SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

since nobody else has posted this here, im gonna give it a shot

1360549093445.gif

Come on fix your link bruh.

Hype is dying out. At least for the devs, this is not a good thing. They should hand over the PR/Market research to me. Things could be better. They don't have economics/business administration majors over there, I guess.

Steam will do the rest, once the game gets available in early access, you'll see the hype will come really fast...

Edited by Papanowel
  • Like 1

I think it's silly that some people think that the reason why the release is being delayed is because the developers want less people on the servers.  This game is 10 months past it's original release date.  They're not delaying the release for fewer players, they're delaying the release because they're not ready...

• Like 1

I think it's silly that some people think that the reason why the release is being delayed is because the developers want less people on the servers.  This game is 10 months past it's original release date.  They're not delaying the release for fewer players, they're delaying the release because they're not ready...

It's an alpha, they're waiting for bf4 to come out.

Tru fax.

Some even think the guy fawkes mask, in the last video update, indicates a 5th of november launch. As if.. They can't even keep to their monthly milestone..

Edited by PXXL

Some even think the guy fawkes mask, in the last video update, indicates a 5th of november launch. As if.. They can't even keep to their monthly milestone..

Maybe they're looking to loose a few younger people that are used to a polished PVP game erm. CoD.

• Like 1

I'd be watching Steam like a hawk today during US business hours, it's possible they uploaded it and are waiting for Steam to release it. Something beautiful is happening. 

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 3

I'd be watching Steam like a hawk today during US business hours, it's possible they uploaded it and are waiting for Steam to release it. Something beautiful is happening.

It can release mid November when I've finished my exams.

Maybe they're looking to loose a few younger people that are used to a polished PVP game erm. CoD.

Maybe you guys are looking way to far into things.. You could be right, maybe losing people that would like to buy your game is a sound marketing strategy.. I know Rocket warned people during the last E3 that if you are looking for a polished game don't get the Alpha. Still doesn't give you an excuse to make up stuff and throw in the random "CoD". That get's old real quick.

Edited by PXXL

It can release mid November when I've finished my exams.

It can release now so I can play it in my vacations. >:(

Well, Dean has stated many, many times that he wishes not to cater to the casual crowd.

• Like 2

:facepalm:

"The introduction to Solaris is very long and slow, involving car traffic and nothing of the drama and pace it gains later. On direct question from the Soviet censor overseeing the production, Tarkovsky said he made this sequence boring on purpose: "so that the idiots leave before the actual movie starts"."

One of my favorite bands (the) Melvins have practiced this for years. They'll do like a forty-five minute noise set to clear out the non believers before they lay down their all mighty rock. 

Salad of a Thousand Delights!!

• Like 1

Hype is dying out. At least for the devs, this is not a good thing. They should hand over the PR/Market research to me. Things could be better. They don't have economics/business administration majors over there, I guess.

What always makes me chuckle about comments like this is how the business/economics majors are always sitting there scratching their heads trying to work out how some of the most successful businesses in the world are started by people with no business qualifications at all.

You can study it all you like but without innovation and passion you have nothing.  Perhaps this'd be a good subject for your next dissertation while the people with the ideas carry on being successful.

You could entitle it "How the f**k do these people keep making money while us graduates are still working in bars?"

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 15

Who says they're not hitting their monthly milestones? Are you a part of the team? Didn't think so. They're not talking to us about the progress a great deal. Doesn't mean they're not working on the game. Who's to say they didn't reach a milestone they were happy with and then began this sprint to polish it? 

3pm In Czech Republic and no new activity on Steam :(  looks like I will have to cry myself to sleep again.

• Like 2

Who says they're not hitting their monthly milestones? Are you a part of the team? Didn't think so. They're not talking to us about the progress a great deal. Doesn't mean they're not working on the game. Who's to say they didn't reach a milestone they were happy with and then began this sprint to polish it? 

Damn, it´s like explaining stuff to little children. No i´m not part of the team. No i didn´t ment they are not ´hitting´ their milestone. I never said they aren't working on the game.

What i am saying is: People love to get all hyped up about a simple things. Like the Guy Fawkes mask. OMG it must be a Nov. 5th release... To which i responded: Do you really thing they would create such a hint when they can't even keep up a weekly and later monthly devblog.

• Like 1

Damn, it´s like explaining stuff to little children. No i´m not part of the team. No i didn´t ment they are not ´hitting´ their milestone. I never said they aren't working on the game.

What i am saying is: People love to get all hyped up about a simple things. Like the Guy Fawkes mask. OMG it must be a Nov. 5th release... To which i responded: Do you really thing they would create such a hint when they can't even keep up a weekly and later monthly devblog.

Milestone and devblog are different things. Though some people didn't understand that you meant devblogs in both cases.

• Like 1

Ok understandable. I know milestones are not the same as devblogs. Altough they seemed to be the used as a basis for the monthly devblogs.

As long as my point comes across. Looking for hints like the mask is giving the devs a bit to much credit in terms of planning.

Edit: i would love to be proven wrong though. Can't wait to get my hands on the early Alpha either.

Edited by PXXL

:facepalm:

Why are you doing thish, shir? Just because John read the receipt wrong to you, you're gonna act like this--is this how you act?

Come on fix your link bruh.

It works for me

You could entitle it "How the f**k do these people keep making money while us graduates are still working in bars?"

touché

Edited by mark3236