations can be performed on a 64-bit CPU running a 64-bit application.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2