Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

34 minutes ago, Mr Jizz said:

I haven't posted in a while, so I'll make it a quit troll on this "patch" - FAK THE WIPES

Wipes probably don't do anything meaningful, the devs just like to play God and watch us moan 🤣  Bad UX it is.

Who cares if a few "legacy" pre-1.11 infinite batteries are hanging around for a couple of weeks. They'll phase-out. 

It’s only second wipe for consoles 

22 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Have different mods for that tho...

yeah i know but for vanilla players i mean

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Scrub said:

@Tom_48_97@ImpulZ
Seems like epinephrine is not working in the experimental build - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156507

Is anyone else able to confirm this?

Read the ticket, its not meant for unlimited stamina. Its meant to resurrect your buddy. You know like when he got/gets shot down? 

Its not Crank. 

• Confused 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, Derleth said:

Tested it now, it doesn't work anymore. I'm pretty sure you just double-clicked or shift+clicked in the map and a marker was created that you could label. I haven't tried to use the feature in a very long time so I don't know when it broke. Or it might be intentionally disabled?

Thanks for checking it out! Hopefully we will be able to do so again in the future.

Edited by amadieus

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Thanks for checking it out! Hopefully we will be able to do so again in the future.

Izurvive has a feature where you can set up for groups and make markers etc on the map

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Read the ticket, its not meant for unlimited stamina. Its meant to resurrect your buddy. You know like when he got/gets shot down? 

Its not Crank. 

but the epi always gave u a stamina boost for a minute.

if that was a bug and not meant to be, im sure we would have read sth about it in the patchnotes.

Edited by etwas
typo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, etwas said:

but the epi always gave u a stamina boost for a minute.

if that was a bug and not meant to be, im sure we would have read sth about it in the patchnotes.

A small boost is something way different then described as unlimited. Still An epi pen is for injection into the heart. To jump start if you will. 

Show me a patch note from the past where it was suggested otherwise and i Will shut up. 🤤

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

A small boost is something way different then described as unlimited. Still An epi pen is for injection into the heart. To jump start if you will. 

Show me a patch note from the past where it was suggested otherwise and i Will shut up. 🤤

i know what the epi does. "unlimited" was just bad word choice i guess. unlimited for a minute 🙂

suggested what? i just checked and the stamina boost was tweaked last time with 1.04:

"Epinephrine provides a complete stamina refill for 60 seconds (formerly just a one time boost)"

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, etwas said:

i know what the epi does. "unlimited" was just bad word choice i guess. unlimited for a minute 🙂

suggested what? i just checked and the stamina boost was tweaked last time with 1.04:

"Epinephrine provides a complete stamina refill for 60 seconds (formerly just a one time boost)"

Then I stand corrected 😊

• Confused 1

On 27/01/2021 at 17:15, McWendy said:

Por que sou espanhol 🤣 

Eu vejo o que você quer dizer. Não contra a sua ideia. Mas as coisas precisam ocupar espaço, caso contrário, teremos apenas armas ambulantes e munições.

DayZ sempre foi e é sobre escolhas. Não devemos ser mulas carregando tudo o que podemos.

É bom ter a discussão de que só precisamos pousar em um plano intermediário. 

On 27/01/2021 at 21:43, amadieus said:

Lembro-me vagamente de que havia um Relatório de Status em 2018 que mencionava diferentes mapas (civis, militares etc.) sendo adicionados ao jogo e que você poderia colocar marcas nisso. Querendo saber o que aconteceu com aquele plano ...

a preguiça dos desenvolvedores diz "não é possível"

On 28/01/2021 at 00:56, TheYetiBum said:

por que não carregar apenas os quatro trapos e uma faca? trapos ocupam o próximo lugar para conhecer o espaço e você pode simplesmente rastejar até um arbusto (que está em toda parte) e, em seguida, fabricá-lo conforme necessário. Além disso, por que não apenas fazer com que a morfina conserte uma fratura como nos dias mod antes do modo autônomo. economiza tempo e esforço adicionando novos itens e criando novos bugs

we want a cool new game and not a game abandoned in the past.

On 28/01/2021 at 08:50, Myrec said:

Basta adicionar uma bandagem de gesso e uma combinação de água criará uma tala.

it would be better to create a single new item, it would probably cause problems and the developers already have a lot to do, too bad they do nothing.

I saw the muzzle velocity of the 5.56 was adjusted - while you are at it, please have the same intern fix the DefaultDamageOverride variable of the 5.45 round, since it has no damage drop off over distance (unlike all other rounds). Thank you.

Edited by moeb1us

1 hour ago, moeb1us said:

I saw the muzzle velocity of the 5.56 was adjusted - while you are at it, please have the same intern fix the DefaultDamageOverride variable of the 5.45 round, since it has no damage drop off over distance (unlike all other rounds). Thank you.

It has no damage drop because it doesn't lose the ~30% of initial velocity for well over 1 kilometre. If they put a proper airFriction then damage drop would start at ~275-300 m.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

It has no damage drop because it doesn't lose the ~30% of initial velocity for well over 1 kilometre. If they put a proper airFriction then damage drop would start at ~275-300 m.

Haha, so the velocity fix doesn't really change much of anything.

On 1/26/2021 at 2:52 AM, lynn.zaw said:

Update 2 - Version 1.11.153698 (PC Released on 26.01.2021)

FIXED

• Improved the client performance when holding an item in hands
  • Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it
  • Packing a tent while having an item in the hands would not hide the item
  • Resuscitation while having an item in hands caused it to appear in the middle of the action
  • Blurred text on the logout dialog window
  • Camera clipping issues in the big ATC building and airfield service hangar
  • Infected walking through service hangar doors
  • Several object placement issues on the Chernarus terrain

CHANGED

• The flare from the signal pistol now falls down slower

MODDING

• Added: Moved cargo conditions for Clothing into separate functions for modders to override https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154093

Is the Feb. 16th update going to come with fixes for duping along with the wipe?

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 2:15 PM, Buakaw said:

Haha, so the velocity fix doesn't really change much of anything.

That problem is with 5.45, the velocity tweak is for 5.56 which doesn't have that issue. 5.45 can also use a velocity tweak of +20 m/s because they used the 25 m velocity instead of the 0 m velocity.

Looks like 5.56 is reduced to 910 m/s from 1000 m/s, close enough, I would have given it 900 m/s for 16" barrel and NATO green tip ammo (which makes most sense), ARMA 3 gives it 920 m/s typicalSpeed. Various weapons and planned weapons in DayZ would range from about 865-970 m/s with same ammo. 

The 5.56 still needs proper airFriction however, at the 910 m/s with green tip SS109 that should be about -0.00127 +/- (in 0.62 was -0.00129)

This current airFriction of -0.00105 is way too low, not sure how they got that one. It would be worth a 20% shorter range until damage dropoff. Compare that correcting 5.45 airFriction would give 400%+ shorter no-dropoff range.

• Like 1

i didnt try vehicles in 1.11, but others did, commenting about it on the steam forums.

according to that user,  the car battery will be drained out after like 15 times starting/stopping the car. the car doesnt charge the battery while driving. u gotta find a new one or use a charger.

tbf - thats a stupid mechanic. cant u find some other ways to keep us busy with car problems? how about to bring the engine oil back instead?

• Like 1

Looked over the 1.11 changelog. Hackers have been prolific in the public official servers lately. Are there any changes in the codebase to address the exploits that have made official servers fairly unplayable? If not, are there any plans to address these exploits?

22 hours ago, etwas said:

i didnt try vehicles in 1.11, but others did, commenting about it on the steam forums.

according to that user,  the car battery will be drained out after like 15 times starting/stopping the car. the car doesnt charge the battery while driving. u gotta find a new one or use a charger.

tbf - thats a stupid mechanic. cant u find some other ways to keep us busy with car problems? how about to bring the engine oil back instead?

Yeah. To be perfectly honest, implementing this mechanic without cars naturally charging the battery is a very very weird decision. There is still time to stop it though, I don't understand why not more people are reacting to it. If it goes live in this form it will be unbearably annoying on vanilla servers - while most modded servers will just disable it right away. I like the idea of the feature, but it needs to be brought all the way instead of a half-arsed implementation like this. Driving the car needs to charge the battery and damage states should then affect how efficient the charging is. The feature should not be implemented until that also works.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Yeah. To be perfectly honest, implementing this mechanic without cars naturally charging the battery is a very very weird decision. There is still time to stop it though, I don't understand why not more people are reacting to it. If it goes live in this form it will be unbearably annoying on vanilla servers - while most modded servers will just disable it right away. I like the idea of the feature, but it needs to be brought all the way instead of a half-arsed implementation like this. Driving the car needs to charge the battery and damage states should then affect how efficient the charging is. The feature should not be implemented until that also works.

Perhaps you could open a ticket on the feedback tracker about it if you haven't done so already.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Joe Scrub said:

Perhaps you could open a ticket on the feedback tracker about it if you haven't done so already.

Let's be honest. It will just get marked by a moderator as to be fixed and it'll stay like that. Speaking from my and many other's experiences.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Let's be honest. It will just get marked by a moderator as to be fixed and it'll stay like that. Speaking from my and many other's experiences.

They fix some of the stuff on there, worth ticketing in case it's one of those.

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

I feel like most people don't bother with cars, which is why they don't really care.