SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Proposition one: the year is 2012+1.

Proposition two: this given person in this given (P1) time is listening to Anvil.

Conclusion, given P1 on P2, there are some serious social consequences.

I sure hope you guys don't listen to this music anymore.

:D

It's been posted here already.

And I believe it was originally found on the Joystiq site...

oops typo ... I originally foun.....................

I just didn't see it on the front page.  

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but....Theory time from Falcon!

A sprint is a terminology from software programmers of a period of time for a target to be met.

Traditionally a 'Sprint' lasts 30 days...

8th October

- Exceptional start to the week, the team has heads down, exciting strides made. I love seeing a 'Sprint' board to do column shrink.

Now...15 days later which would be the 'Mid-sprint' from this message mentioning 'Sprint'

23rd October

- 'Mid-Sprint', loving the team MP sessions, I think a couple of the animators may be up ahead...

Now this might not mean anything, but from the last tweet...

24th October

- People say my tweets dont reveal anything - but im just not ready to come outside yet...

Are the tweets really not revealing anything? ;)

so guys, keep an eye open for around the 7th November....though of course....I could just be talking crap....hahaha....or am I ? ....

Video to go with this post : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCySLfpxI7Q

Edited by SepticFalcon
  • Like 2

I'm waiting for one devblog at least before the launch. Something is gonna happen in two weeks that's very likely.

I could just be talking crap....hahaha....or am I ? ....

You are. Why are you? Stop doing. Realize the senselessness in doing. Seek undoingness.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but....Theory time from Falcon!

A sprint is a terminology from software programmers of a period of time for a target to be met.

Traditionally a 'Sprint' lasts 30 days...

8th October

- Exceptional start to the week, the team has heads down, exciting strides made. I love seeing a 'Sprint' board to do column shrink.

Now...15 days later which would be the 'Mid-sprint' from this message mentioning 'Sprint'

23rd October

- 'Mid-Sprint', loving the team MP sessions, I think a couple of the animators may be up ahead...

Now this might not mean anything, but from the last tweet...

24th October

- People say my tweets dont reveal anything - but im just not ready to come outside yet...

Are the tweets really not revealing anything? ;)

so guys, keep an eye open for around the 7th November....though of course....I could just be talking crap....hahaha....or am I ? ....

Nice one, except you conveniently forgot an update from October 15th:

Post Sprint meeting followed by multi player testing session w/ team. Found a bag, vest and weapon only to die to poisoning.

If anything this indicates their Sprints being two weeks long with second sprint starting on/around October 15th.

• Like 1

Dayz standalone wont need a devblog or review to be awesome. Its dayz but better!

If anything this indicates their Sprints being two weeks long with second sprint starting on/around October 15th.

I'm pretty sure it's just the one month long sprint, not two two week springs. The "post spring meeting" 2 weeks in was probably just to see if they're going in the right direction or would need to change. 

Btw something to listen to while you think about what your going to do the next couple of hours :)

Edited by Zanders

Nice one, except you conveniently forgot an update from October 15th:

hmm yes I may have miss calculated a bit :P

But this would still suggest news within the month of November, hopefully... :/ 

Yet still post is after the fact, and this could just mean post 'Sprint' Start? not the fact it has finished already? as we have heard nothing of a review which we usually do...

which would mean my Calculation would be roughly correct :/

Also the 'Mid-Sprint' post indicates the the Sprint had been going since the 8th, presuming it is a traditional 30 day sprint ;)

Edited by SepticFalcon

Oh my Lord, GG, the kiddies at various cheating sites turn out to be forumers from here.

I just happened to find this: Removed

Notice how many of the 13 year old users are catching on to the hype and want their piece of the cake

Are the moderators going to punish me for linking to that kiddy website filled with 13 year old LE HAXORS? All will be revealed in the next episode of "Moderators Gone Bad" lol

Edited by Fraggle

Oh my Lord, GG, the kiddies at various cheating sites turn out to be forumers from here.

I just happened to find this: http://www.***.net/forum/660-dayz-discussion/747915-dayz-standalone.html

Notice how many of the 13 year old users are catching on to the hype and want their piece of the cake

Are the moderators going to punish me for linking to that kiddy website filled with 13 year old LE HAXORS? All will be revealed in the next episode of "Moderators Gone Bad" lol

Hackers should be punished and sent to an island somewhere, no internet connection. Just keyboards and mice. Their objective is to beat the shit out of each other until all but one are dead. Then we take the winner. Put him on a Twitch stream, congratulate him. Then hang the cunt.

• Like 2

Hackers should be punished and sent to an island somewhere, no internet connection. Just keyboards and mice. Their objective is to beat the shit out of each other until all but one are dead. Then we take the winner. Put him on a Twitch stream, congratulate him. Then hang the cunt.

You realize that these are pre-teeners and early-teeners who find it entertaining to irritate other people and watch their response?

And you also realize what the word "hacking" means? Hacking is irrelevant to games. Hacking is a term coined for website defacing and generally gaining access to servers through exploits.

All these kiddies do is download a cheat, run it and that's that--but it's interesting that at least some forumer from here are on this website as well. Obviously I do not fit that charge myself.

And so much for this "anti-cheat" by Dean--not that Dean can do much anyway--these kiddies will request cheats to be made and various programmers will then fit those demands to try to get some profit, either by stealing the kiddies CD-key, Steam account, or by asking for money to get access to the cheat. The point is that the kiddies want to be able to irritate others and they're going to get what they want because of the potential high profit to be made off the kids.

• Like 1

There's information from the future here... October 24th hasn't happened yet for me.

The winner would be the one who cheated the most :D

I just happened to find this: http://www.***.net/forum/660-dayz-discussion/747915-dayz-standalone.html

Seriously though, this is worrying. I hate these kids who get pleasure from fucking up legit players fun. Im thinking...passworded, whitelisted over 21 server!

The only thing that could ruin S/A for me are these little pricks!

Edited by P@ul_Medic

Seriously though, this is worrying. I hate these kids who get pleasure from fucking up legit players fun. Im thinking...passworded, whitelisted over 21 server!

The only thing that's gonna ruin S/A are these little pricks!

Yup, and major cheat sites will aim to create aimbots, etc., because of the hype for this game. Basically, any popular game will have cheats because of the huge market and huge profit to be made.

But with some good admins it won't be a problem.

Edit: there's even purchasable cheats for WARZ!!

Edited by HumanBeing25

Because of hacking? Really.?

Edited by nicefish

You realize that these are pre-teeners and early-teeners who find it entertaining to irritate other people and watch their response?

And you also realize what the word "hacking" means? Hacking is irrelevant to games. Hacking is a term coined for website defacing and generally gaining access to servers through exploits.

I'm aware of the meaning of 'hacking' when used in terms of web pages and such.

But you don't seem to be aware of what hacking means in terms of computer games. A hacker in a computer game is someone who installs a program that makes the player do things that the developers didn't intend on happening. Such as an aimbot, wire-vision, admin hacks. etc. 

I'm aware of the meaning of 'hacking' when used in terms of web pages and such.

But you don't seem to be aware of what hacking means in terms of computer games. A hacker in a computer game is someone who installs a program that makes the player do things that the developers didn't intend on happening. Such as an aimbot, wire-vision, admin hacks. etc.

No, the "hacker" would be the person who wrote the program that allows these bottom feeders to ruin people's gaiming experience. The faggots that use these programs are simply called assholes.

Edited by Inception.
Don't use that word here.
  • Like 3

No, the "hacker" would be the guy who wrote the program that allows these bottom feeders to ruin people's day. The faggots that use them are simply called script kiddies.

I believe this is a bit more accurate.

I just happened to find this: Removed

Someone from that thread posted this,

"Actually I dont really care anymore about Dayz standalone.

Im playing other games and sometimes Dayz to play with friends or infect them with a menu or whatever.

Standalone is taking too long and Im getting kinda bored of waiting or playing dayz.

when it comes out I probably buy it and hack on it.

Only we have to get a way to not get banned that quick on Dayz standalone since it uses VAC (If im right) and that is bounded to your steam accounts.

Means u have to get a new Steam Account and buy the game again."

It amazes me how the only thing this person is interested in doing is cheating and annoying other people.  How pathetic are their lives that they actually enjoy doing that?

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1