SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Lettuce not fall out over it.

Their rage is only the tip of the iceberg. . . 

• Like 3

Here. Lettuce speak of lettuce.

EhDN3P5.jpg

I'm sure you could lettuce have some related photos?

Today's corn crop, the one you see growing in rows, would die out after one season. I wouldn't mind having corn fields but it would break the immersion quite a bit. Unless, the setting is first year after outbreak.

So does not having seasons. The implication here is that time passes (in-game) as you play, but it really doesn't outside of a 24 hour cycle. It's a finite map unfortunately. I know literally nothing about corn, but I assume that there's some sort of natural growth that can occur without human intervention (hence why cornfields themselves can get overgrown and hence why corn is a plant).

Plus, I doubt many people would be like "Oh damn! This cornfield shouldn't be here! Immersion! NUUUUUU". You'd have to be pretty well in-tune with corn cultivation (i.e. the entire population of the midwest US, so you could have a point there :P) to see this as immersion breaking.

So does not having seasons. The implication here is that time passes (in-game) as you play, but it really doesn't outside of a 24 hour cycle. It's a finite map unfortunately. I know literally nothing about corn, but I assume that there's some sort of natural growth that can occur without human intervention (hence why cornfields themselves can get overgrown and hence why corn is a plant).

Plus, I doubt many people would be like "Oh damn! This cornfield shouldn't be here! Immersion! NUUUUUU". You'd have to be pretty well in-tune with corn cultivation (i.e. the entire population of the midwest US, so you could have a point there :P) to see this as immersion breaking.

Ha! Yeah, I guess this one's a little close to home for me. Cornfields are awesome. They used to tell us these horror stories as when I was young. They would tell us about kids that went into corn fields and got lost and died of thirst. We had a ball out there.

Have you gone bananas? I certainly co-cannot seed what's so grape about it. It was lime he was comparing apples and oranges, completely nuts.

Sorry, I have Asparagus' syndrome. Now I am talking in vegetables.

• Like 1

Today's corn crop, the one you see growing in rows, would die out after one season. I wouldn't mind having corn fields but it would break the immersion quite a bit. Unless, the setting is first year after outbreak.

c'mon ... that would break your immersion? we need to draw a line somewhere don't you think?

truth is, our crops today are basically so messed up genetics-wise that they won't grow again after one harvest. they are designed for the one purpose to use the seed just once and than have to buy new ones! there was quite the debate recently in europe  and this is one of these times where ppl need to stand up and say enough is enough...but that's a different story....but just think about it: we fuck our food up just for the sake of money money....ah just fuck it...

• Like 1

Sorry, I have Asparagus' syndrome. Now I am talking in vegetables.

You better nut be, it makes me so meloncholic. By the way, want to go on a date? I would like to pop your cherry!

EDIT: I apolo-rice, that was cress. I could artichoke myself right now!

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 4

Is the game out yet?...........rhubarb.

Yes the game is out.

• Like 1

truely amaizeing, this currynt discussion

It certainly is raisin the mood.

• Like 2

Wow come on Rocket & Team you're driving everyone insane!!  :P

In other news, a somewhat sad viewpoint from a fellow redditor:

Bramsey89 7 points

The only explanation is that the network bubble didn't fix performance. Rocket said that the network bubble fix would be relatively straightfoward and the game would then launch after that. It's now been 2+ months since that statement. Something went wrong."

Edited by Shad0w_St3p

You better nut be, it makes me so meloncholic. By the way, want to go on a date? I would like to pop your cherry!

EDIT: I apolo-rice, that was cress. I could artichoke myself right now!

How DARE you speak to me like that? How DARE you!

*parsnip*

Good gourd!

Don't you get fresh with me ripe-scallion, or I'll beet you up and pea on your (chrysante)mum.

Game updated THREE HOURS AGO!!! Could this be IT? Could THIS be the final step? Find out in the next episode of, "Dean Gone Bad," where we visit an institute of research and visit with a professor of mathematics who say he may have discovered the future release date of DayZ Standalone by looking at secret codes leftover in the DayZ mod by Dean Hall..

• Like 1

somebody should tell Rocket how much fun can be generated by posting one small picture....

btw I hope they don't ban ana from the forums

• Like 3

Good gourd!

Don't you get fresh with me ripe-scallion, or I'll beet you up and pea on your (chrysante)mum.

Why do you have to win the argument - why do you have to be right? I haven't done nothing, sir.

• Like 1

Why do you have to win the argument - why do you have to be right? I haven't done nothing, sir.

It's just how I yam.

It's just how I yam.

What you said is intelligent, it is articulate, and it is logical. And I want you to start living as a gay woman.

(Quoting Dr. Phil in case I creep you out.)

What you said is intelligent, it is articulate, and it is logical. And I want you to start living as a gay woman.

(Quoting Dr. Phil in case I creep you out.)

All work and no pun makes Max a doll boy.

All work and no pun makes Max a doll boy.

Maybe if we post enough useless crap in this thread, time will pass quickly enough for the release to be in a few days. What do you say to that?

lettuce is nice to see in salad like lettuce salad or fruits are nice to see in fruit salad.

• Like 2