Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

i really hope they add ability to add marker on the map like before when the game was in alpha

9 minutes ago, KommanderWar-94971bcb672f9055 said:

why the same? I also think it should be smaller, a medical splint has more technology than a stick tied with rags.

True, still needs to be alligned with a leg. So the size is the same. Cant do with Just half up to the knee

4 minutes ago, McWendy said:

É verdade, ainda precisa ser alinhado com uma perna. Portanto, o tamanho é o mesmo. Não posso fazer com apenas metade do joelho

but the normal screen goes to the knee.. not to mention that you would have to carry it in the inventory all the time, it would not be nice.. you can search google for splints, obviously you can see that they are foldable, already a trunk of wood is not..

• Beans 1

Why am i spanish? 🤣 

I see what you mean. Not against your Idea. But things need to hog space otherwise we just have walking guns and ammo.

DayZ always was and is about choices. We should not be mules carrying everything we can.

Its good to have the discussion we Just need to land on a middleground. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Why am i spanish? 🤣 

I see what you mean. Not against your Idea. But things need to hog space otherwise we just have walking guns and ammo.

DayZ always was and is about choices. We should not be mules carrying everything we can.

Its good to have the discussion we Just need to land on a middleground. 

An improvised splint is 2x4. That is huge. And you need to craft it.

It's not unreasonable at all to consider adding a 1x4 medical splint.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

An improvised splint is 2x4. That is huge. And you need to craft it.

It's not unreasonable at all to consider adding a 1x4 medical splint.

1by 4 could be oke i guess.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, McWendy said:

Why should it have fewer slots? The size of a leg is the size of a leg.

I agree with An alternate option for splinting, but the size should remain the same.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0836DN7Y5/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Recon-Medical-Lightweight-WaterProof-Registration/dp/B074HJXPCW

I think we will see broken arms in the game eventually.

Edited by andro_dawton
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mosi2142 said:

i really hope they add ability to add marker on the map like before when the game was in alpha

I vaguely can remember that there was this Status Report back in 2018 that mentioned different maps (civilian, military etc.) being added to the game and that you could put marks on that. Wondering what ever happened to that plan...

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 2

why not just carry the four rags & a knife? rags take up next to know space & you can just crawl to a bush (which are everywhere), then craft it as you need it. Also why not just make morphine fix a fracture like in the mod days before standalone. saves time & effort adding in new items & creating new bugs

I guess the main points with the medical splint could be that it takes less inventory space and the fracture heals in less time. It is of course pretty much one of those, I may need it some day, items but so are others in the game. It's up to the player to make that decision what to carry and what not. Possibly it could be dismantled for further crafting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amadieus said:

I vaguely can remember that there was this Status Report back in 2018 that mentioned different maps (civilian, military etc.) being added to the game and that you could put marks on that. Wondering what ever happened to that plan...

I'm pretty sure you can make marks and notes in the tourist map already. I've never had reason to use the feature, but I believe it has been in for a long time.

• Like 1

Just add a plaster bandage and a combination of water will create a splint.

21 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Any recent videos of this? Last ones I saw were at least a year ago and they were basic area patrols. 

DayZ Expansion is great accomplishment, but it was also going to have a trader w/inventory and then recently client side vehicles.  The showcase channel on the discord doesn't have anything new since October. I see old videos of a motorcycle, gyrocopter, walls w/damage - all sorts of things. Which ones are even in the mod now?

i remember seeing a video where they were shooting the gun they had... they work... and i watched the same videos as you did probably so idk

57 minutes ago, Myrec said:

Just add a plaster bandage and a combination of water will create a splint.

That is not a splint you can continue your travels on, as is the situation with the improvised splint. 

Yours is one to stay immoblized to let bone heal while you rest. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derleth said:

I'm pretty sure you can make marks and notes in the tourist map already. I've never had reason to use the feature, but I believe it has been in for a long time.

Could you tell me how? I just jumped into offline mode but with no luck in adding marks on the map.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 3:15 PM, McWendy said:

My thoughts exactly. How about this? - you can only carry one rifle on your shoulders. Rifles cannot be placed in a backpack nor a crate.  I'm not talking about realism I'm talking about combatting the hoarding mentality and forcing players to make choices. I definitely think it would have a positive effect on the loot economy.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Is this going to be a purely bug fix and minor changes update or will there be a new item or feature at some point?

14 hours ago, amadieus said:

Could you tell me how? I just jumped into offline mode but with no luck in adding marks on the map.

Tested it now, it doesn't work anymore. I'm pretty sure you just double-clicked or shift+clicked in the map and a marker was created that you could label. I haven't tried to use the feature in a very long time so I don't know when it broke. Or it might be intentionally disabled?

Edited by Derleth
  • Sad 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Mosi2142 said:

Have different mods for that tho...

33 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Have different mods for that tho...

Most of those come with magic player position indicator, on-screen direction and distance to markers and other nonsense. I feel like I'm eating crazy pills though, I was so sure it was already implemented with the vanilla tourist map but I can't for the life of me find a way to place a marker.

the splint suggestion is nice but its literally something that can be modded in instantly if there was any demand for it.

Could we have an ETA for the stable release? For my servers which will likely need wiping.

• Thanks 1

I haven't posted in a while, so I'll make it a quit troll on this "patch" - FAK THE WIPES

Wipes probably don't do anything meaningful, the devs just like to play God and watch us moan 🤣  Bad UX it is.

Who cares if a few "legacy" pre-1.11 infinite batteries are hanging around for a couple of weeks. They'll phase-out. 

• Haha 1