SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

I've got an exam on Friday, If it comes out after then I will be very excite. If it comes out before the exam, I will be re-taking 2nd year  <_<

I had my exam today.

Am I a super-race?

I don't believe Release of a Czech game by a Kiwi game designer would be tied to an obscure British date or a US kids holiday for the supernatural. This is a serious survival simulator based on a quasi-scientific viral theory not a haunted house game.  

JIAml2C.jpg

Hype is dying out. At least for the devs, this is not a good thing. They should hand over the PR/Market research to me. Things could be better. They don't have economics/business administration majors over there, I guess.

• Like 1

Hype is dying out. At least for the devs, this is not a good thing. They should hand over the PR/Market research to me. Things could be better. They don't have economics/business administration majors over there, I guess.

Explain to me what exactly you think "hype" is, why the devs should be doing it, and how it affects whether or not the game itself will be good. It will please me.

For references, Merriam-Webster defines, "hype" as...

1. slang, a drug addict or hypodermic needle

2. PUT ON, DECIEVE

3. To promote or publicize extravagantly (of a contrived nature)

4. STIMULATE, ENLIVEN

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

JIAml2C.jpg

I remember Rocket stating somewhere that he wanted this, to filter out the impatient players who just want to play and not really test the game in the beginning. So this is more effective. They'll come back in time. NEVER overhype a game too much. So, the devs are doing a good thing here.

Also, imagine the release day, we won't have as much flooding and lag as other famous releases(ie Diablo 3).

Edited by infi

JIAml2C.jpg

This proves nothing. Once the game releases those numbers are going to skyrocket again.

Damn Mark nobody likes your post. I thought I was the first reply. lol

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

Explain to me what exactly "hype" is, and how it affects whether or not the game itself will be good. It will please me.

Hype: noun. Something that game developers can just put a damn straw and cash in. Although it may seem like it will damage the corporation, it always ends nice for the devs, financially.

Take EA, for instance.

They sold Medal of Honor saying that they will be the only ones that will get BF3 Beta. A FUCKLOAD of players bought it for that reason. The game was shitty, and guess what: IT WAS AN OPEN BETA.

Medal of Honor Warfighter was the same. They advertised it as the only ticket for BF4 Beta. WRONG. It was also an open beta/ with 3 day early access to BF4preorder and premium and warfighter.

So, as you probably know, EA has made it a hobby to screw up their customer base. However, they are one of the richest game  distributors in the world right now.

Notoriety doesn't mean bad financial outcome.

Royal customers like ourselves will always buy the game whenever it comes out (I have to serve in the Army in 6 months, so delay more than that, and... shit.).

However, the ones they will lose are the impatient ones. They won't buy it if they lose the hype. That's less revenue for the devs. Just sayin'.

Edited by mark3236

Hype: noun. Something that game developers can just put a damn straw and cash in. Although it may seem like it will damage the corporation, it always ends nice for the devs, financially.

Take EA, for instance.

They sold Medal of Honor saying that they will be the only ones that will get BF3 Beta. A FUCKLOAD of players bought it for that reason. The game was shitty, and guess what: IT WAS AN OPEN BETA.

Medal of Honor Warfighter was the same. They advertised it as the only ticket for BF4 Beta. WRONG. It was also an open beta/ with 3 day early access to BF4preorder and premium and warfighter.

So, as you probably know, EA has made it a hobby to screw up their customer base. However, they are one of the richest game  distributors in the world right now.

Notoriety doesn't mean bad financial outcome.

Royal customers like ourselves will always buy the game whenever it comes out (I have to serve in the Army in 6 months, so delay more than that, and... shit.).

However, the ones they will lose are the impatient ones. They won't buy it if they lose the hype. That's less revenue for the devs. Just sayin'.

Okay.... so you want BI to turn into the same assholes that run EA and DICE, why are you even here then?

Have you noticed the type of people that play those games lately? I don't want that in my Dayz! No fucking way.

It will gain momentum once the game is actually awesome and not full of butthole 12 year olds. No offense to normal 12 year olds. They'll make enough money, don't worry about that.

Edited by infi
  • Like 3

"The introduction to Solaris is very long and slow, involving car traffic and nothing of the drama and pace it gains later. On direct question from the Soviet censor overseeing the production, Tarkovsky said he made this sequence boring on purpose: "so that the idiots leave before the actual movie starts"."

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 5

"Just sayin'...". Very possibly the most idiotic phrase ever uttered by man. Well sir, I am "Just listenin'...". Does that add to my legitimacy? Rhetorical question.

Perhaps these developers are not singularly driven by monetary gain. It's been a frequently stated goal that Rocket is not interested in making boatloads. Likewise, it's been extremely damaging when he does make concrete assertions about his product and then has to walk them back because the community is just starving for this nebulous "hype" concept that people keep pinging on. Which, mind you, will have -no- bearing on the end product. So as a consumer, you should have no concern of whether or not the developers "hype" their product.

I edited my post to include the Merriam-Webster defintions of "hype", which are as such.

2. PUT ON, DECIEVE

4. STIMULATE, ENLIVEN

Anywho, this is madly off-topic, and was seemingly designed so as it has no relevance to the thread and/or constructive feedback. I will not be participating in any further entries in this line of conversation.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

I'm not usually so crass, but sir... Fuck you, and fuck your hype based profit motives.

You sound like the man.

"Just sayin'...". Very possibly the most idiotic phrase ever uttered by man. Well sir, I am "Just listenin'...". Does that add to my legitimacy? Rhetorical question.

Perhaps these developers are not singularly driven by monetary gain. It's been a frequently stated goal that Rocket is not interested in making boatloads. Likewise, it's been extremely damaging when he does make concrete assertions about his product and then has to walk them back because the community is just starving for this nebulous "hype" concept that people keep pinging on. Which, mind you, will have -no- bearing on the end product. So as a consumer, you should have no concern of whether or not the developers "hype" their product.

I edited my post to include the Merriam-Webster defintions of "hype", which are as such.

2. PUT ON, DECIEVE

4. STIMULATE, ENLIVEN

Anywho, this is madly off-topic, and was seemingly designed so as it has no relevance to the thread and/or constructive feedback. I will not be participating in any further entries in this line of conversation.

Sorry, being a traditional economics advocate, I assumed everyone acts according to their own needs, which has to be monetary gain.

I still do think they are developing for money, not for their 'personal enjoyment'. return 0;

I'm not usually so crass, but sir... Fuck you, and fuck your hype based profit motives.

You sound like the man.

Oh why, thank you. Your reply is the closest to human interaction I will get in my windowless room filled with burger wrappings.

• Like 1

We all strive to get money, no one puts time and lots of effort for a product that won't get them a single penny. I've been on this forum for quite some time now, gotten warnings, gotten hate.. But all that matters is that the final product will be good, I've started to understand some people why they're getting impatient, but not starting a flamewar and stuff like that here on the forums.

Keep going developers of DayZ SA, I hope it'll be out soon so we all can enjoy it without having a lot of impatient people, because that's literally the only type of people there are right now. (Excluding some people I guess)

Best time to release the game in my opinion would be in 2 weeks, when both Call Of Duty and BF4 are out so there will be less load on the servers and less little 10 year old screaming kids.

• Like 1

Best time to release the game in my opinion would be in 2 weeks, when both Call Of Duty and BF4 are out so there will be less load on the servers and less little 10 year old screaming kids.

To be honest, I've only met a single kid in my whole DayZ experience since June last year. Sadly, he shot me with his Winchester while yelling for help.. I bet he thought I was a zombie.

so they timed a alpha horror release to tie in with halloween as not a commercial sales pitch ? how gully some are.

23rd October
  • Mid sprint, loving the team MP sessions. I think a couple of the animators may be up ahead. #DayZDaily

BXMcKq9CYAAuMWF.jpg

Oh them graphics!

since nobody else has posted this here, im gonna give it a shot

YCSSmiq.gif?1

Edited by Aporis

JIAml2C.jpg

That AB bump on BI must be Arma 3.
  • Like 1

Sorry, being a traditional economics advocate, I assumed everyone acts according to their own needs, which has to be monetary gain.

I still do think they are developing for money, not for their 'personal enjoyment'. return 0;

Oh why, thank you. Your reply is the closest to human interaction I will get in my windowless room filled with burger wrappings.

Dean knows that thus far, people have enjoyed his dream and he just taking it to the next level, he's making his dream game IMO and how could he not enjoy that. He does however have to pay his employees and keep his food on the table so its always going to be for money. Little gets done for free nowadays.