Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

Agree about this. It does kind of make sense that a raincoat has crap insulation - because that's really how they work. What doesn't make sense is that to take the raincoat on you need to take your warm sweater off. In the real world I would wear the raincoat over the sweater. Sweater to keep warm, raincoat to keep the sweater dry...

Really, it is 2021, it should be possible to have layered clothing. One slot for undergarment (t-shirt/shirt/sweater/telnyashka etc) which gives no inventory slots, and one slot for jackets which allows the inventory slots to be used. When my character is in the dark blue - literally freezing to death - and finds a hoodie, cutting the t-shirt he was wearing up for rags goes agains all my instincts!

Yes this to me is the ideal solution. That way you can combine the gear as you need. Lack of inventory should not be a huge issue, backpacks are plenty, we can once again also craft an improvised backpack. This might actually make the improvised clothing and gear more meaningful. What the really good gear provides is first and foremost wind and waterproofing and player would scale for cold with thermal layers. 

Other element that should go along with it, are seasons. We get it, DayZ can do cold now but it should not be freezing all the time 😄 Some of the clothing could branch out to summer and winter variants. This could also lead to introduction of thermal underwear. Maybe at least that layer for the really cold cold maps or seasons. 

If they want the gamification to persists, that is all clothing has inventory, resistances still need to be adjusted, maybe have at lest the winter variants which will offer significantly better thermal protection. But I think that we should have more ... wait for it ... layers of survival. Badum tsss. 

• Like 1

Update 2 - Version 1.11.153698 (PC Released on 26.01.2021)

FIXED

• Improved the client performance when holding an item in hands
  • Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it
  • Packing a tent while having an item in the hands would not hide the item
  • Resuscitation while having an item in hands caused it to appear in the middle of the action
  • Blurred text on the logout dialog window
  • Camera clipping issues in the big ATC building and airfield service hangar
  • Infected walking through service hangar doors
  • Several object placement issues on the Chernarus terrain

CHANGED

• The flare from the signal pistol now falls down slower

MODDING

• Added: Moved cargo conditions for Clothing into separate functions for modders to override https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154093
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Barbed Wire and Fire now deal damage to infected and animals

Deployed Barbed Wire can only be dismantled from inside on Fence and Watchtower

These are great changes, but i seriously hope you are going to address the bug where the barbedwire gives you lvl 7 bleeding in about 3 seconds when you are inside your own base with barbedwire attached.

There are still enough frustrating bugs in this game without dying in your own base to things like this. This bug has been in for months and months and to my knowledge still exists.

I would seriously prefer to see a lot more Q.O.L bug fixes in this patch than content. Thanks & keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Gorge this entire update was bug fixes they didn't add a single thing stop complaining, also on the topic of the extra clothing slots, there is no need for any thermal clothing or underclothing slots as the only maps they would be useful on are modded maps, these features would be completely useless on vanilla dayz.

• Confused 2

If you are responding to me, firstly you could at least spell my name right and secondly who is complaining?

I merely expressed my wish to see bug fixes over content, thanks for your "reply" though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, GeordieMarv said:

These are great changes, but i seriously hope you are going to address the bug where the barbedwire gives you lvl 7 bleeding in about 3 seconds when you are inside your own base with barbedwire attached.

look up a few posts....

FIXED

• Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it
Edited by helpthedeadwalk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

look up 2 posts....

AFAIK this is not the same thing. I am talking about taking damage from the opposite side of the barbed wire, on the opposite (inside) of your own wall with the barbed wire on the outside.

I mean it could be related to this, so we will see.

Edit - Plus my reply was posted BEFORE they added the latest patch notes talking about the barbedwire. 🙂

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

Dear developers, is it possible to add a medical splint spawn in hospitals? Which will have fewer slots?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Cyborg-Gamer said:

This game exists for more than 5 years and  it still doesn´t have a mission system like in  dayz epoch  (arma 2)  

so when you start to play the game it is all fun and like the game but after sometime you realise that the only things  to do is build a base and loot

after you do these two things is the  beging of the end  because the only thing you will do is   going to some loot area   and then sell the stuff you got on the trader

and there is nothing left in the game  for you  to do  only this.

DAYZ MUST HAVE A MISSION SYSTEM LIKE IT WAS IN DAYZ EPOCH

if not there is no motivation for keep playing this game

after you have your base and stuff  what you do next ?   please put the mission system A.S.P

thank you 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, Cyborg-Gamer said:

I know what you mean I read the game  description before...  bohemia should  make a poll asking for the  dayz comunity if  they want  mission system like in dayz epoch I think 90% of players would  say yes 

at least  implement some  A.I so modders could  create mission system  

DayZ Expansion mod will eventually have AI working and missions too... there's already Proof of Concept videos of AI actually working and shooting guns in DayZ Expansion mod

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hegra said:

Dear developers, is it possible to add a medical splint spawn in hospitals? Which will have fewer slots?

Splints don't spawn at all .. they are crafted ..unless u are on a modified server

Earlier today in game, my car got blown up by a landmine in the middle of the road (I got knocked out and crashed; killing all my friends). I posted it on reddit and people had a look like they do and deduced that my front left wheel ran over the mine but I wasn't that convinced so I had to test myself and low and behold, landmines go off underneath a car and it doesn't matter where underneath, it's going off.

Just wanted to say that landmines shouldn't realistically go off if nothing presses down on them, especially if a vehicle goes over them without contact.

9 hours ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

Splints don't spawn at all .. they are crafted ..unless u are on a modified server

I think that's what he is asking for - a medical splint added to medical loot in addition to the improvised crafted one.

18 hours ago, hegra said:

Why should it have fewer slots? The size of a leg is the size of a leg.

I agree with An alternate option for splinting, but the size should remain the same.

4 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Why should it have fewer slots? The size of a leg is the size of a leg.

I agree with An alternate option for splinting, but the size should remain the same.

Because this is not a homemade splint, but a medical splint, which should stimulate the search for it in hospitals and give a bonus in the form of slots or the number of uses.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hegra said:

Because this is not a homemade splint, but a medical splint, which should stimulate the search for it in hospitals and give a bonus in the form of slots or the number of uses.

I think its a nice idea. A medical splint could be plaster of paris for a leg break (clean fracture easily reset in the field)

For the more complex fractures ((compound/spiral etc) you would need a titanium plate etc. But I dont think you would survive the operation in the field without full medical support .. . . so maybe beyond current Dayz capabilities

So I would assume all broken bones are clean fractures .. . . so plaster of paris and bandages, to make a leg splint. Plaster of paris (a bag maybe the size of the bag of rice) mixed with water . .. bandages wrapped round the leg.. .. and plaster of paris applied and allowed to dry to solidify it . . .

Edited by aux7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hegra said:

I would go for multiple uses. But not making it smaller. All inventory should go with choices. 

Wanna Carry a splint? Sure dump some ammo/food or whatnot. 

Rest is fine 😇

15 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

DayZ Expansion mod will eventually have AI working and missions too... there's already Proof of Concept videos of AI actually working and shooting guns in DayZ Expansion mod

Any recent videos of this? Last ones I saw were at least a year ago and they were basic area patrols. 

DayZ Expansion is great accomplishment, but it was also going to have a trader w/inventory and then recently client side vehicles.  The showcase channel on the discord doesn't have anything new since October. I see old videos of a motorcycle, gyrocopter, walls w/damage - all sorts of things. Which ones are even in the mod now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aux7 said:

I think its a nice idea. A medical splint could be plaster of paris for a leg break (clean fracture easily reset in the field)

For the more complex fractures ((compound/spiral etc) you would need a titanium plate etc. But I dont think you would survive the operation in the field without full medical support .. . . so maybe beyond current Dayz capabilities

So I would assume all broken bones are clean fractures .. . . so plaster of paris and bandages, to make a leg splint. Plaster of paris (a bag maybe the size of the bag of rice) mixed with water . .. bandages wrapped round the leg.. .. and plaster of paris applied and allowed to dry to solidify it . . .

Bro what are you talking about? The only thing you can break right now is legs and he only asked for a "sophisticated" version of the improvised splint.

6 hours ago, aux7 said:

Acho uma boa ideia. Uma tala médica pode ser gesso para fratura de perna (fratura limpa facilmente redefinida no campo)

Para as fraturas mais complexas ((composto / espiral etc.), você precisaria de uma placa de titânio, etc. Mas eu não acho que você sobreviveria à operação no campo sem suporte médico total ... então, talvez além das capacidades atuais do Dayz

Então, eu diria que todos os ossos quebrados são fraturas limpas ... . então gesso e bandagens, para fazer uma tala na perna. Gesso (um saco talvez do tamanho de um saco de arroz) misturado com água. .. bandagens enroladas em volta da perna .. .. e gesso aplicado e deixado secar para solidificar. . .

your idea looks good but, it would complicate the game a lot, maybe they could put the character's arms to break and leave the sight unstable, it would be nice and to put on plaster you could use bandage as you said bandage with tape would be good.. since it is a post apocalyptic world..

7 hours ago, McWendy said:

Por que deveria ter menos slots? O tamanho de uma perna é o tamanho de uma perna.

Concordo com uma opção alternativa para imobilização, mas o tamanho deve permanecer o mesmo.

why the same? I also think it should be smaller, a medical splint has more technology than a stick tied with rags.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:59 PM, BreakOleg said:

Gorge this entire update was bug fixes they didn't add a single thing stop complaining, also on the topic of the extra clothing slots, there is no need for any thermal clothing or underclothing slots as the only maps they would be useful on are modded maps, these features would be completely useless on vanilla dayz.

Karen detected

• Haha 2

On 22/01/2021 at 12:26, Cyborg-Gamer said:

Este jogo existe há mais de 5 anos e ainda não possui um sistema de missão como na época do dayz (arma 2)  

então quando você começa a jogar o jogo é divertido e gosta do jogo, mas depois de algum tempo você percebe que a única coisa a fazer é construir uma base e saquear

depois de fazer essas duas coisas é o começo do fim, porque a única coisa que você vai fazer é ir para alguma área de saque e, em seguida, vender o que você conseguiu no comerciante

e não há mais nada no jogo para você fazer apenas isso.

DAYZ DEVE TER UM SISTEMA DE MISSÃO COMO ERA DAYZ EPOCH

se não, não há motivação para continuar jogando este jogo

depois de ter sua base e outras coisas, o que você faz a seguir? por favor coloque o sistema de missão ASP

obrigado 

there are many things that bohemia could do for the player to continue playing, like simply adding achievements, like "kill 1000000 zombies" I would want to platinize the game I would have one more reason to play exactly what the cyborg said after you create your base you have nothing to do, someone shows up in 5 hours that you are disconnected and invades your base very easily.. there is no reason to make a base this way, despite being nice combining with survival..