Tom_48_97

Experimental Update 1.11 (Changelog)

4 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

Version 1.11.153718 (Released on 04.02.2021)

ADDED

• Added the SVAL rifle
  • Added the 20 round magazine for SVAL and VSS

FIXED

• The revolver was not dealing consistent damage
  • It was problematic to place a Medium / Party Tents too close to the player
  • Issues with fertilizing garden plot slots (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156389)
  • The magazine of a weapon on the players back was detached after relog
  • The immunity system was not updated on the player (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156489)
  • The spotlight could be plugged into a battery that was inside of a vehicle
  • It was possible to place two tents inside each other
  • It was possible to stack up stone ovens
  • It was possible to sometime place objects inside furniture of buildings
  • Epinephrine was not working correctly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156359)

SERVER

• Added: timeStampFormat now supports two additional options "ShortTZ" and "FullTZ" which will append the time zone in UTC (RPT log only)

Known Issues

• The new 20 round magazine can currently not be used with the VSS - a fix for this will be deployed shortly

This is very good, but can you add the spawn SVAL on Tisy? Not only helicopter crash, but also Tisy.

21 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

In all fairness, 1.10 added a ton of great stuff, but at 4 updates a year that amount of content should be standard not out of the ordinary, there is too little with too far inbetween, if we were to get a 1.06 or 1.10 sized update every time, this game would be fully fleshed out in a year, maybe two 

I don't remember on top of my head all things 1.10 added but most of these were things from before new engine. We all had these things. They are just tweaking it in and adding old stuff back. Aside from breaking legs and two variants of tents, nothing has really changed, and having to wait 3 months doesn't cut it. DayZ is still my favourite  game, because I love the idea it stands behind, but I see it's stalling. Updates bring very few, if at all new things. We were promised aerial vehicles, advanced basebuilding and much more. That was supposed to be in the main game, not have it added by modders. I still play on vanilla or some servers that have very, very few mods. I find guns they add to be not polished, like they somehow don't belong to this game. Also, basebuilding needs to be fixed asap. No one wants to build a base on vanilla because it's not balanced. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Just Caused said:

I don't remember on top of my head all things 1.10 added but most of these were things from before new engine. We all had these things. They are just tweaking it in and adding old stuff back. Aside from breaking legs and two variants of tents, nothing has really changed, and having to wait 3 months doesn't cut it. DayZ is still my favourite  game, because I love the idea it stands behind, but I see it's stalling. Updates bring very few, if at all new things. We were promised aerial vehicles, advanced basebuilding and much more. That was supposed to be in the main game, not have it added by modders. I still play on vanilla or some servers that have very, very few mods. I find guns they add to be not polished, like they somehow don't belong to this game. Also, basebuilding needs to be fixed asap. No one wants to build a base on vanilla because it's not balanced. 

Oh, with the "promises" again. DayZ has been 1.0 for over 2 years. 3 or 4 or 5 years ago during EA, helicopters and other things were "promised", because they were already in the engine.. Old dev team swapped the engine, didn't get it done, EA is over and now we have DayZ 1.x, with a new (smaller) dev team and this is DayZ. All previous bets ("promises") are off.  [We can agree to disagree on this]

Every single feature has to be designed, coded, tested and released. Nothing is easy. It's a complex system, I'm sure. Even the modders will tell you that they don't have to code to the same standards as official.  

All of that aside, I'd like to ask how you would balance base building and I assume base destruction. This is a conversation that's been going on since a2:dayzmod and we're all still discussing it. Assume you can't have raid time nor unraidable bases.  I sincerely ask because just saying its broken isn't a solution.

My pet peeve is hoarding. Due to a lack of PVE or other goals (trophies or missions or humanity or whatever) players hoard. No double carry of rifles on shoulders, no rifles in backpacks and no rifles in crates. Now, you need to make some decisions.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

My pet peeve is hoarding. Due to a lack of PVE or other goals (trophies or missions or humanity or whatever) players hoard. No double carry of rifles on shoulders, no rifles in backpacks and no rifles in crates. Now, you need to make some decisions.

I love hoarders, it's free loot that comes to you. Saves me so much work.

In fact, we all know that due to the sudden drop of players and unstoppable cheating players, they (Bohemia) are letting this world's best game so far gradually die, without any breakthrough updates and progress. Although everyone is trying hard to complete this excellent work.

But now, it only has the last vital signs, and maybe we will witness how it died together.

Or, a kind attending doctor found it, and desperately saved its life, letting it live a few more years.

The result, let us wait and see.

Edited by J0s1

39 minutes ago, J0s1 said:

In fact, we all know that due to the sudden drop of players and unstoppable cheating players, they (Bohemia) are letting this world's best game so far gradually die, without any breakthrough updates and progress. Although everyone is trying hard to complete this excellent work.

But now, it only has the last vital signs, and maybe we will witness how it died together.

Or, a kind attending doctor found it, and desperately saved its life, letting it live a few more years.

Sure buddy

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Just Caused said:

those are old promises that got irrelevant due to change in development and vision of the game... besides it was promised on the old engine which was literally like 97% ArmA 2 engine meaning you can copy paste ArmA mods into DayZ and it will work pretty much flawlessly... old engine is actually Take on Helicopters engine and there are videos of modded DayZ Standalone that has fully working helicopters and even cars ( before cars were a thing in vanilla ) if only we had modding support on the old engine it would be fire xD since it was basically still ArmA with reskin UI... but then mid development around 2015 devs decided... let's make a new engine that not only DayZ will run but all our future titles will... and voila... Enfusion and all promises went away and became invalid.. and with the switch to the new engine they have to rework everything else that was in the game because it doesn't work with the new one... seriously.. go to offline mode and spawn in bows... they crash your game xD 
also nothing changed? really? what about waaay smoother gameplay... animations... better fps... better graphics... more dense map areas like woods and towns... a lot of things previously thought impossible are now possible and tbh New DayZ even gutted from the content it once had is waaay better experience then old DayZ...

you probably have nostalgia thing going and i dare you... go find an old version of the game like 0.59 version and play it... see if you like it and enjoy it's clunkyness  

• Beans 1

8 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

you probably have nostalgia thing going and i dare you... go find an old version of the game like 0.59 version and play it... see if you like it and enjoy it's clunkyness  

The game has come a long way but theres a long way to go

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

The game has come a long way but theres a long way to go

there is infinite way to go... there is this one way but it's just a fantasy at this point... but maybe not in next 10 years... but maybe we will get FULL Chernarus... the Chernarus we have now is actually a really small part of actual Chernarus... it's a peninsula called South Zagoria... you can find Full Chernarus map in DayZ map in schools

i found it here.. as you can see the map we play on is on far right sidemap_of_chernarus_by_falcohumaniora21_dde

3 hours ago, J0s1 said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read lately. What sudden drop of players? https://steamcharts.com/app/221100 DayZ was thisclose to having its most players ever in January on PC and let's not forget consoles.

As for consoles, you can look here https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2020-Year-in-Review - "January to November, DayZ saw 4.1 Million new users, with Xbox leading with 2.5M" and lets not forget this part: " A roadmap for the new year is being finalized, and we are looking to expand our team.". You really should read the rest.

As for "breakthrough updates and progress" - There have been plenty of solid changes in the last 2 years, but if you are expecting features outside of the vanilla dayz experience, its not going to happen. That's why there are mods. Vehicle issues? read the link. helicopters? - let's be honest, that ship has probably sailed due to the vehicle issues. More guns? whatever, they all go pew, pew, pew.  

What you and others can't seem to see is that there is a team again that cares about the game and the experience and is trying very hard (with limited resources) to fix bugs, expand on the systems in place and keep+grow the playerbase. Damn, the lead developer released Namalsk(for free), which is most likely the most popular map after Chernarus.

As for hackers - let's all say it out loud and slow - "Every. single. PC. game. has. hackers."  It's a cat and mouse game. Hackers sit around all day trying to figure out how to exploit some game issue or O/S issue or make some cheat engine (it's a cottage industry).  The dev team needs keep releasing the game and play cat & mouse. Anecdotally it seems to be more region based, but there are community servers, even vanilla ones where you can play. That's not a perfect answer,  but it works.

DayZ is dying? lol. you're only the 1,000,000th person to claim that.

The only thing I'll agree with is "let us wait and see". 

• Like 3
  • Beans 5

could all the negative nancys and people that just post the same crap all over again that spam and clutter and ridicule threads like this just fuck of to other sections of the forums? It's a pain in the ass to read you whinings on here when looking for new updates and fixes and infos about. Pearls like the knowledge drop by Gews (thanks for correcting me btw) are just lost in a sea of meaninglessness 😞

• Beans 1

@KajMak64Bit2 Have other parts of chernarus ever been done by modders in another game like arma 3? i know there is utes, but it would be awesome to get an idea of the layout for miroslavi to novigrad

Edited by The Apocalex

ive thought that chernarus and livonia and maybe namask all combined to one map would be sweet

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read lately. What sudden drop of players? https://steamcharts.com/app/221100 DayZ was thisclose to having its most players ever in January on PC and let's not forget consoles.

As for consoles, you can look here https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2020-Year-in-Review - "January to November, DayZ saw 4.1 Million new users, with Xbox leading with 2.5M" and lets not forget this part: " A roadmap for the new year is being finalized, and we are looking to expand our team.". You really should read the rest.

As for "breakthrough updates and progress" - There have been plenty of solid changes in the last 2 years, but if you are expecting features outside of the vanilla dayz experience, its not going to happen. That's why there are mods. Vehicle issues? read the link. helicopters? - let's be honest, that ship has probably sailed due to the vehicle issues. More guns? whatever, they all go pew, pew, pew.  

What you and others can't seem to see is that there is a team again that cares about the game and the experience and is trying very hard (with limited resources) to fix bugs, expand on the systems in place and keep+grow the playerbase. Damn, the lead developer released Namalsk(for free), which is most likely the most popular map after Chernarus.

As for hackers - let's all say it out loud and slow - "Every. single. PC. game. has. hackers."  It's a cat and mouse game. Hackers sit around all day trying to figure out how to exploit some game issue or O/S issue or make some cheat engine (it's a cottage industry).  The dev team needs keep releasing the game and play cat & mouse. Anecdotally it seems to be more region based, but there are community servers, even vanilla ones where you can play. That's not a perfect answer,  but it works.

DayZ is dying? lol. you're only the 1,000,000th person to claim that.

The only thing I'll agree with is "let us wait and see". 

It’s dead game with pathetic devs 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

@KajMak64Bit2 Have other parts of chernarus ever been done by modders in another game like arma 3? i know there is utes, but it would be awesome to get an idea of the layout for miroslavi to novigrad

Utes is an ArmA 2 map... it's a separate thing from Chernarus altho there were some Chernarus maps that included Utes... 

Also i looked it up... full Chernarus map size would be around 5450km2 compared to current Chernarus that is 225km2 

5 hours ago, Bossshawk said:

ive thought that chernarus and livonia and maybe namask all combined to one map would be sweet

they never will be into one map... not possible... they are based on a lot of placed around the planet xD Livonia is more like Poland and Chernarus is like... idk Chechnya? and Namalsk is like in Siberia... how will you put those maps together i don't know... but there is one thing that makes sense to be stitched together with Chernarus... and that's Takistan xD since it's a neighboring country to Chernarus... but again it doesn;t make sense since it's on the whole other side of the country where we are right now... check my map i posted

They seem to expand on the 9x39 mm ammo. 🙂 The ammo used to be less important (be useable one gun only).

It will be even more usefull if we would get the SR3-M and SR3-MP with 30 round mags, too. 

But not some other 9x39 weapon like the Ak-9. It would add a new mag. Which is not compatible with the vss, afaik.

Edited by andro_dawton

7 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Utes is an ArmA 2 map... it's a separate thing from Chernarus altho there were some Chernarus maps that included Utes... 

Also i looked it up... full Chernarus map size would be around 5450km2 compared to current Chernarus that is 225km2 

they never will be into one map... not possible... they are based on a lot of placed around the planet xD Livonia is more like Poland and Chernarus is like... idk Chechnya? and Namalsk is like in Siberia... how will you put those maps together i don't know... but there is one thing that makes sense to be stitched together with Chernarus... and that's Takistan xD since it's a neighboring country to Chernarus... but again it doesn;t make sense since it's on the whole other side of the country where we are right now... check my map i posted

Namalsk is in the Bering Sea between Siberia and Alaska, on the Russian side. So pretty far from Chernarus indeed...

Combining the maps would make little sense, since these are regions hundres of kilometers apart,  but I must say that I like the idea of maps on the same server hive. Thus your character "travels" between these regions. In that case even the displacement system is good.

hope to see some balancing in actions someday.
like why the damn skinning the cow or make primitive fire with wet sticks is faster than drink  one pepsi?

come on?:D

• Haha 1

Arma 2..The Green Sea Expansion...for example  https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17341 and https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15645

and Utes is part of Chernarus which can be experienced in The Arma 2 campaign...like Stratis and Altis in Arma 3

Edited by Private Evans

It is somehow strange to see how much not only this game but also its playerbase has changed. Back in the days 99 % of the active forum members were more or less hardcore Arma 2 players. It is funny to see things coming up now like The Green Sea, Miroslav or Utes xD 

On 2/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, Boroda Thug said:

It’s dead game with pathetic devs 

This is some Classic DayZ Discourse right here. 

"A bunch of evidence illustrating why the player base is more active than ever" vs. "no it's not" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thepoey said:

This is some Classic DayZ Discourse right here. 

"A bunch of evidence illustrating why the player base is more active than ever" vs. "no it's not" 

"I don't like it so it ded. U wrong, me right."

Why dont you put out a poll on steam and twitter for what gun/feature people want? sval? u mean vss with a bigger mag and western  rail,  against guns like the SAW, AWM, AUG, RPG - NO ONE would have voted for a 'modern vss' - we still have no LMG's or rocket launchers... still no bow and arrows. Another decent scum update came out the other day in prep for 0.5, if this game doesn't pick up soon im moving over to that full time and so have many many many dayz players, we are sick of waiting for this game, you got a second chance with dayz it was dead a few years ago and now its got the spotlight again and its being thrown away! And games like vigor are being prioritised. IF A DEV READS THIS, at the next staff meeting, put forward the voting idea on social media, no one loses and everyone wins, despite my post i still love this game and its why im so frustrated with this "update" - But hey at least we can remove garden plots now .......

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Thanks 1