Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

5 hours ago, Masgel said:

Loving the optimism.

Check my join date. You would not be optimistic too after 6/7 years of broken promises and broken updates. 

But thanks for your contribution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Can you guys fix the Sarka interior having random gauges on the steering wheel and the air conditioning textures in random places on PS4, it’s been an issue since almost the beginning of its addition.

3 hours ago, thepoey said:
  • Fixed an exploit to look/glitch through walls

literally the first thing on the listed listed as fixed lol 

Yeah, just missed that one. Shame on me.
 I hope that applies to fences too.

• Like 1

I really liked the barbed wire change barbed wires were so useless now they actually provide protection from players on some occasions preventing from crawling in some spots increasing base building possibilities and zombies and animals being hurt by barbed wire is a nice touch.

I run two Dayz servers,

1 - stable server, running 1.10 with mods has a rock steady 60fps

2 - exp server, running 1.11 with no mods has a rock steady 30fps

same game pc, same server pc, identical settings

ok, I found the issue

Edited by aux7

16 hours ago, andro_dawton said:

Barbed Wire and Fire now deal damage to infected and animals

So does this mean that zombies can no longer climb over a double barbed wired fence like Daley Thompson anymore??

Edited by Marlec
Misquoted

Some good changes there that the community has been asking for.
However, there are still Inventory UI bugs for people playing on Ultra Wide resolutions, making item descriptions, wetness level and insulation values unreadable as the clip off the screen, which has also been reported by others in the past per this thread. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154541

I also made a report about an exploit to give a player unlimited night vision, the report was confirmed repeatable and made private but there has been no update and the task is unassigned.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, C_meyers1 said:

Dies that mean gardens can now be dismantled using shovels or pickaxe on consoles as well? Please fix!

considering that the vanilla game is the same on all platforms and the release notes for consoles say the same thing, I'd say yes.

22 hours ago, McWendy said:

Check my join date. You would not be optimistic too after 6/7 years of broken promises and broken updates. 

But thanks for your contribution.

what's your point again?  Step back for a minute and look at what the current team talked about for the last year (really 2) and what was delivered. a few bumps in 2019, but 2020 was on track. Nobody can go back in time to revisit the poor decision to have an EA or fix the "broken promises" (in quotes because it was EA and things change in EA).  "broken update"? again, which ones from the last 2 years? I can think of a few issues  - persistence was a problem right in the beginning and some desync/lag for a release. No need to bring up cars for the 1000th time, so what else that causes you to not be able to play, not what you wish you had that was promised 6 or 7 years ago?

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

fix the glitch where while climbing the ladders of the green military guard towers you glitch down ever so slightly as you go up the ladder before getting stuck in a falling animation in the ladder teleporting between the ladder and top of the tower before ultimately unglitching in the top of the tower. 

It's a rather new one, I noticed it in the last update, and reported it but of course nothing was done. 

This glitch occurs for me on xbox, both on chenarus and livonia. it isn't connection related, as I've successfully replicated it with both stable and unstable connection. I believe it's connected to the wonky-ness of ladders anyway, as when climbing ladders you glitch down a little bit as you go up. 

oof, earlier than I expected. What do you guys think the ETA is for hitting stable?

56 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

oof, earlier than I expected. What do you guys think the ETA is for hitting stable?

Probably the usual 1-3 weeks. But that's ofc guessing based on previous EXP patches.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gobbokirk said:

Probably the usual 1-3 weeks. But that's ofc guessing based on previous EXP patches.

If they are planning to add something before stable that is probably accurate. If they plan to ship 1.11 in the current form there is little reason to wait longer than over the weekend, it is remarkably smooth from what I have seen.

The battery drain in vehicles is seriously annoying though since batteries don't charge when driving, that needs to be fixed before stable or that feature is going to be a major headache. They can make it so a damaged engine/battery will not charge, but as long as both battery and engine are in good condition the battery should be kept charged by driving.

• Beans 1

38 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Alright, seem reasonable.

What concerns me is that zombie aggro still hasn't been changed. Zombies should be able to switch targets if there is another player nearby that is closer.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, YeedMyLastHaw669 said:

fix the glitch where while climbing the ladders of the green military guard towers you glitch down ever so slightly as you go up the ladder before getting stuck in a falling animation in the ladder teleporting between the ladder and top of the tower before ultimately unglitching in the top of the tower. 

It's a rather new one, I noticed it in the last update, and reported it but of course nothing was done. 

This glitch occurs for me on xbox, both on chenarus and livonia. it isn't connection related, as I've successfully replicated it with both stable and unstable connection. I believe it's connected to the wonky-ness of ladders anyway, as when climbing ladders you glitch down a little bit as you go up. 

i think that's happening because of low stamina and when you "sprint" up the ladders and stamina goes away you get desync and it starts teleporting you up and down because on the client you're going fast but to the server you're not going fast you're not "sprinting"    if you know what i'm trying to say... altho idk if this happens on vanilla but it happens on modded... might need vanilla testing but it's probably there too

55 minutes ago, Derleth said:

If they are planning to add something before stable that is probably accurate. If they plan to ship 1.11 in the current form there is little reason to wait longer than over the weekend, it is remarkably smooth from what I have seen.

The battery drain in vehicles is seriously annoying though since batteries don't charge when driving, that needs to be fixed before stable or that feature is going to be a major headache. They can make it so a damaged engine/battery will not charge, but as long as both battery and engine are in good condition the battery should be kept charged by driving.

oh yea... i noticed lately they release to experimental and add big things while experimental and push it to stable.. remember in 1.05 the Parkor Update when in experimental they fixed the major issue which was gunshots so when someone shot and dumped a mag you will hear all those shots combined into 1 shot... just compressed into one big loud sound spammed fast... instead of bang bang bang... you hear bbbbbbbaaagnnggngngn xD or BRaaaaaap xD and i think they might have added the Golf mk2 car in experiemental too... 
So yeah basically they will definitelly add something that makes the update better or... breaks it... like what happend with 1.06 Livonia update...  early Experimental everything was fine and was probably the most polished update yet... then they changed something and just broke it totally

Little fixes here and there, too. Some small things are not listed in the log (as I recall)

For example putting up a fence-kit has a new sound. But there still some missing soundeffects. Like opening tuna with a can opener is silent. But I think there is no need to report, or? Would be nice to see the not priotised version of the to do list about fixes...  🙂

11 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

what's your point again?  Step back for a minute and look at what the current team talked about for the last year (really 2) and what was delivered. a few bumps in 2019, but 2020 was on track. Nobody can go back in time to revisit the poor decision to have an EA or fix the "broken promises" (in quotes because it was EA and things change in EA).  "broken update"? again, which ones from the last 2 years? I can think of a few issues  - persistence was a problem right in the beginning and some desync/lag for a release. No need to bring up cars for the 1000th time, so what else that causes you to not be able to play, not what you wish you had that was promised 6 or 7 years ago? 

You have a feedback tracker. There are many signed correction tickets without correction progress and there are many missing tickets without a mark or signature. This is about looking at broken elements for 2 years.
If we talk about the continuity of the game DayZ 0.67 and DayZ 1.00. Many game features were added (or implemented) before DayZ 0.67 was released. But many features or items for DayZ 1.10 are not implemented (or are missing) or are in poor condition - this refers to the 6-7 year perspective on promises.
This creates a big picture of an eternal lag in overall progress and fix progress.
As for broken updates, I mean the release of updates that breaks any functionality in the game, or interaction with objects, or visual problems. If breakdowns occur in places where they did not exist before the release of the update, then this is a broken update. This update brings fixes to some parts of the game and breaks to other parts of the game. Go back to the feedback tracker and look at the tickets - which updates weren't broken.
In other words, all the long progress in the development of the game is on a large scale, a lot of work has been done. The work has its own positive assessments, each in its own time. But the old players are in a state of déjà vu, we are returning to issues that were resolved earlier, or not resolved before that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

The battery used to charge on my server as I had already implemented this, but then after an update (I didn't even notice right away), the battery stopped charging, yet I hadn't changed the code. So something changed in the file that I hadn't noticed yet. Hopefully it's added in prior to Stable release.

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i think that's happening because of low stamina and when you "sprint" up the ladders and stamina goes away you get desync and it starts teleporting you up and down because on the client you're going fast but to the server you're not going fast you're not "sprinting"    if you know what i'm trying to say... altho idk if this happens on vanilla but it happens on modded... might need vanilla testing but it's probably there too

Still doesn't excuse it for happening. It shouldn't be happening in the first place, and should be fixed. 

I do appreciate you answering my question, and I only play on vanilla, and that's where it happens to me. 

8 hours ago, lex__1 said:

You have a feedback tracker. There are many signed correction tickets without correction progress and there are many missing tickets without a mark or signature. This is about looking at broken elements for 2 years.
If we talk about the continuity of the game DayZ 0.67 and DayZ 1.00. Many game features were added (or implemented) before DayZ 0.67 was released. But many features or items for DayZ 1.10 are not implemented (or are missing) or are in poor condition - this refers to the 6-7 year perspective on promises.
This creates a big picture of an eternal lag in overall progress and fix progress.

Yeah, kinda sad looking at older patches / trello and find stuff missing still. One would assume that stuff to be priority for a 1.0 release.

Anyway, at least they are patching stuff.

I also wonder if the animations and the gunplay are final.

This game exists for more than 5 years and  it still doesn´t have a mission system like in  dayz epoch  (arma 2)  

so when you start to play the game it is all fun and like the game but after sometime you realise that the only things  to do is build a base and loot

after you do these two things is the  beging of the end  because the only thing you will do is   going to some loot area   and then sell the stuff you got on the trader

and there is nothing left in the game  for you  to do  only this.

DAYZ MUST HAVE A MISSION SYSTEM LIKE IT WAS IN DAYZ EPOCH

if not there is no motivation for keep playing this game

after you have your base and stuff  what you do next ?   please put the mission system A.S.P

thank you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Gamer said:

This game exists for more than 5 years and  it still doesn´t have a mission system like in  dayz epoch  (arma 2)  

so when you start to play the game it is all fun and like the game but after sometime you realise that the only things  to do is build a base and loot

after you do these two things is the  beging of the end  because the only thing you will do is   going to some loot area   and then sell the stuff you got on the trader

and there is nothing left in the game  for you  to do  only this.

DAYZ MUST HAVE A MISSION SYSTEM LIKE IT WAS IN DAYZ EPOCH

if not there is no motivation for keep playing this game

after you have your base and stuff  what you do next ?   please put the mission system A.S.P

thank you 

the aim of the game is in the description of the game, go and read it. "survive for as long as you can by any means". I love the game but understand its not for everybody. I also believe the game is going to get better and better especially with the next gen consoles. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

the aim of the game is in the description of the game, go and read it. "survive for as long as you can by any means". I love the game but understand its not for everybody. I also believe the game is going to get better and better especially with the next gen consoles. 

I know what you mean I read the game  description before...  bohemia should  make a poll asking for the  dayz comunity if  they want  mission system like in dayz epoch I think 90% of players would  say yes 

at least  implement some  A.I so modders could  create mission system  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1