Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

4 hours ago, bingo_fuel said:

This is a confirmed bug: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120715

It`s an unknown respawn bug until last mintues - I`ve tested it a while and figure out that the bug happen sometimes only when you log into a new server.

I killed myself to test this again to reproduce it, and when I respawned the grahpic issues was fixed on a 1st person server.

It`s a joy to play 1st person now with the same sound as 3rd person, exccellent job dayz team - I think 1st person will be much more popular now that breathing mechanic is lower,

and 1st person sounds less intense.

The dynamic lightning inside a building is working, but still some bugs with it. (my flare inside) as you can see with the window.

Campfire and flares still diminish and vanish at too short distance around 200 meters, @Hicks_206 (DayZ)

It should be possible to spot campfires from at least 1000 meters distance. 

20161105153548_1.jpg

• Like 4

I was playing on UK 0-10 and after 2h of game it crashed

Then I logged back and my character was not saved and restored to my 1st position on the server....

2 hours ago, Woody188887 said:

Are wolves in or out. Got a feeling the patch they released took them out as they where causing the crash. 

Unless u guys have seen/heard any

My main goal was to encounter a wolf pack but despite having played on the last two 0.61 builds I've had no luck.

1 hour ago, Darius Vitaminas said:

I think there is like 1 group of wolves in server and they are pretty hard to find.

I hope that's not true!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I like Bohemia games: DayZ and Arma series. I like playing DayZ, but I need in this game more vehicles and more locations with guns. Please add to .61 bicycle and fix glitches (wall glitch, no scope sway, dupe glitch and more).

Thanks for reaction (Bohemia).

Seky (Slovakia)

Edited by Seky700

It's been quite a while since i last played DayZ and i just made it back for .61exp. Happy to say that i met another player on exp without getting kosd, we didn't interact much but nice anyway.

Hypthermia is quite brutal atm: When running in lite/medium rain bodytemp fell from 36.7 to 35.5 in 2 or 3 minutes while it took 30 minutes in front of a fireplace (6 firewood and 14 sticks)inside a house to get it up to 35.99 again.

That was on my second run, on the first i died from hypothermia after spawning in heavy rain. So i would say it's probably working as intended now, just a little tweaking on the upwarming part maybe?

To me it feels like the whole game is running smoother now, the weird walking/running sounds in 1pp are gone and there are Infected even around the more remote solitary houses. So far i am quite happy with 0.61.

• Like 2

It's amazing how infected are spawning dynamically now, but honestly their AI is fucking bonkers.

The way they push you now is horrible too.  I died because I got pushed into a wall on a 3 story building and fell to my death.

And some of them, well most of them, are way to slow; they do this stupid half-assed run animation and they run slower than a grandma, and it looks really, really really dumb and it's not much of a threat, I didn't know these were romero zombies.

You guys should really improve their AI before stable hits.

Also, a issue I came across; sometimes, bullets at close range are really slow; like it takes awhile for it to register, there's a delay before the impact at close range, however at longer ranges it feels just right.

Also; seeing how many zombies can spawn in coastal cities like cherno and elektro (I got chased by a 15+ horde, however wasnt much of a threat because all of them were the slower-grandma shit type), more loot should spawn in those cities.  .22's should be much more common imo.

Edited by MrJoe (DayZ)

7 hours ago, KingofTheWorld said:

They was always like that once you let  zombie in its hard to kill or escape without causing bug I want some devolopers answer me how they think they can fix. Tell me technical details if not ,dont answer me.

Based on your poorly constructed reaction (which even has poor English but that aside), I don't think technical details are going to help you at all. First you need to know the basics like what alpha is for example. And if you know those details you would have constructed your reaction in a less whiney way but rather in a constructive reaction which communicates this bug to the community and the develpers.

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

yeah, let us speculate, one thing that the dayz map is not accurate - I don`t know if it`s official map or whatever. ;)

That map is a data mined map straight from the game files. Not only that but also all the spawn points you see are possible spawn points which means there can spawn wolves but it is not guaranteed you're going to find them there.

1 hour ago, blackberrygoo said:

People claim to have heard them out in the western part of the map ... I can't confirm as I've been spending most of my time on the eastern portion of the northern highway . The dayz Tv map was accurate the first dev build of .61 I believe but none of us played that and now it seems they have taken almost all (if not all) wolve spawns out of the map . Also zombie inventories now have nothing in them again .

I searched the forest in the west from about Kamenka to the north of Myshkino tents until I was ambushed. Haven't heard or seen any wolves but when talking/listening at Teamspeak it can be hard to have missed it because of the soft environment sounds.

Just now, Seky700 said:

Hey guys,

I like Bohemia games: DayZ and Arma series. I like playing DayZ, but I need in this game more vehicles and more locations with guns. Please add to .61 bicycle and fix glitches (wall glitch, no scope sway, dupe glitch and more).

Thanks for reaction (Bohemia).

Seky (Slovakia)

First of all, this is not the right topic, it's the discussion of the Experimental 0.61 build. Second, this game is still in development and so are vehicles. Third, the bicycle has been confirmed but it will come at a later stage and wall glitch, no scope sway should be fixed as soon as the new character controller comes in. Lastly, more locations with guns? I strongly advice to consider if this game is meant for you because in both stable and experimental build there are more than enough guns and ammo.

Just now, Bruderlos_2.0 said:

It's been quite a while since i last played DayZ and i just made it back for .61exp. Happy to say that i met another player on exp without getting kosd, we didn't interact much but nice anyway.

Hypthermia is quite brutal atm: When running in lite/medium rain bodytemp fell from 36.7 to 35.5 in 2 or 3 minutes while it took 30 minutes in front of a fireplace (6 firewood and 14 sticks)inside a house to get it up to 35.99 again.

That was on my second run, on the first i died from hypothermia after spawning in heavy rain. So i would say it's probably working as intended now, just a little tweaking on the upwarming part maybe?

To me it feels like the whole game is running smoother now, the weird walking/running sounds in 1pp are gone and there are Infected even around the more remote solitary houses. So far i am quite happy with 0.61.

I agree on the warming up part but only in houses. With a big fire in an house you should easily get dry again and warm up fast due to the fact that you're in an house where there is no or less wind, you don't get wet and the heat stays in the room and around you because of no or less wind.

I almost died to hypothermia yesterday, was at 900 health. Thanks to sitting at a fire for a long time and with the help of GaryWalnuts supplying this fire regulary and providing overwatch over the house I was in I managed to survive. Shortly after I got to the freezing stage the server crashed and I was a freshie again which was a bit of annoying because I just flipped off death and died anyway technically speaking.

Just now, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

Also, a issue I came across; sometimes, bullets at close range are really slow; like it takes awhile for it to register, there's a delay before the impact at close range, however at longer ranges it feels just right.

Also; seeing how many zombies can spawn in coastal cities like cherno and elektro (I got chased by a 15+ horde, however wasnt much of a threat because all of them were the slower-grandma shit type), more loot should spawn in those cities.  .22's should be much more common imo.

What is the ping of the server you're playing on? It might be the distance rather than server performance. I can not confirm nor deny anything because I usually play on higher ping servers because I mainly play with North-American players. In fact, since Luc Tonnerre stopped playing, I'm the only European player of the group.

And they are not threatening? Try to loot some houses with them following your ass. If you take too long they will catch up and swarm you, you will be dead. But they slow down after a while because of stamina which currently players have an unlimited amount of. But that will change in the future and then you might find yourself in some hairy situations, specially if they are going to make a difference between infected. It's quite normal that a military infected would run faster than a civilian infected. In fact, you can already see a difference, punching a police infected to death is much harder than a civilian infected.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, IMT said:

And they are not threatening? Try to loot some houses with them following your ass. If you take too long they will catch up and swarm you, you will be dead. But they slow down after a while because of stamina which currently players have an unlimited amount of. But that will change in the future and then you might find yourself in some hairy situations, specially if they are going to make a difference between infected. It's quite normal that a military infected would run faster than a civilian infected. In fact, you can already see a difference, punching a police infected to death is much harder than a civilian infected.

I get that them running slow is part of their stamina system, but nearly every single one i've encountered except some were running at a grandma's pace, and with the animation they have it's more funny than scary/threatening.  

They aren't threatening because when they are running slow I can loot a house quickly.  However the fast ones, especially when theres a bunch of them, are pretty damn scary.  They should just change the stamina system the zombies have because they go to that grandma pace shit too quickly. And they really need to remove the pushing, it makes them feel so glitchy.

But to answer your main question, they are pretty threatening right now, atleast sometimes.  I already died on exp (not on purpose) because I was looting those small 1 story office buildings (the ones with the bathroom that usually spawns blood bags) and about 16 or so came running in and trapped me, and I got knocked out.

2 hours ago, starvingart said:

My main goal was to encounter a wolf pack but despite having played on the last two 0.61 builds I've had no luck.

Same here. I spawned near Pavlovo and went inland towards Vishnoye, then on through Black Forest, Novy Lug and ended near Kamensk.   Haven't seen a wolf or even heard a howl so far.  The only animals I've seen were a few chickens out by Devil's Castle.  Next I'm going to loop through Nagornoe, Novod and the forests near Ostry to see if I can locate some lupine.  Hopefully something will spawn along those points.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
words
  • Like 1

Just now, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

I get that them running slow is part of their stamina system, but nearly every single one i've encountered except some were running at a grandma's pace, and with the animation they have it's more funny than scary/threatening.  

They aren't threatening because when they are running slow I can loot a house quickly.  However the fast ones, especially when theres a bunch of them, are pretty damn scary.  They should just change the stamina system the zombies have because they go to that grandma pace shit too quickly. And they really need to remove the pushing, it makes them feel so glitchy.

But to answer your main question, they are pretty threatening right now, atleast sometimes.  I already died on exp (not on purpose) because I was looting those small 1 story office buildings (the ones with the bathroom that usually spawns blood bags) and about 16 or so came running in and trapped me, and I got knocked out.

Trust me, if you're not sprinting they can keep up. In the future when you will sprint you will be out of stamina quickly and if the system is a bit like Arma 3 where you jog slower if you're out of stamina then you will be in trouble. Then quickly loot an house while you have infected behind your ass won't be that easy.

I find that the return of infected most definitely brings some sort of threat. Maybe not on their own but combine it with possible other players in the vicinity. You can give yourself away or the infected can give you away. Which takes away the element of surprise from your side which is the most important aspect in PvP.

When we saw the return of them in small numbers I found it already threatening. You need to take out your target in one time because if you don't you will get aggro which leads to you moving away from your current position, giving your target a chance to recover and turn the tides against you.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Same here. I spawned near Pavlovo and went inland towards Vishnoye, then on through Black Forest, Novy Lug and ended near Kamensk.   Haven't seen a wolf or even heard a howl so far.  The only animals I've seen were a few chickens out by Devil's Castle.  Next I'm going to loop through Nagornoe, Novod and the forests near Ostry to see if I can locate some lupine.  Hopefully something will spawn along those points.

I was really hoping to see the animals back. I was looking forward to the wolves, but honestly just bringing back the other animals would have made me happy for now. It's been months since I made my improvised leather backpack, and I miss the boar a lot...

Haven't seen any rabbits, deer, cow, sheep, goat, pigs, boars or wolves, only chickens..

• Like 1

I made my way to Tisy to see if they had infected there, and was happily surprised to see that yes. Just moments later I found an AKM with mags and an AK101 with kashtan and mag attached. Had an MP5 with a 30 round mag and ammo for all the weapons, was looking forward to test the new sounds, but a camper mauled me down before I could shoot.

Something to note, although the "desync" have been much better in this patch, I got killed because the game "froze" for a second when the killer started shooting me, giving me no chance to run, dodge, or fight back.

So far I've been attacked by everyone I saw, bare hands, melee or with guns.

I totally understand what some players are saying about the craziness of players in recent experimental builds compared to before, and it's quite simple to understand : Hype.

The hype that was build up for 0.60 was insane, and bigger than any version of DayZ before. Although a bit smaller, there was still huge hype for 0.61 and that brought all the content creators and streamers. With it, those who want action and nothing else.

You just have to go check Twitch (what I did yesterday after getting killed) to see all those streamers with even just a few watchers, streaming 0.61 experimental for thrills and kills.

Anyway, it's part of it all now, so stay safe, and pe prepared at all time to slay those players down, for the sake of science if you want.

• Like 3

zeds are everywhere, was on skalisty island and was surrounded from zeds.

not that funny when your end is near cause of hypothermia ;)

saw some chickens and one deer near devils castle but no fox,wolf or boar.

• Like 2

And both Sporter & Trumpet is too loud at the moment @Hicks_206 (DayZ) - I`ve tested both and it should be more silence for sure similar to the 0.60 patch. 

• Like 1

Also, didn't see any heli crash site, either Mi-8 or UH-1Y... And I've done a long search far and wide for them on multiple servers, for more than 2 hours. 

No dynamic crash sites.

Although I did find a few dynamic police cars.

• Like 1

Yeah I saw a crashsite yesterday, but none today after looking around the Green mountains and NW Airfield today. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I saw a crashsite yesterday, but none today after looking around the Green mountains and NW Airfield today. 

I went through 56 of the 70 possible spawn (They might have changed now, cause a few would collision buildings and objects at the modified Green Mountain surroundings. Pulkovo mostly.) and didn't encounter 1. I did this on a 3pp server, and a 1pp server after that.

I'm glad at least you found one. Might I ask where did you find it?

9 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I'm glad at least you found one. Might I ask where did you find it?

I believe @IMT found a Heli before being sniped.

He might remember where that was....

• Like 1

Sharing a few screen shots of yesterday's test.

E9DEF013D971758A3534A7934120AB0376AD02AA

35DC0CDCF9103F6E2A4C920C3BECE684DC3BB5C4

BE475FC96AF427C93240D3B5A53872433D03EE67

3094F4E360B31E64FFAC0B3C986DB2AA09446CF1

340BBAFD5FBB22506C7B7221EE74219ECCE4C7EA

CAE8BE9EECFAFEEB4806B79F4618410F1E1DCC89

• Like 4

@odin_lowe

May we have a video of you tactically clearing a small town of infected with a silenced pistol while cursing softly in French, English, and Japanese?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ori42 said:

Campfire and flares still diminish and vanish at too short distance around 200 meters, @Hicks_206 (DayZ)

It should be possible to spot campfires from at least 1000 meters distance. 

I don't know in which thread hicks mentioned that the devs are aware of this but it's on their to do list ^^

35 minutes ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

I don't know in which thread hicks mentioned that the devs are aware of this but it's on their to do list ^^

It was this thread. I asked that question. 

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

@odin_lowe

May we have a video of you tactically clearing a small town of infected with a silenced pistol while cursing softly in French, English, and Japanese?

I'm gonna think about it. ;) 

• Like 1

tested the sone oven:

mY4GYvM.jpg[/spoiler\]

iuhI3ti.jpg

UHPSouY.jpg

Edited by koffeekage
trying to figure out spoilers
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Also, didn't see any heli crash site, either Mi-8 or UH-1Y... And I've done a long search far and wide for them on multiple servers, for more than 2 hours. 

No dynamic crash sites.

Although I did find a few dynamic police cars.

i saw an Mi-8 dynamic crash south east of the NW Airfield 

• Like 1