Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

Every 3 mo over last 5 years I try Dayz Again...

....because I, like many of us, have been here since the mod and love the concept.  Then the reality sets in.  Yes, the devs needed to create a new engine.  Ok.  Got it.  Yes, games take years to make.  Check.  Got it.  Yup, alpha's take eternity....don't you understand that?  Yup, I sure do.  Got it.  I've enjoyed countless alpha experiences and contributed.  This one is different....

...because reality sets in that this is pretty much the same thing from years ago with arguably slower progress, by far, compared to almost any other alpha.  Yes the graphics are a bit better, we have hunting trails, the new engine ...yup that's neat on paper and brings with it some nice graphics, very cool rain & sounds, emotes are coming in, ok that's sorta semi cool, but honestly zombies still run around like a 1992 pc game.  The zeds bump into and walk through walls, look clumsy and quite non intimidating with their disastrous pathing issues, and the game is still klunkyness central.  Man do I want this great concept to get better . . .  and every few months I get the itch, fire up Dayz when I'm all pumped up to utilize max graphics on the 1080ti and widescreen monitor, enjoy the first few moments and then....

- Still, after years,  you walk up to an item and can't grab it.  Not all.  But some you just can't.  Still.  Years later.  Dunno why.  Someone will come here and tell me why.  Syncing this or that.  Cool.  After this long in alpha it should just work.  

- Still, after years, you get a red message saying "no message received for 8 seconds, 7 seconds, 6 seconds etc."  Load back in and you are rewound 5 minutes of game time.  Back in that cabin you visited minutes prior.

- Still cant' easily figure out what server I played on earlier this afternoon.  Even using  "previously played" it's just a pain to find it.  I forgot to grab my pen and paper and write out us southeast central, high pop, and the darn pin number or whatever.

- Still, Zombies act just absurd.  Its embarrassing.  I mean years and years later I saw a status report recently showing we may get to jump.  Seriously,  Jump.  Not the vault we had.  Jump.  Ok cool.  5 years later.  

- Still even the menu's, key binds, etc. are all so oddly worded as a derivative from a military sim.  I get it.  Yah, the history of Arma.  But STILL these menus are just so klunky and odd.

I really do understand all the explanations (to some degree) about a new engine and fans defending the time it takes.  I have also defended it (see below).  For long time gamers that pay attention to what else is out there we've had ARK come and gone, released with tons of expansions, countless other games mentioned and released....such as the Forest, Subnautica, and all the battle royal craze teased, created, released, and fully developed all while dayz get's diddly squat in the time frame from alpha to.....yup, more alpha.  The point is, alpha is just moving far too slow to hold major interest in a rapidly changing gaming community.  

I love this game's concept and what they are trying to do.  I think Dayz, as great as the concept is, has honestly missed it's potential window.  Truly.  Like, 3d tv's, Blockbuster Video, and any other entertainment medium that doesn't innovate in a timely manner or evolve.  After a while it's...ok man, that seemed cool but 4k tv's, Netflix, and other easy to use options have come and taken over.  The world is evolving and Dayz, sadly, put a new engine into an old body style car that isn't as relevant as the newer concept.  I honestly am blown away it takes this long.  I really really am.  It's absurd.  I try to get my old college gaming buds to jump back into it and they honestly scoffed at the lack of progress when they dusted off their old game and hopped in.  They would ask, "Hey man, did they fix ladders, items, zombies, weird melee and the klunk!?"  I tried to defend it and most were like, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe the hit detection is still this trashy, it STILL FEELS Like KLUNKY OL' DAYZ." 

I know these devs are super nice, genuine, and want to release something great.  I'll keep watching and hope.  I do admit that.  But they've missed the real opportunity here I'm afraid : /    

Edited by redmantab
Grammar and sentence structure.
  • Beans 1

I pretty much agree with your "missed opportunity", by the time DayZ is finally released, it will be irrelevant, the hype is dead, and long since gone, a lot of the issues you've mentioned (like the infected) I am not sure will ever be resolved, they recently reworked the audio for them, and I quite frankly think the mod infected sounded better, how is that even possible? we are all still waiting for this game to live up to it's potential, which it may or may not actually do, if all these issues, AI pathing, colliding, shody mocap infected animations, no variation in the way they all run at you when aggroed, the new infected audio that sound totally unprofessional, if these all remain unresolved I do not see them living up to the massive potential we all know this game has, not only will they not recapture the older players attention, but they will also fail to attract new players in .

That being said I still trust Bohemia as a long time Arma player, I know they will do right by the community, and what they will not get right modders will, and that will attract some of the old mod players back atleast .

I played pretty much every variation of DayZ mod, from Vanilla, to Epoch and Overpoch/Overwatch, to the more hardcore one's like Day Zero (which was my go to, FPP is my bae) and Edict on Arma 3, and for all the improvements that we have seen in Standalone, and there are tons, there is one thing that I feel never was recaptured or improved, something that actually regressed, call it nostalgia, or rose tinted glasses, but a lot of the mods gameplay mechanics are still vastly superior, and made the game addictive, I was hooked the first time I played the mod, and each and every one of my 4K hours... I know I will get bashed for saying this, this is my opinion though, agree with it, disagree with it, it is all the same, so feel free to bash away .

Edited by Ninefingers
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, redmantab said:

For long time gamers that pay attention to what else is out there we've had ARK come and gone, released with tons of expansions, countless other games mentioned and released....such as the Forest, Subnautica, and all the battle royal craze teased, created, released, and fully developed all while dayz get's diddly squat in the time frame from alpha to.....yup, more alpha.  The point is, alpha is just moving far too slow to hold major interest in a rapidly changing gaming community.  

What you still don't understand is that DayZ has everything on "Advanced/Expert" level, while other games you've mentioned including games like PUBG/Fortnite/H1z1/Rust is like "Easy" level to make. For example you take one programmer, one guy who knows a bit of modeling and texturing and another who does rigging/animations and boom you have game like PUBG in a year. Now take same ppl and tell them to develop something like DayZ ( lets say the engine is there already ) they will develop the map alone for like 3 years, then get stuck countless times and mby 10 years later they will finish it and another 2 years to fix all mess they've left ( bugs ). 

I agree about the zombies, but imo its still WIP. 
Another thing that im not a fan of dayz is that they left the buildings and other assets looking like from 2001 game ( extremely low res textures, no proper shading ) + no ragdolls for zombies/players and still no proper Antialiasing, the towns looks very rough ( which is kinda good in some way ) but still lacks detail.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Beans 2

Oh yes! The devs really need to update the houses, give them higher textures, including the furniture and add some good shadow effects as they are too bright. The game looks gorgeous besides the ugly interiors of houses. I really hope they do it after remaking the entire forests as well

• Beans 1

I had to reread this thread to find the purpose.  From what I understand, the point of this thread is to say that dayz missed the opportunity.  Because of hype reasoning. Based on a fair amount of hyperbole. 

Note that the enfusion engine that they created for this project is not going to be retired after dayz is published.  They will profit off of it. 

It’s true, it can seem like a long time. However, I’d like to see some actual facts and evidence supporting the idea that if a game spends X amount of time in early access then it misses the opportunity.  Cuz I’m not seein’ it here.  

Hurry up and give us that stress test that is supposed to have everything that was previously in but missing from the first .63 build , and we will all be happy campers ... go ahead devs , your massive vacay is over now , time to get to work .

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Beans 3

I agree with every single aspect of your posts redmantab and blackberrygoo. It's a shame really.

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Hurry up and give us that stress test that is supposed to have everything that was previously in but missing from the first .63 build , and we will all be happy campers ... go ahead devs , your massive vacay is over now , time to get to work .

I'd expected the new content patch already a week or so ago on the stress test branch. Now tomorrow we will get the third status report since the patch got mentioned and I seriously hope they will not use the word "very soon" for the third time in a row.

Welcome back!

You'll learn more about the issues you listed by reading the status reports every 2 weeks than by logging in every 3 months.

If twiddling with optimization and fatal bugs hold us back much more, I'll be amazed if they make a reasonable Beta before 2019, let alone a respectable version 1.0.

We need to have a massive content dump in the next 6-8 weeks.

MASSIVE.

Another one who, like you, returns every few months to get my Cherno fix.

Same as you I have the same conversations with friends who all used to play it and now say it just needs to die.

But, I'm sure all those guys would love to revisit if/when it finally gets to a point where it works...... Maybe.

I just wish they'd add bicycles already. It would instantly bring a new element of [dareIsayit] fun to things. The current vehicles imo are pointless. I've never bothered to fix a car or truck as there is no reward from it after all the hard work. Maybe that's because I'm lone wolf and antisocial lol.

An ATV hunt used to be one of my big early game milestones back in the day. I'd love it if they put some of those back in.

Controls are being declunked-reclunked and fit in to suit a control pad aren't they? For consoles? Or is that just in my head?

I agree with Ninefingers, I actually prefer the zeds from the Mod still. Just stop them from glitch hitting through walls pls. But landing a headshot with a G17 on a zig zagging bloodthirsty mutha f*cker , that felt good. Putting down a pack of zombies with a pistol, saving your mates who were lagging or panicking lol that felt like you were a hero. Where as SA shooting still feels completely random in comparison. So it isn't satisfying at all, which is a huge shame.

There's so many good things they've done, the map and the buildings improvements. Just the gameplay that has to become far better.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:46 AM, Richard III in Leicester said:

Another one who, like you, returns every few months to get my Cherno fix.

Same as you I have the same conversations with friends who all used to play it and now say it just needs to die.

But, I'm sure all those guys would love to revisit if/when it finally gets to a point where it works...... Maybe.

I just wish they'd add bicycles already. It would instantly bring a new element of [dareIsayit] fun to things. The current vehicles imo are pointless. I've never bothered to fix a car or truck as there is no reward from it after all the hard work. Maybe that's because I'm lone wolf and antisocial lol.

An ATV hunt used to be one of my big early game milestones back in the day. I'd love it if they put some of those back in.

Controls are being declunked-reclunked and fit in to suit a control pad aren't they? For consoles? Or is that just in my head?

I agree with Ninefingers, I actually prefer the zeds from the Mod still. Just stop them from glitch hitting through walls pls. But landing a headshot with a G17 on a zig zagging bloodthirsty mutha f*cker , that felt good. Putting down a pack of zombies with a pistol, saving your mates who were lagging or panicking lol that felt like you were a hero. Where as SA shooting still feels completely random in comparison. So it isn't satisfying at all, which is a huge shame.

There's so many good things they've done, the map and the buildings improvements. Just the gameplay that has to become far better.

Couldn't agree more with this.  Such potential.  Still, years later, klunky and light on features.  Also, not sure about the whole Vigor release and potential resources there?  Either way, when my old friends I mentioned in my OP heard of Vigor you could guess their reactions.

"Dayz still after 5+ years isn't really close to done and now they put resources into yet ANOTHER early access!?!"

33 minutes ago, redmantab said:

"Dayz still after 5+ years isn't really close to done and now they put resources into yet ANOTHER early access!?!"

Different team.  Stupid comment is stupid

That's far too toxic.  If you can't keep it civil just take a hike.  So much anger over such a small comment.  Mad in life much?

If Bohemia is funding a different team those are resources that could be spent on having more folks finish Dayz.  It's that simple.  Perhaps a company with one half completed game shouldn't be diverting resources towards yet another early access half completed game.  I think my friends made a pretty reasonable observation and comment.   Let's open a new business, perhaps a sports bar.... and prior to actually opening for business so that investors in the first sports bar can recuperate some funds and those sold on the concept can realize a completion date....open yet another sports bar while the first simply....added a new stool to the layout.

Dayz needs to get finished.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redmantab said:

That's far too toxic.  If you can't keep it civil just take a hike.  So much anger over such a small comment.  Mad in life much?

If Bohemia is funding a different team those are resources that could be spent on having more folks finish Dayz.  It's that simple.  Perhaps a company with one half completed game shouldn't be diverting resources towards yet another early access half completed game.  I think my friends made a pretty reasonable observation and comment.   Let's open a new business, perhaps a sports bar.... and prior to actually opening for business so that investors in the first sports bar can recuperate some funds and those sold on the concept can realize a completion date....open yet another sports bar while the first simply....added a new stool to the layout.

Dayz needs to get finished.

So angry... grrr.  Again, use your head before posting stupid assumptions.

307 posts here....are you typically this toxic?  If so, someone remove this guy from these forums.  Vile negativity.  How about you uplift and help the community, rather than simply come to a forum to vent your life's frustrations?   Feel free to cease pointless name calling and actually have a dialogue.  That's what forums are for.  Keep your life's temper tantrums to yourself.

I suggest you use these forums to be constructive.  Please read, absorb, and ...ghasp... how about you have a conversation and share specific thoughts on what I replied with? 

The point is simply that a company diverting resources to a secondary project while the primary is still incomplete leaves a bad taste (for some or many).  Calling it a different team does not change the fact that Bohemia runs both and, regardless, the point is about Bohemia shuffling around and allocating resources.  Starting project 2 while Bohemia has project 1 on the books incomplete is not exactly the work of a completionist.  When you consider the klunky functionality of Dayz (or lack thereof) I can see why my buddy felt that Bohemia should put more resources into finishing their already long delayed project.  

Hardly seems like an opinion warranting name calling.  Curious to hear your thoughts and others specifically on the allocation of resources discussion point.

Edited by redmantab
grammatical errors

Bohemia is a business first and foremost. To say they shouldnt be working on multiple projects at a time when they have the resources shows a lack of understanding at how these companies work. Arma 3 has had hundreds of devs working in and out during the development of standalone. Yet you don't bat an eye as to why they don't allocate MORE resources to dayz instead? Fact of the matter is you can't just keep throwing people at a project and expect it to move faster. To introduce more devs into the project now would result in a lot of time allocation in training them on the current engine systems. What we have now are probably the same seen and unseen devs that have been working on the game since it started development. They know all the ins and outs of the game and are the best suited people to finish it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Resources, today too many managers are in exactly this opinion that everyone can do everything after a short introduction. Strange that this is often people who have studied for many years .... who then demand a new employee can do everything at your fingertips.

Wise companies know that know-how can or will be the greatest and most valuable of employees. Unfortunately, you can not show the value of knowledge in numbers ... unfortunately. That's why investing more resources in the project at this point would make everything slower before it shows any results.

(no attack on graduated people, but I experience exactly this phenomenon for 2 years in my working environment).

Keep it civil guys.

• Beans 2

On 8/3/2018 at 7:34 PM, redmantab said:

The point is simply that a company diverting resources to a secondary project while the primary is still incomplete leaves a bad taste (for some or many).  Calling it a different team does not change the fact that Bohemia runs both and, regardless, the point is about Bohemia shuffling around and allocating resources.  Starting project 2 while Bohemia has project 1 on the books incomplete is not exactly the work of a completionist.  When you consider the klunky functionality of Dayz (or lack thereof) I can see why my buddy felt that Bohemia should put more resources into finishing their already long delayed project.  

Vigor is made on Unreal Engine.  I don't think the people working on that project would have much to offer towards the challenges of getting DayZ completed.
It's like getting mad at the landlord for sending a carpenter to fix the neighbor's door, while your air conditioner is working only intermittently; because all the refrigeration technicians are/were booked solid for weeks.

Sometimes when people make snap judgements from only the most casual level of knowledge, it can tend to spread irrational and unfounded beliefs.  And sometimes when people see others do this, they get upset and make asses of themselves.
Reminds me of that time I keep saying the new combat control and personal health icons are now the way they are because it also suits console versions.  I don't know this for certain, and am at risk of looking like an ass for saying so.
Still doesn't stop me from thinking or saying it though. = )

The world would be such a nicer place if people would train themselves, that when they find they are upset, to investigate the cause of this before attacking the perceived source of their plight.
I'd place it at above 50% of the time, personally, that I find I'm wrong about something that initially upsets me.  So if I don't want to look like an ass more than half the time, I have to reserve my protests until after I have confirmed the veracity of my beliefs and impressions.
Everybody does this many times daily.  Actively managing the ratio and relative importance of such instances helps quite a bit, both to not look like and ass, but also to not feel upset at as many things.

Especially with DayZ...  At this point, there is a large group of people who will look for anything to attack just because of the bandwagon effect.  

And now a small rant on the effects of assumptions and snap judgements:
In the US and beyond, this is a truly terrifying cultural trend in far-ranging aspects of life.  To go-off topic for a bit, I recently read about a family who was displaced by wildfires, who were ticketed nearly $300 US for leaving their childrens' pet (avian) in the car while shopping for food.  Would anyone like to guess what the first response to their post was???  A four paragraph rant attacking the person's humanity, intelligence,  prospective political affiliation, and fitness as a parent, which ended on a call to arms to prepare for waves of 'zombie' refugees from an ironically more wealthy and culturally developed region. 
Those kind of people exist, they have jobs--sometimes in public service positions--and spread these types of beliefs and influence policies.

There are more important things to be upset about than what kind trivial decisions are made, and how opinions are shared in this insignificant microcosm of electronic entertainment and leisure.  But maybe we can use some of these interactions to view important things with a bit more developed perspective.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

On 8/3/2018 at 9:34 PM, redmantab said:

The point is simply that a company diverting resources to a secondary project while the primary is still incomplete leaves a bad taste (for some or many). 

By resources, you mean employees.  You can't just turn up the resources knob here. BI isn't a huge company, either.  It has to consider the company's production alongside employee growth.  It has a budget.  Additionally, there are various specializations within game development.  You can't just toss more devs on a bug fire and expect it to go out.

I think some of you guys blanket defend your baby here instead of just taking a minute to look at what my friend was saying.  I mean he really is making a general observation that he wouldn't need any of emuthreat's deep dive intel-gathering concept to share.  Many of the folks replying to my main op here seemed to agree with my points above about "still" this or that feature not functioning.  In my summary I am factoring in some understanding for delays, system changes etc, but at some point it just becomes a bit ridiculous and embarrassing.   When you watch entire genre's become announced, put through alpha/beta, and then released to success with full functioning systems while Dayz adds what feels like tidbits of...hiking trails and a few other small items...it's a bad look.

You make a decent point about people making snap judgements - it just isn't really what's going on here.  I don't think my friend (or many of the people that simply feel this way about Dayz) needs to perform any further intelligence gathering.  Maybe you can't just add certain resources to the project...ok, perhaps that is fair . . . but the point is that it still feels like something more should be done instead of the current incomplete result and adding another similar survival game.  Other company's develop swaths of features/games far deeper developed in shorter time frames.  See my main post with examples --   "For long time gamers that pay attention to what else is out there we've had ARK come and gone, released with tons of expansions, countless other games mentioned and released....such as the Forest, Subnautica, and all the battle royal craze teased, created, released, and fully developed all while dayz get's diddly squat in the time frame from alpha to.....yup, more alpha."  Hunt Showdowns another good example.

Perception is everything.  The realities of the dev team swapping to a new engine and other technical delays (while possibly valid) get lost in the winds of what else people see blow by while they wait.  Despite the "valid reasons" for delay, Dayz is commonly (and accurately many may add) perceived to have miniscule additions and advancement.  I tend to agree.  

It's just this simple -

There is a viewpoint that if someone (or a company) releases a product that takes longer than the norm (or perceived norm) and the product is still broken/klunky (or generally perceived incomplete) if that very same company then announces it will be releasing another similar concept product one (or both) may be poorly received.  Even if adding "resources" won't work, the general sense and common reaction is to prod the company to get their act together and finish the first broken product. 

"Jackfrags" echoes some of this sentiment (apprehension towards Vigor with Dayz's history as incomplete) in the 6:45 minute mark of his video here.

As I said, I frequently try to get my old friend or my wife to pick up Dayz for a fresh run...only to have something like this occur...(and I can't blame them!)....

Dayz Valiant Re-pump Attempt 5 Years Later

"Hey Brian, how goes it!?  Long time man.  Dude, I'm going to pump you up to play some Dayz with me like the old days!  Also, we'll talk about their new survival game once we get online."

..."Oh, wait, what?  The Dayz dudes are releasing another survival game?!  Uhhh, really? Oooh kay.  Cool...hey, did they finish up klunky ass 5 gabillion years in development Dayz?!  Their concept was cool and may of been impactful 5 years ago.  Is it done to where I'd really wanna play w you?  

"It's kinda of come along man.  Let's give it a try.  Meet me on Discord in ten."

"Really, you think it's a lot better.  Ok, fine, I'll log in."

"Cool, see you in a few bud."

"Um, seriously man?  Wow.  This zombie still 5 years later ran through 5 doors.  The klunky combat still is awkward and you can't even grab items sometimes.  Wow.  Looks cool how the trees are blowing.  That's cool.  Hmmm.  How do you jump?  Oh you can't.  Huh.  Wait...what?  That's coming?  LOL.  After 5 years?  What's this red writing on my screen with a timer?  My guy's like timing out or something?! Why did I log back in and rewind like the matrix to where I was 5 minutes ago.  Honestly, this feels the same as 5 years ago!  Unimpressive.  Shoot, pretty lame they just go release yet another survival game when they already show that they can't fully release the first one. Seems like a weak a$$ unfinished development approach man.  I'll pass"

Edited by redmantab
  • Beans 1

Said it before and saying it again: We paid them to create a new engine. They will use this new engine to sell other stuff in the future.

The sooner everyone accepts this the sooner we can move on and never buy anything again from them.

Guys, this company only lives off the ArmA Franchise + mil train stuff. (My first thought on Leopard 2A6 training stations was: "Hey, this is ArmA!") All their other games were "meh" at best.

And even ArmA only lives because of the great mod community.

I know it takes some time to realize and accept his. I started way back when they first released Operation Flashpoint and they never really changed anything in their concept.

On 10-8-2018 at 2:05 AM, redmantab said:

I think some of you guys blanket defend your baby here instead of just taking a minute to look at what my friend was saying.  I mean he really is making a general observation that he wouldn't need any of emuthreat's deep dive intel-gathering concept to share.  Many of the folks replying to my main op here seemed to agree with my points above about "still" this or that feature not functioning.  In my summary I am factoring in some understanding for delays, system changes etc, but at some point it just becomes a bit ridiculous and embarrassing.   When you watch entire genre's become announced, put through alpha/beta, and then released to success with full functioning systems while Dayz adds what feels like tidbits of...hiking trails and a few other small items...it's a bad look.

You make a decent point about people making snap judgements - it just isn't really what's going on here.  I don't think my friend (or many of the people that simply feel this way about Dayz) needs to perform any further intelligence gathering.  Maybe you can't just add certain resources to the project...ok, perhaps that is fair . . . but the point is that it still feels like something more should be done instead of the current incomplete result and adding another similar survival game.  Other company's develop swaths of features/games far deeper developed in shorter time frames.  See my main post with examples --   "For long time gamers that pay attention to what else is out there we've had ARK come and gone, released with tons of expansions, countless other games mentioned and released....such as the Forest, Subnautica, and all the battle royal craze teased, created, released, and fully developed all while dayz get's diddly squat in the time frame from alpha to.....yup, more alpha."  Hunt Showdowns another good example.

Dayz Valiant Re-pump Attempt 5 Years Later

"Hey Brian, how goes it!?  Long time man.  Dude, I'm going to pump you up to play some Dayz with me like the old days!  Also, we'll talk about their new survival game once we get online."

..."Oh, wait, what?  The Dayz dudes are releasing another survival game?!  Uhhh, really? Oooh kay.  Cool...hey, did they finish up klunky ass 5 gabillion years in development Dayz?!  Their concept was cool and may of been impactful 5 years ago.  Is it done to where I'd really wanna play w you?  

"It's kinda of come along man.  Let's give it a try.  Meet me on Discord in ten."

"Really, you think it's a lot better.  Ok, fine, I'll log in."

"Cool, see you in a few bud."

"Um, seriously man?  Wow.  This zombie still 5 years later ran through 5 doors.  The klunky combat still is awkward and you can't even grab items sometimes.  Wow.  Looks cool how the trees are blowing.  That's cool.  Hmmm.  How do you jump?  Oh you can't.  Huh.  Wait...what?  That's coming?  LOL.  After 5 years?  What's this red writing on my screen with a timer?  My guy's like timing out or something?! Why did I log back in and rewind like the matrix to where I was 5 minutes ago.  Honestly, this feels the same as 5 years ago!  Unimpressive.  Shoot, pretty lame they just go release yet another survival game when they already show that they can't fully release the first one. Seems like a weak a$$ unfinished development approach man.  I'll pass"

You come with arguments that have been explained countless of time. DayZ uses crappy old engine, has huge sales, bigger ambitions, want to make new engine, needs to develop new engine alongside the game.  There! Thats the reason why DayZ has not that perfect development cycle like games as Ark, Rust or The Forest. You should know that games like Rust were made on a stable engine and the devs only had to add features and content. Now that we get that out of the way, what do you think happens when they come with a complete new engine? Exactly! Basic bugs, instability and performance problems. Things that will not occur with games that are made on an engine that have been developed and made perfect over the course of 10 years (Unity/Unreal). That people actually think that putting a completely new rewritten engine in place comes without new bugs is just shocking. They released it on experimental so that we, the players, can find bugs and other problems, while also enjoying the huge leap forward that 0.63 brings in tech and the stuff that is already there. If you done any research you would know that it lacks in content and features because it has to be re-implemented all over again! That you and your friends are clueless about that is your own problem and I could care less, but you actually come to complain on the forums without doing any research or basic thinking whatsoever. But here I am, now I explained everything to you.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Sarnar said:

Said it before and saying it again: We paid them to create a new engine. They will use this new engine to sell other stuff in the future.

The sooner everyone accepts this the sooner we can move on and never buy anything again from them.

Guys, this company only lives off the ArmA Franchise + mil train stuff. (My first thought on Leopard 2A6 training stations was: "Hey, this is ArmA!") All their other games were "meh" at best.

And even ArmA only lives because of the great mod community.

I know it takes some time to realize and accept his. I started way back when they first released Operation Flashpoint and they never really changed anything in their concept.

You don't like niche markets? You have something against small companies? You love in the world of Big Player Short Lifetime Max Profit Globalism?   You have shares in Sony?  You always buy your clothes off the peg mass produced in Pakistan? - No "harm" in any of those things, we all do SOME of that.

But it pays to be thoughtful, IMO, and be thoughtful even BEFORE you buy - crazy idea hu? - ask around, get opinions you respect BEFORE you pay for a game? - you started way back in ArmA (you say) and already all their other games were "meh" at best.. but then you went ahead and paid for DayZ..  was that YOUR choice ?  ) .. Perhaps you have a short attention span?

And would you REALLY be pleased if DayZ was a pay to play, a DLC, or a Doomlike built fast for quick bucks on any bought-in engine? (quick turnover for short attention span buyers).  Do you NEVER go to a specialist because they specialize in ONE thing?  Or does all your stuff HAVE to be Wallmart?

as you say:   "the sooner we can move on and never buy anything again from them" -  

1= I don't understand what's stopping you moving on? You play a game you DONT LIKE ! (why? - are you CRAZY? In your free time, TRY playing a game YOU LIKE, ok? I think that would be more fun for you.)
2 = I notice there are still a lot of fans and clubs who play ArmA ... I know one or two, they are total cult fans after ALL this TIME .. Are they ignorant, or fools, or being ripped off? - Or perhaps they hate playing but their mother won't let them move on? Or perhaps they know what they are doing?   (is it a mystery or is it about attention span?)

3= Do you think Sony is NOT making you PAY for their endless big buck next products their engines their games their cheap budget throwaways their advertising their built in obsolescence their mega PROFIT ? - Realize it and accept it and move on and never buy anything from them again.

[see you in the game, dude]

xxp

• Like 3
  • Beans 1