Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

On 2021/2/5 at PM8点59分, helpthedeadwalk said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read lately. What sudden drop of players? https://steamcharts.com/app/221100 DayZ was thisclose to having its most players ever in January on PC and let's not forget consoles.

As for consoles, you can look here https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2020-Year-in-Review - "January to November, DayZ saw 4.1 Million new users, with Xbox leading with 2.5M" and lets not forget this part: " A roadmap for the new year is being finalized, and we are looking to expand our team.". You really should read the rest.

As for "breakthrough updates and progress" - There have been plenty of solid changes in the last 2 years, but if you are expecting features outside of the vanilla dayz experience, its not going to happen. That's why there are mods. Vehicle issues? read the link. helicopters? - let's be honest, that ship has probably sailed due to the vehicle issues. More guns? whatever, they all go pew, pew, pew.  

What you and others can't seem to see is that there is a team again that cares about the game and the experience and is trying very hard (with limited resources) to fix bugs, expand on the systems in place and keep+grow the playerbase. Damn, the lead developer released Namalsk(for free), which is most likely the most popular map after Chernarus.

As for hackers - let's all say it out loud and slow - "Every. single. PC. game. has. hackers."  It's a cat and mouse game. Hackers sit around all day trying to figure out how to exploit some game issue or O/S issue or make some cheat engine (it's a cottage industry).  The dev team needs keep releasing the game and play cat & mouse. Anecdotally it seems to be more region based, but there are community servers, even vanilla ones where you can play. That's not a perfect answer,  but it works.

DayZ is dying? lol. you're only the 1,000,000th person to claim that.

The only thing I'll agree with is "let us wait and see". 

😉

Thanks for your reply, let me see some data.
I agree with your explanation and point of view.
I love this game. I started from ARM2 DAYZ MOD and set up a server to play with my friends.
I don't just like it, but also memories, youth, and love.
I re-examined my statement.
I think my remarks are indeed extreme.
I am sorry for that.
However, I still maintain its existence and that radical speech.
Because it is self-explanatory, it is indeed my current feeling about DAYZ.
My feeling for DAYZ now is like a love-hate relationship.
The friends who used to accompany me to play DAYZ are now married.
We rarely continue to play together.
Sometimes I always think, maybe one day, it can suddenly emit light and change its appearance, I can confidently call my friends to come back to pick up trash and hoard supplies.
But now, their reply is always [the game is boring or there are too many plug-ins].
I am really sad for this, but I can't do anything.

Edited by J0s1

3 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

Why dont you put out a poll on steam and twitter for what gun/feature people want? sval? u mean vss with a bigger mag and western  rail,  against guns like the SAW, AWM, AUG, RPG - NO ONE would have voted for a 'modern vss' - we still have no LMG's or rocket launchers... still no bow and arrows. Another decent scum update came out the other day in prep for 0.5, if this game doesn't pick up soon im moving over to that full time and so have many many many dayz players, we are sick of waiting for this game, you got a second chance with dayz it was dead a few years ago and now its got the spotlight again and its being thrown away! And games like vigor are being prioritised. IF A DEV READS THIS, at the next staff meeting, put forward the voting idea on social media, no one loses and everyone wins, despite my post i still love this game and its why im so frustrated with this "update" - But hey at least we can remove garden plots now .......

We had a big update back at the end of November with the holidays soon after. This update was always meant to be a bug fix/stability patch, so I don't see why you are so bothered by the lack of content. Sure, I was disappointed that we initially did not get a new gun (as every patch so far had one), but here we are and we got something to shoot with. Regarding the guns, I think most people do not care about the RPG and SAW at all. An LMG would be nice but this game needs better weapon progression. Meaning bow/xbow, PM73 RAK, MP-133 or perhaps the Bizon. Steyr AUG is nice, but we have quite some endgame weapons already.

Anyhow, I am sure the devs are doing whatever they can by pleasing all kinds of peeps. It is not their fault that the team got cut by 3/4 halfway through 2019.

Let's stop feeding the trolls, please.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, J0s1 said:

In fact, we all know that due to the sudden drop of players and unstoppable cheating players, they (Bohemia) are letting this world's best game so far gradually die, without any breakthrough updates and progress. Although everyone is trying hard to complete this excellent work.

But now, it only has the last vital signs, and maybe we will witness how it died together.

Or, a kind attending doctor found it, and desperately saved its life, letting it live a few more years.

The result, let us wait and see.

DayZ's player base has risen this year and it consistently hovers around the top 20-30 most played games on steam every day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrotherPlum said:

DayZ's player base has risen this year and it consistently hovers around the top 20-30 most played games on steam every day.

I had to wait in a queue on the server that my toon is on numerous times over the last couple of months.

Annoying as that was, it's certainly no indication of the game dying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I had to wait in a queue on the server that my toon is on numerous times over the last couple of months.

Annoying as that was, it's certainly no indication of the game dying.

indeed mate the game is alive and well. its also still high up there on console too.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, William Sternritter said:

This car batery thing is just in line with all the other changes they made lately. They are pushing for short lifespan of items, making DayZ a loot hunting game instead of survival. I think that is a terrible course for the game.

There is a battery charger in the game, that is currently obsolete. They also made the battery charger lighter. So I guess the change that a car "slightly" delpetes the battery, is to give those items their intended purpose. We'll have to wait and see how fast and appropriate this depletion will be. Cars have way bigger issues.

1 hour ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

There is a battery charger in the game, that is currently obsolete. They also made the battery charger lighter. So I guess the change that a car "slightly" delpetes the battery, is to give those items their intended purpose. We'll have to wait and see how fast and appropriate this depletion will be. Cars have way bigger issues.

Not entirely obsolete, no. I use car and truck batteries to power floodlights and christmas lights on tents. Less noisy than generators, then you just need to use the genny to charge the batteries. Currently leaving the lights on in a car doesn't deplete the battery either, I'd say that would be a more relevant change than depleting it on engine start without having a mechanic to charge when driving. That in turn could be used to give damage states on batteries some relevance - by affecting if and how much charge it can receive and/or the time it takes to charge. As I said earlier, the implementation on 1.11 experimental is a half-arsed implementation. It would be better to keep it out until it is more complete.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Truer words have NEVER been spoken.  We've had a couple of fix/stability patches and NONE of them have fixed the most consistently unstable thing in the game... VEHICLES.  I recently played PUBG... amazing how vehicles work so well on a packed server on that game.  Sad to say but DayZ has the worst vehicle stablility ever in an online open world game currently.

So I might have missed it, but what is the reason you can't repair shovels and pickaxes anymore? If you can use them to rip out a garden you should be able to repair them. For those of you familiar with my solnichniy gardens I have been doing so to create massive lag... Why you may ask? Crashing the game is my only form of protest, the only way to get the attention of the devs. What do they do? Not address the long standing duping exploits (even unintended duping). All you need is a buddy or two to end around the stupid fix of randomized spawns, and boom, duped items. There needs to be a year of fixes, hold off on the reintroduced content. I want a bow and arrows real bad, but not as bad as I want to see squads of dupers disappear. Until then I will continue to garden on a massive scale, create enough lag to crash/slow down the game. It is my only recourse.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/8/2021 at 11:00 AM, The Apocalex said:

Why dont you put out a poll on steam and twitter for what gun/feature people want? sval? u mean vss with a bigger mag and western  rail,  against guns like the SAW, AWM, AUG, RPG - NO ONE would have voted for a 'modern vss' - we still have no LMG's or rocket launchers... still no bow and arrows. Another decent scum update came out the other day in prep for 0.5, if this game doesn't pick up soon im moving over to that full time and so have many many many dayz players, we are sick of waiting for this game, you got a second chance with dayz it was dead a few years ago and now its got the spotlight again and its being thrown away! And games like vigor are being prioritised. IF A DEV READS THIS, at the next staff meeting, put forward the voting idea on social media, no one loses and everyone wins, despite my post i still love this game and its why im so frustrated with this "update" - But hey at least we can remove garden plots now .......

AS VAL is an assault rifle and VSS is a sniper... also Scum is on unreal engine 4 and it's much easier to work on there and devs can literally just shit out content and SCum probably has bigger dev team

53 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Truer words have NEVER been spoken.  We've had a couple of fix/stability patches and NONE of them have fixed the most consistently unstable thing in the game... VEHICLES.  I recently played PUBG... amazing how vehicles work so well on a packed server on that game.  Sad to say but DayZ has the worst vehicle stablility ever in an online open world game currently.

Why do people comparing 2 entirely different engines and 2 entirely different ways of doing cars... Client vs Server side vehicles... i prefer DayZ vehicles over ArmA 3 vehicles tbh.. synchronization in DayZ is better and i don't have to be afraid that a car infront of me will zoom back into me at mach 5 speeds causing me to explode and yeet into atmosphere while the guy in front is completely fine like nothing happend...

8 minutes ago, Mortis 'solnichy sniper' Angels said:

Until then I will continue to garden on a massive scale, create enough lag to crash/slow down the game. It is my only recourse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mortis 'solnichy sniper' Angels said:

So I might have missed it, but what is the reason you can't repair shovels and pickaxes anymore? If you can use them to rip out a garden you should be able to repair them. For those of you familiar with my solnichniy gardens I have been doing so to create massive lag... Why you may ask? Crashing the game is my only form of protest, the only way to get the attention of the devs. What do they do? Not address the long standing duping exploits (even unintended duping). All you need is a buddy or two to end around the stupid fix of randomized spawns, and boom, duped items. There needs to be a year of fixes, hold off on the reintroduced content. I want a bow and arrows real bad, but not as bad as I want to see squads of dupers disappear. Until then I will continue to garden on a massive scale, create enough lag to crash/slow down the game. It is my only recourse.

Serious question: Is DayZ the only game you play?

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

AS VAL is an assault rifle and VSS is a sniper..

Well not really. VSS has an effective range of 400m ... was never really intended to be used as a sniper rifle per se.

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

AS VAL is an assault rifle and VSS is a sniper... also Scum is on unreal engine 4 and it's much easier to work on there and devs can literally just shit out content and SCum probably has bigger dev team

Why do people comparing 2 entirely different engines and 2 entirely different ways of doing cars... Client vs Server side vehicles... i prefer DayZ vehicles over ArmA 3 vehicles tbh.. synchronization in DayZ is better and i don't have to be afraid that a car infront of me will zoom back into me at mach 5 speeds causing me to explode and yeet into atmosphere while the guy in front is completely fine like nothing happend...

At least in Arma 3 cars drives on the road. In DayZ...they just fly. You are delusional if you are saying cars in Dayz are okey.

Edited by kevo1414

16 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Well not really. VSS has an effective range of 400m ... was never really intended to be used as a sniper rifle per se.

VSS is a sniper for Elite troops some Spec Ops level shit... it's not a Dragunov SVD long range cannon capitalist removal utensil xD 

16 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

At least in Arma 3 cars drives on the road. In DayZ...they just fly. You are delusional if you are saying cars in Dayz are okey.

just because it happens doesn't mean every single player experiences this... i only experience this on garbage servers 🙂 it's quite simple... play on quality servers and voila...

• Like 1

Good Afternoon! I was reading through here and saw there were so many people being completely ungrateful and disrespectful. They're ass holes. You guys are ass holes. I want to tell you guys over at BI that you guys are awesome and thank you for the update! There are so many things being fixed! It's great. The addition of the new weapon is nice too. Thank you guys very much for spending time to continue to develop this game! I own a server through nitrado and this update is going to make my life a lot easier. Thanks again!!!

Also, for people who are complaining about vehicles. Yeah... the game might crash. Drive slower and you wont have as many issues. Also, play on a better server. If vehicles are acting like garbage there are probably lots of "bad" things happening on that server. My Nitrado private server has almost 0 issues with vehicles. If you're a server owner look into why your vehicles are glitching so bad. There's a reason.

Edited by ImperfectKoala

On 1/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, lvw06 said:

Still nothing concerning an effective anti-cheat and which would finally make it possible to eradicate the cheaters which are in very large number on private servers (Runningmanz, WFR RU and many others) ...

Moderate your server better. If you own a server and you have cheaters that you allow to play its your fault. 

3 minutes ago, Murilo Junqueira said:

and duplication of items? if this is not corrected any changes will take effect in the game, as this breaks the economy of the game in 1 day.

Moderate your server better. It's super easy to catch duplicators with a third party program for like $10 a month