ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

6 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

Your so angry, whats constantly ranting on here going to do, you just gotta go with it and be patient - hell, play another game for a few months if you want n then come back to dayz and see if it meets your standards yet.

You love DayZ and so do I, but you need to understand that the heavy complaining is absolutely necessary for DayZ's future ! I've had the same positon on this as yours a year ago, let me tell you a little story. Ubisoft released a game that had many issues and I was one of those people saying "it's not too bad", "you have to be patient", "spread positivity, don't be so toxic", "the dev's will fix it, I'm sure" exacly like you do right now. Half a year passed, then Ubisoft reduced the amount of dev's working on the project, just like BI did with DayZ. Now Ubisoft abandonned the game completely. Moral of the story? Pressure from the community is absolutely vital ! We are all very thankful of what BI's doing, but we need to remain very critical about the issues it still has. It looks to me like BI's trying to hide from the netcode & vehicle issues, sweep it under the carpet, probably cus it's extremely expensive to fix. We need to call it out very openly. If we don't, BI will keep ignoring it and give us fancy updates with sum moar kool hats.

Edited by Nicklander
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

At this point, I'm hoping that the cars' performance is gonna stay as broken as they are currently, just to be annoying 😀.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

From driving some cars on Experimental over the last couple of weeks I'd say bouncing and Harry Potter isn't the most serious issue - didn't happen once and I've been on both officials and my own server - but how ridiculously brittle they are. Twice I have bumped into roadsigns doing no more than 20 kmph and more or less totaled the car.

Yeah this.

I really don't give a crap about cars in DayZ and I'm bemused why it is such a source of ire for some players. I can get all over the map just fine on me old legs. It isn't THAT big.

However, I found an ADA and decided to fix it up for the laugh. So I went through the rigmarole of getting the stuff I needed, radiator, spark plug, fuel etc. I got everything ready, started the engine, moved slowly off and barely struck the car against a fence post...

fuckin thing was totalled.

That's the first and last time I'll be bothering with cars in DayZ.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

9 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

Your so angry, whats constantly ranting on here going to do, you just gotta go with it and be patient - hell, play another game for a few months if you want n then come back to dayz and see if it meets your standards yet.

You're funny.

9 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

I mean, watching  Sumrak's stream when he went "trucking", it only took a few hours for Sumrak and company to go flying in an Olga, ruin their car, and go unconscious. And this is on Experimental servers that are typically low pop. Once you get on 60 player Official servers in Stable, the risk for flying cars increases dramatically. So the player's choice is then, take a stupid risk of losing all you've worked for, or just not use cars, or stick to low pop servers only to use cars (which is boring).

I saw this, and was so happy to see it happen to the Head of Development on DayZ, and it's been nothing but crickets since.  It is beyond rational thinking how any developer could experience this and not think, we gotta get a handle on this!  But nope, if it something that makes sense, then BI runs the other direction.

I'm not angry.... I'm extremely disappointed at the continual piss poor decisions made by the team making this game.  It was comical at one point, now it's just depressing. 1.10 ... whoopee, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nicklander said:

You love DayZ and so do I, but you need to understand that the heavy complaining is absolutely necessary for DayZ's future !

Heavy complaining only makes you sound like a spoiled only child and creates a toxic environment.... Absolutely unnecessary. There's a vast difference between constructive criticism and complaining. Evidently you weren't taught the difference and earned too many participation trophies.

Be constructive by stating how the game has caused an issue for you, then offer something positive about the game, then offer, in your opinion, how you think this could be corrected. Showing appreciation and gratitude goes a long way in helping keeping a positive environment which boosts moral and keeps things moving in a positive direction.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I saw this, and was so happy to see it happen to the Head of Development on DayZ, and it's been nothing but crickets since.  It is beyond rational thinking how any developer could experience this and not think, we gotta get a handle on this!  But nope, if it something that makes sense, then BI runs the other direction.

I'm not angry.... I'm extremely disappointed at the continual piss poor decisions made by the team making this game.  It was comical at one point, now it's just depressing. 1.10 ... whoopee, I guess.

The actual DayZ team don't seem to have a say on this matter. If you ever wonder why they won't ever answer straight questions on the subject or even just make a proper statement explaining the whys and hows of it, by all appearances BI simply won't allow it. All they can do is give these vague non-statements of "we're working on it" etc. I doubt they will ever tell us more until suddenly they drop this major physics rework patch that fixes it (and creates a ton of other bugs...)

The most informative thing I've heard in over a year was when Adam was on the DayZ podcast a while back, he said there are several physics issues in the engine that the Enfusion team are struggling with, and that regarding those issues the DayZ team can't do much but wait. He didn't say outright that it applied to vehicles, but it would make sense. Other things related to it is how thrown objects tend to fall through the ground and how the new physics for dropped heavy objects would crash servers left and right when implemented. I would assume that the way AI occasionally get thrown into the air by collisions is another one of these issues. Time will tell, but Enfusion is supposed to be BI's flagship engine bringing them into the future, so I doubt they will give up until those issues are fixed, and that the results trickle down to DayZ eventually.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

22 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I'm extremely disappointed at the continual piss poor decisions made by the team making this game. 

It kind of begs the question... "Is it gonna be like this for the next Enfusion Engine game?"  Server side vehicles seem like an important topic for the future.

Why implement a decision to fight cheaters, which ends up making performance terrible?  Optimize the code, let BattleEye fight the cheaters. /shrug

• Beans 3

I played the latest EXP build on Console yesterday, had a surprisingly really good experience with the new Truck. Drove it around Chernarus for about 2 hours, almost zero hiccups, (aside from FPS drops, but that's a given on console) and had absolutely zero problems getting up and down even the most vicious hills, which was amazing to see and super encouraging.  

The other huge change I noticed, and this might only be related to the Truck, but it seemed like the collision damage was turned off entirely. I tested it by ramming into whatever I could find and while normally even the slightest bump would turn the car into dust, this thing was a tank, and I hope this change extends into other cars when this goes to stable. 

Server I was on was about half full, but it was just so surprisingly smooth. I don't know if something changed or if I had just good luck, but it was very encouraging.   

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, thepoey said:

I played the latest EXP build on Console yesterday, had a surprisingly really good experience with the new Truck. Drove it around Chernarus for about 2 hours, almost zero hiccups, (aside from FPS drops, but that's a given on console) and had absolutely zero problems getting up and down even the most vicious hills, which was amazing to see and super encouraging.  

The other huge change I noticed, and this might only be related to the Truck, but it seemed like the collision damage was turned off entirely. I tested it by ramming into whatever I could find and while normally even the slightest bump would turn the car into dust, this thing was a tank, and I hope this change extends into other cars when this goes to stable. 

Server I was on was about half full, but it was just so surprisingly smooth. I don't know if something changed or if I had just good luck, but it was very encouraging.   

Lol, Exp is usually low pop cause most people left from the years of bugs. Just watch out when you hit those 60 player "Stable" servers. Then you're gonna have the best high of your life cruisin' in your truck-plane. Also trucks move very slow so they do have that safety advantage.

• Like 1

Cars won't work until the entire server side of the engine is re-written like the client side was or until they are moved client side. The poor server performance is the same reason zombies get stuck in walls and there is delay on almost every action on a loaded server.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joe Scrub said:

Cars won't work until the entire server side of the engine is re-written like the client side was or until they are moved client side. The poor server performance is the same reason zombies get stuck in walls and there is delay on almost every action on a loaded server.

That is another thing related to player actions. For many actions I have to double click rather than click once. Kind of strange this isn't fixed yet.

• Like 1

I think insulation clothing need balance. Police uniform is really bad to protect you against cold.

Police jacket has a "Bad insulation" like short t-shirt. Even short girl dress protect more that a police jacket with "Low insulation". Police pants have "Low insulation" and jeans are better with "Medium insulation".

Supposedly a uniform is thought for the temperature of the place especially in cold places, besides that it is good to help people use different clothes from the game.

I usually wear it and look like next version I wont be able to do it, it would be nice if it would get a better balance or people will focus on military clothing only.

Edited by X1S0ld13R1X
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, X1S0ld13R1X said:

I think insulation clothing need balance. Police uniform is really bad to protect you against cold.

Police jacket has a "Bad insulation" like short t-shirt. Even short girl dress protect more that a police jacket with "Low insulation". Police pants have "Low insulation" and jeans are better with "Medium insulation".

Supposedly a uniform is thought for the temperature of the place especially in cold places, besides that it is good to help people use different clothes from the game.

I usually wear it and look like next version I wont be able to do it, it would be nice if it would get a better balance or people will focus on military clothing only.

tbf this police clothing is pretty thin. im not surprised a jeans gives more heat insulation.

military clothing wont be the best clothing to be protected from cold. actually theres some civilian and hunting clothing that gives way better insulation.

in one of my first playthroughs on 1.10, a guy tried to ambush us while we chilled at a campfire. his sneezing and coughing caught him 😉 he was in full military gear (bdu pants/jacket). he brought us 4 really solid weapons and nighvision goggles. and a vehicle^^ (which he probably stopped to ambush us when he saw our campfire). that guy had a great lesson for 1.10 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Lol, Exp is usually low pop cause most people left from the years of bugs. Just watch out when you hit those 60 player "Stable" servers. Then you're gonna have the best high of your life cruisin' in your truck-plane. Also trucks move very slow so they do have that safety advantage.

Except it was almost full during that stream, as well as Adam mentioning it having poor HW... So while it's still an issue, no need to exaggerate...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, etwas said:

tbf this police clothing is pretty thin. im not surprised a jeans gives more heat insulation.

military clothing wont be the best clothing to be protected from cold. actually theres some civilian and hunting clothing that gives way better insulation.

in one of my first playthroughs on 1.10, a guy tried to ambush us while we chilled at a campfire. his sneezing and coughing caught him 😉 he was in full military gear (bdu pants/jacket). he brought us 4 really solid weapons and nighvision goggles. and a vehicle^^ (which he probably stopped to ambush us when he saw our campfire). that guy had a great lesson for 1.10 🙂

He tried to ambush you, with a cold?

WTF?

"I'll just sneak up on these guys now, they'll never know what hit em.....ahchooo!...

...oh bugger..."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gobbokirk said:

Except it was almost full during that stream, as well as Adam mentioning it having poor HW... So while it's still an issue, no need to exaggerate...

Point flew right over your head. I wasn't referring to the Sumrak stream, which was actually only Medium pop. I was referring to the dude who said he had no problem using cars on Exp when it was almost certainly low pop at the time he tested.

4 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Point flew right over your head. I wasn't referring to the Sumrak stream, which was actually only Medium pop. I was referring to the dude who said he had no problem using cars on Exp when it was almost certainly low pop at the time he tested.

So to conclude, you're just guessing 😛

• Like 1

8 hours ago, etwas said:

I think it's impossible a police jacket can have same insulation than a t-shirt with short sleeve, and a short dress be even better. I'm not a expert about this but if russian police use it, I guess it's adapted to the weather from there or it would be a really bad job 😛

I used it with stab vest (medium insulation),  hiking boots (best insulation) working gloves (medium insulation) and courier bag (low insulation I think it was) and blue baseball cap, I still was cold 😞

I like a lot this change in the game but I think it still need some balance, there are cool uniforms in game and it would be nice if people can use them (with good boots and gloves can be a good way) but well, the version it's still on experimental so we will have to wait it's early to speak but I just wanted to show this opinion.

By the way nice story haha, that guy did a big mistake 😄 

• Thanks 1

Had a really genius idea...Since Dead Matter is in development and they have vehicles that work already in pre-Early access, B.I. could take on board the Dead Matter devs to fix cars for them and in exchange the B.I. could give them promotion using their big name. Its a win - win which will bring us working cars. Dead Matter lead dev even said he uses some plugins so it will be a matter of drag and drop for him. Might even bring some Dead Matter fanboys over to DayZ. Ladies and gentlemen, the revolution is coming.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000

That won't work, Dead Matter uses Unreal Engine 4.  Bi uses, their own engine, which is still in development (aka DayZ).  For some reason they believe they will custom build an engine that will propel Arma 4 into the stratosphere, yet the only conclusive thing their engine propels into space are the ground based vehicles that should stay put... you know, on the ground.    And yet, looking over DayZ, there is NOTHING they are doing that Unreal Engine 4 doesn't already do 1000X better.  So DayZ has essentially become their Alpha test of their new engine. A released game is the Alpha test of their new engine.... the decisions made by this company are baffling.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, X1S0ld13R1X said:

Insulation certainly needs a balancing pass, with focus on how different layers combined protect you, e.g. wearing a wool coat and jeans should keep you more than comfortably warm.

Don't get your hopes up for the police jacket though. First of all it seems like the summer version and you're also forgetting that these aren't modern uniforms but east block 70's style. They were shit.

As already suggested you should be looking for hunting and hiking (which also needs adjustment) gear instead. 

On 11/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, Jamie Ratcliff said:

Cars work great on PS5

No they don't... It seems that cars are working better with the Exp builds on Xbox Series X (no more freeze Lags) but the other question is if they will still work fine on high/full pop servers (I doubt it).

Harry Potter cars, rubber banding and the general driving experience seems to be mostly related to poor server performance. So unless the devs are able to fix/optimize the server sided performance on high/full pop servers cars will always have serious (performance related) issues. The root of many problems in DayZ seems to be the weak server performance (Desync, hitreg, AI, player actions, cars/driving) and it should be the primary goal to fix this issue before adding new stuff into DayZ.

Imo it's far more important to optimize the server side of dayz and fix the base game before adding new vehicles or guns! Don't get me wrong, I like new/fresh content but right now I would prefer a better working base game and optimized server performance over "any" new content!

Fix/Optimize server performance >> implement proper physics + ragdoll >> polish the base game >> add new content

Edited by SillyJoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Had a really genius idea...Since Dead Matter is in development and they have vehicles that work already in pre-Early access, B.I. could take on board the Dead Matter devs to fix cars for them and in exchange the B.I. could give them promotion using their big name. Its a win - win which will bring us working cars. Dead Matter lead dev even said he uses some plugins so it will be a matter of drag and drop for him. Might even bring some Dead Matter fanboys over to DayZ. Ladies and gentlemen, the revolution is coming. 

Dead Matter - I suspect this is a bad symbolic name for a game that reminds me of someone. )
I watched a few videos. I didn't have the desire to try it.
I have always bought the whole Arm series, regularly wrote tickets on the feedback tracker. I have over 100 tickets for ArmA3 on my ticket list. But after the release of DLC Tanks for Arm3, I stopped tracking that thread, and did not buy anything else for this series. The main reason is the lack of work on acute problems. Half or more of my tickets for Arm3 have been resolved. It was a very long time for some tickets.
The same trend repeats with DayZ. My tickets are not many, but some of them have already been waiting for two years. Gentlemen, developers - do you have plans for the development of the game? I won't buy anything for DayZ until I see a roadmap for the game. My focus is on:
- Server performance
- Elimination of server desynchronization for 30 clients and more clients
Everyone expects the expansion of the content in the game, but this is pointless if the base is not stable. The game scenario is aimed at long-term character development, but this often breaks down due to errors related to the synchronization of clients with the server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1