SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

fun fact - finding your blind spot

Close your left eye and just focus your right eye on the tiny static circle on the left of the screen. At some point the big circle will disappear as it crosses your ‘blind spot‘. If you can’t see this effect, it means you’re sitting too close/far from your monitor. Try sitting closer/further to the screen and repeat the test.

134.gif

• Like 1

fun fact - finding your blind spot

Close your left eye and just focus your right eye on the tiny static circle on the left of the screen. At some point the big circle will disappear as it crosses your ‘blind spot‘. If you can’t see this effect, it means you’re sitting too close/far from your monitor. Try sitting closer/further to the screen and repeat the test.

134.gif

For crying out loud joe! this is not the time for an eyetest! 

If we ignore the fact that Hicks has posted on twitter saying they are only midway through the sprint and concentrate instead on little steam update that no one really knows much about, we can safely assume that the standalone will be released any second now!!

Apparently i sit slightly too far from my monitor by the way.

• Like 4

If we look at the September devblog; there's a small hint in relation to the Guy Fawkes (The mask) which is on 5th of November in which is two weeks away from now. Hicks said that they're in "mid sprint"

DayZ Guy Fawkes Ref. Image (Sept. Devblog): http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/LdcVPKD803E/maxresdefault.jpg

On November 5th, I'd guess that we would be getting one of the following in order of speculating likeliness..

• Game is released on Steam under the Early Access category.
  • Devblog that goes extremely into detail, giving us a confirmed early access release date.
  • Or simply just nothing.
Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

Apparently I'm a fucking super-human because no matter what distance, be it one inch or ten feet. I can still see that bad boy.

If we look at the September devblog; there's a small hint in relation to the Guy Fawkes (The mask) which is on 5th of November in which is two weeks away. Hicks said that they're in "mid sprint"

DayZ Guy Fawkes Ref. Image (Sept. Devblog): http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/LdcVPKD803E/maxresdefault.jpg

On November 5th, I'd guess that we would be getting one of the following in order of speculating likeliness..

• Game is released on Steam under the Early Access category.
  • Devblog that goes extremely into detail, giving us a confirmed early access release date.
  • Or simply just nothing.

Please. I don't believe they knew exact date for the end of the last Sprint two months in advance. 

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a fucking super-human because no matter what distance, be it one inch or ten feet. I can still see that bad boy.

Or you just have no nose.

No wait, thats not how it works...my lack of hysteria is getting to me.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Maybe not as big as your nose because i was sitting pretty damn close when i tested it and i also saw it whole time.

Conspiracy theory:

Why would they change the name of the steam app? I mean, they are not stupid, are they? They knew exactly that some people would find out within seconds after updating the name. And it wouldn't be that hard to figure out that it would cause another hype wave. So why would they do it if not with the intention to release the game very, very soon?

Why won't they just wait and do it 5 minutes before the game releases?

As others have mentioned before, now it is clear without doubt. The game is infact not even in development, they are just distracting the world from their real plans! And we all know what that is... >:(

For crying out loud joe! this is not the time for an eyetest! 

If we ignore the fact that Hicks has posted on twitter saying they are only midway through the sprint and concentrate instead on little steam update that no one really knows much about, we can safely assume that the standalone will be released any second now!!

You have to click on the image and do the test on the site itself otherwise you will still see it, yes. Also are you actually using your right eye and keep focusing on the tiny dot? Because if you move your eye once it will not work.

Edited by Serova

There are games in that database that has changed names 10 months before release. It means shit!

There are games in that database that has changed names 10 months before release. It means shit!

Obviously it means a lot because the name they are listed under are the names they'll have in the Steam client, and DayZ SA will be released as early alpha.

Really? How embarrassing!

It is not, not like you have not wet yourself if you were superhyper excited about something!

Think about it guys. Tomorrow morning when we wake up and first thing we check is steam and there it lies, in the awesome gold casing... The Jesus of Zombies games...infestation : survivor stories

M. Night Shyamalan - It's Happening

and why is Matt Lightfoot watching us? what is going on?!!

Edited by joe_mcentire

It is not, not like you have not wet yourself if you were superhyper excited about something!

Think about it guys. Tomorrow morning when we wake up and first thing we check is steam and there it lies, in the awesome gold casing... The Jesus of Zombies games...infestation : survivor stories

Let's not get carried away, I reckon they still have two weeks left on this current sprint. After which they will most likely spend a week or so polishing the game and getting the servers ready with the latest build. Then it will be released. Edited by SomebodyEpic
  • Like 2

Let's not get carried away, I reckon they still have two weeks left on this current sprint. After which they will most likely spend a week or so polishing the game and getting the servers ready with the latest build. Then it will be released.

But we can ALWAYS hope that it will be released more sooner.

He literally means MID SPRINT. Look at his gun. He is actually... sprinting. Everyone here needs to take a step outside their house. Take a deep breath of fresh air and stop reading SO much into things and trying to pick hidden clues out of everything. I highly doubt these devs are trying to encode their posts with hidden messages.

Hicks: Mid sprint, loving the team MP sessions. I think a couple of the animators may be up ahead. #DayZDaily

BXMcKq9CYAAuMWF.jpg

• Like 2

Know what I might do today? Actually -play- some DayZ. Haven't done that in months...

I actually did the same thing yesterday!

He literally means MID SPRINT. Look at his gun. He is actually... sprinting. Everyone here needs to take a step outside their house. Take a deep breath of fresh air and stop reading SO much into things and trying to pick hidden clues out of everything. I highly doubt these devs are trying to encode their posts with hidden messages.

I think he's not sprinting. Probably still and kneeling if I remember right that then your gun is like that.

This is what the sprint really means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28software_development%29#Sprint and according to rocket month ago they're on the final lap so...

Edited by St. Jimmy

:lol:

No. He is referring to this final stage of pre-alpha development before a release candidate is pushed. It's been talked about numerous times, no hidden messages at all...

I think he is crouching.  The new crouch animation holds the gun across the body   ;)  :lol: