Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

41 minutes ago, Cyborg-Gamer said:

I know what you mean I read the game  description before...  bohemia should  make a poll asking for the  dayz comunity if  they want  mission system like in dayz epoch I think 90% of players would  say yes 

at least  implement some  A.I so modders could  create mission system  

let's have this discussion - Epoch was never DayZ.  Yes, it was built on the a2 and the original mod, but epoch opened up all the military assets, added skybases, traders, slow (or no zombies) and whatever else.   DayZ is now a survival game, is not based on a2/a3 and doesn't have the military assets nor military engine functionality (like AI, sides, patrols, etc), so ai are going to have to be a mod. There are some out there, but rudimentary from what I hear. 

I just saw a2:epoch is going to release 1.07 so you can go back to that I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, lex__1 said:

You have a feedback tracker. There are many signed correction tickets without correction progress and there are many missing tickets without a mark or signature. This is about looking at broken elements for 2 years.
If we talk about the continuity of the game DayZ 0.67 and DayZ 1.00. Many game features were added (or implemented) before DayZ 0.67 was released. But many features or items for DayZ 1.10 are not implemented (or are missing) or are in poor condition - this refers to the 6-7 year perspective on promises.
This creates a big picture of an eternal lag in overall progress and fix progress.
As for broken updates, I mean the release of updates that breaks any functionality in the game, or interaction with objects, or visual problems. If breakdowns occur in places where they did not exist before the release of the update, then this is a broken update. This update brings fixes to some parts of the game and breaks to other parts of the game. Go back to the feedback tracker and look at the tickets - which updates weren't broken.
In other words, all the long progress in the development of the game is on a large scale, a lot of work has been done. The work has its own positive assessments, each in its own time. But the old players are in a state of déjà vu, we are returning to issues that were resolved earlier, or not resolved before that time.

I login, I play DayZ (on PC) and vehicles aside, I've seen tremendous progress over the last 2 years. Very few game breaking issues. A texture is wrong? So what. I fell off the ladder of the highest smokestack and its been like that forever. Well, don't climb up there.

Tickets, Tickets, Tickets. Meh. Everyone on here obsessively staring at tickets is a side-effect of the terrible decision to open up the years-long EA process to the public.  Nothing "promised" before 1.0 matters. Finally, everyone needs to realize that DayZ is much closer to the end of its development cycle than the beginning. Demanding large, complex changes or even hoping for them with the current resources is probably not worth the time. 

DayZ - the game everyone loves to hate, can't put down and can't stop complaining about (the EA).

1 hour ago, Cyborg-Gamer said:

I know what you mean I read the game  description before...  bohemia should  make a poll asking for the  dayz comunity if  they want  mission system like in dayz epoch I think 90% of players would  say yes 

at least  implement some  A.I so modders could  create mission system  

omg please no. dont ask the people. if a poll would dictate dayz, we would have no stamina and traders on vanilla servers^^

also i dont see the need for a mission system. its up to the players to create their own missions....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, etwas said:

omg please no. dont ask the people. if a poll would dictate dayz, we would have no stamina and traders on vanilla servers^^

also i dont see the need for a mission system. its up to the players to create their own missions....

The moment they announce we would have trader or missions i quit.
No stamina is not as bad, but still a no for me, but some overhaul on item weight would be nice.
Just saying.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, Thundermight said:

That is what i expect, a bug-fix focused patch, instead of a few worthless new features like amusement park (seriously wtf).
 But still, i don't see any major fix to exploit, those which haunts us till this day.
 I'm talking about duplicated items, "secret locations" for hidden storage, storage itself is bad, basebuilding as a whole and so on.
 I see you tweaked barbed wire to be more worthwhile, but still, this is the lesser evil of basebuilding, things like building a watch tower outside to get throught a wall/window that has no physics or that exploit that makes you pass thought wall like shadowcat (you know which one i mean) and i few more that i can't list here w/o making it worst. Those are really gamebreaking, and those should be top priority. Right now any one who knows how to do it, can bring your "weeks of work" down in 15min with a crowbar.

Cover your windows, noob.

13 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I login, I play DayZ (on PC) and vehicles aside, I've seen tremendous progress over the last 2 years. Very few game breaking issues. A texture is wrong? So what. I fell off the ladder of the highest smokestack and its been like that forever. Well, don't climb up there.

That is the problem:
1. Players are forced to refuse to use game mechanics or game objects in places where any problems arise.
2. I have not seen before so many mods, which are also broken in different places, or cause a conflict with each other. This is not really a claim to the authors of the game, but it shows how poor the tools and functionality are for creating mods and getting more compatible mods.
3. Buy the game, but if you don't like our problems, or they don't fix it so quickly, don't play it.
4. Advertising of the game in the store, description of the game, do not correspond to the state and concept. A game about the infected and trying to survive in a changed world.
But most of the servers are PVP, as in the game the PVE scenario is not a priority.
Removing the infected from the game will not change anything and will not affect anything in the gameplay for most servers. It's silly to release a game about the infected, but not create a server with a PVE scenario and an exclusionary PVP mechanic.
5. Find Your Best Private Server - This is a frequent tip for players who realize that they bought the game but it does not correspond to their idea of how it was in the description of the game.

The state of the product is the game for an extended period of time, as if it were still at the beginning of a release, before getting closer to the end of the path.

• Like 2

Things like Epoch and stuff that are trying to turn dayz to be more like Call of Duty, are the very things that are WRONG with dayz.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Beans 1

I was wondering if there are any plans for server optimalisation? I really want to start my own server, but it's a pitty you have to rent a Windows server with a high single clock rate (high costs) to be good enough for a descent amount of players and a few mods installed.

There current server specifications given as recommended is just not enough.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

Tickets, Tickets, Tickets. Meh. Everyone on here obsessively staring at tickets is a side-effect of the terrible decision to open up the years-long EA process to the public.  Nothing "promised" before 1.0 matters. Finally, everyone needs to realize that DayZ is much closer to the end of its development cycle than the beginning. Demanding large, complex changes or even hoping for them with the current resources is probably not worth the time. 

DayZ - the game everyone loves to hate, can't put down and can't stop complaining about (the EA).

Tremendous?? Really. 

Yes Lets Just accept stuff not working and work around it. Sounds right, right? Lmao. Dont climb that ladder it doesn't work. 

And if DayZ is now approaching the end of its development than its a sad time indeed. 

We had more working mechanics and content then compared to now. Now its barely a working PVP oriented game with lousy developed survival mechanics. Which in essence is what its supposed to be. 

Side note: you clearly dont understand what EA is and what its used for. They wanted tickets, they wanted feedback. They also choose not to act on most. 

Im not demanding large complex changes, i want what we had before they switched to the new (so much better, but clearly not and obviously a means to and end "arma4") engine.

And how hard is it to reintroduce my friggin improvised bow back?! 

Now you go and play, ill hop in from time to time (like last 6/7 years) and get to see its still nothing. Nothing like we had. 

Not attacking you personally, Just your view on things. Its obviously lobsided. 

Edited by McWendy
Autocorrect
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

And how hard is it to reintroduce my friggin improvised bow back?! 

Guess it should not be difficult, but with an immense backlog of things to implement with just a team of around 15 devs (Including devs that have nothing to do with bows. Map designers for example) I can imagine it taking this long. The dev team made their share of mistakes back in the days, but for the fiasco that was DayZ 1.0 and us now being two years later and we still miss things I mostly blame BI management. I think that the current team is doing a fine job with the resources they have.

• Like 2

What also bothers me is that there is still no inertia.

The zig zag zoom zoom movement is still stupid, 7 years later.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

We had more working mechanics and content then compared to now. Now its barely a working PVP oriented game with lousy developed survival mechanics. Which in essence is what its supposed to be. 

i don't know what game y'all were playing to think this is remotely true. Rose colored glasses are a hell of a thing, I guess. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, thepoey said:

i don't know what game y'all were playing to think this is remotely true. Rose colored glasses are a hell of a thing, I guess. 

Traps, more elaborate fishing, tanning and crafting leather, dyeing of leather, more ghillie, dyeing of ghillie, Bows, working vehicles, more medical, books, notes, writing, working map, better nights, more character stances, better sync, less Duping, more guns, more support??

Guess your glasses are broken or you Just went pew pew. In that case you never really played the game and Just ran around. 

Edited by McWendy
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

wait which cahracter stance is missing? also, I feel like desync is much better and duping is much less than it used to be. rest seems true tho.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, lex__1 said:

..but not create a server with a PVE scenario and an exclusionary PVP mechanic.
5. Find Your Best Private Server - This is a frequent tip for players who realize that they bought the game but it does not correspond to their idea of how it was in the description of the game.

I absolutely agree. But thats are very hard decisions, because it seems that the most players, just want these 12933 crazy items. Stamina, cold weather and learn cooking are just disturbing waste of time for them because what they want are PvP and do "funny silly things". Like "I want my clan t shirt, that or nothing and i want scream hello hello and hunt bambis in high speed running..etc blabla". Sure, for us Pve Players, who just like the extra kick which PvP brings on Top and enjoy the realism of cold survival, this sometimes looks strange and its hard to understand, when you see what potential this game have with just Vanilla plus harder survival measures. But - if you look which servers are full, than we must accept that things are going in the described direction. 

Players vote by joining on a specified server and Devs are FORCED to do what the vast majority want because they need the financial support. I would say that less than 1% ( im one of these ) are happy with the Vanilla loot and dont need mod stuff because the purpose of the things are given in Vanilla. But i also would like to see just 1 or 2 official serves which based on harder survival. Maybe with very harsh weather conditions and also Namalsk ( I see it more like a free addon, not just a mod ) on it what i really prefer over all. For exampe, I play this on a private server but just after a month, they begin to exchange the Vanilla stuff and add high Stamina and the crappy useless Mod Maps. They look nice but they are useless for its purpose. So, my enjoyment about the first really usefull, but spoilerfree map from Sumrak was from very short time^^

At the end, other Games have also "Easy, Medium, Hard and Superhard". Something like that should be possible to have the choice of a handfull official servers for DayZ "Veterans" to have something like a permanent Vanilla, mod free place with no admin abuse but based on the Environment much harder and more PVE. That means, that you are really forced to use the Pve mechanics and forced to think strategical. The pure PvP players dont would like this because they are chronical unpatience. Rules that nobody controlles like "No PvP" which at the end is like a magnet for PvP Campers are not needed on these servers^^  

To the Bow: Its much to easy, a Splitting Axe is good for stealth play. just try to make no noise. Take them out slowly beginning from outside. The reaction of the Zs are very complex, learn it and you dont need a bow.

Edited by 3K Hours

17 minutes ago, 3K Hours said:

To the Bow: Its much to easy, a Splitting Axe is good for stealth play. just try to make no noise. Take them out slowly beginning from outside. The reaction of the Zs are very complex, learn it and you dont need a bow.

Ah oke Just like the ladder then? You dont need to use it therefore its obsolete.

?? Wtf is wrong with the thought process these days. 

You dont need to use toilet paper to clean your ass, but it sure as hell is handy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 3K Hours said:

The reaction of the Zs are very complex

I would beg to differ.  The reaction of the Zs is repetitive and very predictable.  It is one of the downfalls of the game, in my opinion.

It is the same each time.  When they notice you, they'll do their "Huh?" animation and noise, followed by their scream where they tilt their head back and spread their arms out, followed by running towards you.  The only time this changes depends on their distance from you as sometimes the first two parts can be quick before they attack.

What is so complex about that?

It's a shame that they are basically the same going back to 0.63 -- a variation of infected would make the game more interesting and challenging.  Some that react quicker than others, some that attack harder than others, reaction animations that could change each time making every interaction with them unpredictable, not to mention suggestions already made in other threads on here, like having them be able to break down doors to get you.

Sorry, I just don't find them complex at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

It is the same each time.  When they notice you, they'll do their "Huh?" animation and noise, followed by their scream where they tilt their head back and spread their arms out, followed by running towards you.  The only time this changes depends on their distance from you as sometimes the first two parts can be quick before they attack.Sorry, I just don't find them complex at all.

I think some can do a super punch that hits harder + makes you bleed. But they are not complex because they are also programmed with server load in mind.

Would indeed be nice if there was some variance in behaviour. I am almost as annoyed by them as I was in the older version. The same UUH??? WHUUUUUUARGGH! gets old...

• Like 1

The only things that are bad in all games are 1. people that are cheating 2. unbalanced things. 3) i forgot; lack of QOL improvements. All the other complaints are just funny.

Edited by Bukowa

Dayz also Miscreated, StN and other, upcoming games like this are just need different "Levels". Official Vanilla Servers with very harsh weather conditions for example. When i was new in DayZ i also was playing the easy game with high loot, just sunshine etc. But the same as any other game, when you know how it works you want more challenge.

That the voices of the Zs are too repetitive is maybe a thing. I more would say, that especially on the Chernarus Vanilla the Volume of Environment like winds and that is much too low compared with Z´s, Shots fired by yourself and the steps. But as i remembering that this is also a example where players make this much worse because they complain about this against my opinion. It was better before, but they complaint about the "loud nature". This volume issues now i would call "unbalanced". Sumrak have make this better, the atmosphere in namalsk is much more intense - Unfortunatly no Official Servers for this 😞

Besides to the updates, which i find great i would love to see more server based differences which comes from the Officials. 

I further must say, in more than now 3K Hours i NEVER had problems with the ladder in Vanilla. What i sometimes see are that on some days Problems with the network. If i have this "Desyncs" and rubberbanding, i switch of all Wlan sources ( Handy, Smart Tv etc ) and than its MUCH better. Wlan quality is different and the providers are often serve much less quality as they promise.  Sure, full modded servers are unstable, unplayable and with all the shitloads of different guns you must loot like hell. This is repetitive and boring. But this isnt the fault of the Devs.

@Tom_48_97 @ImpulZ
Any chance of these issues getting looked at before this patch goes to stable? They are easily reproducable and explained as well as possible in the tickets.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153729  - Garden Plots Will Not Allow New Seeds To Be Planted After Old Plants Die
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156388 - Gardening Plots Still Let Items Glitch Under Them
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156389 - Plant Material Does Not Fertalise Plots Completely / Correctly

I also think the wear rate on tools for burying stashes needs reducing still:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155280

The insulation values for certain clothing items are also off, especially WATERPROOF and WATER RESISTANT gear - their insulation is so bad that they are just pointless to wear as even in the dry you are too cold, so it makes no difference if they are better in the wet. It would make more sense for waterproof / resistant gear to be medium/high whether dry or wet but reserve BEST for gear that is susceptible to getting wet, so there is an actual decision involved, rather than just defaulting to BEST as a waterproof garment is LOW anyway meaning you are cold even when there is no rain.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155658
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155659

Thankyou.

Edited by Joe Scrub
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 11:21 PM, Buakaw said:

What also bothers me is that there is still no inertia.

The zig zag zoom zoom movement is still stupid, 7 years later.

Weird thing is there was inertia for a while, as early as 0.63 experimental iirc, but it was dumbed down/nerfed at some  point. Or am I magining things? I guess there was too much crying about "movement being slow and clunky" or something. As long as you're not playing on no-stamina servers it is not a major issue. If anything turning when sprinting should at the very least increase the rate of stamina drain, so after a couple of quick turns you're a winded sitting duck..

1 hour ago, Joe Scrub said:

@Tom_48_97 @ImpulZ
The insulation values for certain clothing items are also off, especially WATERPROOF and WATER RESISTANT gear - their insulation is so bad that they are just pointless to wear as even in the dry you are too cold, so it makes no difference if they are better in the wet. It would make more sense for waterproof / resistant gear to be medium/high whether dry or wet but reserve BEST for gear that is susceptible to getting wet, so there is an actual decision involved, rather than just defaulting to BEST as a waterproof garment is LOW anyway meaning you are cold even when there is no rain.

Agree about this. It does kind of make sense that a raincoat has crap insulation - because that's really how they work. What doesn't make sense is that to take the raincoat on you need to take your warm sweater off. In the real world I would wear the raincoat over the sweater. Sweater to keep warm, raincoat to keep the sweater dry...

Really, it is 2021, it should be possible to have layered clothing. One slot for undergarment (t-shirt/shirt/sweater/telnyashka etc) which gives no inventory slots, and one slot for jackets which allows the inventory slots to be used. When my character is in the dark blue - literally freezing to death - and finds a hoodie, cutting the t-shirt he was wearing up for rags goes agains all my instincts!

• Like 3

Yes, raincoat should go over clothing. Same as headtorch should be worn over hats.

Hiking clothes should be one of the best (civilian) clothing to keep you warm and dry. It's ridiculous that devs from CZ of all countries get this wrong. If you want camo, you go hunting gear, otherwise you go hiking.

Just spent a few hours yesterday on a hike in rainy snow, wearing hiking boots, hunter pants and hiking jacket with a wool hat. All wetness was on the inside from my own heat, I unecessarily overdressed thermal layers for the ocassion. Otherwise I was snuggly warm. 

BTW, at my first stop while looking for a place to park I ventured into a private farm, couple of V3S around, people in camo hunting gear. I supressed my instincts, waved and started talking 😄

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1