ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

UPDATE 1.10.153561 (released on 12.11.2020)

FIXED

• It was difficult to start the engine of the M3S while exclusively in 3rd person mode
  • The double wheel attachment slot of the M3S did not use the correct icon
  • M3S side plate animations were not synced
  • M3S lights were not visibly glowing
  • Gunter 2 lights were not visibly glowing
  • It was not possible to attach/detach headlights on Sarka 120 and Gunter 2 from the vicinity
  • It was possible to wash bloody hands even while wearing gloves
  • Focus could be lost after respawning (forcing a complete restart of the game)
  • Fixed an issue with firewood disappearing when put into the indoor oven or fireplace (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154722)
  • Fixed an issue where the player could use ruined attachments in base building objects to build parts
  • Melee attacks to legs could sometimes deal damage to the head instead
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to duplicate rags using the quickbar
  • Fixed an issue with stamina sometimes draining completely when holding breath while aiming down sight (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152114)
  • Some repairing actions took too much quantity from a repairing tool
  • You are now unable to pick up heavy items while having a splinted leg
  • Re-spawning while unconscious could sometimes stuck the shock hit effect, resulting in a transparent grey overlay
  • The inventory could not be opened while forcing vomitting through the gesture wheel (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153430)
  • Fireplaces could not be extinguished

CHANGED

• It is now possible attach and detach materials from the M3S to the world
  • The M3S now has ropes holding the back tarp
  • Increased the durability of the lockpick
  • Increased the durability of the whetstone
  • Sharpening knives costs less durability than sharpening axes

SERVER

• Fixed: Setting enableDebugMonitor on the server blocked inventory interactions on clients (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148945, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148939)
  • Like 4
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

New EXP update incoming BTW, so no stable that soon. I'm all happy for them to tune it until Christmas and then have proper break, without bug fixing the stable branch. 

I would have thought that timing was right a while ago, but Namalsk was announced for Dec 3rd and its depends on 1.10. Since releases come out in the beginning of the week and we'll inevitably need a hotfix or 2 after 1.10, we're really down to next week (16th) or the week after (23rd), IMO.

It would have been nice for them to put as much detail into fixing vehicles and Network optimization as they have done in bringing the M3S into the game.  Shame it will be yet another rocket launcher that will ultimately not be used by the majority of players in 2 to 3 months time.  Oh well, Namalsk in less than a month.  Maybe vehicles will not be a necessity on that smaller map.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

It would have been nice for them to put as much detail into fixing vehicles and Network optimization as they have done in bringing the M3S into the game.  Shame it will be yet another rocket launcher that will ultimately not be used by the majority of players in 2 to 3 months time.  Oh well, Namalsk in less than a month.  Maybe vehicles will not be a necessity on that smaller map.

chill man, dont have be snarky

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Apocalex said:

chill man, dont have be snarky

Agreed... And personally i think the truck has come back conveniently time wise as it will be very useful to stock up and then drive out on to the new ice in that other wonderful place where the children sang to build a base... if you can idk...Just my 2 cents...

Never once died from a bouncing car...been in plenty you just turn it off and if it's off you switch seats if you go under the map you relog you will be where you are... 

Not dead...

I have plenty to say about the bouncing cars and it's varied server hardware & ISP's and bad routing from my testing on said issue Not BI/DayZ fault and it gets really old hearing the same old bitch and moan tbh... These guys work hard to give us a game the majority of us love amd have loved since the mod days. I used to to reinstall it yearly around my bday since 2013 to see how we were lookin... I came back this year bang on 1.07 and seems like it's come a hell of a long way to me since then with covid and all, I tip my hat to the dev team tbh the game is going in a brilliant direction for what seems the first time in a long time...

Got a couple hrs...1600+ thanks to Covid and a couple lil servers so idk just a noob offering food for thought...

Keep it positive, it works better!

End rant..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 3

22 minutes ago, justanotherhuman said:

Agreed... And personally i think the truck has come back conveniently time wise as it will be very useful to stock up and then drive out on to the new ice in that other wonderful place where the children sang to build a base... if you can idk...Just my 2 cents...

Never once died from a bouncing car...been in plenty you just turn it off and if it's off you switch seats if you go under the map you relog you will be where you are... 

Not dead...

I have plenty to say about the bouncing cars and it's varied server hardware & ISP's and bad routing from my testing on said issue Not BI/DayZ fault and it gets really old hearing the same old bitch and moan tbh... These guys work hard to give us a game the majority of us love amd have loved since the mod days. I used to to reinstall it yearly around my bday since 2013 to see how we were lookin... I came back this year bang on 1.07 and seems like it's come a hell of a long way to me since then with covid and all, I tip my hat to the dev team tbh the game is going in a brilliant direction for what seems the first time in a long time...

Got a couple hrs...1600+ thanks to Covid and a couple lil servers so idk just a noob offering food for thought...

Keep it positive, it works better!

End rant..

You guys haven't been paying attention.  Bouncing cars IS BI'S FAULT.  They never bounced when they were client side... NEVER!  They were worried about hackers primarily and moved them server side, and it was and is a huge disaster.  Am I gonna stop complaining about it?  HELL NO.  The decision to make them server side was not thought out, I am completely convinced of this.  One of the worst decisions for the game, and they refuse to own up to it and fix it.  They need to fix this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

This stuff gets fixed in it's own time. This constant whine isn't certainly accelerating the process and neither can we as normal players measure it. Positively thinking, I'm sure fixes will get applied, just not this second.
Then again, Bohemia IS looking for extra help with their projects, including DayZ, so if there's anyone who has enough drive, they can start becoming the extra helping hand in development...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Masgel said:

This stuff gets fixed in it's own time. This constant whine isn't certainly accelerating the process and neither can we as normal players measure it. Positively thinking, I'm sure fixes will get applied, just not this second.
Then again, Bohemia IS looking for extra help with their projects, including DayZ, so if there's anyone who has enough drive, they can start becoming the extra helping hand in development...

Vehicle performance has been a problem for YEARS. I don't think it's for lack of trying, but that it's still such a huge issue the total lack of progress on that front gives the impression that it is not something that can or will be tackled without considerable effort or resources which might not be possible.

I don't think the Dev Team "doesn't care", but it's just hard to be positive about something that has been fundamentally broken with this experience since vehicles were first introduced into the Stand Alone.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I would have thought that timing was right a while ago, but Namalsk was announced for Dec 3rd and its depends on 1.10. Since releases come out in the beginning of the week and we'll inevitably need a hotfix or 2 after 1.10, we're really down to next week (16th) or the week after (23rd), IMO.

You know, working till Christmas does not mean working till Dec 23., people want to have some time off. Also I somewhat forgot that November is almost half way through 😄 Since Namalsk releases early Dec then we just might get the stable release then as well. 

14 minutes ago, thepoey said:

Vehicle performance has been a problem for YEARS. I don't think it's for lack of trying, but that it's still such a huge issue the total lack of progress on that front gives the impression that it is not something that can or will be tackled without considerable effort or resources which might not be possible.

I don't think the Dev Team "doesn't care", but it's just hard to be positive about something that has been fundamentally broken with this experience since vehicles were first introduced into the Stand Alone.   

I'd be 100% disappointed if the vehicles had problems at any given second, literally. I've had (apply emphasis here) ups and downs with cars in this game, and that's what gives me hope. Even more hope than what I had during alpha.

55 minutes ago, Masgel said:

I'd be 100% disappointed if the vehicles had problems at any given second, literally. I've had (apply emphasis here) ups and downs with cars in this game, and that's what gives me hope. Even more hope than what I had during alpha.

For me, the high cost of death in this game, coupled with the time investment it takes to find a car and get one running, makes vehicles too risky a proposition for what is supposed to be a game out of Alpha. I've had good experiences with cars, but just as many bad ones, and if people are complaining, it's because it's a fundamental end-game feature of the game that not only doesn't work reliably, it could potentially completely impede your progress.  

My only hope is that 2021 yields huge performance strides towards vehicles, alongside new content. 

Edited by thepoey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Strange i had not encountered a bug driving vehicles

2 hours ago, thepoey said:

For me, the high cost of death in this game, coupled with the time investment it takes to find a car and get one running, makes vehicles too risky a proposition for what is supposed to be a game out of Alpha. I've had good experiences with cars, but just as many bad ones, and if people are complaining, it's because it's a fundamental end-game feature of the game that not only doesn't work reliably, it could potentially completely impede your progress.  

My only hope is that 2021 yields huge performance strides towards vehicles, alongside new content. 

And unless the developers are willing to say they will work on vehicles until they are more reliable/stable/driveable without launching into space, then you are dreaming.  They need to have concrete plans, not lip service like we have been given time and time again.  Vehicles worked OK, prior to making them server-sided.  I pulled many, MANY takedowns on people driving V3S's around.  Hell, you used to could launch the V3s up and over one corner of the wall at Zeleno Military.  The vehicles were actually fun and usable, realistic no, but they did indeed take you from place to place without fear of dying unless you hit something too hard, and it took a good bit of force to kill you.  They weren't perfect, but they were 100 times better than what we have right now.  That's how bad the vehicle implementation has been for the last couple of years.  They know what the issue is, and THEY haven't done anything about it that they are at least willing to discuss openly.  Vehicles are part of end game, and like I have stated before, they don't work reliably enough to play endgame, so the game is broken until they are fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

You guys haven't been paying attention.  Bouncing cars IS BI'S FAULT.  They never bounced when they were client side... NEVER!  They were worried about hackers primarily and moved them server side, and it was and is a huge disaster.  Am I gonna stop complaining about it?  HELL NO.  The decision to make them server side was not thought out, I am completely convinced of this.  One of the worst decisions for the game, and they refuse to own up to it and fix it.  They need to fix this. 

I won't disagree, but you have to remember that the team working on DayZ is not the team that implemented the server-side vehicles. On top of that its a much smaller team. They've already said if it was easy, they'd fix it.  So is it a 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, 6 month project? How much of the 2020 roadmap would we have traded?  IMO, its a tough call. I could care less about any new gun or item. I'm far more interested in the survival, building and environmental changes.   Yes, the server code needs to be fixed, but it truly is far worse on underpowered and overloaded servers (what many GSP offer).

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
typo
  • Beans 2

10 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I won't disagree, but you have to remember that the team working on DayZ is not the team that implemented the server-side vehicles. On top of that its a much smaller team. They've already said if it was easy, they'd fix it.  So is it a 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, 6 month project? How much of the 2020 roadmap would we have traded?  IMO, its a tough call. I could care less about any new gun or item. I'm far more interested in the survival, building and environmental changes.   Yes, the server code needs to be fixed, but it truly is far worse on underpowered and overloaded servers (what many GSP offer). 

I know this old song. The authors began to sing it in 2013.)) They always start singing it when they need to do a job. It's not my job to check how the server and client are working and what the problems are. This is verified at the development stage. We created a server, invited 30 people, distributed cars to everyone and started a test drive. There is a problem, we are working on a problem, and no one leaves anywhere.
Let's stop singing these remixes together.
There is a problem, it needs to be solved. Which team will do it, the first or the second, or someone else - this is their concern.
The server does not pull the car script part in this game.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Your so angry, whats constantly ranting on here going to do, you just gotta go with it and be patient - hell, play another game for a few months if you want n then come back to dayz and see if it meets your standards yet.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Well, the updates for experimental are every Tue & Thu, so it would be either the 17th / 19th next week or the 24th / 26th the week after, which coincidently would leave a week between 1.10 stable and Namalsk release (Thu. 3rd Dec). Either way this is the last update of the year so the more fixes and changes we can get, the better.

Edited by The Apocalex

28 minutes ago, The Apocalex said:

Your so angry, whats constantly ranting on here going to do, you just gotta go with it and be patient - hell, play another game for a few months if you want n then come back to dayz and see if it meets your standards yet.

Be patient? Lol. Cars have been flying for years and server performance has been poor for years as well. Fanboys defending the devs no matter what is the reason B.I. has no financial incentive to make major features actually work. Honestly, if I was someone who bought the game post "1.0" release and being led on to believe cars would work via the trailers, I would want a refund. Imagine paying full price and your experience on Official servers is laggy A.I., random bugs, other players stuttering around and then dying to a flying car you spent hours building, assuming they aren't randomly headshot by a hacker first. This is not the quality standard any self-respecting customer should expect for a product they paid for. And the fact that B.I. is basically completely silent about the state of server performance and vehicles for all these years, shows you that they just want to pretend it isn't there to increase their profits. Players are being lied to by omission about the gaming experience they will have when purchasing.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Thanks 4

From driving some cars on Experimental over the last couple of weeks I'd say bouncing and Harry Potter isn't the most serious issue - didn't happen once and I've been on both officials and my own server - but how ridiculously brittle they are. Twice I have bumped into roadsigns doing no more than 20 kmph and more or less totaled the car. Both front wheels, radiator, hood and front doors ruined. From one impact doing 15-20 kmph. Considering the time investment to get vehicles working that is just ridiculous, either something is up with damage calculation or they need to up the endurance of the cars.

Especially with the stability issues and the way the slightest lag spike can send you off the road. Cars really need to be able to take more punishment.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Derleth said:

From driving some cars on Experimental over the last couple of weeks I'd say bouncing and Harry Potter isn't the most serious issue - didn't happen once and I've been on both officials and my own server - but how ridiculously brittle they are. Twice I have bumped into roadsigns doing no more than 20 kmph and more or less totaled the car. Both front wheels, radiator, hood and front doors ruined. From one impact doing 15-20 kmph. Considering the time investment to get vehicles working that is just ridiculous, either something is up with damage calculation or they need to up the endurance of the cars.

Especially with the stability issues and the way the slightest lag spike can send you off the road. Cars really need to be able to take more punishment.

I mean, watching  Sumrak's stream when he went "trucking", it only took a few hours for Sumrak and company to go flying in an Olga, ruin their car, and go unconscious. And this is on Experimental servers that are typically low pop. Once you get on 60 player Official servers in Stable, the risk for flying cars increases dramatically. So the player's choice is then, take a stupid risk of losing all you've worked for, or just not use cars, or stick to low pop servers only to use cars (which is boring).

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

I mean, watching  Sumrak's stream when he went "trucking", it only took a few hours for Sumrak and company to go flying in an Olga, ruin their car, and go unconscious. And this is on Experimental servers that are typically low pop. Once you get on 60 player Official servers in Stable, the risk for flying cars increases dramatically. So the player's choice is then, take a stupid risk of losing all you've worked for, or just not use cars, or stick to low pop servers only to use cars (which is boring).

Kind of what I'm getting at - until the day the performance can be stabilised it would be a good idea to make cars less brittle. When the slightest hickup in the network can send you into the woods cars need a wee bit of padding so they can survive it. On my own server I'm using a mod that simply negates collision damage if the vehicle is moving less than 50 kmph. If you're having lag problems you can stay below 50 kmph and the car will be fine, but you won't get the silly invincible cars meta you get on servers with pure no vehicle damage mods.

• Beans 2

i have to agree, the cars are bohemia problem.

is it a game changer? maybe.

will it stop me eating goats and humans? probably not. 

i`m assuming at some point it will get sorted. i`m not really bothered about cars. just seems like something else to go wrong. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cookoff013 said:

i have to agree, the cars are bohemia problem.

is it a game changer? maybe.

will it stop me eating goats and humans? probably not. 

i`m assuming at some point it will get sorted. i`m not really bothered about cars. just seems like something else to go wrong. 

Cars are important because of Chernarus is huge. Once you're surviving comfortably, and want to build a base and maintain it, etc, not having reliable cars makes transport of materials tedious.

• Thanks 1