ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

24 minutes ago, lynn.zaw said:

UPDATE 1.10.153556 (released on 10.11.2020)

FIXED

• M3S wheels were not changed properly into their ruined variants when destroyed

Take a look at the Sarka too, I drove around a long time with ruined front wheels that looked pristine and worked like they were too...

(not to mention that those wheels went from pristine to ruined from nudging a roadsign doing 15-20 kmph. Either the Sarka is extremely brittle or something's up with collision damage)

Edited by Derleth

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I can take losing a toon to bears, wolves, other players, my own stupidity...even cheaters. But to lose one to shitty code in a game that's been in development for nearly a decade is nearly enough to make me quit altogether.

Never get too attached to your gear. Learned that as well.
During 0.63 times, once attempted to walk over to a dresser to grab a quilted jacket, tripped over a broken chair and the character fell underground and died instantly.

Edited by Masgel

Fix vehicles on servers !!!
The current state is unacceptable. If you don't have enough money, release additional content with a DLC and use the income to fix the netcode.

Edited by Nicklander
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, amadieus said:

Isn't the network side of DayZ purely Enfusion as well? If so, and I think it does, then there should not be much difference. Some are even speculating that work done on Enfusion for Arma4 will benefit Dayz as well. Interesting to see what the future brings us.

I'll believe it when I see it.

2 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

What I want is that devs are more responsive to users questions and to provide answers.

If you pay attention there are many time when you can get a question answered. The feedback tracker, this forum, twitter, streams and podcasts.

Why don't you ask a question instead of complaining that you can't get an answer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nicklander said:

Fix vehicles on servers !!!
The current state is unacceptable. If you don't have enough money, release additional content with a DLC and use the income to fix the netcode.
 Other than that, the last solution is to abandon DayZ once and for all and focus on a new game "DayZ 2" but this time without screwing it up.

The current team has said that if it was easy they would do it already.

While the implementation is not great, it is highly dependent on the server - fast servers, not overloaded with mods and players will do far better than oversubscribed VMs. Unfortunately, that's what a lot Of GSP will hand out. Just saying.

• Like 1

Just for the record.
I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what or who to blame for car defects, but I've seen one thing many times.
I have my personal server (the one downloadable from Steam) started to better understand the game and now I enjoy it a lot anyway without struggling with various marauders and assassins: just pure survival as if I were the last survivor.
Well, obviously I have a decent base (built by passing the scripts from "DayZ Community Offline Mode" masonry with H2O and gasoline) and adapting the server files to what I believe is "more realism" (what the game allows me, of course).
I haven't tried any MODs yet, but I already have some pending.
Obviously I have been using the cars since the first time I found one (a Skoda). Now I have 2 Skoda, 2 Niva, 1 Golf and 1 Olga.
Having made this long introduction (necessary to frame my experience a little. The hours of play you can get from my profile, but ± 40% on official servers & ± 60% on my private server)
I use the cars exclusively on my private server, on the public ones I consider it too high a risk to simply become a target for the a**hole on duty ... and I don't want to work for others and die too easily.
And I get to the point (finally :-D)
The private server is maintained by the same PC I play with, so PING is very low (it should be nearly zero, but I don't think it is). The machine is an FX8300 @ 8x4200MHz, 20GB 1600 cl11, a GTX1060 6GB and S.O., drivers, programs and game are on one SSD; nothing exceptional, I defend myself with FPS oscillating between 30/40 & 75 (of the monitor).
With DayZ & DayZ Server (plus some PC management software, temperatures and fans) no core is ever used over 80/85% and the RAM is never occupied over about 70/80%
Here, with this PC, with no other player ... ONLY ME in the game ... the cars are always thrilling.
Generally they work (with their classic flaws, they don't go uphill, wheels often slip, gears too long, engine too weak, speed indication unrealistic, etc ...) but the worst is stoppages and wince in certain situations, especially when from a "deserted" area (uninhabited coastal road), you enter a city ... always a few blocks of variable time.
When I return to the base, with various tents, I always have to brake and stop first or risk a disaster ... and, then, advance very very slowly, especially between the tents (now I also have a gate and stop anyway).
Sometimes I have seen cars shake when stationary ...
2 times the GOLF has literally disappeared, physically still present, because if I approached I found a "physical block", even if I did not see anything and I could not even see the inventory. Only when the server was restarted did the GOLF reappear as I had parked it (luckily).
A couple of times the car stopped completely for a few seconds and then I found myself: 1st time on a wall (2 wheels and radiator broken), 2nd time on a pole (always 2 wheels and the radiator broken plus damaged battery).
For these last defects, however, there were "signs": even the infected were blocked. The first time not always, the second practically every time. As soon as they saw me, the usual "scene" began, but when they had to shoot towards me they were stuck in the "pissed" position. I could easily reach them and beat them up. Very rarely they unlocked and reacted. Then I rebooted and things settled down.
But the "micro blocks" remain a bit random everywhere. More accentuated where there are more things around.
In fact, given also the poor and unreal performances of the cars, I never use the 4th or 5th ... already very rarely the 3rd. I never go beyond 70/80 Km / H, I am always afraid of the lightning disaster, and only after I have verified, with a stretch of road, that the server has no particular defects or problems of blocks or other.
I have never seen a car fly, maybe this is really a problem due to the net-code or the ping of the players, but I can assure you that it is NOT ONLY for the net-code or the ping of the players that the vehicles are bad... even alone in a server on the same PC these cars are literally "thrilling" ... you never know if you will arrive with the healthy car or you will have to leave it broken somewhere and return on foot considering that it went well for you, seen that you are not dead.
I think it is the game that has something wrong with it, and that maybe the net-code or the ping of the players makes it work much worse ... but it's NOT JUST that, it already works very badly anyway.
I'm sorry to have made it long, but I wanted to write it for a while and I took the opportunity... and it was also necessary to explain the conditions in which I had my experiences that I have told.

P.S.
I hope you will be able to understand what I meant despite the Google translations

Edited by Riddick_2K
corrections
  • Beans 1

On 11/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

The current team has said that if it was easy they would do it already.

While the implementation is not great, it is highly dependent on the server - fast servers, not overloaded with mods and players will do far better than oversubscribed VMs. Unfortunately, that's what a lot Of GSP will hand out. Just saying.

I want to thank the DayZ Dev Team for the 1.10 update. They added important stuff. But the priority HAS to be fixing the most basic stuff right now. Fix the server performance, netcode, whatever is causing the problems. By that I don't mean finding a cheap workaround just to make cars work but generally make it modern, fast and smart.

Edited by Nicklander

Im actually getting sick of people endlessly complaining about the cars, the devs are more than aware and all your doing by keeping that meme alive, is sewing toxicity and annoying people. But seriously in 900 hours of DayZ ive maybe had the flying car happen to me less than 5 times and the rest of the time its smooth driving - its really not a big issue. When it does happen sure, but it doesnt often. 1.10 has added the pipe wrench and less engine damage so guess youll just have to live with it for now.

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, The Apocalex said:

Im actually getting sick of people endlessly complaining about the cars, the devs are more than aware and all your doing by keeping that meme alive, is sewing toxicity and annoying people. But seriously in 900 hours of DayZ ive maybe had the flying car happen to me less than 5 times and the rest of the time its smooth driving - its really not a big issue. When it does happen sure, but it doesnt often. 1.10 has added the pipe wrench and less engine damage so guess youll just have to live with it for now.

"It's really not a big issue." - It definitely is! flying cars are more than a common thing, not only flying tho, cars are getting pushed into the ground so often

And it doesn't matter if "1.10 has added the pipe wrench and less engine damage" if your speedometer just maxes out randomly and the engine goes red out of nowhere

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PoweredByte said:

"It's really not a big issue." - It definitely is! flying cars are more than a common thing, not only flying tho, cars are getting pushed into the ground so often

And it doesn't matter if "1.10 has added the pipe wrench and less engine damage" if your speedometer just maxes out randomly and the engine goes red out of nowhere

It doesnt happen often at all and if it does its choices your making in terms of server that you play on and choosing to get into a car on a high pop server in the first place -Like i said in 900 hours its happened 5 times

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Apocalex said:

It doesnt happen often at all and if it does its choices your making in terms of server that you play on and choosing to get into a car on a high pop server in the first place

why adding cars then? who wants to play on empty servers just to drive around- makes no sense to me.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PoweredByte said:

why adding cars then? who wants to play on empty servers just to drive around- makes no sense to me.

Now your oversimplifying it and being silly, cars do work 99% of the time 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PoweredByte said:

So you would rather not have cars at all than cars that can bug out but rarely do - makes no sense to me.

3 hours ago, Nicklander said:

That's not an excuse. When they started developping the game they knew that it's gonna be difficult. It's like when you start a new singleplayer game and set the difficulty to "very hard" and then 10 minutes later complain about it being too hard. Guess what, that was their choice from the start. Same applies to the DayZ Dev Team. They wanted to make one of the most complex games to day. If they can remake the entire engine, they can also rewrite the entire netcode. Reality is that they simply lack the money to do so. I love DayZ, but this game will die quickly now if they don't take the right decision ! ....and that decision is putting 100% of their ressources on fixing the most urgent issues such as netcode and not wasting time with the stuff they do rn. They really have to change their plans for 2021... There's still hope, but if they don't communicate that, it simply means they already gave up on the game and let it bleed out, grabbing as much cash as possible and then moving on with Arma 4 or whatever.

Edit: Nonetheless I want to thank the DayZ Dev Team for the 1.10 update. They added important stuff. But the priority HAS to be fixing the most basic stuff right now. Fix the server performance, netcode, whatever is causing the problems. By that I don't mean finding a cheap workaround just to make cars work but generally make it modern, fast and smart. Also the sadest part of it all: They promote DayZ as a modding friendly game, but the current state of the servers simply doesn't allow proper modding. C'mon DayZ Team, I know you can do better.

Well, first thing I'd say is that the current team != the team that changed the entire engine. You may not like that because they both worked for BI, but questionable decisions were made and here we are. Given that, the current team has a list of priorities and between the dev team + BI they decided that all the other things we got in 2019 and 2020 were more valuable. If you go back to the 2020 "roadmap", they really delivered everything that was mentioned and more.

The game will not die quickly and in fact it has almost more players now on PC that ever before. I'm hearing the new XBOX actually runs it properly, so let's assume the PS5 will as well. There's another new market to maybe generate some funds to keep it going well past 2021.

I'm not a hard core modder, but I've seen every type of mod possible - how does  DayZ not allow proper modding?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrzZzZt said:

It´s not really complaining, its pointing out and making suggestions aka giving contstructive feedback.

Also the tone of your comments suggests that you´re really p****d off by the constant nuisance that ist flying cars. As most other commenters pointed out already this is a combination of issues, which probably aren´t fixable within the scope of one game update. But the comments regarding the visualisations certainly are. Connected to the issue is the handling of cargo (barrel in hand on drivers seats anyone?) and the future handling of handguns (shooting out of windows was already announced, so it´s probably coming at some point) and possibly handling cargo within the car (going to your inventory).  At this point in the developement, I think that the devs rather aim for fully resolving an issue or coding content, than for simple cosmetics, so the chance for just having them remove the sticking out guns isn´t plausible as they would have to devote someone with that rather minor task. If you see what they did with the truck, and the attachement slots of it, you also see progress. I don´t know about you but for me, as long as the game is moving forward, I am happy with what happens and speculate that they just couldn´t amass the devtime to fix the bigger issues, like proper netcode and server side implementation of vehicles. Yes it sucks, but I doubt that they haven´t noticed it by now. So I trust that they are gonna do something about it in the future and when the wonky car starts to happen while driving, I break and shut off the engine. Works most of the time.

I see your new around here.  I'm not pissed.  I've been playing this game since 2014, I have over 8000 hours in it.  I run a community with a DayZ server.  We've been playing a long damn time.  Some of us even played the Arma 2 mod, When verhicles were client side, they worked pretty damn good.  Yeah, there were issues, but NOT LIKE THIS.  This is BROKE AF.  Our server is an i9 9900K with 64 GB memory on a 1 GB connection at a Kansas City Data Center.  Everyone has less than a 40 ping, and I am telling you even on a fresh wipe, more than a dozen players will cause cars to misbehave.  No one is lagging.  This server has run RUST/MISCREATED/ARMA 3 and many, MANY other games, but ONLY DayZ has had the worst implementation of vehicles.  I LOVE DAYZ.  And the momement they changed to Server Side, I provided so much data to so many tickets to them, provided them with GIGS and GIGS of logs.  NOTHING changed.  Oh they made some network optimizations here and there but vehicles have always been broken since the change.  I'm not spending any more time helping them with the responses we have been getting, I will continue to press VERY HARD to them that without working, reliable vehicles, part of the end game is simply not obtainable unless you play on highly modded servers.  My server FPS right now is over 4,000 with 12 people on it, and just a handful of mods, and cars fly.  Bad server FPS is not the problem.

After all this time and no direct information from anyone at BI to the community if they even have a plan to fix cars, I have to assume they just don't care anymore.  SO that leaves us with finding a good, smaller map to play where cars are just not priority to get around and you can end game without them.  Looks like NAMALSK might be the answer.  I want players to have a good DayZ experience, at this point, it's just frustrating.  NAMALSK really will be the last straw with our community. 

BI.... take 6 months and fix the damn vehicles.  You'd be doing the entire DayZ community a favor and bring in more players.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Just for the record.
I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what or who to blame for car defects, but I've seen one thing many times.
I have my personal server (the one downloadable from Steam) started to better understand the game and now I enjoy it a lot anyway without struggling with various marauders and assassins: just pure survival as if I were the last survivor.
Well, obviously I have a decent base (built by passing the scripts from "DayZ Community Offline Mode" masonry with H2O and gasoline) and adapting the server files to what I believe is "more realism" (what the game allows me, of course).
I haven't tried any MODs yet, but I already have some pending.
Obviously I have been using the cars since the first time I found one (a Skoda). Now I have 2 Skoda, 2 Niva, 1 Golf and 1 Olga.
Having made this long introduction (necessary to frame my experience a little. The hours of play you can get from my profile, but ± 40% on official servers & ± 60% on my private server)
I use the cars exclusively on my private server, on the public ones I consider it too high a risk to simply become a target for the a**hole on duty ... and I don't want to work for others and die too easily.
And I get to the point (finally :-D)
The private server is maintained by the same PC I play with, so PING is very low (it should be nearly zero, but I don't think it is). The machine is an FX8300 @ 8x4200MHz, 20GB 1600 cl11, a GTX1060 6GB and S.O., drivers, programs and game are on one SSD; nothing exceptional, I defend myself with FPS oscillating between 30/40 & 75 (of the monitor).
With DayZ & DayZ Server (plus some PC management software, temperatures and fans) no core is ever used over 80/85% and the RAM is never occupied over about 70/80%
Here, with this PC, with no other player ... ONLY ME in the game ... the cars are always thrilling.
Generally they work (with their classic flaws, they don't go uphill, wheels often slip, gears too long, engine too weak, speed indication unrealistic, etc ...) but the worst is stoppages and wince in certain situations, especially when from a "deserted" area (uninhabited coastal road), you enter a city ... always a few blocks of variable time.
When I return to the base, with various tents, I always have to brake and stop first or risk a disaster ... and, then, advance very very slowly, especially between the tents (now I also have a gate and stop anyway).
2 times the GOLF has literally disappeared, physically still present, because if I approached I found a "physical block", even if I did not see anything and I could not even see the inventory. Only when the server was restarted did the GOLF reappear as I had parked it (luckily).
A couple of times the car stopped completely for a few seconds and then I found myself: 1st time on a wall (2 wheels and radiator broken), 2nd time on a pole (always 2 wheels and the radiator broken plus damaged battery).
For these last defects, however, there were "signs": even the infected were blocked. The first time not always, the second practically every time. As soon as they saw me, the usual "scene" began, but when they had to shoot towards me they were stuck in the "pissed" position. I could easily reach them and beat them up. Very rarely they unlocked and reacted. Then I rebooted and things settled down.
But the "micro blocks" remain a bit random everywhere. More accentuated where there are more things around.
In fact, given also the poor and unreal performances of the cars, I never use the 4th or 5th ... already very rarely the 3rd. I never go beyond 70/80 Km / H, I am always afraid of the lightning disaster, and only after I have verified, with a stretch of road, that the server has no particular defects or problems of blocks or other.
I have never seen a car fly, maybe this is really a problem due to the net-code or the ping of the players, but I can assure you that it is NOT ONLY for the net-code or the ping of the players that the vehicles are bad... even alone in a server on the same PC these cars are literally "thrilling" ... you never know if you will arrive with the healthy car or you will have to leave it broken somewhere and return on foot considering that it went well for you, seen that you are not dead.
I think it is the game that has something wrong with it, and that maybe the net-code or the ping of the players makes it work much worse ... but it's NOT JUST that, it already works very badly anyway.
I'm sorry to have made it long, but I wanted to write it for a while and I took the opportunity... and it was also necessary to explain the conditions in which I had my experiences that I have told.

P.S.
I hope you will be able to understand what I meant despite the Google translations

I have exactly the same experience with my private server which is on the same PC as my Dayz client. I'm the only player on that server.

i totally get what you are saying dude. I have had the flying car once and it wasn't too bad because it corrected itself after like 10 seconds. to be fair the m3s truck shouldn't have this problem anyway because it has a top speed of 40kmph or some lol 

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:24 PM, ImpulZ said:

Wooden Log, Wooden Plank and Metal Plate could not be attached to the M3S truck

Got x3 trucks on SG 3635 none of slots work (all were found prior to fix) If a new spawn one is found should they work or still buggy? Another gear or a slight adjustment to gears to get 60-65 would be really good too cause you can basically just chuck it in 4th and go anywhere...

Edited by justanotherhuman
Addition

11 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

P.S.

Sounds like your server is performing poorly for some reason, what is its average server FPS when you have these issues? Your specs are higher than mine yet my experimental server runs much better than that on the same PC I'm playing on, with 4-5 other people on it as well. Only shows what we're all saying though - DayZ servers are too sensitive to hardware and network hickups - any improvements that can be done in that regard will be very welcome. I am positive it will come eventually.

(Still, considering all the stuff a DayZ server has to keep track of simultaneously, I am surprised they run as well as they do...)

17 hours ago, Masgel said:

Never get too attached to your gear. Learned that as well.
During 0.63 times, once attempted to walk over to a dresser to grab a quilted jacket, tripped over a broken chair and the character fell underground and died instantly.

that happens to me in real life. its fine.
lol

• Haha 6

EN
I do not find this kind of problems on my DayZ server ... DELL T3610 with XEON E5-1620 v2, 32GB DDR3 RAM (quad-channel) and two HD 500Gb in raid 0. I usually drive above 80KM / H without major difficulties. Only in large cities do stuttering occur but with small effects. There is a serious problem with NETCODE and game optimization. But much is also due to the hardware applied on the server side and on the client side. There are people talking about DayZ 2 ... Do you know when I will buy? Never. Imagine if they couldn't manage the first one, which in reality games are usually the best, imagine the second in the case of BI Studios.
PS: Today the server is running on a Celeron 2.4 GHz with 16GB RAM, all onboard, because my DELL power supply was a problem and it was for repair. It remains "perfect".

PT
Eu não encontro este tipo de problemas no meu servidor de DayZ... DELL T3610 com XEON E5-1620 v2, 32GB RAM DDR3 (quad-channel) e dois HD 500Gb em raid 0.
Costumo dirigir acima dos 80KM/H sem maiores dificuldades. Somente nas cidades grandes acontecem travamentos (stuttering) mas de pequenos efeitos.
Existe sim um problema grave no NETCODE e na optimização do jogo. Mas muito se deve, também, ao hardware aplicado no lado do servidor e no lado do cliente.
Tem pessoas falando de DayZ 2... Sabe quando irei comprar? Nunca. Imagina se não conseguiram dar jeito no primeiro, que na realidade dos jogos geralmente são os melhores, imagina o segundo no caso da BI Studios.
PS: Hoje o servidor está rodando em um Celeron 2.4 GHz com 16GB RAM, todo onboard, pois minha fonte de energia do DELL deu problema e foi para reparo. Permanece "perfeito".

Safe to say, hosting DayZ servers with all kinds of different hardware and software-side setups yields results massively different to what should actually be.

Who would've guessed..? /s

Edited by Masgel