SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

I love to see how other developers just totally fail in even establishing anything similar to DayZ. :)

Arma Engine ftw!

I love to see how other developers just totally fail in even establishing anything similar to DayZ. :)

how do you know they are even trying?

Looks like one of the designers of ARMA 3 jumped board onto the development of DayZ.

Borivoj Hlava: I've just finished some work on particles for DayZ. New camp fire looks a way better than the old one in Arma. #DayZDaily

Edited by TIC321

Game updated THREE HOURS AGO!!! Could this be IT? Could THIS be the final step? Find out in the next episode of, "Dean Gone Bad," where we visit an institute of research and visit with a professor of mathematics who say he may have discovered the future release date of DayZ Standalone by looking at secret codes leftover in the DayZ mod by Dean Hall..

somebody watch carefully BI headquaters. hookers and blackjack machines may be the indicator

• Like 1

Would be cool for this to release for halloween. id play all night with the halloween theme tune playing on a loop.

• Like 1

how do you know they are even trying?

What they want is probably money. For that they are forced to compete with DayZ, as it is the main selling point in this genre. Like almost every shooter has to compete with CoD. Sure, they don't want to be better then CoD, but atleast be able to, like I said, compete with them.

And DayZ is just an mod, so I think many developer think they could do it better, due to more freedom etc.

What they don't realise though, is that, how weird that might sound, the arma engine just perfectly fits in that scenario. It was without doubt the best and probably the only game (arma 2) which was able to create something like DayZ.

A map 225km², realistic combat etc.

Sure, people say that DayZ controlls are bad, that performance is bad, that everything is bad. But, the engine is that good that even with these negitive factors it still is way better then other engines.

And with the SA coming out soon, most of these negative factors will be gone. At that point probably no one will be able to compete, not even Crytek or some other AAA developers. They just don't realise what makes DayZ so good.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

Back on topic please.

j5VBtm1.jpg

That's kind of salad, if you lettuce have the o-pear-tunity we cool-whip this topic back into Hors d'œuvre.
  • Like 3

I yam really frying my hardest beer guys, I wanna shank the m-Acadamia and inception pearsonally and maybe to-marrow I will be yolking with you guys again.

• Like 2

I'm sure nicefish is getting cheesed off. Here we are-tichoke talking about fruit and vegetables, when there's a bigger fish to fry. This lack of information is admittedly annoying to me, but it's not the strawberry that broke the camels back for me. I'll just remain patient for the release date. Orange you glad we're not going bananas? I sure yam. 

• Like 2

Not sure why the mods are letting it continue as it is, but possibly becuase they're all playing the closed alpha and ignoring the posts?  :P

Anyway, this radio silence is literally the first time i've felt a little let down about the whole thing. I don't mind if it takes 2 years for alpha release, but atleast tell us you're still alive and what's happening.

• Like 1

Not sure why the mods are letting it continue as it is, but possibly becuase they're all playing the closed alpha and ignoring the posts?  :P

Anyway, this radio silence is literally the first time i've felt a little let down about the whole thing. I don't mind if it takes 2 years for alpha release, but atleast tell us you're still alive and what's happening.

No food puns -1

Good turnip everyone! This forum beets the broccoli out of all the others. I wonder if there will be canned green beans in the standalone. Just wanted to stay on topic.

Tomato

I have waited like 6 months, thinking "Hell maybe next week the SA releases!". I am like a dog, still having hope that next week it finally will arrive. xD

• Like 2

I have waited like 6 months, thinking "Hell maybe next week the SA releases!". I am like a dog, still having hope that next week it finally will arrive. xD

There is no Standalone!

• Like 1

Yeh sorry, I've been busy so back on topic peeps and drop the food puns!

And try not to be down about the current lack of info, as one of Deans last messages said it literally is because they have their heads down for the last lap and don't want any distractions.  The cynics can take that or leave it but that's the facts.

Peas out.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 9

Yeh sorry, I've been busy so back on topic peeps and drop the food puns!

And try not to be down about the current lack of info, as one of Deans last messages said it literally is because they have their heads down for the last lap and don't want any distractions.  The cynics can take that or leave it but that's the facts.

Peas out.

I peas on you and your food jokes.

I went there. You read that. Don't even think about doing that, sir.

• Like 2

The demand for new information is driven by the lack of organisation and communication. Look at the new Elite that 34,000 of us invested in. No demand, no clamour, not even a whisper of “ we have heard nothing for months”

Why because everyone is in the loop and I dare say Elite has a smaller group and a real schedule to keep. Over there it’s relaxed, enjoyable as we have loads to talk about and David is always on answering questions even If its disappointing some with something that will not make the first release.

The official forum in here was set up to talk about the new game, kind of hard when there is nothing new to talk about and I think that get on most peoples nerves. I don’t even have a machine able to play game till next year but I still come in every few days to find nothing and has been like this for months or so it feels. If they are so close to release, lets face it to not come out by this Christmas after last Christmas promise would be laughable. They must have parts done and locked down that wont change so why not tell us about them. A little info goes a long way to keeping the masses happy.

Must say "DayZ Early Access" looks interesting!

Edited by sav112

Took yer time but well spotted.

I've been gifted with the ability to see the obvious amongst the obvious. I can tell that you are Mexican simply by looking at your body and where you live--nobody possess those abilities like I do.

I can even smell if you are Mexican or Moroccan.

Edited by HumanBeing25