ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

33 minutes ago, kumando said:

Any guess when will go live to stable?

Probably not on a Saturday. 

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

Ok guys, good job.  Its ready for stable!

I wish, can't play on exp on my own server (admin mod breaks) and the server i play on gonna wipe on stable so i don't wanna make a base there yet. 
Sadly, they need to tweak it a bit more i think, the loot has ben changed multiple times allready. And a lot of weapons isn't even in the loot table. 

11 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I see your new around here.  I'm not pissed.  I've been playing this game since 2014, I have over 8000 hours in it.  I run a community with a DayZ server.  We've been playing a long damn time.  Some of us even played the Arma 2 mod, When verhicles were client side, they worked pretty damn good.  Yeah, there were issues, but NOT LIKE THIS.  This is BROKE AF.  Our server is an i9 9900K with 64 GB memory on a 1 GB connection at a Kansas City Data Center.  Everyone has less than a 40 ping, and I am telling you even on a fresh wipe, more than a dozen players will cause cars to misbehave.  No one is lagging.  This server has run RUST/MISCREATED/ARMA 3 and many, MANY other games, but ONLY DayZ has had the worst implementation of vehicles.  I LOVE DAYZ.  And the momement they changed to Server Side, I provided so much data to so many tickets to them, provided them with GIGS and GIGS of logs.  NOTHING changed.  Oh they made some network optimizations here and there but vehicles have always been broken since the change.  I'm not spending any more time helping them with the responses we have been getting, I will continue to press VERY HARD to them that without working, reliable vehicles, part of the end game is simply not obtainable unless you play on highly modded servers.  My server FPS right now is over 4,000 with 12 people on it, and just a handful of mods, and cars fly.  Bad server FPS is not the problem.

After all this time and no direct information from anyone at BI to the community if they even have a plan to fix cars, I have to assume they just don't care anymore.  SO that leaves us with finding a good, smaller map to play where cars are just not priority to get around and you can end game without them.  Looks like NAMALSK might be the answer.  I want players to have a good DayZ experience, at this point, it's just frustrating.  NAMALSK really will be the last straw with our community. 

BI.... take 6 months and fix the damn vehicles.  You'd be doing the entire DayZ community a favor and bring in more players.

okay I get your point. Cars are in no way nicely implemented. But on the other hand: how come I can fly a helicopter or drive a car just fine on the server I play on? Full server (70 or 80 players). Driven three guys over the map, back and forth. Biggest problem were some feelings of delay/lag here and there, some skipped frames that made my heart drop. But other than that, the Gunter drove very well, road blocks etc no problem, speeds above 100, no problem. 
How can that be?

2 minutes ago, moeb1us said:

okay I get your point. Cars are in no way nicely implemented. But on the other hand: how come I can fly a helicopter or drive a car just fine on the server I play on? Full server (70 or 80 players). Driven three guys over the map, back and forth. Biggest problem were some feelings of delay/lag here and there, some skipped frames that made my heart drop. But other than that, the Gunter drove very well, road blocks etc no problem, speeds above 100, no problem. 
How can that be?

Simple answer? A DayZ server’s performance depends heavily on three factors:

1. Hardware - the stronger the server’s hardware the better it will perform, pretty straightforward.

2. Network. The server might be super powerful, but if it is connected to an unstable network hub it will have issues anyway. Packet loss triggers desync, desync is death on DayZ servers.

3. The players’ network. Yeah, the sad reality is that even a strong server on good stable network can be sent into stutters by one or more players with poor connection.

All we can hope for is that server net code is tweaked to minimise problems related to 2 and 3. And that systems are made less likely to lose sync because of them - better to get kicked from the server than go into a firefight holding a rag when you think you have your AK out.

31 minutes ago, Derleth said:

better to get kicked from the server than go into a firefight holding a rag when you think you have your AK out.

LOL, the image that conjures up.

I can just see someone racing into Cherno with a rag in his hand..."Come on muthafukas!!!!"

15 hours ago, mashstroy-64e6fde46d276cd1 said:

"Wooden Log, Wooden Plank and Metal Plate could not be attached to the M3S truck" - does not work 😪

+1

Still doesn't work.

@lynn.zaw

When it comes to weapons in 1.10, keep an eye on the sky!

What does this mean, why is their a red star / planet in the sky?

17 minutes ago, Seen it All said:

When it comes to weapons in 1.10, keep an eye on the sky!

What does this mean, why is their a red star / planet in the sky?

It is the flare gun

• Like 1

12 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I see your new around here.  I'm not pissed.  I've been playing this game since 2014, I have over 8000 hours in it.  I run a community with a DayZ server.  We've been playing a long damn time.  Some of us even played the Arma 2 mod, When verhicles were client side, they worked pretty damn good.  Yeah, there were issues, but NOT LIKE THIS.  This is BROKE AF.  Our server is an i9 9900K with 64 GB memory on a 1 GB connection at a Kansas City Data Center.  Everyone has less than a 40 ping, and I am telling you even on a fresh wipe, more than a dozen players will cause cars to misbehave.  No one is lagging.  This server has run RUST/MISCREATED/ARMA 3 and many, MANY other games, but ONLY DayZ has had the worst implementation of vehicles.  I LOVE DAYZ.  And the momement they changed to Server Side, I provided so much data to so many tickets to them, provided them with GIGS and GIGS of logs.  NOTHING changed.  Oh they made some network optimizations here and there but vehicles have always been broken since the change.  I'm not spending any more time helping them with the responses we have been getting, I will continue to press VERY HARD to them that without working, reliable vehicles, part of the end game is simply not obtainable unless you play on highly modded servers.  My server FPS right now is over 4,000 with 12 people on it, and just a handful of mods, and cars fly.  Bad server FPS is not the problem.

After all this time and no direct information from anyone at BI to the community if they even have a plan to fix cars, I have to assume they just don't care anymore.  SO that leaves us with finding a good, smaller map to play where cars are just not priority to get around and you can end game without them.  Looks like NAMALSK might be the answer.  I want players to have a good DayZ experience, at this point, it's just frustrating.  NAMALSK really will be the last straw with our community. 

BI.... take 6 months and fix the damn vehicles.  You'd be doing the entire DayZ community a favor and bring in more players.

No offense, I get what you´re saying.

If I spent that much time and effort giving the devs feedback and meaning well for a community of players I care about, I´d probably had it myself by now as well.

Been on and of at the game myself over the years, having played some 2000 hours by now, so I remember the vehicles were playing better back when they were client side. But during all that that time since the mod, there were some serious challenges to the devs we tend to forget that made it hard for the game to be were maybe other studios could have taken it the same time since 2014 - IF developement went smooth and constantly, that is. 

All that developement time becomes 3 years quickly when you think about it, because they completely rewrote central elements of the game engine over the years, while suffering different positional changes in the dev-team and probably wasted two dev-leads on the way. Yet here we are, its still BI not having forgot about the game and delivering constant progress in challenging times, probably with devs multi developing other BI titles as well. Must be a reason they are hireing all the time.

All that is not a dev problem. It´s the management that makes these decisions and the devs are mostly asked things like "what can you deliver until Febuary next year, ´cause thats how long the funds last - Oh btw, surprise, stop what you´re doing, in Q1/21, its time for DLC-Namalsk, so divert devtime to that already". Management mostly doesn´t care for games in the first place. Management cares for bottom lines first.

The devs COULD indeed give more feedback aka "we hear you but. *problem* is gonna take  *timframe* until we start to even take a closer look at it".

But all they could really tell us at the moment (if they would be allowed to) is probably "doing crunchtime on Arma4, Ylands, Vigor and DayZ, positioning our games vs. the competition, hoping to be home by christmas".

Most of the time, if a problem in a game is too big and takes too much time to fix profoundly (like vehicles, i guess) it´s rather a management/funding decision to do/don´t do it and there´s management people with different motivations involved.  So I wouldn´t bash the devs too hard, enjoy what they did for now and trust that the game gets there one day. I really hope the conditions at BI are not as I described them,  but they may very well be. 

Just my 2 cents to consider.

1 hour ago, DrzZzZt said:

the vehicles were playing better back when they were client side.

Client side / server side. No idea what is meant by this. I just wonder how hundreds of other multiplayer games with cars, airplanes, tanks, helicopters, motorbikes, boats etc. manage to do it. but dayz thinks it is totally impossible to do so?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, wildzero said:

Client side / server side. No idea what is meant by this. I just wonder how hundreds of other multiplayer games with cars, airplanes, tanks, helicopters, motorbikes, boats etc. manage to do it. but dayz thinks it is totally impossible to do so?

The difference is in all the stuff a DayZ server has to keep track of. Think about it - in most multiplayer shooters the average game session lasts maybe 20-30 minutes on a small map without persistence to take into account. DayZ is persistent around the clock, on a huge map, with hundreds of animal AI, thousands of zombies and tens of thousands of loot lying around. The server also needs to keep track of up to 60 players (or more on community servers) running around looting, shooting, climbing, driving, bleeding, eating, freezing, starving and dying. It has to keep track of every bullet (some of them tracers or armour piercing), every step, every twist on a steering wheel of a moving vehicle, every zombie hearing something moving nearby. Every base element - fences, gates, towers, tents & barrels and their contents. Mines. Traps. Cooking food. People fishing. Fruit spawning from trees. Vehicles moving. Every single door's state (open, closed or locked), even every damn tree - and there are millions of them - is tracked because when you cut one down it doesn't come back until after a server restart. All this needs to be saved in real time so it doesn't disappear when the server is restarted. (Remember the persistence problems after 1.0?)

I challenge you to find a game with a scope that ambitious that has better server performance. Yeah, it does not exist.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

The difference is in all the stuff a DayZ server has to keep track of. Think about it - in most multiplayer shooters the average game session lasts maybe 20-30 minutes on a small map without persistence to take into account. DayZ is persistent around the clock, on a huge map, with hundreds of animal AI, thousands of zombies and tens of thousands of loot lying around. The server also needs to keep track of up to 60 players (or more on community servers) running around looting, shooting, climbing, driving, bleeding, eating, freezing, starving and dying. It has to keep track of every bullet (some of them tracers or armour piercing), every step, every twist on a steering wheel of a moving vehicle, every zombie hearing something moving nearby. Every base element - fences, gates, towers, tents & barrels and their contents. Mines. Traps. Cooking food. People fishing. Fruit spawning from trees. Vehicles moving. Every single door's state (open, closed or locked), even every damn tree - and there are millions of them - is tracked because when you cut one down it doesn't come back until after a server restart. All this needs to be saved in real time so it doesn't disappear when the server is restarted. (Remember the persistence problems after 1.0?)

I challenge you to find a game with a scope that ambitious that has better server performance. Yeah, it does not exist. 

All this was implemented earlier in the OFP series - Arma2. Then there was no x64bit game yet, there was no Internet 10 - 500 mb / s, there was not a lot of something ... But despite this, the players received regular updates that did not break all mission systems and mods.
I won't even try to argue, but the gaming platform has changed a lot for the better, many interesting functions have appeared. But I do not understand when one object is introduced and this object does not function, or functions at 10% of its purpose. I will not give any example, but there are many examples. This approach appeared with the release of Arma3 and continues to this day.
Same server performance issue. If a gaming platform needs a productive server, why isn't it provided? In previous versions of the gaming platform, everything was transferred from client to client through the server.
This, in principle, cannot work normally now, since the server side has many bottlenecks. In Arma3 I could stably play for hours on the server, but after five years of the same disputes and indignations on the author's forums. That is, players have to wait five years for this information to reach a certain conditional peak, for some case to arise - that it is time to deal with this issue.
Let the authors edit the description of the product in the store - the game is good, but everything will work in five or six years. Why is it so not accurate? We just don't want to be unfounded. ))) Wordless - so it was stated by the author, about the plans for the current year. Unsolicited - this is when they promise, but do not fit into a deadline or opportunity. I think most would like to see plans for the future, without a promise of a timeline. The author can keep this manner, but not in every situation and certainly not in front of the investor.

Edited by lex__1

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Rust.

Edited by Joe Scrub
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2020 at 12:38 AM, Derleth said:

@ImpulZ Several players have described to me that zombies phasing into players in melee has become a lot worse with 1.10. I haven't noticed this myself, but this might be due to my choice of weapons - they say it mostly happens when fighting zombies with knives. Is it possible that the body collision tweaks made to avoid bodies clipping into walls have somehow affected collisions in melee combat? Zombies stepping into players is an old, old issue that was mostly - but not entirely - gone, but now it seems to be back.

If am to guess wildly (with no technical knowhow to found my guesses on...) the slashing animation when knife-fighting temporarily removes collision for the infected, so if the infected attacks or the player steps forward (which you do with every slash grrrrr!!!) the infected will end up inside the player. Where it can hit the player but the player cannot hit back, until he backs away - giving the infected another free hit.

Please look into this, I will see if there's an open ticket on the issue and add to that. Will also attempt to record video of it happening later today.

Located my old feedback ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137370

A guy on reddit who said he had not played in awhile and came back was complaining about zombies clipping through players alot more often on Exp. Do not know how common it is on 1.09, will test it out more.

3 hours ago, Monosof said:

A guy on reddit who said he had not played in awhile and came back was complaining about zombies clipping through players alot more often on Exp. Do not know how common it is on 1.09, will test it out more.

I did some testing yesterday, and I don't know if something has been actively done about it but I did not have any problems in melee at any time.

However I did get desynced hands slot several times - every time it happened it was triggered by using R to swap magazines in my pistol. If this error cannot be eliminated the function simply needs to be removed from R. If I swap mags by binding to hotbar or drag/dropping in inventory it doesn't happen.

Edited by Derleth

3 hours ago, Joe Scrub said:

Rust.

I found Rust to be more fast-paced and a tad simplistic, compared to DayZ.

• Haha 1

Dear devs, could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Masgel said:

I found Rust to be more fast-paced and a tad simplistic, compared to DayZ.

Isn't the maps in Rust tiny by comparison too? Besides comparing Rust with DayZ is not really relevant, the games are too different. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

Stop the Exp!

-> push it to stable today! Its working great 🙂

Feedback tracker says otherwise, regarding what 1.10 brings.

Edited by Masgel

New EXP update incoming BTW, so no stable that soon. I'm all happy for them to tune it until Christmas and then have proper break, without bug fixing the stable branch.