ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

Wasted a load trying to penetrate a base too (makeshift one in a shed) and they didn't even cause a scratch.

What server was that on?... possibly this was enabled

disableBaseDamage = 0; // set to 1 to disable damage/destruction of fence and watchtower

13 minutes ago, Getsome said:

What server was that on?... possibly this was enabled

disableBaseDamage = 0; // set to 1 to disable damage/destruction of fence and watchtower

God knows what the actual server was called, but it was one of the official NL ones.

Why are zeds carrying human meat?
Killed one and he carried a water bottle and some human steak. Unlucky previous owner...

14 hours ago, kumando said:

"Infected on the coast of Chernarus have higher chances of dropping various items such as tools, clothes and food"

Why do you keep catering to the casuals? It was fine as it was.

Only way I can advocate this is simply just catering to non-HC servers. Which is completely fine IMO. Perfect for casuals to get up and used to general game mechanics and the sort.

Proper HC servers shouldn't have it this easy, though.

8 minutes ago, Masgel said:

Only way I can advocate this is simply just catering to non-HC servers. Which is completely fine IMO. Perfect for casuals to get up and used to general game mechanics and the sort.

Proper HC servers shouldn't have it this easy, though.

Like a certain other game I played for years, the nerf and buff hammers work like a pendulum - from one extreme to the other. The drop chances for food and tools from the "new" coastal infected are way too generous in this build. As newspawn you can easily farm all your survival essentials by punching a few zeds to death. Which is not even challenging, since there are so few infected that you can't aggro too many unless you ring the dinner bell in Elektro square. And barely even then.

Edited by Derleth

28 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Like a certain other game I played for years, the nerf and buff hammers work like a pendulum - from one extreme to the other. The drop chances for food and tools from the "new" coastal infected are way too generous in this build. As newspawn you can easily farm all your survival essentials by punching a few zeds to death. Which is not even challenging, since there are so few infected that you can't aggro too many unless you ring the dinner bell in Elektro square. And barely even then.

Thats why i keep coming and not staying in this game, everytime a new hardcore patch is introduced it doesnt last long, casuals start to cry that it is to hard to survive and the devs rush to cater them, its been this way since the dayz mod.

Edited by kumando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why are people so obsessed with dying on the coast? Just because you don't die of thirst and hunger, dressed in rags 20 times before you luck out and find some supplies, that does not mean the game is not hardcore enough. If anything, that approach is indicative of bad game design. 

It's much more fun when you can make it off the coast in relative comfort, meaning that you still have pretty much starting level gear, no guns to speak of, or no ammo and you wander around. 

It was so dull when you knew that everyone north of Msta is military geared, well dressed and food for weeks in the backpack.

These last updates were sorely needed and I have characters which are far out in the country but still in need of food, better clothing and I need to regularly find shelter from the elements. That is survival not, dying on the coast because it is empty.

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Why are people so obsessed with dying on the coast? Just because you don't die of thirst and hunger, dressed in rags 20 times before you luck out and find some supplies, that does not mean the game is not hardcore enough. If anything, that approach is indicative of bad game design. 

It's much more fun when you can make it off the coast in relative comfort, meaning that you still have pretty much starting level gear, no guns to speak of, or no ammo and you wander around. 

It was so dull when you knew that everyone north of Msta is military geared, well dressed and food for weeks in the backpack.

These last updates were sorely needed and I have characters which are far out in the country but still in need of food, better clothing and I need to regularly find shelter from the elements. That is survival not, dying on the coast because it is empty.

That is kind of what I'm after, there's a difference between starving to death in rags without ever seeing so much as a hoodie, and pummeling a few zombies to death and be ready to go inland. The balance should be somewhere in between, I really don't agree you should you be able to get away from newspawn areas in "relative comfort". The struggle should begin on the beach (but not be impossible) but then you should need to continue struggling. That is what makes the balancing so hard.

Anyway giving coastal zeds a little more loot in their pockets might work well, we will see, but this first iteration overdid it more than a little. I did one test life on official and had a melee weapon, backpack and food (and some guts) after killing the few zeds shambling around near Solnichniy. Didn't even enter the houses.

Edited by Derleth

I had 3 zombies killed with 3 cans of food(one for each one) i dont think it should be this way.

35 minutes ago, Derleth said:

The struggle should begin on the beach (but not be impossible) but then you should need to continue struggling. That is what makes the balancing so hard.

I agree, that is the "relative" comfort 🙂 you can get off the coast. But that does not guarantee you anything. You still may die on the road to the next town, you may get cold, you make one mistake and infected get you … all of that.  

I admit I have not played the latest patch yet, I'll get to that during the weekend, but to me the current system is on the good track in the sense that even having a knife, backpack and two cans of food when leaving the coast just is not a guarantee of anything. Even before this update, I was able to get that and leave the coast. But hours later I was still wearing the same backpack, more or less the same clothes, praying for a replacement hatchet or any other hacking tool and generally being miserable from cold. That to me was more important than if I got my backpack from a house or from one of the infected. 

Something else I thought of: Even if we still get the element of getting survival gear quick and easy, I'm starting to see a slow growth towards the difficulty of having to keep this gear. Broken legs, salmonella, cholera, general playerbase morale, stuff like that. I can only hope we're gonna see more of these hurdles being added to the game, like broken hands, impaired vision, different combat mechanics, and more. Without making the game too much of a chore to play and enjoy.
If you're finding this game to be too difficult for you, you should've known from the start what sort of game you're playing.

Edit: I should also mention that HC and non-HC aren't different enough.

Edited by Masgel

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Personally I think the drop % is way too high on these by the way, a freshie can reliably farm infected for all his basic gear on the coast. You probably need to lower the percentages a bit.

<cargo chance="0.25" name="food_T1">        
                <item name="HumanSteakMeat" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="Guts" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="Potato" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="Zucchini" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="Tomato" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="GreenBellPepper" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="PowderedMilk" chance="0.1" />
                <item name="TunaCan" chance="0.3" />
        </cargo>

It partly depends on the nutritional value I suppose. the numbers are roughly twice as high as the previous release.

<cargo chance="0.16" name="foodVillage">
                <item name="SodaCan_Cola" chance="0.05" />
                <item name="SodaCan_Pipsi" chance="0.05" />
                <item name="SodaCan_Spite" chance="0.05" />
                <item name="TunaCan" chance="0.08" />
                <item name="SardinesCan" chance="0.12" />
                <item name="PeachesCan" chance="0.10" />
                <item name="SpaghettiCan" chance="0.10" />
                <item name="BakedBeansCan" chance="0.10" />
        </cargo>

I certainly like the concept. There were also a few items pushed down to the lower tiers. 

Between the lifetime changes, "zed tiers" and item locations it feels like its all coming together to have the loot economy push you around the map. I'm sure it will need more fine tuning. TBH, just release a new set of mission files later would be a great option.

The food chances are quite good Tbh. 
foodHermit = 15% chance
foodVillage = 25% chance
foodArmy = 10% chance.

Most clothes seem to have around 10% chance to have loot. ~36% is Sodas and ~48% is food. 

So stop running around in huge spawn cites where the loot is higher and you should struggle more. Finding food is a lot harder at Tisy/NWAF, so unless you're full and got a few cans of food with you, it gets hard, even in unlooted towns up north there isn't a lot of food besides a few chickens here and there.
Since food goes bad now you have to cook asap.  I'm still struggling with a lifetime of 9 hrs ~26km spent running, killed over 150 Zombies to stay alive. (Why doesn't the Starts Track yet!?) 
I don't have enough food to go to Tisy even. 

Still no word on despawn times on player dropped gear? 
Is it the same lifetimes as regular loot? (Types.xml) Then you can check how long you can leave gear without it despawning, Police clothes seem to last 1hr, a few jackets are 45 mins. Most are 2hrs... Etc. 
But then my Mosin would have despawned after 5hrs, since it got a lifetime of 7200s, so that doens't make sense. 

Edited by dallebull

Omg DAYZ is still bugging with CARS! Played just right now on Experimental server IP 78.129.165.73:2502 DAYZ EU-UK 0-3

Me and my friendz found all spare parts for OLGA. We repaired car, i get in driver, and IT FLY! I lost a car, my life and all my loot like DEAGLE, AK-47 and SHOTGUN. My friends made a screenshot. Get me my car and my loot back!

Game always says "found a bug? report it!". Thats im reporting about it now! Cant attach screenshot here so give u a link on image that made my frinds at last secondz of my life: https://yadi.sk/i/KnZbUzqQAtjwSQ

11 minutes ago, Filavandrel said:

Omg DAYZ is still bugging with CARS! Played just right now on Experimental server IP 78.129.165.73:2502 DAYZ EU-UK 0-3

Me and my friendz found all spare parts for OLGA. We repaired car, i get in driver, and IT FLY! I lost a car, my life and all my loot like DEAGLE, AK-47 and SHOTGUN. My friends made a screenshot. Get me my car and my loot back!

Game always says "found a bug? report it!". Thats im reporting about it now! Cant attach screenshot here so give u a link on image that made my frinds at last secondz of my life: https://yadi.sk/i/KnZbUzqQAtjwSQ

Cars and server performance are a problem but you can't ever expect the Experimental Branch to be stable. It's called "Experimental" for a reason.  

• Like 1

Leg breaking by falling from lower heights is less random

could this be related what shoes are you wearing?like wearing wellies and fall could break your legs easier than some good running shoes?
for hell...running in dark woods with wellies should have like 5% change to break your legs

11 hours ago, Masgel said:

Why are zeds carrying human meat?

They're zombies?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

CHANGED

Lifetimes of items were lowered across the board (2 days have become 8 hours, 1 day has become 4 hours).

So, what items stay on the ground for 8 hours and what ones stay for just 4? I thought all dropped items had the same "lifetime on the ground"?

9 hours ago, Filavandrel said:

it's an AKM ( as meme in game it's called KA-M ) Not AK-47 there is no AK-47 in the game there is an AK-74 tho ( called KA-74 ) xD

Server performance needs fixing since it makes cars fly.

And I died to an aimbotter/wallhacker on Experimental Livonia 1PP server a couple days ago once again...so better security needed. I currently consider Official servers unplayable because of hackers at this time. Took less than 5 hours on Official servers for this to happen.

As bonus feature we need infected that can break open doors with a barricading system as counter.

Otherwise the update is looking good.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000

2 hours ago, Infinite_1st said:

i ate dried apple and got sick, its something new?

Are you sure you didn't mistake it for a rotten apple? Or did you eat it with dirty hands? Or did something else way before that?
Because simply saying "eat apple, get sick" doesn't offer a lot of context.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

Please please add uncovered M3S so we can see the crates and barrels in the back, that would be awesome.

that would be amazing and the ability that players can sit in the back of the truck