ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

Insulation certainly needs a balancing pass, with focus on how different layers combined protect you, e.g. wearing a wool coat and jeans should keep you more than comfortably warm.

Don't get your hopes up for the police jacket though. First of all it seems like the summer version and you're also forgetting that these aren't modern uniforms but east block 70's style. They were shit.

As already suggested you should be looking for hunting and hiking (which also needs adjustment) gear instead. 

Yes I understand that, I don't have a big hope on police uniform but just I hope they find a way to use it like rest of uniforms in game or clothing will be a bit limited. Maybe combining with good gloves and boots... I'm playing with this outfit for some years I would not like to leave it  😞 

14 minutes ago, X1S0ld13R1X said:

Yes I understand that, I don't have a big hope on police uniform but just I hope they find a way to use it like rest of uniforms in game or clothing will be a bit limited. Maybe combining with good gloves and boots... I'm playing with this outfit for some years I would not like to leave it  😞 

I don't think you're gonna leave this outfit entirely, but be more mindful of the weather instead. Can't be entirely comfortable in any outfit, anyway, otherwise it would be too easy.

Edited by Masgel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The topic is not about discussing bad performance (server, cars, ... ) all day long. The Devs understand this kind of problems better than most of us.

Feedback about the broken bone mechanic:

The meachnic is very nice. The new model of the improvised rail ist looking better than the first one.

But the shock value is not visible enough when you try to move / interact with a broken bone. For example the player is going uncon after a few "fast" steps. But how far and how many steps can he risk? Maybe he is under fire and want to evade it... uncon. 

Idea:

The post processing could indicate more intense that the players is going uncon soon when he will moving on. Or a new UI element should warn the player that the shock value is dangerously high.

Edited by andro_dawton

I'm finding a few buildings having naff item spawn; Half-way in the ground, unspottable, unreachable, not popping up in vicinity. I'm unsure if it's regarding what the "spawn-floor's" placement is or the building's hitbox itself.
First culprits are most shipping containers. Small items (hooks, ammo) sometimes spawn under the visible floor and are only visible if the item prompt pops on the screen.
Second culprit is the smaller "in-progress" building seen in construction areas, best example is the ones sitting in NE of Vybor Air Base.

Also, a question to the ones that tamper with item spawn in servers and the sort for which I didn't get an answer to in Sumrak's stream: When items spawn, do they get "dropped" in or "placed" in?

• Like 1

is there gonna be cassetteplayer to play own created content?

• Like 1

Where is the truck spawn points?  I ran from Electro, Novy, Stary Vybor, NWA,Tisy, Nova, Sinystok, lapatino, Zaprudnoe. 

Nada!

49 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

Where is the truck spawn points?  I ran from Electro, Novy, Stary Vybor, NWA,Tisy, Nova, Sinystok, lapatino, Zaprudnoe. 

Nada!

It isn't too hard to find them in the sky if you search thoroughly.

51 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

Nada!

Taking into consideration how useful the truck is, you'd probably have an even harder time finding one out in their normal spawn locations (which haven't even officially been called out yet) compared to cars. Finding player bases is your best bet.

1 hour ago, ScipioII said:

These are the truck spawn points from the experimental files. I have found a few now, They tend to bounce a lot, and wind up on the sides or roof on server restart

OYazocB.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 1

18 minutes ago, aux7 said:

......They tend to bounce a lot, and wind up on the sides or roof on server restart

How in the hell can't we even get vehicles to spawn in without bouncing around.  This problem plagues Vanilla and modded vehicles for years and literally, no one gives a 'F'!  The devs just create more vehicles and ignore that they get bounced around and destroyed before anyone gets to use them.  Arma 3 had this problem to some degree.  To my knowledge, they never fixed it in Arma 3.... looks like DayZ will follow suit.  At least they are consistent, right?

18 days to NAMALSK!

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

16 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

How in the hell can't we even get vehicles to spawn in without bouncing around.  This problem plagues Vanilla and modded vehicles for years and literally, no one gives a 'F'!  The devs just create more vehicles and ignore that they get bounced around and destroyed before anyone gets to use them.  Arma 3 had this problem to some degree.  To my knowledge, they never fixed it in Arma 3.... looks like DayZ will follow suit.  At least they are consistent, right?

18 days to NAMALSK!

Aye. This bouncing around (and getting ruined and despawning) has been going on since 1.03 iirc. That was when they fixed the "sinking into ground or levitating into oblivion" bug by doing...this. Apparently simply saving the vehicle's exact coordinates including Y-axis is utterly impossible. How on earth that can be so difficult is beyond me, it sounds as if it would be a straightforward saving and loading of some numbers to and from a database, right?!? Someone with more intimate knowledge of these things is welcome to explain. Honestly, please tell us why this is a problem.

Anyway, it seems the way they solved the sinking/levitating bug was by "dropping" vehicles into place, letting gravity make sure it ends up on the ground instead of below or above it. Would probably work fine if it wasn't for the fact that players don't want their vehicles to be stolen, so they try to park them NOT out in the open on level ground, but in garages, woods, barns, car tents, remove wheels etc. So, in the act of restarting, servers obviously have issues getting the physics right, so when trying to drop the cars back into place they will sometimes bump into stuff and bounce. Not always, seems to happen mostly when the car is missing one or more wheels, but often enough to cause a lot of frustration.

I've checked the server logs, and it's not only vehicles that bounce. I see mentions of wolves, zeds and other AI being deleted because their coordinates have ended up being outside the map. So my guess is this whole issue is probably related to the physics issues they're having with the Enfusion engine. We'll see what happens.

I still haven't found a working M3S on my own exp server. I have found three so far, all bashed up and ruined in their spawn positions (I've set vehicles to not despawn if ruined so I can find the evidence.).

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Had a really genius idea...Since Dead Matter is in development and they have vehicles that work already in pre-Early access, B.I. could take on board the Dead Matter devs to fix cars for them and in exchange the B.I. could give them promotion using their big name. Its a win - win which will bring us working cars. Dead Matter lead dev even said he uses some plugins so it will be a matter of drag and drop for him. Might even bring some Dead Matter fanboys over to DayZ. Ladies and gentlemen, the revolution is coming.

as someone already said... Dead Matter is on Unreal Engine 4... the "drag and drop" stuff is UE4 engine thing... DayZ doesn't have that xD 

21 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

as someone already said... Dead Matter is on Unreal Engine 4... the "drag and drop" stuff is UE4 engine thing... DayZ doesn't have that xD 

Look buddy. I have access to insider sources who would say otherwise. All you have is a rumor.

Just now, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Look buddy. I have access to insider sources who would say otherwise. All you have is a rumor.

so you're saying Dead matter runs on DayZ engine? xd

35 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

so you're saying Dead matter runs on DayZ engine? xd

What I'm saying is that the transmodal integration is made possible by a binary reconfiguration of the processing permutations. The DayZ engine is called Enfusion for a reason. Notice the key term 'Fusion' which means to join two or more things together. Despite its critical infrastructure weaknesses the engine has excellent flexibility allowing for the transfer of complex code segments between systems. This won't make much sense to laymen but let's just say that if you knew what I knew, you wouldn't be laughing right now.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

What I'm saying is that the transmodal integration is made possible by a binary reconfiguration of the processing permutations. The DayZ engine is called Enfusion for a reason. Notice the key term 'Fusion' which means to join two or more things together. Despite its critical infrastructure weaknesses the engine has excellent flexibility allowing for the transfer of complex code segments between systems. This won't make much sense to laymen but let's just say that if you knew what I knew, you wouldn't be laughing right now.

even if the plugins work... how will client side cars on Unreal Engine work with server side cars from Enfusion ( i heard DayZ is a hybrid between ArmA ( Take on Helicopters ) engine and new engine )

44 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

even if the plugins work... how will client side cars on Unreal Engine work with server side cars from Enfusion ( i heard DayZ is a hybrid between ArmA ( Take on Helicopters ) engine and new engine )

In the words of Todd Howard, sometimes "It just works."

What the authors accurately managed, it is to convey in the game the exciting moment of the driver's meeting with the car of his dreams. And the lively car, when the driver landed, began his erotic dance on wheels - "I knew you'd hit me, come on, I've been waiting for you for so long. A what? Haven't turned the key yet? And I've already gone )))

CPfm.gif

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 3

In the last few days, I have found that while the gas stove (burner) persists in my inventory, any frying pan or gas bottle attached to it will have disappeared when I next log in. I play on vanilla official and community servers...

People want to be able to use a car on private servers that are full of cheaters .... What logic and what a sense of priorities! It is hopeless...

Edited by lvw06

1 hour ago, lvw06 said:

People want to be able to use a car on private servers that are full of cheaters .... What logic and what a sense of priorities! It is hopeless...

Coming from someone who has never played on a properly run private server of which there are many..... good job!

23 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Coming from someone who has never played on a properly run private server of which there are many..... good job!

You're right, stay in denial! Well-managed private servers? where ? DayOne? Filled with cheaters! WFR RU? Filled with cheaters! You want more ? Your well-managed private servers, and again I ask to see ..., are the ones polluted by bases and traders and look like everything but DayZ. Priority number 1 today, solving the problem of cheating in large numbers. Not to recognize that is perhaps to have an interest in it?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

In the words of Todd Howard, sometimes "It just works."

wasn't that NVIDIA CEO... Jensen?